The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Just now, troonmaroon said:

Anything you can tell us about the striker we showed around? How soon do you reckon we'll make some signings? 

Not scottish. Not Scottish based. Possible longer term replacement for McLean.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

As I always say around transfer window time, if you dont believe a poster sharing rumours is itk and making it up, just ignore them. 

You may think you are Sherlock Holmes and trying to show the person is a fraud but you come across as annoying person, dragging threads down with petty posts and ruining decent threads.

Well said 

Just now, dazajmbo said:

So fairly advanced in years or just doesn’t score much?

I work with a family member of Liam Boyce. I will need to ask him if he knows anything or could find out. Would be a terrific signing imo. The lad was scoring for fun up here

Just now, kingm616 said:

I work with a family member of Liam Boyce. I will need to ask him if he knows anything or could find out. Would be a terrific signing imo. The lad was scoring for fun up here

Can you also ask if Hearts had a genuine interest last time around, and why we dropped it thus annoying Daza so much 😭

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's not what you know it's who you know Dave 😉

Mmm, hopefully who relates to what...in a positive way. 🤪

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

My money would be on Diouf.

I cannot see why Boyce would need shown around Tynie having been familiar from his time with Dross County and even played here.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I cannot see why Boyce would need shown around Tynie having been familiar from his time with Dross County and even played here.

Would all make sense. Don’t know much about Diouf but he’s certainly got experience and not too old imo.

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Mmm, hopefully who relates to what...in a positive way. 🤪

Yep. I told him earlier as I was listening to Clough's interview on Radio Derby 😉

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It will be  him , fairy easy guestimit tbh 

28 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Mike-Steven Bahre...

If Stendel goes anyway near him you’ll go down. The blokes awful. 

3 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

If Stendel goes anyway near him you’ll go down. The blokes awful. 

This is where we disagree.  A technically gifted player just needs to get the goals but he will create chances. 

Well I'd think it would be easy to identify whether it was more likely to be Boyce or Diouf being shown around if the 'viewing' has been seen by one of JKB's finest

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

This is where we disagree.  A technically gifted player just needs to get the goals but he will create chances. 

Give up he’s piss poor, walks about like he’s taking the dog for a shite, when he came on Sunday we would have been better playing with 10 men, after that if he gets another game this season I’ll be amazed. He was terrible last season in league one and he’s even worse this season. 

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Naive. You’d still show a player around the place.  It’s protocol. 

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Requires a zimmerframe to get around the pitch!!

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I hope we get the signings in early so they have more time to gel. 

Think stendel is of similar mindset if he wants players that can make a difference right away!!

I still think we may not move on as many as we want until later in the window though.

59 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I actually feel sorry for you...’Daza was right’!

Jesus...see tomorrow, the sun might come up and it might rain, but it’s not guaranteed.

the sun will come up tomorrow otherwise tomorrow won’t happen 

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Liam Walsh,Liam Lindsay and Liam Boyce ffs Hearts scouts go past the name Liam.

Lacing my boots up as we speak :lol:

26 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It will be  him , fairy easy guestimit tbh 

If it is him he seems quite a charachter from his Wikipedia page 

Diouf married his girlfriend of four years, Maria Orten, in Molde on 2 July 2011. Diouf went missing for a few days before the wedding, with his fiancée blaming his disappearance on the best man, Molde FK midfielder Pape Paté Diouf. He eventually turned up on 30 June, but Orten was forbidden from revealing the reason for his absence

10 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Give up he’s piss poor, walks about like he’s taking the dog for a shite, when he came on Sunday we would have been better playing with 10 men, after that if he gets another game this season I’ll be amazed. He was terrible last season in league one and he’s even worse this season. 

As I say we ll have to disagree  He can make game winning passes  I didnt see the match on Sunday other than the highlights on Quest though.

6 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Even the Barnsley fans arguing ffs. The kickback way.

Its not a argument, it’s a debate. in this particular debate we happen to have differing opinions,  people being different is what makes the world great. 

2 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Its not a argument, it’s a debate. in this particular debate we happen to have differing opinions,  people being different is what makes the world great. 

