Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Dagger Is Back
47 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It seems that a Moray family that owns a local restaurant went back to India, attended a family wedding, returned to Moray, didn't self-isolate and the kids went straight back into school, subsequently attending a kids 6th form party in the area.

With not so hilarious consequences...

If true there may be a restaurant up for sale soon

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

It seems that a Moray family that owns a local restaurant went back to India, attended a family wedding, returned to Moray, didn't self-isolate and the kids went straight back into school, subsequently attending a kids 6th form party in the area.

I hope they all get suitably punished for flagrantly ignoring the rules.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

This just shows how easy it is for just one family/person to cause absolute chaos when they don't follow the rules.

Not only have they put people's lives at risk, they have also put the future of many businesses in Moray at risk as well, because many will not be able to open up like the rest of the country can, those few weeks that they are closed or reduced opening could be the difference to being able to survive or not.  As for their own business, I can't imagine the locals being best pleased with what has happened, and as someone else mentioned there could well be a restaurant up for sale soon.

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it was you that wanted to praise the U.K. government to the hilt for something the Pharmaceutical companies and the NHS have organised, all they did was buy them. 
Considering how poorly they acted and still to we should be thankful that they got one thing right I suppose, maybe we could give them a clap as they trundle off to jail for their criminal negligence

To have balance, the SG also admitted to royally ****ing things up too. So I guess the FM and Catherine Calderwood should get their affairs in order.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

The fish is asking us to staycation as opposed to foreign travel.

Level 1 and Level 0 on target. It seems that they hope more relaxations around the level 0.

It appears they are waiting till all jabbed up before restrictions fully end. 

Trying to find somewhere that isn't fully booked or have massively hiked their prices in which to staycate is proving tricky.

Still not had my blue envelope for first jag either.

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The prices to fly to Portugal at end of July, are incredibly reasonable 😀 I looked to go to London for a few days with the family the prices, even by London standard, are ****ing bonkers. 

Slightly surprised at that, hopefully it arrives soon. How they deal with your second jab might be interesting depending on your work schedule. 

me and the missus booked a hotel  near covent garden in London in August four nights half the usual price and return on the train Edinburgh-Kings Cross £140 total.

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It was the UK govt that appointed the right person with pharmaceutical and venture capital experience to assess, analyse, procure and purchase the vaccines. They backed the right horses and the entire UK is benefiting from that now. Efficiency and procurement are, to be fair, not the NHS strong suits but they, and of course, the Army did a fantastic job in creating the vaccine sites and rolling it out.

You're wasting your time bud. The UK is all bad.

All they did was buy the vaccines. FFS :rofl:

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

me and the missus booked a hotel  near covent garden in London in August four nights half the usual price and return on the train Edinburgh-Kings Cross £140 total.

That's brilliant.

Is that £140 for the train and 4 nights in a hotel?

I was looking to go with the wife and daughter in July. It was £198 for 3 nights in the Premier inn at Kings Cross and £169 return for the train.

I still thought that was fairly cheap compared to what I usually pay for London

frankblack
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's brilliant.

I was looking to go with the wife and daughter in July. It was £198 for 3 nights in the Premier inn at Kings Cross and £169 return for the train.

Kings Cross is a bit of a shithole at night.  Better going somewhere like Earls Court or Kensington, or Southwark (depending on where you are planning to spend time).

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, westbow said:

To have balance, the SG also admitted to royally ****ing things up too. So I guess the FM and Catherine Calderwood should get their affairs in order.

The consensus of opinion even down south is that Sturgeon did a far better job that BJ. As for Calderwood is what she did any worse than what Cummings did, the Royals, BJs dad, or any of the other blatant breaks of protocol? Any worse than giving friends and donors billions worth of contracts and not still not closing the borders to foreign variants?

Nucky Thompson
Just now, frankblack said:

Kings Cross is a bit of a shithole at night.  Better going somewhere like Earls Court or Kensington, or Southwark (depending on where you are planning to spend time).

It can be, but I like it as a base.

Just going to do the touristy things as the wife and daughter haven't been before.

frankblack
19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It can be, but I like it as a base.

Just going to do the touristy things as the wife and daughter haven't been before.

We stayed at the premier inn at Kings Cross and it was a bit dodgy at night.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The consensus of opinion even down south is that Sturgeon did a far better job that BJ. As for Calderwood is what she did any worse than what Cummings did, the Royals, BJs dad, or any of the other blatant breaks of protocol? Any worse than giving friends and donors billions worth of contracts and not still not closing the borders to foreign variants?

I think your judgement of opinion "down south" may be a wee bit biased. I have never heard that and while most people "down south" don't have an opinion those who are in contact with Scotland certainly don't think so. My sister of 64 who has Type 1 diabetes only got her second vaccination this week and incredibly had to travel from her home in central Edinburgh to Bathgate of all places to get it. I have never heard of anything as ridiculous as that "down south". 

The UK government has done a lot wrong but on what was probably the single most important decision it decided not to join the EU vaccine procurement scheme and has rolled out vaccination better than any country of a comparable size in the world.

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Going to London, wear a stab vest.

Statistically what are the odds of a visitor to London being stabbed?

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think your judgement of opinion "down south" may be a wee bit biased. I have never heard that and while most people "down south" don't have an opinion those who are in contact with Scotland certainly don't think so. My sister of 64 who has Type 1 diabetes only got her second vaccination this week and incredibly had to travel from her home in central Edinburgh to Bathgate of all places to get it. I have never heard of anything as ridiculous as that "down south". 

The UK government has done a lot wrong but on what was probably the single most important decision it decided not to join the EU vaccine procurement scheme and has rolled out vaccination better than any country of a comparable size in the world.

The single most important decision (or rather the same one twice) was the timing of lockdowns. That's what killed more people in England than most other large countries in the world. The vaccine purchase and early implementation was a very good decision, which undoubtedly paid off vis a vis other countries. But the damage of these earlier decisions was far worse in human terms (statistically) than the positive of the vaccines

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Statistically what are the odds of a visitor to London being stabbed?

Virtually none. Most of the violence is between local teenagers as far as I can make out.

Never felt any danger in 20 years down there, including at night in Brixton etc.

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe your sister should have phoned and had it changed. Pretty easy. My Son's original appointment wa EasterHouse. One phone call and it was moved to Johnstone. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Consensus of opinion 🤔. As if there is any such thing. She ****ed up royal. Even admitted it. She just did it first or in tandem. Exam fiasco, blended learning fiasco, being different for the sake of it, putting Aberdeen in a higher level than Glasgow for no discernible reason.

Hey, I’m no fan of Boris or his cronies but to big up the FM and her lot by comparison seems a bit of an empty boast. If he is judged to have made an arse of things then the same rules apply. Saying well he was a bit worse doesn’t cut it.

24 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The single most important decision (or rather the same one twice) was the timing of lockdowns. That's what killed more people in England than most other large countries in the world. The vaccine purchase and early implementation was a very good decision, which undoubtedly paid off vis a vis other countries. But the damage of these earlier decisions was far worse in human terms (statistically) than the positive of the vaccines

The most important decision was the vaccine procurement imo. Lockdowns were just a stalling mechanism. 

Without them (vaccines) we'd still be in the shit, living at home to protect people.

Edited by Taffin

JudyJudyJudy
21 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Why on earth were you out at night in Brixton?

:arry:

Why not ? 

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Gigs

Most notably this - worth a listen even now - one of the top ten performances I have seen live (makes me sad to think how impossible being at something like this seems just now)

https://archive.org/details/Radiohead_1995-11-04/1995-11-04+Brixton+Academy%2C+London%2C+England/rh1995-11-04-t02.flac

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, westbow said:

Consensus of opinion 🤔. As if there is any such thing. She ****ed up royal. Even admitted it. She just did it first or in tandem. Exam fiasco, blended learning fiasco, being different for the sake of it, putting Aberdeen in a higher level than Glasgow for no discernible reason.

Hey, I’m no fan of Boris or his cronies but to big up the FM and her lot by comparison seems a bit of an empty boast. If he is judged to have made an arse of things then the same rules apply. Saying well he was a bit worse doesn’t cut it.

I didn’t say he was a bit worse he’s a lot worse in every aspect, exams and blended learning didn’t cost thousands their lives I’m afraid. I’m no Sturgeon fan but anyone with any sense can see BJ is operating way above his capabilities and is basically a con man. 
https://www.thenational.scot/news/19002260.nicola-sturgeon-uk-leader-positive-rating-scotland-poll-shows/

Governor Tarkin
36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say he was a bit worse he’s a lot worse in every aspect, exams and blended learning didn’t cost thousands their lives I’m afraid. I’m no Sturgeon fan but anyone with any sense can see BJ is operating way above his capabilities and is basically a con man. 
https://www.thenational.scot/news/19002260.nicola-sturgeon-uk-leader-positive-rating-scotland-poll-shows/

Being the least smelly shite in the bog is hardly something to boast about.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe your sister should have phoned and had it changed. Pretty easy. My Son's original appointment wa EasterHouse. One phone call and it was moved to Johnstone. 

