Boyce signs 3 1/2 year deal with Hearts - Official (title updated)

11 Craig Leveins

Bazzas right boot
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Would be Hearts all over if we sign Boyce and he doesnt score. We sign striker with pedigree and turn them to shit. 

Hopefully this is different 

We sign strikers then seem to play them the wrong way. 

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Notts1874

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Mulraney should never have been a Hearts player imo. Can't believe Levein gave him a new contract. Also can't believe someone would pay cash for him.

I agree. You could see the reason CL signed him, bags of pace and a raw talent. Showing his best in 1 game in every 12, with no sign of improving on that, meant he had to go. Can’t help feeling if he had got his head right he could’ve done well.

5 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Was Robbo our last actual prolific goalscorer.

Velicka was. Everyone seems to forget him though.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Was Robbo our last actual prolific goalscorer.

Lafftery.... As much as I didn't like him as a player (no first touch etc). You could argue zeefuik and sow did well albiet in lower league

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Velicka was. Everyone seems to forget him though.

Forgot about him. That boy rarely hit a shot that wasn't on target 🎯 

18 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

At least Mulraney has paid for the transfer. Best thing he ever did for us.

Yup. His biggest contribution was ****ing off :D 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

3 international strikers up front now, we better start to score.

We have strikers who can score, it’s the creating the chances for them to do so that seems to be the issue. A lot of people say Ikpeazu “couldn’t hit a barn door” but he rarely has a chance in the box, his shots are usually from outside the box and wide.

We need a lot more creativity and ability to create space, once we’re creating 10-15 chances a game then the strikers we have will score goals.

I'm excited by the signing of Boyce, but we need creativity in the middle of the park and out wide to provide him with the service. If we continue to struggle in that department, Boyce will be the next boo boy and labelled another dud. 

He's not a dud, he's prolific in front of goal, but we really need to find a way to create chances.

2 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Forgot about him. That boy rarely hit a shot that wasn't on target 🎯 

Always took his shots early and most of the time took defences and goalies by surprise. A class finisher and supremely underrated in my opinion.

Bazzas right boot

We have strikers who can score, it’s the creating the chances for them to do so that seems to be the issue. A lot of people say Ikpeazu “couldn’t hit a barn door” but he rarely has a chance in the box, his shots are usually from outside the box and wide.

We need a lot more creativity and ability to create space, once we’re creating 10-15 chances a game then the strikers we have will score goals.

Yeah. 

Actually why I fancy us a bit v Rangers, we'll get space and chances. 

Keeping them out the other end is the hard part tho. 

Bazzas right boot

Always took his shots early and most of the time took defences and goalies by surprise. A class finisher and supremely underrated in my opinion.

He was a good player. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Daza Notts and others 😁

How long is this countdown though? Getting a tad impatient.

:waiting:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

I'm excited by the signing of Boyce, but we need creativity in the middle of the park and out wide to provide him with the service. If we continue to struggle in that department, Boyce will be the next boo boy and labelled another dud. 

He's not a dud, he's prolific in front of goal, but we really need to find a way to create chances.

Hopefully Donis, Walker and even Naismith can help that. 

Clare and Hickey out wide as well. 

I agree tho, a bit short on creativity in the middle. 

Damour, Irvine, new guy, Haring all more of a holding type.

Jean Louis Valois
7 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

Lafftery.... As much as I didn't like him as a player (no first touch etc). You could argue zeefuik and sow did well albiet in lower league

The Laff wasnt really prolific 

21 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Hopefully registered in time to play the rangers tomorrow 

could always register him tomorrow...special circumstances...Haud oan, that only applies to Ra Sellic!

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah. 

Actually why I fancy us a bit v Rangers, we'll get space and chances. 

Keeping them out the other end is the hard part tho. 

Depends on how effective they are, on paper they should beat us but we’ll see. Souttar and Halkett are still forming their partnership, Clare will come back in but it’s a test for him defensively (done great against Celtic though). Will depend on the tackles in midfield I feel. Perhaps Sibbick will be thrown in for that alone.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Sorry lads he wanted to stop at Tebay on the way up. Got some nice cuts of beef and a couple of pies.

Don't blame him,  lovely shop, pricy mind 

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Just an indictment of where we have got to as club probs. Ultimately ..his form seems good, consistent and we have committed cash so im happy.

Hope he can handle the step up tho!!!

Fair enough.

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Cheeky shit made me pay.

Long pockets short arms huh?

Edited by Sir Gio

I'm also got told 6k a week for Boyce. Interestingly it was also mentioned that H1B5 tried to scupper the deal with their own bid and terms yesterday, not sure if accurate or not,@Bongo 1874 or @Daz did you hear similar about our neighbours? 

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hope you’re not applying the same ethos to Wighton and Mulraney 😩

Were they on 6grand a week like? 

pettigrewsstylist
13 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

👏

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, jaff98 said:

I'm also got told 6k a week for Boyce. Interestingly it was also mentioned that H1B5 tried to scupper the deal with their own bid and terms yesterday, not sure if accurate or not,@Bongo 1874 or @Daz did you hear similar about our neighbours? 

If scarf goes above head then those tears would be like nectar 😉

We simply need to get the ball into the box as quickly and as often as possible or he'll turn out to be another dud . 

That's what all the  rest of the clowns in our league do . This Fannying about with possession means nothing in our league , especially in the position we're in . 

Warched us  get poked in the eye all to often this season doing exactly that . 

Up and at em is the only way forward this season or we're going down imo 

4 minutes ago, jaff98 said:

There were many teams interested in Boyce mate, Daza back me up on this mate cheers 👍🇱🇻

Late bids did come in from Aberdeen and Hibs 1 unnamed league 1 team and a championship team, we pushed the boat out to get him. 

Wages can be very confusing mate for instance Boyce might be 5k a week, but bonuses for example for every appearance he makes he gets a 1k bonus, wouldn't surprise me if he gets a goal bonus as well 👍

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

There were many teams interested in Boyce mate, Daza back me up on this mate cheers 👍🇱🇻

Late bids did come in from Aberdeen and Hibs 1 unnamed league 1 team and a championship team, we pushed the boat out to get him. 

Wages can be very confusing mate for instance Boyce might be 5k a week, but bonuses for example for every appearance he makes he gets a 1k bonus, wouldn't surprise me if he gets a goal bonus as well 👍

Well done to you guys for keeping us updated.

👍

18 hours ago, Gary Locke said:

Still paranoid someone will swoop in with a last second offer 😂 will be at ease once announced 

Getting worse... where is he!! 😂

Hes missed the registration deadline,  and decided to change his mind, turned back to Burton.

🤥🤥😂

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Hes missed the registration deadline,  and decided to change his mind, turned back to Burton.

🤥🤥😂

Doubt it. He's locked in my boot.

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

Let’s get this over the line today and get him in the squad for tomorrow. With a goalscorer in the team we may actually have a chance.

It's over the line. Relax.

Tenaciousdandy
33 minutes ago, jaff98 said:

Some hobo's on hibs.net have mentioned 6k a week and 3 and a half year deal, as if they would know lol 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's over the line. Relax.

Notts has delivered the man safely,should have got a cheeky 5-1 pic with him

49 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We've got the second best record (behind Rangers) in the league of getting the ball into the box. It's not creating chances that's our problem it's taking them. Boyce will take those chances