Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How lockdown are we talking though?

Full on stay in the house, police patrolling the streets, absolutely everything shut down lockdown?

Going by the general mood, not one **** under the age of 60 in my neighbourhood will be having any of that, I can assure you.

From what I just read, pretty tough till 2 Jan the slightly less shit thereafter. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I don’t think so, they won’t abandon the tiers system and the islands and highlands will stay in low tiers. 

Let's see how the cluster**** of the 5 day free for all pans out. 

I'm fully anticipating the full Anne Frank in January. 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How lockdown are we talking though?

Full on stay in the house, police patrolling the streets, absolutely everything shut down lockdown?

Going by the general mood, not one **** under the age of 60 in my neighbourhood will be having any of that, I can assure you.

By the sounds of O'Neill when she announced it, it sounded quite tough, although I wasn't really paying much attention.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm fully anticipating the full Anne Frank in January. 

A most agreeable turn of phrase. 👍

I thought the UK all had the same rules 23rd to 27th?

Edit: Just found the report, I see that's still in existence despite the lockdown 🥺

Edited by Taffin

Konrad von Carstein
4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

No point in splashing out on the expensive Champers for Sunday then.

My brother says chemo did the same to him. Saved him a fortune in beer, wine. and tasy grub. Happy shopper, boxes of cheap plonk, and own brand lager all the way. As a backhanded Brucie bonus he didn't need to worry about putting on weight either.

Dark, dark humour there GT - Love it.

Sincerely hope your bro is through the worst - my sister-in-law was declared cancer free today, Christmas got a bit better with that news...

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

You can guarantee that they will treat us very differently to how they would a Celtic fans gathering.

A @jonesy post I can endorse....it will/would be a baton charge the like of which hasn't been seen since Orgreave!

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

You can guarantee that they will treat us very differently to how they would a Celtic fans gathering.

Indeed.  The key difference would be the behaviour of the group.  They clearly chose to contain and arrest later with the baying mob of Sellik twats.  Manpower,  safety,  whatever.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You've got to get past Earlston first, JJ jnr lives in Earlston. :laugh:

will have the Hearts scarf hanging out the window hopefully he'll wave me through

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, jonesy said:

See KvC, there's more love than hate in the room when we get back to what really matters... loving Hearts and hating Celtic/the Weegie polis.

Amen, brother! :)

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

will have the Hearts scarf hanging out the window hopefully he'll wave me through

Indeed he will being a good jambo himself.

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

See KvC, there's more love than hate in the room when we get back to what really matters... loving Hearts and hating Celtic/the Weegie polis.

That's something we can all agree on. 👍

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Brian Dundas said:

Maybe, but it will still be within the tiers system. 

We'll see how that goes. 

We've already had a 70 odd day long 16 day firebreak on their watch.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

A complete lockdown in January would be a good way to finish off anyone who has been hanging by a thread, mental health wise, at a time of year which has a notoriously high suicide rate in normal years.

Anyone sticking two fingers up to it should be applauded every Thursday at 8pm. I'll bring the pots and pans.

I'll bring the tins of beer👍

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

If enough of us pitch up  it won't matter how many roads they block. If the Police treat it like they would a BLM gathering, they'll be skateboarding doing the road, twirling the scarves above their heads by the end of the night. Anyone know if Diggers will get special dispensation to open?

So @jonesy what if people lose their mental health and start to take out their issues on the blow hards who keep putting us in lock down. Maybe you should put the pots and pans somewhere they can't get their hands on. They may end up, up the covid cockwomblers arses.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If we all celebrate while on bended knee then they won't know what to do with themselves!

"Kneel down if you've won the Cup"

Konrad von Carstein
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Racist Hearts fans celebrate in George Floyd mocking shame while flouting Covid restrictions - There you go EEN, I've done Monday's headline for you already.

Scarily accurate imo 

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Racist Hearts fans celebrate in George Floyd mocking shame while flouting Covid restrictions - There you go EEN, I've done Monday's headline for you already.

Would probably get a mention from the Podium of Doom the next day too

3 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Dark, dark humour there GT - Love it.

Sincerely hope your bro is through the worst - my sister-in-law was declared cancer free today, Christmas got a bit better with that news...

Great news 

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

As long as the words Hearts fans celebrate cup win are in there, I couldn't care less if we all turned up in KKK hoods and held an Inca-style child sacrifice ceremony on Foundation Plaza while coughing all over each other.

I really glad I ignited that discussion about what may happen if Hearts win on Sunday re crowds at Tynecastle....it was so easy to anticipate the comments :) 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

As long as the words Hearts fans celebrate cup win are in there, I couldn't care less if we all turned up in KKK hoods and held an Inca-style child sacrifice ceremony on Foundation Plaza while coughing all over each other.

