• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I don't really get it.  They may have paid a million but they'll lose him for nothing at the end of June.  It would only make sense if he was playing regularly for Barnsley.

PS.  Very much appreciate all your info.

Maybe Barnsley have 1 year option on Thiam. Perhaps their thinking is that he goes out on loan and is a success, they trigger the clause and sell him for a decent fee in the summer. Their board are greedy gets so it wouldnt surprise me.

6 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Paul Bernard for 1 million back in 95'.

They appear to be willing to part with their cash now they have the American backers. Apparently Hernandez cost them 800k. Thats why McInnes didn't want to pursue Stephen O'Donnell. He honestly looks terrible from the highlights of him on Youtube. Also some of the Aberdeen fans 'ITK' are claiming they nearly signed a South American attacking Midfielder who is "more than creative" and is apparently going to sign for them in the summer - a fee was agreed. They agreed a fee for Ross Stewart but Main refused to move on loan to Killie resulting in the move breaking down. Sounds like Ross Stewart would have chosen the sheep over the Hibs. They actually spent quite a bit on fees in January: Kennedy, Gallagher, Hernandez. McGeough will also been on a decent wage (reported to be the biggest paid player now).

What happened to the bids for McKenna and Cosgrove?

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

They’re losing him for nothing in June so they are definitely prepared to lose money....they are willing to pay a guy they don’t want his full salary instead of taking a fee and paying no salary. 

It’s probably a swing of around £150k they’ve sacrificed.

So if a players contract is running out a club is just to accept any bid for him Cmon eh 😂, they wanted a higher percentage of his wages to be paid we refused, we then offered a fee for him they knocked it back, by your method we should of sold Patterson for any offer when his contract was running out, and the same goes with walker, football doesn't work like that. 

I've explained all this in a earlier post and yet some are finding it hard to grasp. 

The problem being now yes he could sign a pre contract with us, but more than likely him and his agent will know that he is more than likely to get decent offers from others clubs down south.

Which in that case would make it hard 

for us to compete wages wise. 

The bottom line of it is Barnsley were trying to play hardball,  and my own opinion of it is i can't understand them wanting to hold on to a player that is not happy there. 

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Wasn't overly keen on Gordon coming back myself but after yesterday maybe we've missed a trick. He might be able to kick the ball long but basic goalkeeping ability is severely lacking. Joel is not the answer. 

I was exactly of the same opinion as yourself re Gordon and thought we could get away with spending another wage on a goalie. But again yesterday he is costing us points and was lucky not to lose more goals. His distribution is top notch but it’s like playing with a defender in goals, he just never makes any decent saves. Gordon for his faults at not coming for the ball at corners and not as good with the ball at his feet ( in my opinion) would I think have saved the first two goals yesterday. 

HardcoreJambo
6 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Paul Bernard for 1 million back in 95'.

They appear to be willing to part with their cash now they have the American backers. Apparently Hernandez cost them 800k. Thats why McInnes didn't want to pursue Stephen O'Donnell. He honestly looks terrible from the highlights of him on Youtube. Also some of the Aberdeen fans 'ITK' are claiming they nearly signed a South American attacking Midfielder who is "more than creative" and is apparently going to sign for them in the summer - a fee was agreed. They agreed a fee for Ross Stewart but Main refused to move on loan to Killie resulting in the move breaking down. Sounds like Ross Stewart would have chosen the sheep over the Hibs. They actually spent quite a bit on fees in January: Kennedy, Gallagher, Hernandez. McGeough will also been on a decent wage (reported to be the biggest paid player now).

Rumoured they've spent over 1 million alone on transfer fees this past window. Sounds like Cormack wants to invest into the first team squad. I suspect they'll sell McKenna and Cosgrove in the summer. Just not for the 6 million price tag lol! Maybe 6 million combined for the pair of them.

I'm pleased with what we did. Delighted with Boyce and look forward to the contributions of Langer. Wish we'd strengthened the man between the sticks. Yesterday's defensive debacle was embarrassing.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, kila said:

Wonder if Doyle not moving on didn't help things.

Hopefully we can get Adam Davies in the summer with Gordon as backup.

Where did the Adam Davies coming in come from @kila? Or is it just a personal wish?