It's about Barnsley though 😐

lost in space
40 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

FFS. Of all of the insults that you could throw at a player - "longer term replied Mclean" must be one of the worst!

Haringshairband
3 minutes ago, NlGHTMARE said:

I know, I wasn't being entirely serious :lol:

6 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

As I say we ll have to disagree  He can make game winning passes  I didnt see the match on Sunday other than the highlights on Quest though.

Struber knows better than me he’s a head coach with qualifications and time served, if he sees fit to continue playing him then I’ll concede that you’re right, but since he’s been at the club, he seems to have a good eye for shite, and keeping it away from the first team fold, so I can’t see him getting many more chances. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, bazman said:

The guy that started for Leeds tonight

Recalled by Arsenal but heading elsewhere,  most probably Bristol City 

17 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

the sun will come up tomorrow otherwise tomorrow won’t happen 

...that was kinda partially the point?!

Claiming to be ITK when it’s in the press already, or someone else has said it, or making vague predictions that ‘might’ happen...so as not to be definite and look like you’re talking pish.

8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I wasn't being serious 😉.

I know. I think we ll hang on to him though as we got him cheap and hes featuring in most matches. 

Edited by Redhelen
Spelling error

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

I know. I think we ll hang on to hom though as we got him cheap and hes featuring in most matches. 

👍. No problem we'll have Woodrow and be done with it 😉

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It's about Barnsley though 😐

If we can cope with our sheepie forum pet I'm sure there is room for some Barnsley debate. Better than half the other shite that gets posted by certain people!!!

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/burton-albion-boss-nigel-clough-admits-he-may-have-accept-offers-hearts-transfer-target-liam-boyce-1353180

Burton Albion manager Nigel Clough has admitted he will listen to transfer offers for Hearts target Liam Boyce if the Northern Irishman turns down the offer of a new contract.

Boyce's deal with the League One outfit expires this summer, with the Jambos one of a host of clubs interested in the 28-year-old.

The former Ross County hitman stepped off the bench to score what turned out to be the winner in Burton's 4-3 win at Bolton on New Year's Day and Clough accepted that he may lose Boyce in this transfer window

“We have had interest from a few clubs in Liam leading up to the window opening," said Clough. "Him and Scott Fraser are the two and we are in the process of trying to sort out contract offers for them in the next few days and we will take it from there.

“We are mindful that both players can leave on a free in the summer. If they sign new deals, then brilliant, if they don’t, we will look at offers.

“We want to try and keep them if we can, but we know the limitations that we have in trying to do that.”

Edited by CJGJ

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If we can cope with our sheepie forum pet I'm sure there is room for some Barnsley debate. Better than half the other shite that gets posted by certain people!!!

He's an arse😂

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

👍. No problem we'll have Woodrow and be done with it 😉

Don't even go there! Some things are beyond joking about. Hanging onto Cauley will be key to any chance of staying in the Championship!

Just now, Redhelen said:

Don't even go there! Some things are beyond joking about. Hanging onto Cauley will be key to any chance of staying in the Championship!

He was brilliant at Burton. Such a clever player.

lost in space
7 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

...that was kinda partially the point?!

Claiming to be ITK when it’s in the press already, or someone else has said it, or making vague predictions that ‘might’ happen...so as not to be definite and look like you’re talking pish.

Oh christ, not this nonsense again!!! Listen deviskan - if you don't like these posts, don't read them. Some enjoy them - it's a football forum -for rumours and gossip. Posters don't get arrested if wrong.

Any chance you get a life?

39 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Naive. You’d still show a player around the place.  It’s protocol. 

You are the one who is naive.

I don't show players around the place.

14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Oh christ, not this nonsense again!!! Listen deviskan - if you don't like these posts, don't read them. Some enjoy them - it's a football forum -for rumours and gossip. Posters don't get arrested if wrong.

Any chance you get a life?

Any chance you can re-read your own post and realise how much of a contradiction what you just posted is?

Any chance you can take your own advice?

Edited by Deviskan