I'll bring the child.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Thanks to those amazing folks at the NHS and in the mediacal profession in general the laddie has pulled through and has used his brush with eternity to get himself into the best shape of his life KvC, thanks. Sounds like your sister in law has been in ths same good hands. Hopefully she can use the strength she's gained from her experience to make her world a better place too. Mines is already better for hearing of it, thanks.

We need more good news posts imo.

Doctor FinnBarr
33 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thanks to those amazing folks at the NHS and in the mediacal profession in general the laddie has pulled through and has used his brush with eternity to get himself into the best shape of his life KvC, thanks. Sounds like your sister in law has been in ths same good hands. Hopefully she can use the strength she's gained from her experience to make her world a better place too. Mines is already better for hearing of it, thanks.

We do Gov, what a feckin helter skelter year its been for me and many more, we're all needing a better first fit this NY.

13 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Dull yin, bud. That's a strange one though, what with penicillin being an antibiotic and all. Maybe something to do with the manufacturing process. 

Maybe seeing that that @doctor jambo has been vaccinated and now has a wifi signal in his underground Fritzl lab' he could come on and clear this one up.

It’s only if you have an anaphylactic reaction in your history ( epipen carriers) that you cannot get it. Allergy is fine, most are pretty mild

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

My six month internal examination by hmrc ie a compliance check ended with me owing them £0 . Guess that counts on a smaller level . Hope everyone has a great 2021. Best wishes to all on kickback, regardless of your views!

love Dr J, peace out guys, hope you are all well and have a fabulous Christmas xx

20 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

My six month internal examination by hmrc ie a compliance check ended with me owing them £0 . Guess that counts on a smaller level . Hope everyone has a great 2021. Best wishes to all on kickback, regardless of your views!

love Dr J, peace out guys, hope you are all well and have a fabulous Christmas xx

This post makes me uneasy about taking the vaccine. Sounds like it changes people. 

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, kila said:

This post makes me uneasy about taking the vaccine. Sounds like it changes people. 

I certainly wouldn’t take on board what someone posts on the internet regarding health concerns.

Could be a lot of cobblers.

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I certainly wouldn’t take on board what someone posts on the internet regarding health concerns.

Could be a lot of cobblers.

It was a joke because the doc’s posts have softened since he got his prick! :ninja:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, kila said:

This.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

My six month internal examination by hmrc ie a compliance check ended with me owing them £0 .

:pleasing:

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

6 months sounds a bit heavy handed by hmrc, is this standard practice by them?

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

6 months sounds a bit heavy handed by hmrc, is this standard practice by them?

Yep, pretty standard. 4000+ receipts full bank statements  for every account, written statements from all my employers.

nasty business.

fishing expedition

3 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

June-September 2021...can't see me getting it next year though

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

June-September 2021...can't see me getting it next year though

Hah, May to June for me. Only 6 months to wait. Bring it on. 

Malinga the Swinga

There is no requirement for a National lockdown in Scotland. The Highlands and Islands do not deserve or merit these restrictions. Neither do places in Borders, North Berwick and other areas where infections are miniscule. 

It is a sad day when governments are taking easiest cop out action if they use one size solution.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Pretty sure Adolfa Sturgeon controls HMRC with a tyrannical grip.

Bit of a stupid comment. No one said she did. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Yep, pretty standard. 4000+ receipts full bank statements  for every account, written statements from all my employers.

nasty business.

fishing expedition

On the positive side, proves your record keeping is up to scratch. Perhaps a pay increase to staff in order as reward. 

Nucky Thompson

Big queues at a drive through vaccine centre in Manchester this morning.

I don't think they'll have to worry about vaccine take up IMO

20 hours ago, westbow said:

To be fair, the only places open during lockdown were shops (essential ones) that came in all shapes and sizes. Numbers fell during that time. You were right before that you cannot tar all pubs with the same brush, I'd say the same for shops. In fact most smaller shops are struggling and would be happy with a bit of "managed" carnage.

Thats why I used these 2 as examples ....folk packed together at rails touching everything and a fair few not wearing masks.

Agree small indie shops deserve custom

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If enough of us pitch up  it won't matter how many roads they block. If the Police treat it like they would a BLM gathering, they'll be skateboarding doing the road, twirling the scarves above their heads by the end of the night. Anyone know if Diggers will get special dispensation to open?

Strangely enough I would be front and centre of our celebration, a BLM gathering and in Diggers 😱🤷🏾‍♂️😆
It will be open 12-2pm for takeaway on Sunday but no dispensation in case we win I’m afraid. 

38 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

Wife works in a care home in East Lothian, we stay in Midlothian, but she's to get her vaccine in Edinburgh City on Tuesday at 19:14pm 

Just warn her went to bed last night feeling fine. Woke at 2 am- arms hurts like hell.

all my colleagues are the same.

tell her to take pain relief before bed!!!!

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic