The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The last televised Hearts game, Chris Boyd crucified Mulraney for doing the pregame warm up wearing ear pods! Probably the only time I’ve agreed with that tw*t (ie  CB)!

Just one example of the complete disregard and disrespect he had for the club, the fans, his teammates and his coaches.

Inexcusable to do that before any game, but the derby? An absolute cretin! I wish him the worst in his new job.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Just one example of the complete disregard and disrespect he had for the club, the fans, his teammates and his coaches.

Inexcusable to do that before any game, but the derby? An absolute cretin! I wish him the worst in his new job.

Yep! I wonder if Stendel told him to gtf after that?

46 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We won't be getting Boyce m8 . 

As soon as a fee is  agreed Sunderland will match it and blow our wages offer out the water  unfortunately. 

Thought Burton didn't want to sell to a direct rival though? Just points between them for the playoffs, Boyce very likely to make a difference to Sunderland

3 hours ago, Dayman said:

Yeah they seem to have taken off much quicker than any other team. Soccer in Atlanta is heavily supported, so it’s understandable! I see the Charlotte team being similar. 

Next time I’m there will try and get to a game to see what it’s all about.

will have a wee look at Charlotte - always fancied a trip there but never made it yet

12 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Next time I’m there will try and get to a game to see what it’s all about.

will have a wee look at Charlotte - always fancied a trip there but never made it yet

would vouch for Charlotte. Great city to visit and good choice of things to do. Can see the footy team picking up quickly with the money they have behind them and the shared facilities with Panthers NFL team. 

Think Boyce is worth pushing for, we need to make a decision on what we’re willing to pay then offer it, if that doesn’t work move on to someone else quickly 

10 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Hopefully alarm bells are ringing in Ann’s office.

Back Stendel with everything he needs. 

We are in big trouble.

No one in the office today. 

15 minutes ago, Jambos4life said:

Think Boyce is worth pushing for, we need to make a decision on what we’re willing to pay then offer it, if that doesn’t work move on to someone else quickly 

Agree 👍 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, cameron79 said:

Seen that boy on the right in the diggers a couple of times 😉😉

Yeah I couldn’t get to him for all the others getting photos 😆

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I didn't think Rudi could be made more handsome. But you did it!!

Beauty and the beast springs to mind 😆.

Pasquale for King

We definitely need a striker, Washington won’t ever be prolific unfortunately and we can’t rely on Naismith to be fit. 

13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

No one in the office today. 

Dont think alarm bells will ever ring in her office or anywhere else for that matter,,

Captain Canada

It's a real positive how we've not conceded from open play since Berra came out of the team. It's the other end that's a concern. 

I'd love a creative central midfielder and a striker in before Sunday. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Boyce could make a real difference. I’m a little concerned that we don’t have any realistic plan b though if we can’t complete it.

We still look a bit short in middle of the park too.

On 21/01/2020 at 09:29, Chimp said:

I'm sure i remember the Barnsley fans on here saying that Bahre was useless?

Just me, RH thinks he’s decent, I think he’s one of the worst players I’ve seen in a long time, and we’ve got some bad uns at the moment. 

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We definitely need a striker, Washington won’t ever be prolific unfortunately and we can’t rely on Naismith to be fit. 

yip, and we know no-one else on the books going to bang a few in, striker needed

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Hopefully alarm bells are ringing in Ann’s office.

Back Stendel with everything he needs. 

We are in big trouble.

We are in tatters!

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, geomac said:

yip, and we know no-one else on the books going to bang a few in, striker needed

I really should’ve said “this isn’t going to shock anyone but”, it’s been a problem for two seasons now.

rudi must stay
23 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We are in tatters!

Ye 0-0 and 4 points behind things are awful

A year ago we'd have been delighted with a point away from home 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ye 0-0 and 4 points behind things are awful

If we were 7th maybe.

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Boyce could make a real difference. I’m a little concerned that we don’t have any realistic plan b though if we can’t complete it.

We still look a bit short in middle of the park too.

We should offer them a swap deal for Uche or Washington. Chuck in MacLean for free. 

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Which says it all tbh. Frightening the state Levein was allowed to get us into. 

8 hours ago, DC_92 said:

8 hours ago, Jambos4life said:

Give Burton what they want for Boyce, needs must, we need Boyce, he's a penalty box striker that knows where the goals are, get him signed, we need him badly if we're to survive in this league.

Said it before can’t see anyone coming in the next few days. Today and tomorrow are the only business days and training before Rangers being limited. I’m sure Stendel will not look at the Rangers game as a predicted loss but I’m sure the emphasis will be to bring new faces in before St. Johnstone. So can’t see anyone coming in this week, but would be happy to again be proven wrong in my instincts.

Lafferty was available for free and actually wanted to come to Hearts, he has scored 20 goals in 73 appearances for Northern Ireland. Boyce isn’t free and perhaps would rather stay in England, he’s scored 1 goal in 20 appearances for Northern Ireland. Lafferty has also been here before and been out top goal scorer since Robbie. Lafferty was available on day one of the transfer window ... 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

But is Boyce the answer? 
comparing them in League 1 games Washington is 27/82 whilst Boyce is 22/78. Comparing them for NI Washington is 4/21 whilst Boyce is 1/21

The only plus re Boyce is that he was fairly prolific for Ross County for a couple of seasons. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Lafferty was available for free and actually wanted to come to Hearts, he has scored 20 goals in 73 appearances for Northern Ireland. Boyce isn’t free and perhaps would rather stay in England, he’s scored 1 goal in 20 appearances for Northern Ireland. Lafferty has also been here before and been out top goal scorer since Robbie. Lafferty was available on day one of the transfer window ... 

Did he really ?

Lafferty was always going to whoever offered him the most money to pay the debt man 

Edited by vegas-voss

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But is Boyce the answer? 
comparing them in League 1 games Washington is 27/82 whilst Boyce is 22/78. Comparing them for NI Washington is 4/21 whilst Boyce is 1/21

The only plus re Boyce is that he was fairly prolific for Ross County for a couple of seasons. 

Exactly.  What are we expecting Boyce to do? Score Maradonna vs. england type goals? 

We don’t create chances, openings or opportunities. 

7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Exactly.  What are we expecting Boyce to do? Score Maradonna vs. england type goals? 

But we do. In the past 4 or 5 games we have created plenty of chances, we just need someone to be clinical in front of goal. 

Gordon Ramsay

It's not just a striker we need its a decent central midfielder. Irving isn't there yet, Damour is rubbish, Bozanic is average at best and Haring is goosed. 

We need someone in there to drive this team forward, pick a pass, show a bit of grit. Someone with a bit of strength. 

**** knows who and if they are available but if I was Stendel I would be going all in for that more than a striker. 

8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

That is a very good point.  Unfortunately, strikers rely on the service they're provided.  A big part of our problem is that the strikers are having to try to do two jobs a lot of the time.

12 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Apparently we missed two absolute sitters last night. Donis 1 and Naisy another.

I’d be tempted to use the Mulraney £200k on 4 months of wages for an out of favour EPL striker - £12,500 for 16 weeks would get us somebody braw.

Hearts of Vladland
8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I’d be tempted to use the Mulraney £200k on 4 months of wages for an out of favour EPL striker - £12,500 for 16 weeks would get us somebody braw.

Youngsters in the EPL are on more than that, Cardiff average salary last season was over £20,000 a week

21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Who?

23 days into a transfer window we needed to hit early and only one player in.

No more mucking about with Burton/Boyce (they are going to hold out until end of window). Hit them today with a take it or leave it offer, put pressure on his agent. If knocked back, move quickly onto next target.

We don't have the luxury to wait until 31st.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
24 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Absolute drivel.

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No more mucking about with Burton/Boyce (they are going to hold out until end of window). Hit them today with a take it or leave it offer, put pressure on his agent. If knocked back, move quickly onto next target.

Agreed. Someone like Billy Sharp might be available on a short term loan just to get us to summer and safety 

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The apparent complacency around the management of our club at all levels is quite breathtaking.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:laugh:someone's stuck in 1995.

£12,500 a week wouldn't keep up the payments on a EPL reserve players Rolex.

I tell you a player that I would throw some realistic money at - Mikel Millar from Hamilton.  

The wait regarding Boyce is agonising. If the rumours are true that the only thing stopping us getting him is the price then that’s shockingly poor from our club. His price tag will have gone up after last night too.

If there is any chance of getting him, push the boat out now. If it’s not realistic, move on now. Just stop d1cking about

12 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

I tell you a player that I would throw some realistic money at - Mikel Millar from Hamilton.  

Why?

He is not the answer

13 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Every time I see him, either at a game or on tv highlights, he looks good. Every time I mention him to any of my mates they boak at the thought of us signing him.