Whelan

DB-14

1 minute ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

8 grand a week to train two days, play one. 

**** off. This is the ****ing messing we are in here. 

Levein full stop!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pettigrewsstylist

• GinRummy

• Weakened Offender

• Newton51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn’t think that Whelan would have suited the style of play that the manager wants. He’s hardly been a standout since he arrived here.  A large salary of the wage bill.

Edited by Deevers

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Probably 3 players-worth of new signings...

Yep. Sickening the amount of money we’re spending on mediocrity and wasters.

Interesting... Stendel picks the team, gives instructions on how he wants them to play and what they should do in training all week to prepare. He then spends the week in Germany, comes back, has a row with a player, drops him, changes the team. And undermines all the work done during the week!

Great principled leadership!

been here before
12 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

He had a couple of decent games early on but reckon he chucked it when he realised how bad we were. 

Decent until Ireland all but fcked their Euro chances and not bothered his arse since. Probably glad to be out the Hearts madhouse just now.

Wont be missed though.

Edited by been here before

We can keep saying its great this and great that but it is a little worrying that they haven't took to the manager. Regardless of how shit the players are I hope he isn't an arsehole to work with/for.

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Didn’t think that Whelan would have suited the style of play that the manager wants. He’s hardly been a standout since he arrived here.  A large salary of the wage bill.

Not if todays anything to go by, no fight, second to every ball, pissing about at the back while the opponent presses us high. Certainly not for Whelan that. 

Look, Whelan was a top pro. He was talked into signing here by old silver tongue saying we’d do to and that this season.

He’s come in and been surrounded by utter shite and a struggling team.

Stendels came in, doesn’t fancy Whelan because he’s old, a safe ball merchant. He wanted to drop him for St Johnstone, Whelan didn’t like that and played. He played shite, got called out for it by Stendel. Now Whelan’s unhappy at getting called out for being half hearted given the agreement he had about training etc.. and Stendel apparently going home and it’s bubbles over. 

Not going to have a go at Whelan. I thought he tried hard for us tbh.

Stendels reign is a bit like Cloughie coming in at Leeds. Obviously an opposite predicament but he’s shaking trees and as no sentiment for reputation or anyone and some don’t like it.

They’ll be out the door but it’s important imo that we back Stendel. It’s not his mess, their not his players. 

1 down about 20 to go. Hopefully there will have been some very frank exchanges in the last hour and more will walk.

Play Hickey, Smith and the youth team v. Aberdeen. We might, just might, get something from the game. With Levein's expensively assembled deadbeats: nae feckin danger. 

Parttimer1874
16 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I agree. Said on here last week that I think he’ll be gone by March.

Got pelters on here for suggesting this shortly after his appointment. We shouldn’t have to beg someone to manage HMFC. It felt like we did that with him and he’s not really that bothered. 

Not tried a leg for weeks. Having senior pros like him and Naismith who don’t train fully with the squad all week isn’t right. Must filter down to other squad members. Don’t look like the most professional and motivated  squad do they. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Barnsley lads took to him & his methods quick enough, in his 1st season. Can't imagine the whole squad were like minded arseholes.😄

Usually when a new manager comes in the players get a confidence boost and a lift. It wasn't that long ago this lacklustre bunch of shitehouses won at Easter Road. 

What i'm saying is if players are chucking it because they dont agree with the manager then that is not a good sign, regardless of how poor the players are.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

We can keep saying its great this and great that but it is a little worrying that they haven't took to the manager. Regardless of how shit the players are I hope he isn't an arsehole to work with/for.

Barnsley players seemed happy to plau under him. They werent a badly run shambles when he took over though.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Barnsley lads took to him & his methods quick enough, in his 1st season. Can't imagine the whole squad were like minded arseholes.😄

I honestly get the impression that Berra is Levein's boy and he's no happy. 

The fact that he's supposed to be our captain and didn't even bother getting up off his arse to shake Stendel's hand.. 

He probably has a few people in his clique as well, bit like on here. 

I could be wrong of course! 

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Wouldn't have thought so. The Barnsley players all loved working with him. If anything, he's came in and gave certain players the boot up the backside needed. No comfort zone allowed anymore. They were all too comfortable listening to Levein saying we will be better when injuries clear up...yeah, right! They've all (or most of them) been shaken by Stendel's arrival and it's all starting to come out of the wash. Let's hope he boots a few more un-worthy arses and given time to sort the dross out. Once again, thanks for your good work Levein.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Usually when a new manager comes in the players get a confidence boost and a lift. It wasn't that long ago this lacklustre bunch of shitehouses won at Easter Road. 

What i'm saying is if players are chucking it because they dont agree with the manager then that is not a good sign, regardless of how poor the players are.

Sean Clare has improved under stendel.

29 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bozanic has been more effective in the last few games.

Sadly, I'm filing him under Tziolis. Undoubted talent, and now for whatever reason hasn't stepped up when we've needed leaders.

Bozanic has been ****ing shite in the last few games he can go as well.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Sean Clare has improved under stendel.

Him and Hickey were the best players today and i though Clare was good against Celtic.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Look, Whelan was a top pro. He was talked into signing here by old silver tongue saying we’d do to and that this season.

He’s come in and been surrounded by utter shite and a struggling team.