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So if a players contract is running out a club is just to accept any bid for him Cmon eh 😂, they wanted a higher percentage of his wages to be paid we refused, we then offered a fee for him they knocked it back, by your method we should of sold Patterson for any offer when his contract was running out, and the same goes with walker, football doesn't work like that. 

I've explained all this in a earlier post and yet some are finding it hard to grasp. 

The problem being now yes he could sign a pre contract with us, but more than likely him and his agent will know that he is more than likely to get decent offers from others clubs down south.

The bottom line of it is Barnsley were trying to play hardball,  and my own opinion of it is i can't understand them wanting to hold on to a player that is not happy there. 

Any chance of us looking at free agents mate?

12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I don't really get it.  They may have paid a million but they'll lose him for nothing at the end of June.  It would only make sense if he was playing regularly for Barnsley.

PS.  Very much appreciate all your info.

Do you remember Callum Patterson? During the transfer window in 2016 we knocked back bids from West Ham and Cardiff the offers were 400k and 500k, we valued him at way more than what clubs were trying to get him for 

Callum Paterson: Hearts right-back sidelined for six to nine months

_60193978_brian1.jpg

By Brian McLauchlin

BBC Scotland

Sharethis page
Hearts defender Callum Paterson is carried off on a stretcher
Hearts defender Callum Paterson was carried off early against Kilmarnock

Hearts and Scotland right-back Callum Paterson is facing a lay-off of between six and 10 months after a scan showed serious damage to his left knee.

Paterson was injured in Tuesday's 4-0 win over Kilmarnock at Tynecastle.

The 22-year-old was taken off on a stretcher after 15 minutes, shortly after scoring his side's opening goal.

Paterson, who is out of contract this summer, said on Twitter: "Absolutely gutted with the scan results. But these things happen in life. I will be back."

The defender, capped five times for Scotland, looked certain to move to England either in January or at the end of the season.

Hearts director of football Craig Levein said earlier this month the club would only consider selling Paterson for a "seven-figure sum".

Should the Scotland international leave Tynecastle in the summer, Hearts would be due a development fee of around £450,000.

But that fee will not apply to any cross-border move after Paterson turns 23 in October.

Hearts head coach Ian Cathro told the club's website: "It's a bad one for Callum and everyone here is gutted for him.

"There was real concern for him last night and unfortunately that concern has been compounded with the news that he could be out for up to 10 months.

"Callum's a top-class player and we'll miss him in the first team, but we now have to look to those within the squad to step up and fill the void.

"We'll help Callum as much as we can though this difficult time."

The loss of Paterson, who is Hearts' joint top scorer this season with 10 goals, will also be felt by Scotland head coach Gordon Strachan.

Aston Villa's Alan Hutton retired from international football in October soon after being displaced as Strachan's first choice.

Head coach Ian Cathro, speaking before he learned the results of the scan, said: "He has been here since he was 16 and has grown into a good level footballer.

"He has grown into a strong man, a strong character and an important personality for everybody here. I couldn't speak more positively of him in the short period of time I have worked with him."

It is not the first time Paterson has had injury problems to contend with.

He suffered a shoulder ligament injury in a win over Kilmarnock in February that kept him out of action for nearly two months.

Paterson required surgery to repair medial ligament damage in his left knee, sustained in a Challenge Cup win over Annan Athletic in July 2014, that also ruled him out for two months.

In February 2013, he tore a ligament in his foot during training that kept him out for the remainder of the season.

image.gif.f2f36a8b1d2d3cef520c3f6c16262bda.gif
Ian Cathro (left) already expected to make signings during January

Cathro said Paterson will recover from his latest setback and continue to progress his career.

"Callum will be able to achieve what he wants to achieve in the game," he said. "Irrespective of whether there is good or bad news, he will be able to go to those places.

"If there is a road bump, he will deal with that and have support to deal with that."

Head coach Cathro said he "expects to do some business" in January as he bids to "evolve the squad in how it is balanced and find players that can improve us".

That is likely to include some players who have not featured in the first four games of his tenure leaving Tynecastle.

"We would be supportive of players looking at opportunities which involved them being able to play, if the opportunities are limited here," he added.

