1722548-3x2-340x227.jpg

Mmmmw...yes. I like that one.

This one too...

Image result for hartley penalty v Aberdeen 2006

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Mmmmw...yes. I like that one.

This one too...

Image result for hartley penalty v Aberdeen 2006

Just seems like yesterday. Great memories that all PHM will cherish.

1 hour ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

It wouldn't change our time with Romanov for all the tea in China.

He gave us some of the best football and players we may every see at Tynie.

The ending was grim, but we got through it.

HHGH

Ahem! 

How and why did we get through it ? 🤔 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

He treated those hibs tramps proper an all. None of this palsy walsy shit we have to put up with these days. 
🤮

Correct. Rivalry should be just that !

1 hour ago, eyesandears said:

Top top days. The day we beat Rangers for 8 in a row to equal the win record for the start of a season and the noise when Bednar scored that goal was the loudest I think i've ever heard Tynecastle. 

That day we battered  Rangers place was electric, I want that swagger and attitude back at Tynecastle. One thing vlad installed was zero respect to the old firm and when they  come to Tynecastle they are going to be in for a rough ride, as for the loudest goal my opinion is when the Hartley penalty vs Aberdeen to clinch champs league. Good times!! Still an utter lunatic though!

Edited by Scott980612

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Writing poetry. To himself.

An Ode To Vladimir.

An odd ode... (That's life reference)

I miss chanting "Vladimir Romanov, Vladimir Romanov, Vladimir Romanov, Vladimir Romanov"

If only.... that season was amazing. 8 games unbeaten. When Bednar scored the header early on against (now extinct) Rangers...

Nelly Terraces

"What I loved about Scotland was that it just wasn't football...it was war."

Sublime chat from the ex Gorgie Commander In Chief. This is the sort of ethos I want at Hearts. Not old Budgie cosying up to the vermin etc. 

12 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

That day we battered  Rangers place was electric, I want that swagger and attitude back at Tynecastle. One thing vlad installed was zero respect to the old firm and when they  come to Tynecastle they are going to be in for a rough ride, as for the loudest goal my opinion is when the Hartley penalty vs Aberdeen to clinch champs league. Good times!! Still an utter lunatic though!

I remember Rudi being interviewed before that Rangers game and saying to the excitable journalist something like "Yes, the Ranger, it us just our next game".

19 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

"What I loved about Scotland was that it just wasn't football...it was war."

Sublime chat from the ex Gorgie Commander In Chief. This is the sort of ethos I want at Hearts. Not old Budgie cosying up to the vermin etc. 

He;s a true warrior poet. Would welcome him back to Tynecastle at any time.

31 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

George Burley instilled that.

Romanov didn’t become manager until Rix was appointed - we had less swagger after that.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Lose 0-1 at home actually

Just have a wee look back to Vlad's time in charge and our record against them. He didn't even recognise them as rivals. Just the way it should be and not some of the knitting brigade we having making excuses for failure now.

Aye he was great , what a man, conned the fans out of shares,  spent the season ticket money , left the club in administration and with £3000 in the bank .

AYE WHAT A HERO.. 

He,s probably reading this forum to feed his ego so from me to you Vlad your a wee shite ! 

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Just have a wee look back to Vlad's time in charge and our record against them. He didn't even recognise them as rivals. Just the way it should be and not some of the knitting brigade we having making excuses for failure now.

I was at said Beniusis game at home - 0-1

I was also at our capitulation at Easter Road under McGlynn that ended our unbeaten run and the awful league cup Malofeev game at theirs 

All 3 of those are among the worst I have ever seen us play against Hibs 

But yes, largely due to our budget being around 4 times theirs when he was here we had a good record against them under him. 

But then apart from the 70s we always have.

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, eyes open said:

Aye he was great , what a man, conned the fans out of shares,  spent the season ticket money , left the club in administration and with £3000 in the bank .

AYE WHAT A HERO.. 

He,s probably reading this forum to feed his ego so from me to you Vlad your a wee shite ! 

Hours away from full liquidation and NOT being allowed to do a Rangers.

Just now, eyes open said:

AYE WHAT A HERO.. 

th?id=OIP.k8_BtWLepXZ1ds6F7X9lHQHaE2&pid=Api&P=0&w=256&h=169

SectionDJambo

What an opportunity missed by him. For the money, whether his or not, we should have won far more than we did. He gave us Rudi Skacel and a host of other fantastic players, but also gave us a load of dross. 

A real roller coaster ride, with decisions bordering on lunacy, resulting in kids having to empty piggy banks to keep us alive. For all the domination and humiliation of Hibs, he almost gave them their ultimate wet dream, when he left us to clear up the mess. 

The best of times and the worst of times.

