Squad Cull

His name is

4 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Berra and Whelan confirmed. Wighton, Mulraney, Uche, Maclean and Damour have been told to find new clubs. Cochrane and MacDonald to feature in the first team this second half of the season.

Anything on incomings?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• MarkDevriesScores4

• JamboAl

• Alex Kintner

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I recall her saying ‘he’d have to move some out too’ rather than ‘first’ but I could be wrong. 

Whelan’s gone. 

Okay, could be small, but important difference. Doing from memory, you may be more accurate than I 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Berra and Whelan confirmed. Wighton, Mulraney, Uche, Maclean and Damour have been told to find new clubs. Cochrane and MacDonald to feature in the first team this second half of the season.

So we're left with just two experienced strikers, both returning from injury? I'd be surprised if Wighton and Uche don't get more time. And Damour has played better under Stendel than Levein.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So we're left with just two experienced strikers, both returning from injury? I'd be surprised if Wighton and Uche don't get more time. And Damour has played better under Stendel than Levein.

Bit surprised about Uche tbh. 

Thought Stendel might have been able to get more out of him with more coaching etc. 

Nelly Terraces

Landfill like Mulraney, MacLean,  Walker & Wighton - I'd love someone just to pay this dross money to sod off. Not 1 of them will ever play SPL level again after leaving us.

29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Anything on incomings?

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When Levein and Macphee were in charge I'd here about what they were looking to do with the squad and potential signings/ negotiations. Also a number of the coaches were openly discussing our transfer dealings which obviously was a problem. Under StendeI I hear zip all about who is signing or who he is after. The players I've mentioned who are leaving - apparently common knowledge now as they have already contacted agents/ other clubs. 

Stendel keeps everything under wraps and only a handful of people he trusts deal with the signings. The players don't even know whats happening. You'll only hear about new players once you see the photo of them with the Hearts scarf above their head. Thats a good thing.

Edited by Gorillajam

Wighton, Bobby and Maclean definitely. If Berra has to go then fine. Mulraney, Lee hopefully get some money

Revaluate Damour, White, Morrison, Keena, Diki in the summer. Get rid of Doyle in Summer. Probably Boz as well. 

I’ll give Uche, Walker and Brandon another season. 

48 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Interesting no goalkeepers in this list, I wonder what the story is there !!

Leveins Battalion

I live for the day that the tweet arises stating that both Shighton and Mulraney will never wear the Hearts Jersey again 🙌

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Just heard that Uche is about to be charged with impersonating a football player.

There are some on here that should be charged with impersonating a hearts fan lol

23 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

There are some on here that should be charged with impersonating a hearts fan lol

Touché 👍

59 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

PMSL, can;t disagree with that.

10 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Wee Billy Davies was right.

Michael Stewart and Gary Mackay also 

Levein is a total joke and the fact he still gets a wage makes me angry. If you or I performed like him we would be binned with 3 months pay maximum. 
The man has destroyed us 

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I find it truly staggering how Levein and Mcphee thought these players would bring value to the team.

Scary what’s happened under these idiots 

I read all the various threads about where we're at right now. We have folks who were clamouring for Levein's head now sceptical that Stendel is the man. He starts to change a bottom of the table squad that most folks have been complaining about for a year or so and... now there's doubts. "Time will tell" seems to be the phrase. 100% this is the way forward- we have wasted so much money on crap, talent or attitude, and now time for Stendel to do what needs done and most have been saying for months. Only doubt from me is if her can get the results quickly enough to keep us up. Let's hope so.

14 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Yeah it’s crazy really 

Tell me one top player that doesn’t have a good workrate  

Christian Nade blowing wind in Zagreb even before the kick-off.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Pirlo wasn’t a lazy player the other wasn’t a top player 

Berbatov wasn't a top player? :rofl: Pirlo whilst not lazy was very economical with his energy.

5 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Scary what’s happened under these idiots 

I am convinced that if not for the eventual united fan backlash we would still be plodding along under them and they would still be allowed to happen. I am at a loss how they continued to get a vote of confidence. 

Anyway, I am still very angry and it is still raw but spilt milk and all that. We are slowly but surely filling the outside skip. Another new dawn in the Budge era and we simply must dust ourselves down and try again.

As long as Budge realises her mistakes and overwhelming lack of focus on where it truly mattered we have a chance. No more 'football side of the business'. Football IS OUR BUSINESS.

FTH

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Berbatov wasn't a top player? :rofl: Pirlo whilst not lazy was very economical with his energy.

Pirlo played with his head up - all the time. He treated football like chess. That is not the same as being lazy.  I think he'd either be a brilliant or terrible manager depending on whether he can get ideas across...

I struggle to believe that with all these guys being put on notice (accepting that not all are club confirmed) there won't  be new faces pretty soon. It would be pretty mad to run the risk of not enough players in March due to departures and those on notice to leave.

I am optimistic players will appear and we don't need to be too concerned about Aberdeen Hoovering up many of those we might have thought good candidates. 

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wighton? Stand by to be surprised.

1 hour ago, schillaci said:

I struggle to believe that with all these guys being put on notice (accepting that not all are club confirmed) there won't  be new faces pretty soon. It would be pretty mad to run the risk of not enough players in March due to departures and those on notice to leave.

I am optimistic players will appear and we don't need to be too concerned about Aberdeen Hoovering up many of those we might have thought good candidates. 

Got a feeling he’s stripping the squad to put more faith in the young players and top up with 2 or 3 decent signings.  

He’s evidently looking to add more hunger, energy and pace into the team. A bit more fearlessness.  

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Got a feeling he’s stripping the squad to put more faith in the young players and top up with 2 or 3 decent signings.  

He’s evidently looking to add more hunger, energy and pace into the team. A bit more fearlessness.  

He's doing the right thing,we need more pace in the team,Cochrane and Mcdonald will get a chance to prove themselves,they deserve a chance,hopefully

he can get more out those players than the last manager.Will be interesting to see who his new signings will be.

On 07/01/2020 at 10:08, sam? said:

personal just don't think he can cut it, had a load of chances now.

only six month on contract left, I'd be surprised if he's done enough to earn a new one.

FWIW I agree.

4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He's doing the right thing,we need more pace in the team,Cochrane and Mcdonald will get a chance to prove themselves,they deserve a chance,hopefully

he can get more out those players than the last manager.Will be interesting to see who his new signings will be.

Cochrane is similar to Iving in that he does not have great pace but he is a trier and can see a pass.

2 hours ago, schillaci said:

If you look at the team that drew with Aberdeen the majority of them will still be here if the predictions about who stays and goes is correct.

Add to that the possible return of Haring, Naismith and Souttar along with all the recalled loan players and we still have a decent sized squad.

I agree we still need a few new faces but three maybe four would be enough.

10 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Pirlo wasn’t a lazy player the other wasn’t a top player 

Ibrahamovic. I watched him at the San Siro barely break into a fast walk and he was the best player on the pitch by miles. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Cochrane is similar to Iving in that he does not have great pace but he is a trier and can see a pass.

I’m not claiming the lad is better than he was two years ago or if he’s stagnated or whatever, but looking at bits of his better play you can see pace isn’t always the answer. 

His two jinking runs v Hibs always stick out in my memory.  He has desire to run with the ball and make something happen at the right end of the park. 

Yes, we need pace in different areas of the pitch but we’ve lacked quality and desire in doing the things that matter.  That means more to me in our quest to improve. 

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not claiming the lad is better than he was two years ago or if he’s stagnated or whatever, but looking at bits of his better play you can see pace isn’t always the answer. 

His two jinking runs v Hibs always stick out in my memory.  He has desire to run with the ball and make something happen at the right end of the park. 

Yes, we need pace in different areas of the pitch but we’ve lacked quality and desire in doing the things that matter.  That means more to me in our quest to improve. 

I think we need more players with pace in midfield. I was impressed with Irving against Aberdeen and his skill bought him that bit more time and space which made up for his slight lack of pace and I think Cocahrane is very similar.

The problem I think is when we don't have the ball and Stendel's desire to hunt the ball and win it back requires not only pace but stamina and I'm not sure Cochrane has that just yet but I am sure Stendel will soon find out.

12 hours ago, Pagey said:

I read all the various threads about where we're at right now. We have folks who were clamouring for Levein's head now sceptical that Stendel is the man. He starts to change a bottom of the table squad that most folks have been complaining about for a year or so and... now there's doubts. "Time will tell" seems to be the phrase. 100% this is the way forward- we have wasted so much money on crap, talent or attitude, and now time for Stendel to do what needs done and most have been saying for months. Only doubt from me is if her can get the results quickly enough to keep us up. Let's hope so.

In fairness I’ve only seen that phrase used by one particular poster. Problem is that poster has posted the same shite opinion so many times - on numerous different threads - that it appears there are more people than there actually saying it. 

There are undoubtedly still a few Levein apologists. Their opinion on Stendel is predictable. Regardless of how Stendel does the Levein legacy will always be remembered for what it was, a fecking shambles, no matter how some people try to twist it.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

JKB and it's Hobbit/trouble making posters at their best.

"LEVEIN OUT HE RUINED THE CLUB"

"MACPHEE OUT, HE'S BEEN PART OF 2 FAILED MANAGERS"

"BERRA, YOU ARE HOPELESS AND COSTING GAMES - YES! HE'S BEEN DROPPED"

"THE PLAYERS ARE P1SH, GET THEM ALL TO ****, NONE OF THEM WANT TO PLAY FOR HEARTS"

"THE SQUAD IS FAR TOO BIG AND NEEDS CULLED WITH MORE QUALITY ADDED"

(Hibs get pumped off Livi and this place dies a death for 2 weeks)

"AWWW POOR BERRA, THAT'S NO WAY TO TREAT A MAN"

"WHELEN DESERVED TO BE TOLD IN A MORE PROFESSIONAL MANNER"

"WE BETTER BE FILLING THESE PLACES WITH PLAYERS OF AT LEAST EQUAL QUALITY"

DANIEL STENDEL IS MAKING ALL THE RIGHT MOVES AND MANY ON HERE CANNOT COPE WITH THAT (Yes I'm shouting!)

12 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

JKB and it's Hobbit/trouble making posters at their best.

"LEVEIN OUT HE RUINED THE CLUB"

"MACPHEE OUT, HE'S BEEN PART OF 2 FAILED MANAGERS"

"BERRA, YOU ARE HOPELESS AND COSTING GAMES - YES! HE'S BEEN DROPPED"

"THE PLAYERS ARE P1SH, GET THEM ALL TO ****, NONE OF THEM WANT TO PLAY FOR HEARTS"

"THE SQUAD IS FAR TOO BIG AND NEEDS CULLED WITH MORE QUALITY ADDED"

(Hibs get pumped off Livi and this place dies a death for 2 weeks)

"AWWW POOR BERRA, THAT'S NO WAY TO TREAT A MAN"

"WHELEN DESERVED TO BE TOLD IN A MORE PROFESSIONAL MANNER"

"WE BETTER BE FILLING THESE PLACES WITH PLAYERS OF AT LEAST EQUAL QUALITY"

DANIEL STENDEL IS MAKING ALL THE RIGHT MOVES AND MANY ON HERE CANNOT COPE WITH THAT (Yes I'm shouting!)

Lol

You are 100% correct 

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It depends what you refer to as great pace, he certainly has more than he was allowed to use under the Levein  regime.

Bridge of Djoum
9 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Pirlo played with his head up - all the time. He treated football like chess. That is not the same as being lazy.  I think he'd either be a brilliant or terrible manager depending on whether he can get ideas across...

His thoughts on conditioning training, (masturbation for coaches) would suggest he'd be a less than enthusiastic manager/coach.

Just now, H2 said:

It depends what you refer to as great pace, he certainly has more than he was allowed to use under the Levein  regime.

I'm thinking of times when he has lunged at players because he doesn't have the pace to catch them. Think of the game a Easter Rd where he was lucky not to be sent off.

You are correct of course about the restricitons in the way he would have been asked to play with the exception of the Celtic 4-0 game

Part of me wants to see Berra stay, train hard and get back to where he was pre-injury. Odds of that are slim though and he's probably on a very decent contract for us. 

Think its a pretty ballsy move by DS binning two of the guys who you would probably say are the leaders. Just leaves Naismith of that same level. 

indianajones
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

Part of me wants to see Berra stay, train hard and get back to where he was pre-injury. Odds of that are slim though and he's probably on a very decent contract for us. 

Think its a pretty ballsy move by DS binning two of the guys who you would probably say are the leaders. Just leaves Naismith of that same level. 

Massive balls on Stendel. Love it. We've lacked this for YEARS!

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I kinda got midway through that and forgot the rest of it. 

Meant to add that when leadership fails it makes sense to clear the decks of that leadership and bring in folk that can actually deliver results and lead the team in a winning way. 

Although its sad to see with Berra, its hard to have much sympathy when we've all watched the last 12 months.. 2 home wins in 2019 or something daft. Ridiculous. 

44 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Great to see a firm hand at the helm. All loanees back to be assessed then kept on/ binned. Lee hasn’t been called back so you can add him to Berra, Whelan and Wighton. Should imagine we’ll see a good few more out in the summer.

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Great to see a firm hand at the helm. All loanees back to be assessed then kept on/ binned. Lee hasn’t been called back so you can add him to Berra, Whelan and Wighton. Should imagine we’ll see a good few more out in the summer.

Lee's loan runs until 27th jan. 

Haringshairband
14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Had it confirmed today that Uche been told he isn’t required, as has Keena.

Well definitely need forward players then.

Hot since 86
4 minutes ago, Ross-l said:

So that's Berra, whelan, uche, wighton, mulraney and keena all told that they are no longer required? Did I miss anyone?

I know the number is bigger than that but not the other players - defo more than 10

Holyrood_Hearts
19 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Personally I’d be moving on Maclean or Keena ahead of Uche. 

1 minute ago, Hot since 86 said:

I know the number is bigger than that but not the other players - defo more than 10

More than 10 have been told they can go ?

If so we will need to bring in more than 4 !!

23 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Great stuff. Move the whole lot on and then bring in players who can actually score, pass and beat opponents.