Squad Cull

His name is

3 minutes ago, steve123 said:

More than 10 have been told they can go ?

If so we will need to bring in more than 4 !!

Not really. Injured players returning, loanees back and 4 quality additions will do it. Smaller, properly coached and motivated squad will do what’s necessary 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• MarkDevriesScores4

• JamboAl

• Alex Kintner

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Part of me wants to see Berra stay, train hard and get back to where he was pre-injury. Odds of that are slim though and he's probably on a very decent contract for us. 

Think its a pretty ballsy move by DS binning two of the guys who you would probably say are the leaders. Just leaves Naismith of that same level. 

If they are 'leaders' then time for new ones buddy, in case our form for 3 years and current plight has escaped your notice 🙃

1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Not really. Injured players returning, loanees back and 4 quality additions will do it. Smaller, properly coached and motivated squad will do what’s necessary 

Yea fair point, fingers crossed it works out as he is doing what the fans have been crying out for !!

28 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Had it confirmed today that Uche been told he isn’t required, as has Keena.

Think Keena is already away or will be tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, steve123 said:

More than 10 have been told they can go ?

If so we will need to bring in more than 4 !!

Souter, Naismith, Garucchio, Washington, Walker, Haring, Smith, Cochrane,McDonald, Petkov all coming back plus 4 equals 14 in really, so it probably all adds up. Certainly be a different squad come next week. 

pettigrewsstylist

7-8 trg days till Airdrie? This could be interesting. Happy for it to be trg match and focus on Dingwall.

Rocky jamboa

Feel a bit sorry for uche as he gives his all, gives us something a bit different and seems to love the club. Would prefer we got rid of mclean and wighton before him. 

Also berra. He's been a good servant to the club and a good ambassador. Granted his performances have dipped but was disappointing to hear he was upset and angry about being told he wasnt needed. 

Thing everything depends on the injury list seeing if anyone will be back in the next few months or if at all. Haring Souttar and Naismith mean a completely different team, if they are not fit we need 3 replacements

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Feel a bit sorry for uche as he gives his all, gives us something a bit different and seems to love the club.

Agreed, however I wont miss his shots 'on goal' that nearly clear the ground 🤬

26 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

I know the number is bigger than that but not the other players - defo more than 10

White must be on the not wanted list.

I think it’s clear that DS looked at our players and then thought WTF. Levein turned our club into a rest home for elderly crocked players and others who were only footballers in their own head. 

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Feel a bit sorry for uche as he gives his all, gives us something a bit different and seems to love the club. Would prefer we got rid of mclean and wighton before him. 

Also berra. He's been a good servant to the club and a good ambassador. Granted his performances have dipped but was disappointing to hear he was upset and angry about being told he wasnt needed. 

I agree on both counts but will trust the manager. I’ve also always had a bizarre feeling that Wighton will one day come good (based on no real evidence).

Otherwise delighted with the list of players told they can go. Looking forward to finding out who might be incoming. Boyce seems to have gone quiet but would be a great signing imo.

6 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Agreed, however I wont miss his shots 'on goal' that nearly clear the ground 🤬

I’ll miss his desperate dan impressions pre match. As well as blootering the ball into the Gorgie stand before games he did a good impression of a wrestler during games. Never Hearts standard.

Whelan , Berra, Mulraney  , Whigton, Keena and Uche , is that the list of confirmed/out going soon ? 

Think another poster mentioned 8 outgoing  McLean and White ? Possibles 

I think a mass clear out is needed. However, If we cannot offload these players - we may not be able to recruit.

Leaving us with players disillusioned and uninterested, it's a tricky balancing act in a very small time scale.

We need to be careful here.

IMO the manager will make his own decisions and if that means letting certain players go then so be it. A football manager lives or dies by his decision, so DS has my support and hopefully he will get it right.

58 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Well definitely need forward players then.

Seen in one of the stories about our loan players returning that Rory Currie is one of them. Wonder if we’ll see him v Airdrie 

Allowayjambo1874
2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Personally I’d be moving on Maclean or Keena ahead of Uche. 

Whilst I agree MacLean has only got a contract until 31st May and given his age there’s no chance he’ll go as his next club will be championship at best (imo)

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

7-8 trg days till Airdrie? This could be interesting. Happy for it to be trg match and focus on Dingwall.

I wouldn't  and don't think DS would either.

A defeat against Airdrie would be complete downer on this new era.

We need a convincing win and performance to get the happy train out the station.

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I wouldn't  and don't think DS would either.

A defeat against Airdrie would be complete downer on this new era.

We need a convincing win and performance to get the happy train out the station.

We need virtual strangers to get at least one competitive  game together without getting harassed. 😆

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Whelan , Berra, Mulraney  , Whigton, Keena and Uche , is that the list of confirmed/out going soon ? 

McLean is one of them yeah 

4 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Whilst I agree MacLean has only got a contract until 31st May and given his age there’s no chance he’ll go as his next club will be championship at best (imo)

He might if a championship club offered him am 18 month contract

2 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I hope Uche stays

I have to ask why? He doesn’t score. Regularly misses the target. Can’t pass. And doesn’t seem interested in finding a teammate anyway. Plus he doesn’t seem to understand that throwing himself on the ground isn’t going to win a free kick. I think we all thought there might be a player in there but after 18 months and no improvement in his play, I’d cut our losses and move him on.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Had it confirmed today that Uche been told he isn’t required, as has Keena.