Maybe. But why on earth would anyone in the centre of the capital city be given an appointment in Bathgate.

And at least a month after she would have been vaccinated "down south".

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Brixton is a safe area with a lot of good entertainment venues and resturants. It should not be judged on several decades old images of riots.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

See when you watch buildings being flattened in Gaza . Does it remind you of Paisley ? 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Time will tell. Sweden did not lock down as early and nothing like to the same extent yet deaths per head have not been far out of line with many countries which did. Impact on the economy and non Covid related physical heath and mental health has been much less. Deaths and cases elsewhere continue in large numbers compared to the UK in countries with lower vaccination rates.

47 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Time will tell. Sweden did not lock down as early and nothing like to the same extent yet deaths per head have not been far out of line with many countries which did. Impact on the economy and non Covid related physical heath and mental health has been much less. Deaths and cases elsewhere continue in large numbers compared to the UK in countries with lower vaccination rates.

Not so sure about that re Sweden Francis...

39 minutes ago, Gards said:

Not so sure about that re Sweden Francis...

Come on, facts don't matter when you are having a go at the SG. 

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Also appears Sweden had longer lockdowns than their neighbours - which again questions the longer term impacts of their approach....

Byyy The Light

Just watched a programme called Hospital on iplayer. Brutal showed the impact the pandemic has had on the day to day running of general surgeries on the NHS.

Covered a guy being admitted with Covid and followed him and his family throughout until he passed away. Absolutely brutal, only 50. Just awful. 

Shanks said no

7-day per-100,000 cases            
Council Area Tier Today 9 May     8 May 7 May 6 May ... 1 May
Scotland 26 24 +2   23 22 21 ... 22
Moray 3 99 93 +6   97 98 98 ... 65
Glasgow City 3 62 53 +9   47 39 33 ... 33
Clackmannanshire 3 49 39 +10   33 37 25 ... 14
East Renfrewshire 3 37 28 +9   27 26 26 ... 24
Midlothian 3 37 29 +8   23 16 11 ... 10
North Lanarkshire 3 35 34 +1   33 33 30 ... 40
Fife 3 28 24 +4   22 22 24 ... 32
South Lanarkshire 3 28 22 +6   23 21 22 ... 18
East Ayrshire 3 27 30 -3   31 35 36 ... 45
Falkirk 3 26 27 -1   32 32 31 ... 23
North Ayrshire 3 24 26 -2   23 19 16 ... 17
West Lothian 3 23 23 0   25 26 25 ... 26
Aberdeen City 3 21 21 0   20 19 14 ... 13
Edinburgh City 3 20 20 0   20 22 24 ... 27
East Dunbartonshire 3 20 22 -2   25 31 37 ... 51
Renfrewshire 3 18 15 +3   13 13 11 ... 20
South Ayrshire 3 18 12 +6   12 11 8 ... 25
Dundee City 3 17 17 0   14 11 10 ... 13
Perth & Kinross 3 16 10 +6   11 9 9 ... 22
Stirling 3 16 12 +4   16 16 14 ... 11
Angus 3 13 15 -2   9 7 7 ... 7
West Dunbartonshire 3 13 12 +1   17 15 18 ... 28
Aberdeenshire 3 11 11 0   10 10 10 ... 8
Inverclyde 3 9 3 +6   1 6 6 ... 15
East Lothian 3 7 6 +1   5 5 4 ... 5
Highland 3 7 7 0   8 9 8 ... 9
Dumfries & Galloway 3 5 7 -2   6 10 13 ... 19
Scottish Borders 3 4 5 -1   5 3 5 ... 6
Argyll & Bute 3 0 1 -1   1 1 2 ... 7
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 0 0 0   0 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 0 0 0   0 0 0 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 0 0 0   0 0 0 ... 0

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe. But why on earth would anyone in the centre of the capital city be given an appointment in Bathgate.

And at least a month after she would have been vaccinated "down south".

The problems with Lothian have been

1. At least one too few large vaccination centres. 
2. A much larger number of clinically vulnerable people than was first realised

3. Constantly Changing vaccine brands due to supply issues and concerns, allergies etc where there isn’t enough capacity to handle changes

4. MIssing letters for 30,000 people in a week.

5. A severe lack of scenario planning (the what ifs) The only plan they had/have depended on things running like clockwork which was a ludicrous supposition

6. people falling through the cracks being very hard to get back into a system running at full but

limited capacity.

Edited by JimmyCant

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Very hard to make comparisons as there are a number of factors at play.

I think excess deaths will be looked back on as a good indicator. There are interesting time charts at the foot of this analysis

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Barack said:

Anyone popping over to Israel for their holidays? Hear it's lovely this time of year. The fires from the rocket strikes, really bring out the striking beauty of the architecture, when illuminated at night. 