There was better news for Hearts on midfielder Don Cowie, who was carried off with a neck injury and taken to hospital during a 3-2 defeat by Dundee last Friday.

However, he could face Aberdeen on Friday having recovered from the injury and a subsequent illness.

Just a small example at how these things can go although there has been many others, from various clubs the only difference is we ended up getting a development fee for paterson, which was nowhere near his valuation. 

I said that we needed to find an out and out centre-back during the window and watching the game by stream yesterday, felt that someone solid back there would've made a difference. Really wish we'd got Jimmy Dunne back. Never put a foot wrong and he was disappointed to leave when his loan was up. Tall, physical, reads a game well and you felt confident anytime the ball went near him, unlike his replacement loan...Shaughnessy. Sure he said that he hopes he can come to Hearts sometime as a permanent player. Right now I'm just hoping that there is a good centre-half somewhere without a club. Stendel has us finding the net now which we struggled with before but we should be concerned about counter attacking players bearing down on goal, especially with the useless Pereira in goal. Rangers did it a few times last week, St Johnstone countered well  as well. I'm thinking Boyle at Hibs could have a field day against us in a few weeks. We are still able to bring in an unattached defender and I feel it's needed. If not, we're going to lose stupid goals a lot more often and it's going to cost us very vital points in the run-in.

6 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

Rumoured they've spent over 1 million alone on transfer fees this past window. Sounds like Cormack wants to invest into the first team squad. I suspect they'll sell McKenna and Cosgrove in the summer. Just not for the 6 million price tag lol! Maybe 6 million combined for the pair of them.

I'm pleased with what we did. Delighted with Boyce and look forward to the contributions of Langer. Wish we'd strengthened the man between the sticks. Yesterday's defensive debacle was embarrassing.

They apparently agreed to pay 250k for Ross Stewart! Hibs were willing to match it!

That and pay a hefty fee for this other unnamed South American. Way over a million potentially spent on fees. Did they forget what happened the last time they tried to compete with the Old Firm. They nearly went bust!

Like you said, we beat them to Boyce and so far he's been doing the business.

HardcoreJambo
1 minute ago, RasberryJam said:

They apparently agreed to pay 250k for Ross Stewart! Hibs were willing to match it!

That and pay a hefty fee for this other unnamed South American. Way over a million potentially spent on fees. Did they forget what happened the last time they tried to compete with the Old Firm. They nearly went bust!

Like you said, we beat them to Boyce and so far he's been doing the business.

Its utter madness. The best they can hope for is third. Whats the point in spending that much cash for a bronze medal. I read on Aberdeen Mad there wage budget has increased by 2 million comparative to this time last year. That canna be true.

Jamie walker for another example rangers come in with a lowball offer we knocked it back, now walker had been dropped and his head turned according to people on here and the media, the attitude wasn't ah let's just sell him at any price no as the million dollar man says everybody has a price 👍.

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Where did the Adam Davies coming in come from @kila? Or is it just a personal wish?

Personal wish but he was Stendel's keeper at Barnsley and sold in the summer to Stoke prior to O'Neill arriving, doubt he is happy at being backup. Reckon he'll be on the move in the summer regardless of any interest from Hearts.

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I agree with your final line but you seem to be agreeing with others who say it doesn't make much sense (from a Barnley pov).

A better analogy would be Berra, or Wighton.  If we'd sold Patterson at that time then we'd be selling our best player, first choice RB and top scorer.  There is a massive difference between losing a player you want to keep and keeping a player you want to lose.

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You said they weren’t willing to lose money.

They wanted us to pay X towards his salary for the remainder of his contract so were clearly willing to lose that initial investment.

We then offer an even better deal which gives them a fee and no further salary commitment from them.

It doesn’t make much sense other than Barnsley being awkward. They’ve cut off their nose to spite their face imo.

Edited by DH1986

Think Barnsley only do deals that will give them profit, as in Sibbick on loan to us benefits them either by selling him on or by getting a player back in the summer that’s been playing regularly. Thiam getting loaned to us doesn’t give them profit, nor does a small cash offer (doubt we offered six figures and if we did it would be low end).

Can’t help think us signing Tonge might’ve soured the relationship again, not sure if their dispute was sorted or not.

