Whelan

DB-14

8 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Wasn’t in squad today as he apparently had a go at Stendel for heading home for Xmas. 

Feck him. Whelan is an embarrassment, to himself. Undoubtedly talented and could still turn it on in this league if he showed a modicum of interest. He’s turned up half hearted and let himself down. He’s another one that can feck right off. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• Weakened Offender

• Henrysmithstaxi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

letsalldothebeattie

Can’t say I’m bothered if he goes. Been a passenger since international football been put on back burner til March. One of many needs binned in January 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Whelan has a bit of cheek mouthing off about Stendel not being around for 3 days when Whelan hasn’t even been prepared to move up here full time.

Get him out of here. Must think he’s Roy Keane’s lovechild.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Whelan has a bit of cheek mouthing off about Stendel not being around for 3 days when Whelan hasn’t even been prepared to move up here full time.

Get him out of here. Must think he’s Roy Keane’s lovechild.

This. Reading posts earlier about his poor family having to come to war torn Edinburgh to see their millionaire father. Gtf Whelan, has contributed about 5 side way passes since he arrived. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Thought he’d be a very good signing. He doesn’t care. Understandably at his age he doesn’t have the heart for a relegation fight. Hopefully he agrees and we mutually agree to rip up the contract. Would be a big wage off to help rebuild.

Been a bit of a dick in training and getting on the backs of some of the youngsters is what I heard today from someone who knows AM.

the guy is probably frustrated that he’s surrounded by dross that won’t move to give him an option .

Allowayjambo1874

Thought he could come up here and coast it in the shitty SPFL.

Glad he’s away (if true), imposter and should be ashamed with his performances recently.

Sure he won’t be giving a flying when his wages clear every month.

modern football sucks.

Oh no! I'll be gutted if this part timer never kicks a ball for us again. How will we ever survive without his absolutely pathetic contribution?

:wow:

Whelan is just another washed up plodder whose here to take the piss. 

Hopefully we never see him again.

Edited by The Comedian

SomethingAboutObua

Made a meaty challenge in his first match and I think he ran and blocked the ball and that made a loud noise when it hit him, which was a bit exciting. 

He has done nothing else of note, just like Tiolis or whatever his name was. Folk that said he “Oozes class” after his first match are wankers. 

Hope he is leaving, would be a significant amount off the wage bill surely. Another absolute shambles of a signing. Next let’s get Pereira away please. 

Whelan was no  answer to anything. Watching him in a Hearts shirt was a revelation : he put more effort into his game and tried harder than any other time I've seen him play - and I have seen him a lot in England. IMO he was only signed because Haring isnt coming back any time soon. Looks like we"re losing a great pro with loads of experience. Thats how shit the current set up is. 

Someone who only rocks up 2-3 days a week calling out someone over not being present for training is pretty funny :lol:

I’d have kept Whelan but benched him until after Ireland had their play-offs in March.

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, scottg71 said:

Walker won’t be seen again either

🙏🏼

8 hours ago, j1964m said:

Yeah let’s blame stendel he’s been here to long and not done enough with crap he’s inherited from good old Craig some fuds on here

It was only a matter of time before he started to feel the wrath of the mouth foamers 

6 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Well he should have played better then. 

starting to think that the attitude of our squad is toxic, or that something/someone is poisoning their attitudes to the new manager.

Get rid of anyone who won’t give 100% and back Stendel to the hilt. 

Sick of football players acting like spoilt brats.

100% this!!

1 hour ago, Gorillajam said:

Was clearly a good player when he was younger but like Berra his time is up. Naismith should follow.

Correct it's going to be new beginnings,,, just hope it's no in the first division,, if we do stay up ,  it will take a while to be a top 4 side   but as long as we can get a good group of players that will entertain us " itl be worth it.....whether stendel is going to ser us through all this ? We will know soon enough,   february is make or break ........

Don't know why folk are convinced he will just leave. Like walker, naismith, damour etc etc these players all have expensive contracts that they won't get anywhere near at other clubs so won't just walk away from the cash.

I said at the time giving Naismith a 4 year deal (FOUR YEARS :rofl:) as a shocking investment and only beaten by the 3 year deal for walker. 

I fear there will be a long stinking pile of pish players hanging about like a bad smell draining our resources.

I down.  At least another 10 to go.

Stendel won't have his own squad until August.  We'll see what he can do then.

In the meantime we certainly won't be relegated.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Doubt DS will be here by then. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Wow, yet another woeful signing.

Even I’m amazed at how hopeless we are in the transfer market. In fact, hopeless at everything. The club is populated by frauds.

8 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Oh no! I'll be gutted if this part timer never kicks a ball for us again. How will we ever survive without his absolutely pathetic contribution?

:wow:

Whelan is just another washed up plodder whose here to take the piss. 

Hopefully we never see him again.

100% correct. 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

We’re as good as down. We’ve been showing relegation form for 14 months. Only a very good window is going to save us.

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

doug, not sure how much you get to see us. But we have a players who for whatever reason don’t care, players who are made of glass, player who are failed projects, and all of them have no confidence ..  we can’t score and we sure as hell cant defend.. we absolutely can be relegated!! We need to throw a Hail Mary in January and hope it sticks

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I’m on this train..... positive forward thinking 

Whelan would work with runners around about him but our slow pedestrian midfield doesn’t suit him.  If it frees up wages, I’d let him go.  Stendel needs his own type players ASAP or it’s a waste of time 

4 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Don't know why folk are convinced he will just leave. Like walker, naismith, damour etc etc these players all have expensive contracts that they won't get anywhere near at other clubs so won't just walk away from the cash.

I said at the time giving Naismith a 4 year deal (FOUR YEARS :rofl:) as a shocking investment and only beaten by the 3 year deal for walker. 

I fear there will be a long stinking pile of pish players hanging about like a bad smell draining our resources.

Whelan is a bit different,  he will almost certainly be wanting to be playing Somewhere between now and March to make sure that he’s in the Rep Ireland’s squad for their play off games, so I don’t see cash being a factor if/when he leaves in January. 

18 hours ago, Pagey said:

I know that Levein held a meeting every time he wanted to make a change or get advice from his assistants, but from what I can see from Hearts TV, Stendel doesn't seem to even speak to AK who he is supposed to trust so I agree that something isn't right. Looks to be set up to fail and the club et al, are doing what they can to support that. Just v bizarre. 

“from what I can see from Hearts TV”

🤦‍♂️

18 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Good. Another joke of a signing. If he's talked himself out of here that's a bonus. 

He looked good for Republic of Ireland 🇮🇪 

Ernie Eskilsson

Regardless of what you think of Whelan’s conduct (I have no idea what, if anything, has  happened) we are desperately short in midfield and nobody can think that Bozanic or Damour is a better option. Staying up is all that matters and I think we need Whelan till the summer...

So Whelan is being criticised by some for his commitment to the club for questioning  the manager’s commitment ? Seems fair. 

Personally I thought he looked very good in the games when he first arrived. I think he’s shocked by the attitude of the players around him and the manager ****ing off before an important game probably made him think wtf is going on here no wonder he can’t get a reaction from the players. 

Edited by Dazo

Weakened Offender
4 hours ago, Longshanks said:

Whelan and Naismith will be quick enough in finding new clubs if they are told they will not play again between now and the international break in March. 

14 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

He looked good for Republic of Ireland 🇮🇪 

Unfortunately Hearts are not the Republic of Ireland. Please please close the door on your way out Glen.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

No offence mate but I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion. 
I’ll be surprised if we stay up tbh. This team of losers has it written all over them. 

5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Unfortunately Hearts are not the Republic of Ireland. Please please close the door on your way out Glen.

If he can play well for them..... 

MaskedMarauder

Very hypocritical of him to moan about the manager being off over Xmas when he only trains certain days and also took Xmas day off 😂

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

If he can play well for them..... 

Nah, it doesn't follow like that I'm afraid. Republic of Ireland are an average International team, and very often poor. Whelan may have been good in his day, but he is now slow and prone to mistakes. We have far too many slow players in our starting line up imo.

20 hours ago, Barack said:

The squad's mentality. It's festered too long. There's perhaps a toxicity there, that Stendel's going to shift out. If Mulraney's apparent show of dissent is anything to go by.

Yip, we assume for now Stendel is doing the right thing and seeing who’s up for fighting for the jersey and can toe the new managerial line. It’s also exposing who’s been mollycoddled for too long under the previous coaching set-up and don’t like being brought to task. 

Edited by Debut 4

alwaysthereinspirit
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I want to believe you with regards to relegation but it's very difficult. We dont look like scoring at the best of times. Even less if we go a goal down.

We give up at least one comical goal every game. The team has no confidence in anything they do. Our goalies are average at best. Berra is done but is sitting in the most important position at the back.

Our midfield is slower than a week of Sundays. We have no real forwards who can take a half chance. No one at Hearts would have scored with the same type ball #!bs scored their first from. We are in a fight for league survival and we dont have the troops right now. Not sure a January window can help. 

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Pagey said:

I know that Levein held a meeting every time he wanted to make a change or get advice from his assistants, but from what I can see from Hearts TV, Stendel doesn't seem to even speak to AK who he is supposed to trust so I agree that something isn't right. Looks to be set up to fail and the club et al, are doing what they can to support that. Just v bizarre. 

Not really, do Pep/Klopp/Mourinho ever confer before making decisions? I don’t think AK is there to make decisions, just do what Stendel asks him too do. Managers live or die by their decisions.

cardboardcutout

Would be called FREE-WHELAN if he wasn't so expensive! Not the standard we thought he was and if he cannot excel at our level then it's the mirror he needs to be talking to! Bye!

2 hours ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Regardless of what you think of Whelan’s conduct (I have no idea what, if anything, has  happened) we are desperately short in midfield and nobody can think that Bozanic or Damour is a better option. Staying up is all that matters and I think we need Whelan till the summer...

Would far rather we replace him with someone who wants to be here. His performances have dropped more than anyone's in the last month or so.

He definitely has more ability than Bozanic and Damour but will great free up his wage and bring someone fresh in.

Edited by Hungry hippo

1 hour ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Very hypocritical of him to moan about the manager being off over Xmas when he only trains certain days and also took Xmas day off 😂

I think the issue Whelan has is that he had a very flexible arrangement with Levein re when he had to be up here. Stendel stopped that and wanted him here near full-time. Whelan not happy then Stendel went off to Germany and Whelan threw the toys. At least that’s what I have heard. 

Given his previous playing history I’m thoroughly disappointed in him .

Might be that the game is too fast for him up here and he thought he’d just be ticking over for the ROI and their Euro team . 

Another cl **** up that’s going to cost us 

Weakened Offender

Even if he was interested, the Ugly Sisters are a cut above anything he was playing against in the championship. Motherwell probably are too. He isn't good enough. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think the issue Whelan has is that he had a very flexible arrangement with Levein re when he had to be up here. Stendel stopped that and wanted him here near full-time. Whelan not happy then Stendel went off to Germany and Whelan threw the toys. At least that’s what I have heard. 

Makes sense