Stendels came in, doesn’t fancy Whelan because he’s old, a safe ball merchant. He wanted to drop him for St Johnstone, Whelan didn’t like that and played. He played shite, got called out for it by Stendel. Now Whelan’s unhappy at getting called out for being half hearted given the agreement he had about training etc.. and Stendel apparently going home and it’s bubbles over. 

Not going to have a go at Whelan. I thought he tried hard for us tbh.

Stendels reign is a bit like Cloughie coming in at Leeds. Obviously an opposite predicament but he’s shaking trees and as no sentiment for reputation or anyone and some don’t like it.

They’ll be out the door but it’s important imo that we back Stendel. It’s not his mess, their not his players. 

Budge has to back him with resources from wherever,CL has left him with a heap of crap.

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Barnsley's players were happy. As were their fans, bud. 

The problem lies with the players and the charlatan who provided them with long contracts. The very same chancer who, incredulously, is still there for them to run to, booing and sobbing, and whine about the big bad German who can see them for what they are. 

Whelan only interested in keeping fit, injury free and having his swansong with Republic in summer. Not interested in HMFC in slightest

Looked class first couple games and very quickly became uninterested. Comes across to me that Daniel has tore him, and a few others, to pieces and he’s spitting the dummy out. Decent wage shaved off the bill. Had potential to be a quality signing but very quickly showed he’s not interested. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

1 down about 20 to go. Hopefully there will have been some very frank exchanges in the last hour and more will walk.

Play Hickey, Smith and the youth team v. Aberdeen. We might, just might, get something from the game. With Levein's expensively assembled deadbeats: nae feckin danger. 

Agreed.  Hopefully he gets some of his own players in quickly.

pettigrewsstylist
31 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Well having the old management team hanging around whilst not being able to bring in your own coaching staff would certainly undermine a managers authority

And encourage dissent.

Holyrood_Hearts

Glad to see the back of him. He’s been poor in recent months when you look to his experience to help the team. 

Captain Sausage

How this clown gets a game for ROI is beyond me. Heart of a chicken, passing range of a toddler and has contributed **** all to us in 6 months. 

Cheerio.

Hopefully will be joined by his compatriots Keena and Mulraney. 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Barnsley's players were happy. As were their fans, bud. 

The problem lies with the players and the charlatan who provided them with long contracts. The very same chancer who, incredulously, is still there for them to run to, booing and sobbing, and whine about the big bad German who can see them for what they are. 

:spoton:

20 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Interesting... Stendel picks the team, gives instructions on how he wants them to play and what they should do in training all week to prepare. He then spends the week in Germany, comes back, has a row with a player, drops him, changes the team. And undermines all the work done during the week!

You're at it. He didnt spend the week away, but nice try. 

39 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Players not training full time with the squad rarely works. Other players tend to dislike it in general. 

🙄

25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Prob not to his face but behind his back. Whelan has plenty of experience of playing over the festive period so knows it v unusual for the manager to disappear. Is he on a pay per game fee? 

Misinterpreted your post as saying Whelan had pulled him up over it. Madness Stendel being allowed home before this tbh. I’ve just got a huge bee in my bonnet about Whelan he’s not tried a sook since the last round of qualifiers for ROI.

We can't have players who are only there part time. Goes for Naismith too.

Funny how a little rumor is followed quickly by stories of he said this and that, as if folk were there during any conversations or rows.

6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Agreed.  Hopefully he gets some of his own players in quickly.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:spoton:

I'm going to bow out now lads. Getting angrier by the second here and not even started on the loopy juice. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Misinterpreted your post as saying Whelan had pulled him up over it. Madness Stendel being allowed home before this tbh. I’ve just got a huge bee in my bonnet about Whelan he’s not tried a sook since the last round of qualifiers for ROI.

I thought the first few games he looked quality but definitely detoriated. Can see why no one else signed him up now

The Future's Maroon
43 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve got the feeling Stendel will have one of the shortest reigns as manager in our history. 
Something isn’t right at all. 

I hope I’m wrong but a couple of times he had the look of wtf have I done coming here.

Getting his assistants in should be a priority.

8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

And encourage dissent.

Exactly. It’s all well and good having experience at the club. But they need to be treated the same as the rest. If they don’t like it, they should leave. 

RustyRightPeg

I've been fairly complimentary about him up until I read the bulk of the threat. I thought when he came in he'd be a calming influence, one that could improve everyone around him. Initially this looked the case, got on the ball, looked forward etc. It's got worse, week by week however.

To be honest, I didn't know he wasn't a full time trainer, and whilst I don't completely disagree with it, he would need to be in and around training everyday, on his off day.

If this falling out is true, and he's on his way, fair enough, 1 down and a hefty wage gone. Opens up 2 maybe 3 spaces for hungrier, younger and more determined individuals coming in.

VagabondJambo
12 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

Whelan only interested in keeping fit, injury free and having his swansong with Republic in summer. Not interested in HMFC in slightest

That’s exactly the impression he gives.

Desperately disappointing signing - has been a negative addition to our team.

Weakened Offender
39 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

He had a couple of decent games early on but reckon he chucked it when he realised how bad we were. 

****ing hell

AlphonseCapone
38 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

8 grand a week to train two days, play one. 

**** off. This is the ****ing messing we are in here. 

Is any of that true? 

31 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

He went for 2 days, calm doon mate 😂