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I agree with your final line but you seem to be agreeing with others who say it doesn't make much sense (from a Barnley pov).

A better analogy would be Berra, or Wighton.  If we'd sold Patterson at that time then we'd be selling our best player, first choice RB and top scorer.  There is a massive difference between losing a player you want to keep and keeping a player you want to lose.

The bottom line of it is mate my opinion or yours doesn't hold weight I see it from both sides, but the fact of the matter is he is contracted to Barnsley we have made two offers for him which obviously doesn't meet their valuation.

And also I've gave other examples which you can see 👍

14 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

They wanted us to pay X towards his salary for the remainder of his contract so were clearly willing to lose that initial investment.

We then offer an even better deal which gives them a fee and no further salary commitment from them.

It doesn’t make much sense other than Barnsley being awkward. They’ve cut off their nose to spite their face imo.

At the end of the day mate there's many way's you can look at it, but he is under contract to Barnsley and it's us that is making enquiries about him wanting there player, and I know it may not sound right but if u look at an earlier post I made, regarding a player that we approached them for, you will then see what we are dealing with cheers Bongo 1874 👍🇱🇻

Edited by Bongo 1874

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Pereira is shit but I'm still happy we didn't sign Gordon. We're not a feckin retirement home for has beens. 

I'm in sort of two minds here. 

I totally agree on the retirement home argument. We're not here for you to come when you're finished. A romantic return or whatevever means nothing if he's waited till he's got about a season of total decline ahead. 

Had Gordon not signed the extension back in 2017, he'd have been able to join us in 2018. I'm not begrudging him that, but that was the opportunity cost. He's now too old. We need to be looking to the future and bringing in guys that can do exactly what DS needs them to do. In the summer we will have a lot more options than in January so I'd be surprised to see us go for him then as for example Radlinger would be available who is a DS player. 

On the flip side, he's not going to be terrible and we might get a couple of seasons, maybe more from him. GK's can play longer so its really an unknown how long he could last for. He's a jambo too so having that return could be special for everyone. Lets not forget him forgoing his part of the Sunderland transfer and FOH donations.

I think as number 2/ coach there could be something to work out. But I'd be very hesitant as our first choice. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will add to this 

They paid 1 million for him 👍.  I don't know if you understand but Hearts got Boyce at a steal for 150k, and not every club is prepared to lose a large amount of money, and even more so if they have paid decent money for him, for instance in this window we got three offers for Hickey and we knocked everyone of them back. Although we didn't pay for him and he is a product of the academy. Albeit Celtic as well. 

Not sure I get your point. Seems his contract is up in the summer when he will walk away for nothing unless they offer him a new deal. 
if so their choice was a) keep paying all his ages until end June and he leaves for nothing or b) take a notional fee from Hearts and give him a fraction of his contracted wages as a pay-off. Strange that they didn’t go for option b). What am I missing? 

53 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So it wasn’t Barnsley that stopped him coming to us, it was the player and his agent. Different to your original post. 

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, kila said:

Personal wish but he was Stendel's keeper at Barnsley and sold in the summer to Stoke prior to O'Neill arriving, doubt he is happy at being backup. Reckon he'll be on the move in the summer regardless of any interest from Hearts.

Fair enough. Looks decent.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

So it wasn’t Barnsley that stopped him coming to us, it was the player and his agent. Different to your original post. 

Nothing to do with the player and agent Barnsley either accept what we are offering or they don't?. 

22 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Or the player and agent knowing they will get a much better deal from another club come the summer. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nothing to do with the player and agent Barnsley either accept what we are offering or they don't?. 

Yes, but we are trying to understand why they knocked back offers that must have been attractive financially. 

Yes, but we are trying to understand why they knocked back offers that must have been attractive financially. 

What are you talking about the agent and player don't accept offers it's the club he is contracted to if he is going out on loan or being sold. 

19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The bottom line of it is mate my opinion or yours doesn't hold weight I see it from both sides, but the fact of the matter is he is contracted to Barnsley we have made two offers for him which obviously doesn't meet their valuation.

I think there is just a bit of crossed wires in terms of the reaction you are getting.  Most people (including you) cannot understand Barnsley's actions on this.

I don't find it unbelievable as it is a bit of a game of poker.  But I don't think Barnsley played their hand very well.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Look mate I put up information in regards transfers etc etc whether you or anybody else take it as 100% gospel or not, that's up to you what I do know is i have been proven to be right on many occasions so I will just leave it at that mate. 

Thankyou for your correspondence Cheers Bongo 1874👍

1 minute ago, WageThief said:

I think there is just a bit of crossed wires in terms of the reaction you are getting.  Most people (including you) cannot understand Barnsley's actions on this.

I don't find it unbelievable as it is a bit of a game of poker.  But I don't think Barnsley played their hand very well.

👍

36 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Think Barnsley only do deals that will give them profit, as in Sibbick on loan to us benefits them either by selling him on or by getting a player back in the summer that’s been playing regularly. Thiam getting loaned to us doesn’t give them profit, nor does a small cash offer (doubt we offered six figures and if we did it would be low end).

Can’t help think us signing Tonge might’ve soured the relationship again, not sure if their dispute was sorted or not.

👍👏

They paid 1 million for him 👍

Not sure what difference that makes. From what I can gather he is not part of Struber's plans and is out of contract at the end of ther season 30 June.

Are they likely to offer him another deal ? He can sign a pre contract with any club now.

25 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm in sort of two minds here. 

I totally agree on the retirement home argument. We're not here for you to come when you're finished. A romantic return or whatevever means nothing if he's waited till he's got about a season of total decline ahead. 

Had Gordon not signed the extension back in 2017, he'd have been able to join us in 2018. I'm not begrudging him that, but that was the opportunity cost. He's now too old. We need to be looking to the future and bringing in guys that can do exactly what DS needs them to do. In the summer we will have a lot more options than in January so I'd be surprised to see us go for him then as for example Radlinger would be available who is a DS player. 

On the flip side, he's not going to be terrible and we might get a couple of seasons, maybe more from him. GK's can play longer so its really an unknown how long he could last for. He's a jambo too so having that return could be special for everyone. Lets not forget him forgoing his part of the Sunderland transfer and FOH donations.

I think as number 2/ coach there could be something to work out. But I'd be very hesitant as our first choice. 

Gordon would be nothing more than a short term sticking plaster. We couldn't even guarantee that he'd be fit enough to play. He'd have been a waste of a jersey and money. 

I've got no doubt Stendel and Sievers will be on the case looking for 2 keepers in the summer. 

Just now, wavydavy said:

Not sure what difference that makes. From what I can gather he is not part of Struber's plans and is out of contract at the end of ther season 30 June.

Are they likely to offer him another deal ? He can sign a pre contract with any club now.

see above at what I have written to other posters please 👍

Cheers Bongo 1874.

13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What are you talking about the agent and player don't accept offers it's the club he is contracted to if he is going out on loan or being sold. 

I’d say it’s you who is talking nonsense. Why didnt Barnsley take a fee and most if not all his remaining wages off the payroll rather than keep him on, pay him full salary until summer and then watch him walk away for nothing?  

My point was that the player and his agent also have to agree to a move. If he already has a deal lined up for summer, when he is free agent, he will choose to stay at Barnsley, out of harms way in the reserves, rather than coming up here for 12 weeks and risking injury.  

I’d say it’s you who is talking nonsense. Why didnt Barnsley take a fee and most if not all his remaining wages off the payroll rather than keep him on, pay him full salary until summer and then watch him walk away for nothing?  

My point was that the player and his agent also have to agree to a move. If he already has a deal lined up for summer, when he is free agent, he will choose to stay at Barnsley, out of harms way in the reserves, rather than coming up here for 12 weeks and risking injury.  

Believe what you want mate 👍  as I say every player has a valuation and unless it's met he goes nowhere. 

Not any different from us with paterson or walker, or Souttar or Hickey 

The fact of the matter is they have a valuation we either meet it or we don't, which isn't any different from us if we put a valuation on a player and his contract is running out. 

Cheers mate Bongo 1874.

Will add to this 

They paid 1 million for him 👍.  I don't know if you understand but Hearts got Boyce at a steal for 150k, and not every club is prepared to lose a large amount of money, and even more so if they have paid decent money for him, for instance in this window we got three offers for Hickey and we knocked everyone of them back. Although we didn't pay for him and he is a product of the academy. Albeit Celtic as well. 

I think you are being a bit condescending in your comments about us signing Boyce.

I think every Hearts fan is well aware of how good a signing he is for us and the fact Burton allowed him to leave for the reported fee is their problem.

The difference between him and Thiam is that Boyce was playing and scoring regularly for them unlike Thiam.

Your theory about not every club is prepared to lose large amounts of money doesn't make sense to me as Barnsley could have had some return on a player they would appear to be losing in June this year unless they are prepapring to make him another offer.

You comparison with Hickey doesn't match like with like as he is contracted to us until May 2021.

Look I'm not trying to have a fight with you on this just putting my point of view over which obviously differs to your on this topic.

I do however very much appreciate the information that you have been giving us on here about the goings on re signings etc.

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Believe what you want mate 👍  as I say every player has a valuation and unless it's met he goes nowhere. 

Not any different from us with paterson or walker, or Souttar or Hickey 

The fact of the matter is they have a valuation we either meet it or we don't, which isn't any different from us if we put a valuation on a player and his contract is running out. 

Cheers mate Bongo 1874.

That’s just nonsense economics and I don’t believe that was the reason we didn’t get him. We will know come summer. 
👍

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think you are being a bit condescending in your comments about us signing Boyce.

I think every Hearts fan is well aware of how good a signing he is for us and the fact Burton allowed him to leave for the reported fee is their problem.

The difference between him and Thiam is that Boyce was playing and scoring regularly for them unlike Thiam.

Your theory about not every club is prepared to lose large amounts of money doesn't make sense to me as Barnsley could have had some return on a player they would appear to be losing in June this year unless they are prepapring to make him another offer.

You comparison with Hickey doesn't match like with like as he is contracted to us until May 2021.

Look I'm not trying to have a fight with you on this just putting my point of view over which obviously differs to your on this topic.

I do however very much appreciate the information that you have been giving us on here about the goings on re signings etc.

Agreed, if Bongo is correct then Barnsley’s owners/finance folk are clowns. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Pereira is shit but I'm still happy we didn't sign Gordon. We're not a feckin retirement home for has beens. 

Regardless of the age he’s still 5x the keeper Pereira will ever be.

Pereira is going to cost us more points than save them.

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I just had a look at the Celtic team that beat Hamilton 1 - 4 today and see that Bain was on the bench and not Gordon.

Just now, Chaps said:

He is but that's not the point. 

A very costly short term solution to a long term problem.

Do you believe we would have got him on a free transfer from Celtic, on a 4 month deal, for a couple of grand a week?

Not a chance. 

I can't see why we would want to saddle ourselves with a past it, injury prone, 37 year old, on thousands a week, for 1 and half, 2-3 years? 

He wasn't worth it. We need a long term solution not an expensive sticking plaster. 

We'll have to just go with what we have until the summer and then perhaps we will finally get it sorted. 

As long as Bobby sticks to his 6 yard box, we might be OK. 

Or see what young Harry Stone is made of. 

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I just had a look at the Celtic team that beat Hamilton 1 - 4 today and see that Bain was on the bench and not Gordon.

Lennon said Gordon has an injury.

They must have known Bain was back from injury - still want 3 keepers it seems. 

Edited by Mikey1874

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He is but that's not the point. 

A very costly short term solution to a long term problem.

Do you believe we would have got him on a free transfer from Celtic, on a 4 month deal, for a couple of grand a week?

Not a chance. 

I can't see why we would want to saddle ourselves with a past it, injury prone, 37 year old, on thousands a week, for 1 and half, 2-3 years? 

He wasn't worth it. We need a long term solution not an expensive sticking plaster. 

We'll have to just go with what we have until the summer and then perhaps we will finally get it sorted. 

As long as Bobby sticks to his 6 yard box, we might be OK. 

Or see what young Harry Stone is made of. 

not as costly as getting relegated.. we would have won that game yesterday with Gordon in goals

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Good point especially when the guy is out of contract in the summer as far as I am aware. Would they not want to get some cash for him especially if he is not playing on a regular basis.

Maybe they are just being awkward because of the original issues with DS and his staff.

Which has always been weird because they sacked DS!