Didn't you say Stendel wasn't coming to Hearts? 

letsmakesomenoise
11 hours ago, ramrod said:

This mornings front page of the Evening News would seem to suggest that White is indeed one of them?

A42D3C85-CB90-4CAC-BC49-75A1D921107E.jpeg

6 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

This mornings front page of the Evening News would seem to suggest that White is indeed one of them?

A42D3C85-CB90-4CAC-BC49-75A1D921107E.jpeg

Based on the article and the online version I think this should read Wighton...typical shoddy EEN.

Bazzas right boot

The reserve team is doing well, lots of new signings. 

Happy with most going tbh, but we need replacements. 

Those saying injured players to come back, must the irony in that. Many have said that for months under CL. 

We need more players now and better than what is going out. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Gershwin said:

I have to ask why? He doesn’t score. Regularly misses the target. Can’t pass. And doesn’t seem interested in finding a teammate anyway. Plus he doesn’t seem to understand that throwing himself on the ground isn’t going to win a free kick. I think we all thought there might be a player in there but after 18 months and no improvement in his play, I’d cut our losses and move him on.

Can't argue with that. 

13 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Personally I’d be moving on Maclean or Keena ahead of Uche. 

Yes don't get the Uche out stuff . Capable of terrorising OF defenders not his fault we couldn't take advantage . MacPhees , imo , overthought tactic of keeping him in reserve for the semi almost certainly brought a major sigh of relief from rangers defenders .

Against Aberdeen at one point he was moved out wide CH went with him .

Yes there are major flaws in his game but coached properly , apparently we now have people capable of doing that unlike before , he would be a valuable player .

I do wonder if the fact he seems to be CL's man has anything to do with his probable departure ?

4 hours ago, Gershwin said:

It was obvious from day one he wasn't competent or technically capable in front of goal, its hard to believe he has not been constantly worked on these deficiencies in every training session since signing but again obvious he has not. Would be interesting to see what a good striker coach could do with him and he is definitely a could be type player if that happened. Maybe the club will find it easier to sign a player already up to scratch though but watching the big guy charging at people certainly is rousing on match day. 

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Yes don't get the Uche out stuff . Capable of terrorising OF defenders not his fault we couldn't take advantage . MacPhees , imo , overthought tactic of keeping him in reserve for the semi almost certainly brought a major sigh of relief from rangers defenders .

Against Aberdeen at one point he was moved out wide CH went with him .

Yes there are major flaws in his game but coached properly , apparently we now have people capable of doing that unlike before , he would be a valuable player .

I do wonder if the fact he seems to be CL's man has anything to do with his probable departure ?

peebles jambo
On 07/01/2020 at 12:55, Poseidon said:

McLean has been told he can go, as well as Uche and Wighton too. 

McLean hasn't been told, Wighton has, not sure about Uche

2 hours ago, peebles jambo said:

McLean hasn't been told, Wighton has, not sure about Uche

McLean and Uche both have according to the info I was given

7 hours ago, Gershwin said:

And for such a physical, athletic guy he doesn't seem to win any headers.    Number of times our goak kick comes straight back is frustrating.    He seems to rarely look at the ball and often plays the man.     I don't think he is good enough but worth keeping as an option.  Badly need a goal scorer this window. 

I can imagine playing with Uche must be very frustrating. Good move to create a chance for him, missed. Easy lay off to play you in, miskicks or just doesn’t see it. On the angle 30 yards out with players in the box, shoots wildly. On top of this there are the needless free kicks. I'm not saying that some of the time he isn't fouled but he never learns and his reputation with referees almost guarantees no penalty will ever be given. 

He is honest, tries hard but in the situation we are in we need someone who can link and take some of the chances. Not hard to see why we would let him go. 

5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I can imagine playing with Uche must be very frustrating. Good move to create a chance for him, missed. Easy lay off to play you in, miskicks or just doesn’t see it. On the angle 30 yards out with players in the box, shoots wildly. On top of this there are the needless free kicks. I'm not saying that some of the time he isn't fouled but he never learns and his reputation with referees almost guarantees no penalty will ever be given. 

He is honest, tries hard but in the situation we are in we need someone who can link and take some of the chances. Not hard to see why we would let him go. 

I think he's useful as a chaos option from the bench, especially if we are chasing a game.

2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I think he's useful as a chaos option from the bench, especially if we are chasing a game.

I’d agree with that, assuming he’s on relatively low wages don’t think he’s a bad option from the bench.

Saying that if getting shot helps us bring in someone better I wouldn’t shed a tear

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Didn't you say Stendel wasn't coming to Hearts? 

I said it was pretty much a non-starter due to the compensation issue which has since been confirmed by journalists like Ewan Murray and a few posters on here 👍🏻

Alex, can you confirm that Uche will be released from his contract if he can find another club and there will be no transfer fee or pay off.

Leveins Battalion

Everybody expected us to be ready from the off this window but once again the club is being shown up for the utter shambles it is under her,I cant even say her name I despise her that much.

Morrison is dragging out his injury so that he’s not found out. Stendel obviously hasn’t seen him in training. He’s worse than Mulraney. 

The Mercer Takeover
8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Everybody expected us to be ready from the off this window but once again the club is being shown up for the utter shambles it is under her,I cant even say her name I despise her that much.

I believe she is away on a 4 week holiday.