The January Transfer Window Super Thread

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Various sources making noises that the transfer activity is far from over at Tynecastle. Exciting if true

At first glance yeah,  but there's a danger you end up with a team of strangers. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

At first glance yeah,  but there's a danger you end up with a team of strangers. 

Regardless, the team have looked like strangers for over a year. We desperately need a creative CM and a keeper before the window shuts imo 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Regardless, the team have looked like strangers for over a year. We desperately need a creative CM and a keeper before the window shuts imo 

Yeah agree with all of that. Fingers crossed we get a tune out of those arriving quickly 

From Brian McLauchlin on BBC

I'm also told the movements at Tynecastle are not over. The window closes on Friday night and I would expect much movement both in and out before then.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Apparently we have enquired about a player from Arminia Bielefeld. Patrick Wehrauch on a loan and was on his list for Barnsley. 

Decent pedigree and experiance in competitive leagues and not getting a game for Arminia Bielefeld after an injury.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

From Brian McLauchlin on BBC

I'm also told the movements at Tynecastle are not over. The window closes on Friday night and I would expect much movement both in and out before then.

I'd guess Uche Berra and Maclean possibly White to disappear,  Doyle contract release possibly if he can find something. 

2 midfield players and a keeper would satisfy me the other way 

18 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Just heard that we’re making enquires with a German CM currently who plays for Hannover 96!  
Contract expires in June so we’re trying to see if there’s possibilities of a move now

Name I was given was Marc Stendera

Anyone heard similar 

Shame this was ruled out but love the passion 😁

13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

John Thomas all over the length chat again!!!

Indeed , I'm sure girth will pop up again too

Edited by johnthomas

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I'd guess Uche Berra and Maclean possibly White to disappear,  Doyle contract release possibly if he can find something. 

would like to see that too, I reckon Damour seems more out of favour than MacLean though

21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Gorgie rules,  gotta love it :lol:

This is what you want to hear. No “shop window” or “stepping stone” This

Just now, BigAlim said:

would like to see that too, I reckon Damour seems more out of favour than MacLean though

Going to be hard to shift. 

BonningtonJambo
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

100% was sick of players arriving and immediately talking about moves to england.

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Almost impossible I imagine, 4 year deal ffs

If he still wants a football career, he will have to move.

He won't sit on a contract not playing

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Over 3 years,  going to be hard shifting on

12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Haha I literally just posted this on a whatsapp chat along with the 'great facilities' cliche. Boyce seems buzzing to be here, so does Donis, its refreshing to see for sure.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Over 3 years,  going to be hard shifting on

If he doesn’t move his career is over.  There were other clubs after him when we signed so I’d expect him to move next week. 

I was hoping Stendel might be able to get the "best" out of Damour 😐.

I was happy enough when he signed, really thought he would give us that energy and grit in midfield.

Oh well 

SomethingAboutObua
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think we’ll get a bid for Uche and take it, I want White to go he’s an injury waiting to happen unfortunately imo. Seen a few folk here say Stendel likes MacLean but personally i think we should offer him to St Johnstone to snap up.  

Had a dream Damour got released, don’t see why we’d Keep him in the real world either 

13 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

I was happy enough when he signed, really thought he would give us that energy and grit in midfield.

Oh well 

If Damour is to go anywhere I think it may suit both player and us if it’s on loan. He spent last season in the reserves for Cardiff so maybe if he spent half a season playing first team football elsewhere then he could come back in the summer with a fresh look. Problem is ideally you’d like him to play in the same league and anyone who would take him are relegation rivals at the moment so may be league 1 or 2 in England or lower leagues in France.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he doesn’t move his career is over.  There were other clubs after him when we signed so I’d expect him to move next week. 

14 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

Oh well 

13 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I think we’ll get a bid for Uche and take it, I want White to go he’s an injury waiting to happen unfortunately imo. Seen a few folk here say Stendel likes MacLean but personally i think we should offer him to St Johnstone to snap up.  

Had a dream Damour got released, don’t see why we’d Keep him in the real world either 

Real disappointment Damour. 

I thought he would improve for Stendel,  but if it works for both parties not going to be concerned if he departs 

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If Damour is to go anywhere I think it may suit both player and us if it’s on loan. He spent last season in the reserves for Cardiff so maybe if he spent half a season playing first team football elsewhere then he could come back in the summer with a fresh look. Problem is ideally you’d like him to play in the same league and anyone who would take him are relegation rivals at the moment so may be league 1 or 2 in England or lower leagues in France.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I thought he would improve for Stendel,  but if it works for both parties not going to be concerned if he departs 

Here's hoping we can work something out that either he improves or off the wage bill.

Last thing we want is unhappy senior pro kicking about

36 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cheers, Daza. (Brian).

Brian McLaughlin doesnt have a clue ;)

14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Are we talking transfers or fan reactions to Boyce?

Both.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You would think a French club would be interested in him

Tom Hardy’s Dug

other teams wanted him Before - I’m sure Damour will get at least a loan down south or France if he wants one

he’s clearly not a bad player but hasn’t adjusted well to the speed of the league up here - he’s improved a bit under Stendel but he doesn’t have the quickest of footballing brains.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

56 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Anything else today?

Not today mate, next week will be a busy end to the transfer window anyway 😉👍

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not today mate, next week will be a busy end to the transfer window anyway 😉👍

Any further information you can give us bongo? 

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, chefjambo said:

Mclean having talks with Dunfermline this afternoon . 

hooefully part of a deal for nisbett.. throw in a loan deal for berra.. 

Could do with a bit more quality in central midfield and not convinced by any of our keepers. Would be an excellent window if we brought 2 quality players into those positions.

Like everyone on here, I'm delighted we got Boyce, didn't think we would !

But we really need a creative midfielder. Been needing one for years.

jamboinglasgow
44 minutes ago, chefjambo said:

Mclean having talks with Dunfermline this afternoon . 

Would make sense for him to move there. Think he would do well at Dunfermline. If he and Uche go, I can see us bringing in another striker.

Just in the door and seen Boyce has signed on the dotted line ya dancer 

Hospitality for me the morn as well 😁, a win against them tommorow would lift this entire club. Been a long time since we had the feel good factor around the place I see changes happening we just need a run of wins now 

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would make sense for him to move there. Think he would do well at Dunfermline. If he and Uche go, I can see us bringing in another striker.

Natural fit, pretty sure he lived in the area when Dunfermline Abbey was being built 

22 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

Any further information you can give us bongo? 

A lot depends on whether we can move players on, but I'm hearing if we can get players out the door between 2/4 players coming in. 

Like Daza has said more to come, that would put us up to 5 for this window, but I'm hearing if we can ship players out definitely more to come in. 

2 more is definitely the target for now with the view of getting players out, and freeing up wages to get 2 more on top of the orignal target. 

Still targeting pre contracts for the summer, incase the deadwood that isn't required doesn't move on. 

Positions we are targeting for the two they definitely want in just now are, another wide/creative player,and a central midfield player, Sibbick can play a variety of positions so gives us cover. 

As we all know though plans can change 👍🇱🇻

If Berra leaves they will try to get a centre half in, and just to be greedy if both Uche and McLean leave, one more striker will be targeted 👍🇱🇻

A lot could depend on players moving out. 

Stendel is still wanting a keeper but may have to wait until the summer to get one😉

Before anyone has a go not everything comes off plans change cheers. 

As I said earlier I will tell everyone about the goalkeeper situation, and a players name Stendel put forward while he was at Barnsley but didn't come off, but ended up bringing in tried and trusted Radlinger, the name was also mentioned at us but nothing came to it so far later on. 

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Don't disagree but managers like him . Levein and Stendel 

Levein I can understand as he is a useless manager anyway but Stendel? Possibly had no other options and now that Boyce is here, he will get rid 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A lot depends on whether we can move players on, but I'm hearing if we can get players out the door between 2/4 players coming in. 

Like Daza has said more to come, that would put us up to 5 for this window, but I'm hearing if we can ship players out definitely more to come in. 

2 more is definitely the target for now with the view of getting players out, and freeing up wages to get 2 more on top of the orignal target. 

Still targeting pre contracts for the summer, incase the deadwood that isn't required doesn't move on. 

Positions we are targeting for the two they definitely want in just now are, another wide/creative player,and a central midfield player, Sibbick can play a variety of positions so gives us cover. 

If Berra leaves they will try to get a centre half in, and just to be greedy if both Uche and McLean leave, one more striker will be targeted 👍🇱🇻

Stendel is still wanting a keeper but may have to wait until the summer to get one😉

As I said earlier I will tell everyone about the goalkeeper situation, and a players name Stendel put forward while he was at Barnsley but didn't come off, but ended up bringing in tried and trusted Radlinger, the name was also mentioned at us but nothing came to it so far later on. 

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Thanks for the update. 

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

I was told last summer that we were closely watching Kieran Bowie at Raith and may even have put something in place in order to get first dibs on him. Think we waited to see how he developed this season. That’s 10 goals in 26 appearances for him now. Not bad for a 17 year old 👍🏻

Takeshi kovac
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Great update

Center mid is a must , think the next week is gonna be busy

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cheers Bongo 1874👍🇱🇻

Thanks Bongo very much appreciated.

Patrick Weihrauch & Marc Stendera are interesting names but both are attacking players and I don't know if we require many more in those areas. If we are, Jamie Walker will be way way down the pecking order. 

I'd have suspected that Centerhalf and Central Midfield were the two areas needing strengthening. 

Obviously we need a quality keeper but that's a difficult position to find in January but no doubt we'll be looking.