Still. At least they've pretty much beaten Covid-19, I suppose.

It’s a trash nation committing daily genocide against a people . Horrific . 

Governor Tarkin
44 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Spent much time there have you, James?

Edited by Governor Tarkin

manaliveits105
10 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

7-day per-100,000 cases            
Council Area Tier Today 9 May     8 May 7 May 6 May ... 1 May
Scotland 26 24 +2   23 22 21 ... 22
Moray 3 99 93 +6   97 98 98 ... 65
Glasgow City 3 62 53 +9   47 39 33 ... 33
Clackmannanshire 3 49 39 +10   33 37 25 ... 14
East Renfrewshire 3 37 28 +9   27 26 26 ... 24
Midlothian 3 37 29 +8   23 16 11 ... 10
North Lanarkshire 3 35 34 +1   33 33 30 ... 40
Fife 3 28 24 +4   22 22 24 ... 32
South Lanarkshire 3 28 22 +6   23 21 22 ... 18
East Ayrshire 3 27 30 -3   31 35 36 ... 45
Falkirk 3 26 27 -1   32 32 31 ... 23
North Ayrshire 3 24 26 -2   23 19 16 ... 17
West Lothian 3 23 23 0   25 26 25 ... 26
Aberdeen City 3 21 21 0   20 19 14 ... 13
Edinburgh City 3 20 20 0   20 22 24 ... 27
East Dunbartonshire 3 20 22 -2   25 31 37 ... 51
Renfrewshire 3 18 15 +3   13 13 11 ... 20
South Ayrshire 3 18 12 +6   12 11 8 ... 25
Dundee City 3 17 17 0   14 11 10 ... 13
Perth & Kinross 3 16 10 +6   11 9 9 ... 22
Stirling 3 16 12 +4   16 16 14 ... 11
Angus 3 13 15 -2   9 7 7 ... 7
West Dunbartonshire 3 13 12 +1   17 15 18 ... 28
Aberdeenshire 3 11 11 0   10 10 10 ... 8
Inverclyde 3 9 3 +6   1 6 6 ... 15
East Lothian 3 7 6 +1   5 5 4 ... 5
Highland 3 7 7 0   8 9 8 ... 9
Dumfries & Galloway 3 5 7 -2   6 10 13 ... 19
Scottish Borders 3 4 5 -1   5 3 5 ... 6
Argyll & Bute 3 0 1 -1   1 1 2 ... 7
Na h-Eileanan Siar 3 0 0 0   0 0 0 ... 0
Orkney Islands 3 0 0 0   0 0 0 ... 0
Shetland Islands 3 0 0 0   0 0 0 ... 0

👍

Jeffros Furios
47 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

They are no more trash than dozens of other countries and they are not commiting genocide. 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Spent much time there have you, James?

That’s completely irrelevant . Anyway not getting into arguments about it. It’s far too serious an issue to make flippant comments about . I have a sense of humour bypass in regards to this subject . 

Fxxx the SPFL
17 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

That's brilliant.

St Giles Hotel, Bedford Ave is £170 for four nights through booking.dot.com it's probably jumped up since we booked and £140 for the train. We've used this Hotel a few times and that's the cheapest we have paid room only really central near the British Museum, Covent Garden, Soho and Oxford Street.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That’s completely irrelevant . Anyway not getting into arguments about it. It’s far too serious an issue to make flippant comments about . I have a sense of humour bypass in regards to this subject . 

I get the feeling that you wouldn't know relevance if it bit you on the arse.

If you think it's far too serious an issue to make flippant comments about, you maybe shouldn't have made a flippant comment about it.

Fxxx the SPFL
11 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Just watched a programme called Hospital on iplayer. Brutal showed the impact the pandemic has had on the day to day running of general surgeries on the NHS.

Covered a guy being admitted with Covid and followed him and his family throughout until he passed away. Absolutely brutal, only 50. Just awful. 

watched that as well pretty horrific and showed the impact it had on other serious illnesses glad the wee lassie got her hip sorted.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If you think it's far too serious an issue to make flippant comments about, you maybe shouldn't have made a flippant comment about it.

ACFB395D-61DE-4A17-9FED-6CBAE77F60F0.jpeg.be901b6d0109a796b8e7e212ca0f773b.jpeg

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:wattie: Someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning :yas:

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:wattie: Someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning :yas:

I’ve clearly hit a raw nerve ! Maybe I need to review my audience and read them better?  . I just have sympathy with an oppressed nation being systematically obliterated by another. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic