Squad Cull

His name is

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

How do you know Mulraney is on a good contract? What sort of money is he on?

I dont believe for one minute mulraney is on that big a wage. Given where he came from and that he was a speculative punt he aint one of our top earners.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• MarkDevriesScores4

• JamboAl

• Alex Kintner

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I dont believe for one minute mulraney is on that big a wage. Given where he came from and that he was a speculative punt he aint one of our top earners.

I'd guess he'd be on about £1,500 pw. That's about £1,400 too much. 

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'd guess he'd be on about £1,500 pw. That's about £1,400 too much. 

No idea what most are on but he isnt breaking our bank.

Forever Hearts
43 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No idea what most are on but he isnt breaking our bank.

Neither have I, it was a guess. And I could be miles out. 

2 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Imagine wasting £250k on Craig Wighton. Been scratching my head about this since it happened. One of the weirdest signings in Levein’s time. Insanity.

£250k could have got us a pitch like Motherwells’. (Joking before anyone pipes up).

Apart from media speculation have you any evidence we paid £250k for him?

Did Hamilton's fee reduce the amount we paid?

MarkDevriesScores4
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Apart from media speculation have you any evidence we paid £250k for him?

Did Hamilton's fee reduce the amount we paid?

Multiple media reports give this value and seeing as the club wouldn’t say anything about how much was spent, the media outlets are the only insight we have to base things on.

if we paid £50k for him, that would have been £50k too much in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Multiple media reports give this value and seeing as the club wouldn’t say anything about how much was spent, the media outlets are the only insight we have to base things on.

Maybe the club should tell you everything that goes on and that would satisfy your curiosity.

Did Hamilton's fee reduce the £50k, if we paid that?

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Maybe the club should tell you everything that goes on and that would satisfy your curiosity.

Did Hamilton's fee reduce the £50k, if we paid that?

Ok. If the club don’t won’t to tell the fans that fund the club how much they pay for players then that is fine. Fans will take their information from the media instead. It’s not rocket science.

I have no idea regarding Hamilton.

Maybe you can tell us how much we paid for Wighton? 

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Ok. If the club don’t won’t to tell the fans that fund the club how much they pay for players then that is fine. Fans will take their information from the media instead. It’s not rocket science.

I have no idea regarding Hamilton.

Maybe you can tell us how much we paid for Wighton? 

You were right with the highlighted part.

I can't tell how much we paid because I don't know and it's not causing me concern.  If I felt strongly about I would attend the AGM and ask AB.  Why didn't you do that?

I have read various figures from around £100k to the extremely unlikely figure of £250k but like many bad transfers at many clubs the deed is done and it's too late now.

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You were right with the highlighted part.

I can't tell how much we paid because I don't know and it's not causing me concern.  If I felt strongly about I would attend the AGM and ask AB.  Why didn't you do that?

I have read various figures from around £100k to the extremely unlikely figure of £250k but like many bad transfers at many clubs the deed is done and it's too late now.

A wee bit aggressive. So what you’re saying is that you don’t know that it wasn’t the amount quoted by most media outlets? So why are you arguing? Had a bad day?

28 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Proof , or more shite ? 

A wee bit aggressive. So what you’re saying is that you don’t know that it wasn’t the amount quoted by most media outlets? So why are you arguing? Had a bad day?

I'm saying that whatever it was I am not all that concerned and can't understand why you are - unless to make a negative point.

MarkDevriesScores4

If you’re not concerned about reportedly quarter of a million being pissed up a wall then fair play. 

Even if it was significantly less than that, it’s still far too much money for a striker that couldn’t score for his previous club.

Whats done is done but my sole point is that it was a bizarre signing. I’ll agree to disagree however.

28 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If you’re not concerned about reportedly quarter of a million being pissed up a wall then fair play. 

Even if it was significantly less than that, it’s still far too much money for a striker that couldn’t score for his previous club.

Whats done is done but my sole point is that it was a bizarre signing. I’ll agree to disagree however.

I do agree the transfer has not worked out and WITH HINDSIGHT the money might have been put to better use but there's nothing we can do about it now.  Moaning and groaning won't recover the fee.

These things happen in football.  Were you around when we signed Petric for £500k, Beslija for £850k and even Fitzroy Simpson for £100k?  Conversely we signed a Rangers reserve for £400k which I thought was OTT at the time and that turned out to be money well spent.

MarkDevriesScores4

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I do agree the transfer has not worked out and WITH HINDSIGHT the money might have been put to better use but there's nothing we can do about it now.  Moaning and groaning won't recover the fee.

These things happen in football.  Were you around when we signed Petric for £500k, Beslija for £850k and even Fitzroy Simpson for £100k?  Conversely we signed a Rangers reserve for £400k which I thought was OTT at the time and that turned out to be money well spent.

I remember them well 😂 Besliga especially. 

I wasn’t honestly moaning about wighton. I was trying to explain to someone why Dundee have said that he is out of scope financially and it is because we paid far too much for him and will

want some form of compensation or to

pay off the last of his contract. A problem of our own making. Simple as that. But listen, the guy that made that decision is no longer in charge and I trust fewer mistakes will be made going forward. 🤞🏽

I remember them well 😂 Besliga especially. 

I wasn’t honestly moaning about wighton. I was trying to explain to someone why Dundee have said that he is out of scope financially and it is because we paid far too much for him and will

want some form of compensation or to

pay off the last of his contract. A problem of our own making. Simple as that. But listen, the guy that made that decision is no longer in charge and I trust fewer mistakes will be made going forward. 🤞🏽

You're still missing a point.

You don't  know if a player will be a mistake until AFTER he plays for us

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Exactly we're a club that has always and hopefully always will go after young players around Wighton's age with limited experience when we sign them, often for a (relatively) small fee. Neil Berry, Kenny Black, Mike Galloway, Andy Kirk, Levein, Webster, Temps, Souttar are all examples of signings around the 19/20 or younger - 21/22 age range. Most with only 50-100 games at best, usually at a lower level. Some work like those ones and others don't. We can't afford to sign time-served professionals all the time.

Often when we do try to sign more experienced players for a fee, thinking Davie Kirkwood, Brian Hamilton, Ian Ferguson, Petric, for example, they are much more expensive failures than someone like Wighton who looked worth a punt when you compare his experience with others we've signed in the past.

Edited by ToqueJambo

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think , maybe , he does 

17 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

At least one of those has 18 months left so not sure how reliable your data source is. 

I got it from a Scottish football blogger on twitter, he has a list of all players that are out of contract at the end of the season for all players in the premiership. Happy to stand corrected on those that have longer contracts. 

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Garbage. The world and its aunty knew that Conor Sammon would be a complete flop. And he was.