Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• Weakened Offender

• Henrysmithstaxi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We trip to India could be on the cards for him.

Ideal for his remaining career but long commute to wife and kids who wouldn’t move to Edinburgh. 

13 hours ago, Bozi said:

Cant believe we tried so hard to get him  jas looked disinterested and not the model pro we had hoped for 

Another successful signing in a long line from the stats man?? still recovering from Arron "backtrack" hughes TBH!!

15 minutes ago, 2205ian said:

BBC reporting DS "Whelan not involved vs Sheep"

"We are talking to him", looks like he is offski

mind the door doesn't hit your arse on the way out - Contributed very little lets face it in a tragic midfield

Another of  McFrauds members of the bideawee retirement home for has been footballers,AKA Heart of Midlothian fc.

Edited by jamboozy

Agreed that he has been disappointing but Whelan is one of the few players in the squad with enough quality to get us out of this mess. For example, I doubt he would have gifted Hibs a goal the way Damour did. There are plenty of others in front in him for the exit door.

Part time footballer on full time wages. Someone who only works half the week is not the type we need in this mess. Embarrassing how levein has agreed such an easy schedule for a highly paid player.

Does Naismith still only train part time ?

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Part time footballer on full time wages. Someone who only works half the week is not the type we need in this mess. Embarrassing how levein has agreed such an easy schedule for a highly paid player.

Would be hard to tell with naismith  as hes bern either injured or just back from injury  most of the season 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Naismith is allowed to spend most of the time in Ayrshire 'training' 

Not hard to recall the footballing sages who told us he would piss this league and having a real go at anyone questioning signing another mid 30 something. I have a suspicion that this is the chat the club were giving to the likes of him and Damour when they were negotiating as well. Another complete waste of money. 

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

And we all work as hard "working from home" as we do with the boss watching 

Stendel must be wondering how two of his senior pros have been allowed to not train full time.

Mental decisions that I will expect he will rectify ASAP.

BRAVEHEART1874

Our midfeild was pretty gash before but these two,

1 Whelan and 2 Damour were brought in and meant to improve this. 

But now 1 is not playing and 2 should not be playing ;)

Can Dikamona not slot in there as he surely cant give a pen from the half way line and he cant be any worse than Bozniac 

Ernie Eskilsson
6 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Would far rather we replace him with someone who wants to be here. His performances have dropped more than anyone's in the last month or so.

He definitely has more ability than Bozanic and Damour but will great free up his wage and bring someone fresh in.

I’d be happy with that but finding a better alternative will not be easy and we can’t just cancel his contract...

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Makes sense

Makes total sense. If true then most would take Whelans position tbh.

No idea if true tho.

14 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

No idea if true tho.

Not me. Manager is the boss. Whelan is underperforming and doesn’t like being put right. If his nose is out of joint he can GTF same with any of them who think this run of results is anywhere near good enough. 

21 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

No idea if true  and Naismiththo.

Nor me. Very disappointed in the casual attitude shown towards Whelan and Naismith by Levine if true. I was puzzled when Naismith appeared at Hamilton after not training with the team all week. The club has been run to convenience the players. Why am I not surprised? One can only reap what is sown. Stendal has taken over a total shambles and we need to help him by giving our support.

4 hours ago, Longshanks said:

some of things I read about the way things are being run totally disgust me. I like many others have placed too much faith in Budge, someone really needs to get their hands on the tiller and sharpish.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Nor me. Very disappointed in the casual attitude shown towards Whelan and Naismith by Levine if true. I was puzzled when Naismith appeared at Hamilton after not training with the team all week. The club has been run to convenience the players. Why am I not surprised? One can only reap what is sown. Stendal has taken over a total shambles and we need to help him by giving our support.

I think we had to make some allowances to be able to sign players of the quality of Naismith and Whelan. Whelan, remember, was only signed as a stop gap when it became clear Haring would be out longer.

Stendel, rightly, knows he needs everyone fully committed so may not honour those commitments if he feels they have a negative impact on the squad. To be fair Naismith always really seemed to want to be here as well as saying playing for us helped his Scotland ambitions, and Naismith has played very well and has been fully committed in almost every game for us, but Whelan very clearly had Ireland as his priority from the start. I still think he looked committed though. If it's true he and Naismith are allowed to train part-time, then I can see how Stendel would want to put a stop to that and I don't see how either player could complain. 

New managers do things differently. They're both experienced enough to know that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Totally agree re Whelan. A panic buy from Levein, who'd previously told us midfielders weren't needed (despite being blindingly obvious to the fans that midfield was weak). 

6 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Levein ran the "football Department" like his own private club.

What a pile of sh1te he's left DS to fix.

2 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

I’d be happy with that but finding a better alternative will not be easy and we can’t just cancel his contract...

He will want to play and spend more time with his family so I would be very surprised if he didn't want to just cancel his contract. Will comfortably be able to get a deal in England in January.

pettigrewsstylist
37 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Agreed. Leveins regime oddities continue to influence. However if, as reported, i or you agree a contract arrangement with line mgr which includes a work from home regime and it all changes with mgmt changes 6 mths later im entitled to say, substantial change, thanks, but  not for me.

The performance element is a completely seperate issue.

Stendel has no choice but to froth this to the surface tho. Hope he is doing same with Naismith but 4yr contract requires a different approach to Whelan i imagine.

27 minutes ago, stotty said:

Totally agree re Whelan. A panic buy from Levein, who'd previously told us midfielders weren't needed (despite being blindingly obvious to the fans that midfield was weak). 

This all goes back to the situation in the summer with waiting around on djoum contract position and haring injury mismanagement.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

This all goes back to the situation in the summer with waiting around on djoum contract position and haring injury mismanagement.

Was just thinking exactly that. Another unforced drama basically.

On 26/12/2019 at 15:15, jack D and coke said:

I’ve got the feeling Stendel will have one of the shortest reigns as manager in our history. 
Something isn’t right at all. 

No. Modern players cant take an ear bashing. One bit of criticism from a manger and they are on the phone to their agents begging them to get them a move. Managers always get the blame whilst players get the easy ride and yet players take the least personal responsibility the most. Most have no shame. 

48 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Naismith trained with the reserves in the build up  to the Hamilton game on the Thursday then the 1st team  on the fFriday

It’s becoming more and more apparent that these players were given a very cosy environment by Levein and co, Stendels took charge and asked them to come in every day and work hard and they’re throwing their toys out the pram

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

It’s becoming more and more apparent that these players were given a very cosy environment by Levein and co, Stendels took charge and asked them to come in every day and work hard and they’re throwing their toys out the pram

Maybe..or maybe not.  There's not a lot of evidenced facts on this thread. 😃

Allowayjambo1874
51 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

I think you have to look at it from a different perspective.

Naismith and Whelan are probably out of our league financially, both would have been on higher wages prior to joining us. To entice them in I am guessing we had to use different tactics, in this case a more flexible training regime. 

Im not defending the decision but just trying to work out why we would do it. In Naismith’s case his influence last season would indicate this was a worthwhile thing to do, Whelan however was hardly ever going to be as influential and I don’t really know why CL pursued him so much. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Their performance as a group is evidence enough I reckon, lazy huffy gits who going by quite a few interviews this season resent the supporters who pay their wage

48 minutes ago, stotty said:

panic buy from Levein, who'd previously told us midfielders weren't needed (despite being blindingly obvious to the fans that midfield was weak). 

Totally agree. Fact is same comment applies to our attack and the defence now.

13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

This. Heard from a Hearts player that it was like Butlins at Tynecastle after Levein had his heart trouble. Days off, players refusing to train as they were “ill/injured” and just a very poor work ethic. Stendel has came in and thrown that all to pot and wanting the players to work hard every day. Some players aren’t taking to kindly to this. Hopefully they get binned in January.

9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Even if he was interested, the Ugly Sisters are a cut above anything he was playing against in the championship. Motherwell probably are too. He isn't good enough. 

Just need to check.  Are you saying that Motherwell are a cut above Sheff Utd, Norwich, Leeds, West Brom and Fulham??

I agree he possibly didn’t think it would be as tough as it’s been. More to do with the pace of the game rather than quality. 

Glenn Whelan, one or two games apart, has been utterly chronic. He’ll play a 5 yard pass right out of play at least once a game. 

Cheerio, thanks for nothing. 

1 hour ago, o1djambo said:

No wonder were ****ed ???

Jambof3tornado
50 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Evidence?? Facts?? Why do we need those when we can jump to conclusions without either!!

N Lincs Jambo
17 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Just need to check.  Are you saying that Motherwell are a cut above Sheff Utd, Norwich, Leeds, West Brom and Fulham??

I agree he possibly didn’t think it would be as tough as it’s been. More to do with the pace of the game rather than quality. 

I appreciate you are replying to a different poster but I would in all honesty ask you to watch a few English Championship games. Do they have significantly more money? Check. Do they have significantly bigger attendances? Check. Do they have significantly greater quality throughout the league? Not check. 

I live down here and tbh the standard in the Championship (apart from the really decent teams who could go up and compete without a whole new squad) is really not that great. It’s why players who have done well at that level like Damour and Whelan come to a club like Hearts and think they are way superior and come unstuck big time. 

Naismith on the other hand who has performed well over several seasons at EPL level could teach these guys a lesson.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

I appreciate you are replying to a different poster but I would in all honesty ask you to watch a few English Championship games. Do they have significantly more money? Check. Do they have significantly bigger attendances? Check. Do they have significantly greater quality throughout the league? Not check. 

I live down here and tbh the standard in the Championship (apart from the really decent teams who could go up and compete without a whole new squad) is really not that great. It’s why players who have done well at that level like Damour and Whelan come to a club like Hearts and think they are way superior and come unstuck big time. 

Naismith on the other hand who has performed well over several seasons at EPL level could teach these guys a lesson.

Naismith knew what to expect because he'd played here but there's a whole list of big name players - much bigger than Whelan and Damour - who have come up here and been surprised by the pace and even quality of the game. 

Henrysmithstaxi
29 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I thought it bizarre to believe Motherwell (and even the other two) are a “cut above” Leeds etc.

This was a season too far for Whelan,  he thought he’d stroll about and top up his pension, whilst still getting caps. When it didn’t turn out quite like he imagined, he couldn’t be bothered.

Stendel’s ruffling feathers, but it could be a lonely place to be - one man against most of the team, backroom, whatever Levein’s job is now etc....

On 26/12/2019 at 15:10, Jambo, Goodbye said:

He's not impressed in the games I've managed to see. Maybe just getting the minutes in to keep himself involved internationally. 

Completely wrong type of signing if that indeed is what's motivating him. 

Yep Levein said we need  creative midfielder then spends the summer chasing Glenn Whelan!!! - sounded a radge judging by Peter Crouch's last book too...

Edited by Spellczech

Rumour ..could be some truth. GW has a dilemma;

1, he wants to travel up a twce week with one being game day/night before. DS has said no chance. He stays up here and trains all week or he doesn't play.

2, GW needs games as he wants to stay in the nternational squad. 

On point 1 , Naismith also been told to attend training and be part of squad everyday inc match days ..even if injured. At the moment he basically appears when it suits which can't be right.

McLean seen by DS as outstanding professional as first in and last out inc; extra training with young players.