Squad Cull

His name is

19 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's weird, I'm getting as excited about players leaving as I usually do about players signing.

This 👍

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• MarkDevriesScores4

• JamboAl

• Alex Kintner

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup ha I know. No idea however how mixed race people are always referred to as black. Very strange.

Not always. Ryan Giggs, Nicole Richie, Meghan Markle, The Rock. Don't really ever hear them referred to as black. 

It's good that so many are being shown the door but we have to be a wee bit careful. I would still be keeping Uche for now. He has the physique to play against the likes of the Aberdeens with the big players they have. What he really needs is a goalscorer alongside him to feed off the scraps he creates. Too often he's left to so it all on his own up there with no-one nearby helping him. Can only do so much. Mulraney should be away soon enough, Whelan already is, Berra can't be shocked at being dropped but he still deserves to be treated with a bit more respect. Okay, let him go and find a new club, no problem but, a bit of respect to a senior player isn't too much to ask. I believe White has no future and could be away very soon. Trouble with him is his injury history, who would want to take that chance unless they know him? So, so far the players that look like they are ready to give their all are Clare, Bozanic (both I would never've thought that of) Dikamona is now getting a chance and Smith is, well...just Smith, Mr Dependable. Think i'd prefer Halkett as a defensive midfielder, likes to get forward and link with midfield, would be able to do so with two solid centre-halves behind him as well as get back to cover them if they're out of position. Jimmy Dunne is available please. Washington being back could well be a positive option but another striker or two need brought in. If one of them is Lafferty then i'll go with that. Boyce as well. Keena and Morrison I don't think will cut it. McLean will stay but leave in the summer. Don't think Olly Lee is coming back, still playing for Gillingham at the weekend there. Naismith and Souttar hopefully to come in sooner rather than later, don't know what's going on with Haring. New goalie please! We can afford to get rid of two of them right now with Silva as back-up, can't be any worse than Pereira, Zlamal or Doyle. Walker....don't know what to make of him. Plenty positives so far with Stendel.

56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yup ha I know. No idea however how mixed race people are always referred to as black. Very strange.

Mixed race is the correct term for...mixed race folk.

Might be a daft question but January not the best time to pick up players. Queue of people leaving. Not one firm signing yet. Are we sure we can get a coherent team on the pitch to hit the ground running and avoid relegation?  
I agree wholesale change needed but not sure I wouldn’t have got 3 or 4 to strengthen, try and improve some of existing (eg Clare has improved), see if young loanees can get to contribute a bit and reassess at Summer. 
It took a few games when he first arrived for players to understand what he wants and meantime we dropped valuable points. Will this happen again?  
Bottom line is we need three people to chip in 10 goals each by end of Season and we should make it. Lafferty possible. Naismith as a fallback due to his injuries. None of Walker, Meshino, Washington, Uche look like getting close to that. If we bin Walker, Mulraney, Clare, Meshino, we need to replace them to get the ball in the box and buy players to put the call away. Can we do all that in January?  

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

As someone wrote a few weeks back. MacLean couldn't hit water if he fell out of a Titanic life raft.

I didn't write that.

2 hours ago, Coco said:

Director of Football model gone.  Coaching staff gone.  Squad cull begun.  Hopefully the underperforming £4m youth setup will be targeted in time.

Everything Levein touched was a mess despite being given the most favourable conditions imaginable - looking forward to a brighter future.

Wee Billy Davies was right.

59 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

McLean has been told he can go, as well as Uche and Wighton too. 

we couldn't be that lucky could we ?

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Agree with all except Brandon. He’s actually played very well when called upon recently. I think he’ll stay to battle with Clare for the RB position.

I also agree; I’ve been critical of him however he was good in the games he played before getting injured. I think he may suit Stendels style of play as he has pace and aggression 

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It was just a pity that Billy Davies is unemployable because of his baggage because a lot of what he said was true.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Sid said:

Might be a daft question but January not the best time to pick up players. Queue of people leaving. Not one firm signing yet. Are we sure we can get a coherent team on the pitch to hit the ground running and avoid relegation?  
I agree wholesale change needed but not sure I wouldn’t have got 3 or 4 to strengthen, try and improve some of existing (eg Clare has improved), see if young loanees can get to contribute a bit and reassess at Summer. 
It took a few games when he first arrived for players to understand what he wants and meantime we dropped valuable points. Will this happen again?  
Bottom line is we need three people to chip in 10 goals each by end of Season and we should make it. Lafferty possible. Naismith as a fallback due to his injuries. None of Walker, Meshino, Washington, Uche look like getting close to that. If we bin Walker, Mulraney, Clare, Meshino, we need to replace them to get the ball in the box and buy players to put the call away. Can we do all that in January?  

Time will tell. 

Massive concern tho. 

I'll celebrate if / whenwe replace all the leavers with better. 

Hopefully we have a plan, not a 5 year one but a 3 week one. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

BD came in for a lot of slagging on here,he was spot on  when he said,backroom staff to be emptied.

3 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Footballers being axed because the cannot/are not prepared to run and pass for 90 minutes ......... just let that sink in for a second!

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sean Clare, last man standing. 

😂😂😂

your trying to tempt the spoil boy on to this thread aint ya 🤣

Let's not forget the fact Billy Davies is an utter welt. I'd stick up for any incumbent of Heart of Midlothian before that fud. 

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's weird, I'm getting as excited about players leaving as I usually do about players signing.

Don't think you are alone there.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

your trying to tempt the spoil boy on to this thread aint ya 🤣

Not me. 

It's just funny how things work out. 

grumpyespana

With all those players supposed to be getting the boot surely our manager has players ready to step in to replace them.

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Not always. Ryan Giggs, Nicole Richie, Meghan Markle, The Rock. Don't really ever hear them referred to as black. 

I don't want to turn this excellent thread into a discussion about race, and the labels that people get, so this will be my only post on the subject.  The whole thing is daft.  For example,Tiger Woods is referred to as an African-American golfer, yet ...

Woods' mother, Kultida, is a native of Thailand whose own ancestry includes Chinese and Dutch. She once referred to herself as "half-Thai, one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter white."

Woods' father, Earl, was an African-American whose heritage included white, Asian and Native American ancestors. Earl Woods once called himself, "half-black, one-quarter American Indian, and one-quarter Chinese."

WheatfieldWarrior
5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

If there was a JKB cull you’d be able to get out the house a bit more.

A JKB Cull would look like the Foundation of Hearts shirt.

2 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

😁

Leveins Battalion
43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I find it truly staggering how Levein and Mcphee thought these players would bring value to the team.

Its staggeringly bad.....nah but seriously what the actual feck has been going on.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

A JKB Cull would look like the Foundation of Hearts shirt.

Not now it wouldn't, loads of posters on here would be removed from the FOH shirt as they stoaped contributing 😉

5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Here's how far I'd go:

Bobby

Doyle

Dikamona

Aidy White

Damour

Uche

Wighton

Mulraney

McLean

Berra

Whelen

Damour could still be good. I don't think we should get rid of Uche either. I would also put Wighton out on loan until the summer but otherwise that list is fine.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Yeah it’s crazy really 

Tell me one top player that doesn’t have a good workrate  

Berbatov

Pirlo

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Nope.

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Homme said:

Let's not forget the fact Billy Davies is an utter welt. I'd stick up for any incumbent of Heart of Midlothian before that fud. 

A fud who was absolutely spot on. 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Can see Stendel bringing i8 in, lining the players up and i8 going along one by one - w**k, w**k, good guy, w**k  etc

Then Stendel thanks him and finalises the cull list.

Haud oan, haud oan!! i8's identified a good guy?? Never!! :D

I'd like Uche to stay but to be played properly.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

It's good that so many are being shown the door but we have to be a wee bit careful. I would still be keeping Uche for now. He has the physique to play against the likes of the Aberdeens with the big players they have. What he really needs is a goalscorer alongside him to feed off the scraps he creates. Too often he's left to so it all on his own up there with no-one nearby helping him. Can only do so much. Mulraney should be away soon enough, Whelan already is, Berra can't be shocked at being dropped but he still deserves to be treated with a bit more respect. Okay, let him go and find a new club, no problem but, a bit of respect to a senior player isn't too much to ask. I believe White has no future and could be away very soon. Trouble with him is his injury history, who would want to take that chance unless they know him? So, so far the players that look like they are ready to give their all are Clare, Bozanic (both I would never've thought that of) Dikamona is now getting a chance and Smith is, well...just Smith, Mr Dependable. Think i'd prefer Halkett as a defensive midfielder, likes to get forward and link with midfield, would be able to do so with two solid centre-halves behind him as well as get back to cover them if they're out of position. Jimmy Dunne is available please. Washington being back could well be a positive option but another striker or two need brought in. If one of them is Lafferty then i'll go with that. Boyce as well. Keena and Morrison I don't think will cut it. McLean will stay but leave in the summer. Don't think Olly Lee is coming back, still playing for Gillingham at the weekend there. Naismith and Souttar hopefully to come in sooner rather than later, don't know what's going on with Haring. New goalie please! We can afford to get rid of two of them right now with Silva as back-up, can't be any worse than Pereira, Zlamal or Doyle. Walker....don't know what to make of him. Plenty positives so far with Stendel.

We still need more pace from middle to front. A few players with pace that know what they're doing can destroy any team.

Ex member of the SaS
6 hours ago, Armageddon said:

He already has been told!  (So have Wighton and Mulraney - plus Berra and Whelen but already reported).

Makes you laugh about the Uche to Celtic story from Oct 2019:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4823250/celtic-qpr-hearts-uche-ikpeazu/

IF Uche goes to Celtic you can be sure he will get a foul the next time there is a breeze at Celtic Park.

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

IF Uche goes to Celtic you can be sure he will get a foul the next time there is a breeze at Celtic Park.

I'm sure they already have a kitman. 

40 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

🤣

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

Damour could still be good. I don't think we should get rid of Uche either. I would also put Wighton out on loan until the summer but otherwise that list is fine.

Damour is absolutely honking.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Hope we keep Uche.

What for? Two goals in 18 games! Yes he provides plenty of pre match humour blasting his practice shots into the Gorgie stand. As for him needing support, even scaffolding couldn’t stop him falling over.

Victor Mancini
would be happy to see the back of these jokers, admittedly Clare has came onto a game under Stendel but there is better players that would take less wages and be more consistent

Doyle
Zlamal

Perrera 

White
Clare

Brandon

Bozanic

Garrucio

Lee

Damour

Wighton

Walker

Mulraney

McLean

Ikpeazu

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If that guy does not go I will be shocked. 

Waste of a jersey. 

If someone claims their cothanger back he will collapse.

5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Where did that come from? Not sure I'd be getting rid of Uche tbh. Decent squad player.

Just heard that Uche is about to be charged with impersonating a football player.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Sid said:

Big concern, agreed. We prob dont know the answer. Telling players they can go doesn't allow us to stop paying them of course. AB has declared publicly that players need to go before new salaries can be authorised.

In real terms, has anybody  left at this time? 🤔

Suspect this is our attempt to advertise and pressurise them to find alternate employment. If they dont/cant/wont is money now available for further reinforcments regardless?....either way i suspect it may be 2nd half of the month before any replacements train with the squad.

husref musemic
6 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

let's set what John Murray has in store for us next...respin of amankwa vanacek, whighton....

we might be begging some to come back.

Edited by husref musemic

41 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Big concern, agreed. We prob dont know the answer. Telling players they can go doesn't allow us to stop paying them of course. AB has declared publicly that players need to go before new salaries can be authorised.

In real terms, has anybody  left at this time? 🤔

Suspect this is our attempt to advertise and pressurise them to find alternate employment. If they dont/cant/wont is money now available for further reinforcments regardless?....either way i suspect it may be 2nd half of the month before any replacements train with the squad.

Think this also. 

Got to free up wages to get guys in. 

Only Whelan has gone in that respect. 😏

Handofgod2015
10 hours ago, Prof said:

Leaving sentiment aside, it’s good that Stendel is starting by binning high earning players.  Key question is who’s next.

Jake Mulraney 🤞

Berra and Whelan confirmed. Wighton, Mulraney, Uche, Maclean and Damour have been told to find new clubs. Cochrane and MacDonald to feature in the first team this second half of the season.