Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

London is an International and diverse city, if you don't understand that, and make your bigoted little opinions regardless, then you're racist. Almost 4 Million people from EU countries were given settled status after Brexit. Many of these people are living in their "home nations" due to Covid, but appear as unvaccinated by their London GP's. 

At the 2011 census over 50% of people in London were born outside the UK. Many of these people have different cultures, religions, backgrounds and beliefs than your totalitarian views. They don't necessarily believe they should get a vaccine. If you don't recognise that, then you're a racist.

The majority of people in London are not white. There experience in the UK has been one of racism and many mistrust govt. and other authorities. If they are told to get a vaccine, they will think about it long and hard. If you don't understand that from your position of white privilege, then you're a racist.

59.79% are white according to the 2011 census you mention, and 36.7% were not born in the UK.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

One thing you weren’t Chalfont was your figure of 96%, which is out by quite a large margin. 

Wikipedia my source. 95.9 per cent. Yours?

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What did the 2011 census say?

Sorry mistype. Meant 2011.

39 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

See I said you wouldn’t be able to understand it. 

Maybe you should have explained it better, I did ask nicely after all. Your post alludes that a part of the PCR test gives the actual number of Omicron cases, why then send a small sample for sequencing for confirmation if they are already actual Omicron cases.

Dennis Denuto
21 minutes ago, escobri said:

Maybe you should have explained it better, I did ask nicely after all. Your post alludes that a part of the PCR test gives the actual number of Omicron cases, why then send a small sample for sequencing for confirmation if they are already actual Omicron cases.

I’ve explained before, go back and look. 

Dennis Denuto
21 minutes ago, escobri said:

3 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

No,  you should have explained it better.  Pop-up book or perhaps got The Singing Kettle in to sing it.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

NYE celebration in Trafalgar Square cancelled as Omicron surges in London

Those parochial Klan member sweaty socks!

Look at what they've gone and done now!

Francis Albert
45 minutes ago, pablo said:

I would think that Edinburgh' white population makes up just under 90% these days, but of course it's nothing like London, or other large English towns.

As a matter of interest, which part of London do you live in?

I would think you were well out on your estimate of the percentage of Edinburgh's white population. 

Lived in Kensington at first much of which is a lot less privileged than some outsiders think. I was certainly not privileged. Lately Bromley a leafy outer London Borough which has only 80 percent white population. Only 4 times non white compared to Edinburgh.

But it is an absurd discussion. London is hugely more diverse in colour race and most other ways than Edinburgh.

And back on topic it explains a lot of the difference in vaccination rates which was the point of the post that kicked off this diversion.

Edited by Francis Albert

Dennis Reynolds
44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wikipedia my source. 95.9 per cent. Yours?

Sorry mistype. Meant 2011.

Yeah, your looking at the 2001 figure. The 2011 figure on Wikipedia for Edinburgh is 91.7%.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I would think you were well out on your estimate of the percentage of Edinburgh's white population. 

Lived in Kensington at first much of which is a lot less privileged than some outsiders think. I was certainly not privileged. Lately Bromley a leafy outer London Borough which has only 80 percent white population. Only 4 times non white compared to Edinburgh.

But it is an absurd discussion. London is hugely more diverse in colour race and most other ways than Edinburgh.

No, you're well out. Not surprising tbh. Pretty narrow minded view imo.

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In 2011 91.7% were white, nearly 8% were European as well, so add in some from USA and down under and ten years of continuing altering of the demographic and I’d be surprised if 80% were white British. 

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No,  you should have explained it better.  Pop-up book or perhaps got The Singing Kettle in to sing it.

Good one.👏

And back on topic it explains a lot of the difference in vaccination rates which was the point of the post that kicked off this diversion.

How far out do you think I'll be based on the 91.7% figure that's 10 years old? 

Bromley eh? Cool. 

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, LMc said:

Yeah, your looking at the 2001 figure. The 2011 figure on Wikipedia for Edinburgh is 91.7%.

Just checked his source and it was 81.9% white British in 2011. So I think we can dismiss the rest of his post as pish too

21 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I actually tried to look for your post where you described the testing of confirmation of Omicron but was unable to locate said post, I would be obliged if you could repost it, cheers.

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, pablo said:

How far out do you think I'll be based on the 91.7% figure that's 10 years old? 

Bromley eh? Cool. 

Even that figure is 10% out and the ten years too

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, LMc said:

Yes I was looking at the wrong column. Apologies. London is still hugely more diverse than Edinburgh.

Maybe one of you broader minded will acknowledge that?

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Yes I was looking at the wrong column. Apologies. London is still hugely more diverse than Edinburgh.

Is that a badge on honour for you?

Or is it just a pishing contest?

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Good post. I have lived most of my life in London and although I love Edinburgh I could not live there now. The Scottish government bangs on about diversity but Edinburgh must be one of the least diverse capital cities in the world. It is, compared to London and indeed most if not all major cities in England, virtually monocultural - over 96% white British I believe..