The man, definitely, lives in a Walter Mitty world of his own. 

11 Craig Leveins

A miss the random squad selections 😂 a mind being at ibrox zaulikas was dropped and kello was dropped for balogh miss the not knowing who was playing always entertaining anyway vlad and skacel have 2 🏆🏆

12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

George Burley instilled that.

Romanov didn’t become manager until Rix was appointed - we had less swagger after that.

I think that mentality comes from the top down, Romanov mouthing off rightly or wrongly in the papers upset the old firm and got under their skin a bit, and I think players fed off that. On New Year’s Day burley wasn’t the manager and in the end we got beat 3-2 by Celtic , but still had a swagger ( for the first Half anyway) and to have a go at the old firm. If only we had won that day, what might have been!

Edited by Scott980612

7 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

I think that mentality comes from the top down, Romanov mouthing off rightly or wrongly in the papers upset the old firm and got under their skin a bit, and I think players fed off that. On New Year’s Day burley wasn’t the manager and in the end we got beat 3-2 by Celtic , but still had a swagger ( for the first Half anyway) and to have a go at the old firm. If only we had won that day, what might have been!

And one of the most corrupt displays of officiating that day when Takis was sent off and one of Celtic's players stayed on the park for an almost identical tackle. That's when I did realise for sure that we would never be allowed to win a title by the GFA

6 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

And one of the most corrupt displays of officiating that day when Takis was sent off and one of Celtic's players stayed on the park for an almost identical tackle. That's when I did realise for sure that we would never be allowed to win a title by the GFA

Absolutely this.
Ian Brines was the ref that day. Criminal refereeing.

1 hour ago, Australis...... said:

Doing an interview on his own personnel submarine.

The man will always be a legend.

Best use of a Sub this season....

:)

Did he not have a swally from the Buckfast after the Cup final......

Hard not to like the eccentricity of the man.....

3 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Absolutely this.
Ian Brines was the ref that day. Criminal refereeing.

And then again in 2009 when he sent off Zal at Pittodrie for an offence by the Aberdeen player on Zal. They even had to change their rules after that as Brines was making it ridiculously obvious what was going on amongst officials to promote their own team's  "interests".

Nucky Thompson

Loved watching Hearts when Mr Romanov was boss, not like now when I'm totally scunnered.

Budge and her golden boy have fecked us as a football club. Good community vibe, decent hospitality and cosy with our neighbours though:vangry:

SpruceBringsteen

"But he nearly"

"But he almost"

But he didn't. 

Best owner in HMFC history, no matter how much it hurts the pwecious feewings of joyless fun vacuums who probably get their kicks from reading the obituaries in the evening news.

:greggy:

Different Class
3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Genuinely don’t think I’d be into football if it wasn’t for Vlad, I was 10 when he arrived and up to that point I enjoyed going to the games for the hot dogs and I liked FIFA and collecting sticker books and such. But 2005 was really a magical time to be a Jambo especially as a kid

some absolutely fantastic and exciting players from all different countries with massive personalities and an owner who mirrored the supports disdain for every non Hearts part of Scottish football, it really felt like it was us against the world and it was class. 

He made some rash and strange choices as time went on but tbh even those parts kept everyone engaged, right up to the last couple of years when the money dried up and everyone pulled together. 

The Budge era started perfectly the first couple years, but it’s really tailed off into some turgid, vanilla experiences. I really really hope Stendel can bring that excitement and siege mentality back because for me (and I suspect a lot of people in their twenties) it’s the main reason I got the Hearts bug 

:clap: 

52 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

And then again in 2009 when he sent off Zal at Pittodrie for an offence by the Aberdeen player on Zal. They even had to change their rules after that as Brines was making it ridiculously obvious what was going on amongst officials to promote their own team's  "interests".

Pinilla also got sent off there for celebrating a goal with a rocking there baby gesture towards the Hearts fans. 

Wouldn't life be tedious if it wasn't for the Vlads,  the Gascoignes,  the Oliver Reeds, the Bests.

I'd almost go as far as the Trumps, but he is the wrong kind of narcissist.  An ugly  racist one.

5 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Pinilla also got sent off there for celebrating a goal with a rocking there baby gesture towards the Hearts fans. 

ooft forgot all about Pinilla despite him being one of the best but short-lived strikers to wear maroon. What a goal that was up at Pittodrie

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

ooft forgot all about Pinilla despite him being one of the best but short-lived strikers to wear maroon. What a goal that was up at Pittodrie

A brilliant goal.   From a brilliant player, who unfortunately had his own issues. 

Jack Torrance

What a ride it was

Nearly killed us but the memories....

On a side note, who remembers Hartley's return after signing for the sheep; coming to the shed end to take a corner.