Squad Cull

His name is

The Mercer Takeover
2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Morrison is dragging out his injury so that he’s not found out. Stendel obviously hasn’t seen him in training. He’s worse than Mulraney. 

This would not surprise me.

Another poor player who is not ready. May never be.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• MarkDevriesScores4

• JamboAl

• Alex Kintner

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

I believe she is away on a 4 week holiday. 

I’ve heard Iran is nice this time of year.

18 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Everybody expected us to be ready from the off this window but once again the club is being shown up for the utter shambles it is under her,I cant even say her name I despise her that much.

i8 is that you? 😂

17 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Alex, can you confirm that Uche will be released from his contract if he can find another club and there will be no transfer fee or pay off.

No fee required but if he only goes out on loan for example we may have to pay a proportion of his wages

Hectormasson
14 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

This would not surprise me.

Another poor player who is not ready. May never be.

Another one in a pile off absolute s....e !!!!

24 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Everybody expected us to be ready from the off this window but once again the club is being shown up for the utter shambles it is under her,I cant even say her name I despise her that much.

Behave.  It is difficult to overhaul a squad in the January window.  Try not to let your over the top mood get in the way of common sense.

10 hours ago, Gershwin said:

I have to ask why? He doesn’t score. Regularly misses the target. Can’t pass. And doesn’t seem interested in finding a teammate anyway. Plus he doesn’t seem to understand that throwing himself on the ground isn’t going to win a free kick. I think we all thought there might be a player in there but after 18 months and no improvement in his play, I’d cut our losses and move him on.

With the right support he will be fine. With Naismith and Washington providing real movement up front he will get much more room. He was great for the first three months last season before injuries kicked in. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wtf are you on. 
Mistakes have been made. 
The Club is doing its best to resolve. 
Appointed who most agree has a good chance of putting the type of team on the park we want to see. 
Had issues bringing his team in. Got an assistant from elsewhere. 
In order to improve squad, we need to move players on. Whelan left. Others being actively managed out. 
As has been seen with his assistant, Stendel is not for publicising what he’s working on and to an extent, will be constrained by what is definitely dropping off the budget. 
“everyone expected us...” Working under these constraints, who expected us to have a full new squad first day of the window. 
IT WILL TAKE TIME.
I worry we are trying to do too much too quickly which risks not getting a team playing well to avoid relegation, not that we are going too slow. 
you are either a Hobbo troll or I think you should seek help about your obsession with raking up historic errors the club has made. Move on. 

SpruceBringsteen

"UTTER SHAMBLES" :lol:

There's no danger some of the lads on this website are allowed to walk the streets likes. :lol:

maroonsgotop
4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Morrison is dragging out his injury so that he’s not found out. Stendel obviously hasn’t seen him in training. He’s worse than Mulraney. 

yup. he was certainly shocking in his last game away at St Mirren

pettigrewsstylist
21 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Feel a bit sorry for uche as he gives his all, gives us something a bit different and seems to love the club. Would prefer we got rid of mclean and wighton before him. 

Also berra. He's been a good servant to the club and a good ambassador. Granted his performances have dipped but was disappointing to hear he was upset and angry about being told he wasnt needed. 

His diving got ridiculous. New man seen enough.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

With the right support he will be fine. With Naismith and Washington providing real movement up front he will get much more room. He was great for the first three months last season before injuries kicked in. 

Yeah I'd keep Uche. He's the type of player no other club has. Kind of a not so secret weapon to bring off the bench at least and cause panic in defences (when he's not being pulled up by refs for breathing on defenders at least).

pettigrewsstylist
21 hours ago, neonjambo said:

I think a mass clear out is needed. However, If we cannot offload these players - we may not be able to recruit.

Leaving us with players disillusioned and uninterested, it's a tricky balancing act in a very small time scale.

We need to be careful here.

Too late. He has been handed the freedom. Hope he has  new signings agreed  and authorised with AB. 

High risk otherwise.

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah I'd keep Uche. He's the type of player no other club has. Kind of a not so secret weapon to bring off the bench at least and cause panic in defences (when he's not being pulled up by refs for breathing on defenders at least).

Aye defences have been panic stricken right enough.

Uche? Let's wait and see what happens officially. As of yet Ive seen nothing mentioned from the powers that be about what his future is. Only "my mate tells me Stendel says he can leave".

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Occasionally when he’s been fit and firing yes. He obviously has that in his locker. Ask 6m rated McKenna or Celtic’s millionnaires how they enjoyed playing against a fit uche.

pettigrewsstylist
37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Occasionally when he’s been fit and firing yes. He obviously has that in his locker. Ask 6m rated McKenna or Celtic’s millionnaires how they enjoyed playing against a fit uche.

He will be snapped up by them no doubt.

With Berra and Whelan shown the door it would kind of fit that Uche and Damour would follow. Neither offer anything and wouldn't really fit with Stendels game plan. 

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

:cornette:

50 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

With Berra and Whelan shown the door it would kind of fit that Uche and Damour would follow. Neither offer anything and wouldn't really fit with Stendels game plan. 

I really want Stendel to succeed but this place is brutal at times and if he over prunes and fails watch a quick volte-face from the regime critics.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I really want Stendel to succeed but this place is brutal at times and if he over prunes and fails watch a quick volte-face from the regime critics.

"Regime" folk criticising Levein's recruitment for years.

Same folk criticising Stendel for getting rid of players Levein signed.

14 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I’ve heard Iran is nice this time of year.

Why don't you try it yourself Craig.

11 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I don’t think people will criticise Stendel if we don’t get the signings we want. Budge will take the fan rage flush in the face and quite rightly so. ‘We do things differently at Hearts’

14 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

It’s the way he rubs his bum against their crotch. If I was an opposition defender it would worry me as well. 

14 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

They certainly have been at times . The fact we were unable to take advantage was not his fault .

Why people constantly rewrite history on here is ......

Feck it 

23 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Related image

Jamboscanbevicius
40 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Surprise if they told, mulrainey, wighton, Uche and Keena they can all leave without definitely have new players on their way

Totally agree. Would leave us Naismith, Washington, and MacLean up top. Maybe fine if they’re all fit but that is rare!

Personally I’d rather keep Uche than MacLean. However part of these decisions will be in basis of training and ability to carry out DS tactics. 

They must be confident of landing at least one striker and one winger.

53 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Totally agree. Would leave us Naismith, Washington, and MacLean up top. Maybe fine if they’re all fit but that is rare!

Personally I’d rather keep Uche than MacLean. However part of these decisions will be in basis of training and ability to carry out DS tactics. 

Uche is also more saleable than MacLean given their ages.  And MacLean is far more capable of playing the quick one touch attacking football that Stendel wants us to play. If we are keeping one for the rest of the season, I'd go for MacLean.

2 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Without question. He has still had good games this year, albeit earlier in the season and could regain a bit of form when the team starts playing better. Too often he is isolated and has to carve out his own chances but doesn't help that he falls about a lot.

He played well against St.Mirren out wide and was undoubtedly helped by Naismith playing. If we can get another player good enough up there with them, then he will do okay. Perhaps Washington. 

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s the way he rubs his bum against their crotch. If I was an opposition defender it would worry me as well. 

And as he goes down, you see Maclean coming at you, with a glint in his eye.

23 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

His diving got ridiculous. New man seen enough.

I’ve got a petulant grandson that throws himself to the ground less than Uche. For a man that size, his antics are outrageous. I’d ship him as soon possible 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

I’ve got a petulant grandson that throws himself to the ground less than Uche. For a man that size, his antics are outrageous. I’d ship him as soon possible 

Theres folk out there talking about him striking panic into opposition defences,,, aye you heard right....panic!

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Hoping Cochrane and Connor Smith get a run in the team, think they will be more useful than Bozanic and Damour to be honest.

Going by how Smith did on loan I’m not so sure. A lot of disappointment at how it went.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Theres folk out there talking about him striking panic into opposition defences,,, aye you heard right....panic!

Might have been his first season when defences were wary of how to play him.  But time has shown that he is just a big puddin'.  Still he is a player tbat can come of the bench to offer something different, although maybe not to Strudel's style.

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Going by how Smith did on loan I’m not so sure. A lot of disappointment at how it went.

Really? Had read some good reviews and MOTM in his last match?

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Im sure I read positive reviews about his time at Cowdenbeath. He definitely made the team of the week a few times. 

5 minutes ago, Mort said:

Really? Had read some good reviews and MOTM in his last match?

4 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Im sure I read positive reviews about his time at Cowdenbeath. He definitely made the team of the week a few times. 

That’s not our scouts’ impression