The parochialism comes across in some of the posts on here.

You could be on to something. There's a poster on here who is so parochial his username is his postcode.

.massively more diverse.

To dispute that for whatever reason is stupid.

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Has anyone disputed that?

You said Edinburgh was one of the least diverse capitals in the world with wrong numbers and are now trying to make it out as some sort of competition.

We get it, you live in London. Well done. 

12 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

In 2011 91.7% were white, nearly 8% were European as well, so add in some from USA and down under and ten years of continuing altering of the demographic and I’d be surprised if 80% were white British. 

Prepare your own eyebrows they are about to be raised

Some posters are determined to twist anything to suit their needs.

Its wearing so thin.

Francis Albert has his posts twisted by some feeble arguments .

Embarrassing actually.

3 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I very much doubt that 96% of them consider themselves to be British.

Me and London is not a great city! I've been all over this planet and found London to be one of the worst places in it! San Francisco and Sydney are far superior and so is Edinburgh! 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Ked said:

Its wearing so thin.

Embarrassing actually.

Yep.

Things have certainly went of topic. 

Dennis Reynolds
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Its wearing so thin.

Embarrassing actually.

What's been twisted exactly?  

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Me and London is not a great city! I've been all over this planet and found London to be one of the worst places in it! San Francisco and Sydney are far superior and so is Edinburgh! 

Is that because the other cities are predominantly white?

Dennis Reynolds

To move on from the weird London Lads circle jerk, decent thread here 👇

Numbers going well in SA. Need that to translate over here but some decent numbers from Denmark as well.

Just now, LMc said:

To move on from the weird London Lads circle jerk, decent thread here 👇

Numbers going well in SA. Need that to translate over here but some decent numbers from Denmark as well.

No doubt you move on.

And with a snide dig.

After being snide.

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not really. Couldn't care less about race, creed or colour. London may be more diverse but it's not a particularly great city. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Ked said:

No doubt you move on.

And with a snide dig.

After being snide.

3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Terrible that, eh. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm sure that was 50% of new infections, so 50% of Scotland's case numbers reported from Friday(?) were likely to be Omicron.

The Omicron distribution is uneven across the UK. London has the highest proportion, followed by Manchester and Scotland.  It's probably somewhat lower in the rural areas down South.

👍

40 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Love London.  Loved San Francisco and Sydney as well, though regrettably it's years since I was in either.

On a separate note it's really weird how one fella can get completely the wrong end of the stick (bearing in mind that a blind person has a 50-50 chance of getting the right end), and how he can then derail the whole discussion by posting something which in and of itself is accurate, but which is utterly irrelevant to the thread and completely misses the point - and the loads of other people join in the irrelevant shouting match.  Isn't JKB great? :laugh:

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Your post mentioned 96%, you then caveated your London post with "some".

Edinburgh host to multiple festivals attracting visitors from all over the world is narrow minded?

Just you being you I suppose and I'm an idiot for biting.

Just another one who moves to the 'big city' then spends the rest of their time sneering at the poor wee Scots. 

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Same here. Love San Fransisco and can't stand London. Edinburgh is hard to beat though. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, LMc said:

Has anyone disputed that?

You said Edinburgh was one of the least diverse capitals in the world with wrong numbers and are now trying to make it out as some sort of competition.

We get it, you live in London. Well done. 

Ok name the  ethinically less diverse capitals in the world. I admit I have only checked the most obvious comparators. Ones like Oslo and Stockholm and Copenhagen . Apart from London. I am sure you can up with more but if you want a competition come up with a few less diverse capitals. Preferably ones remotely comparable to Edinburgh.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Love London.  Loved San Francisco and Sydney as well, though regrettably it's years since I was in either.

On a separate note it's really weird how one fella can get completely the wrong end of the stick (bearing in mind that a blind person has a 50-50 chance of getting the right end), and how he can then derail the whole discussion by posting something which in and of itself is accurate, but which is utterly irrelevant to the thread and completely misses the point - and the loads of other people join in the irrelevant shouting match.  Isn't JKB great? :laugh:

JKB would be boring otherwise 🤣

Probably been discussed before but I fail to see how someone triple jabbed or with the willingness and on the way to be should be living under same restrictions as people who have decided not to take vacine.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Barack said:

BBC News - Covid: All sports events in Wales go behind closed doors
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59729129

It begins...

Just heard that on LBC.

No doubt the SG will be making decisions in the next few days. 

I'm sure Spaffer would love to be able to make some kind of decisions but he's now got to run any public health decisions past Steve Baker and the 1922 committee 

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for reading and understanding my post.

That Edinburgh is more parochial than London is as controversial as saying that Des Moines is more parochial than New York.

Edinburgh has plenty of non Scots.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )