• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• jambogirlglasgow

• pettigrewsstylist

• Jambof3tornado

Oh no please don't go.  

Should ask them if we can throw in walker and Naismith and we'll do the deal for free, we need to free up space from our bloated wage bill. 

18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Same 

£750 for me 

(£750,000 before anyone gets smart)

£750k for a player who can't cut it the Scottish Premiership?

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We have very few wide players so getting rid of the best one we have would be a mistake. 

His end product makes him pretty useless much of the time. Like a lot of our players he has the odd good game but we’d be better going out and finding someone who can cross the ball.

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We’d better have somebody with pace lined up if he goes because he’s the only one that has any and could continue the improvement he was showing under Levein (which most people had acknowledged) with a more attack minded manager like Stendel.

I agree with all that. We are painfully slow in all areas except when Mulraney plays. The frustration with him for me is when he crosses he doesn't look up to see if we have anyone already in the penalty area. If we would just sign a pacy forward to compliment Jake and the winger worked on his awareness play he could still be useful to Stendel. 

Captain Canada

If we get offered anything over £50k for Mulraney we should take it. He's a likeable guy but just doesn't have the cutting edge in terms of getting assists and goals consistently. 

7 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

If we can get 200k for Mulraney then we need to put on a mask and change the club name to Dick Turpin FC. 

He’s one of these players who everyone goes in about his talent yet at 24 or however old he is, not one of his coaches seems to have got ‘the best’ out of him. What makes people think that DS would be any different.

Hes got pace but fails to deliver any sort of decent ball. He’s never put together a string of games where fans can see what he’s potentially got. He’s a poor mans Jermaine Pennant. 

Take last week against Celtic. 3 or 4 times got into a decent position on the right and failed to deliver every time. Clare put in better balls in 2nd half than Mulraney did all game 

He’s left footed. We play him on the right and expect him to beat Champions League level defenders and put in an accurate cross with his wrong foot.  This sums up one of the big issues with Levein’s rein and bizarrely, Stendel has picked it up. 
I don’t think we can expect to see the best from our limited players by 1. Playing them in the wrong position 2.  Chopping and changing their position.  
everyone says he’s had his chance but been played left, right, defence attack. Why can’t we sign a young player and develop them in one position only. 
surely see the best of them then? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Pace is useless if you can’t cross or shoot or go past someone or basically do anything other than run fast. 

Exactly. We might as well sign Usain Bolt, if pace is all that matters.

13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

300k with a 30% sell on clause then bring in milinkovic for nothing now that's smart business get it done Hearts 😉👍

There's no chance Milinkovic is going to come back here for the same wage that Mulraney is on which means that the £300K you mention would disappear in no time with agents fees, signing on fees and Skinny's (significantly higher) salary.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

£750k for a player who can't cut it the Scottish Premiership?

Batshit mental, some football fans are absolutely clueless, you won’t get a penny for Mulraney, if someone is willing to take him for a bag of balls we would me mad not to bite their hand off

3 hours ago, The Fonz said:

Any fee and getting him off the wage bill would be good business.

Odd to think an MLS team would be willing to pay cash though. Fast players with next to no technical ability must be ten a penny in the college set-up over there. 

Next to no technical ability. Jesus wept, that’s just utter pish mate.

portobellojambo1
13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I’d be wanting a bit more than £200k. He’s got 2 and a half years left on his contract.

Yes we want rid off a few but we’re not a car boot sale either.

£400,000 minimum. 

With all due respect there is no way we are going to get £400k for Mulraney, he isn't worth anything remotely close to that. If you believe that we should be looking for that sort of money because of the length of contract he has remaining with us, for example, then that is more of a reflection on HMFC's incompetence rather than the market value of the player. If I were a fan of any other side and heard they were offering even £100k I'd be disappointed as a fan of that club. As a fan of HMFC, and in a situation where a club has or is looking to offer us £200k my response has to be to accept it, and use that money in whatever is deemed to be the best way possible.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

With all due respect there is no way we are going to get £400k for Mulraney, he isn't worth anything remotely close to that. If you believe that we should be looking for that sort of money because of the length of contract he has remaining with us, for example, then that is more of a reflection on HMFC's incompetence rather than the market value of the player. If I were a fan of any other side and heard they were offering even £100k I'd be disappointed as a fan of that club. As a fan of HMFC, and in a situation where a club has or is looking to offer us £200k my response has to be to accept it, and use that money in whatever is deemed to be the best way possible.

Wouldn’t disagree with any of this.  Mulraney  isn’t good enough often enough.  If there’s a genuine offer of 200k on the table, I’d take it.

2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Same 

£750 for me 

(£750,000 before anyone gets smart)

Started early doors or just kept going from last night ?

bringonthesevco

we need some funds to start the rebuilding - Mulraney is never going to be good enough for us .

get rid for 200k, use the 200k to bring back Milinkovic from Hull offer him a 2 year deal on whatever Mulraney is on Plus 2k a week funded from the Mulraney fee.

In effect that makes it a straight swap Mulraney for Milinkovic which would definitely be a step forward for us .....

Just now, bringonthesevco said:

we need some funds to start the rebuilding - Mulraney is never going to be good enough for us .

get rid for 200k, use the 200k to bring back Milinkovic from Hull offer him a 2 year deal on whatever Mulraney is on Plus 2k a week funded from the Mulraney fee.

In effect that makes it a straight swap Mulraney for Milinkovic which would definitely be a step forward for us .....

However, I’m more tempted after reading this. :wub:

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Maybe we should aim for 750k, would recoup what we paid for wighton. 

Thought we got Wighton for free because Jack Hamilton moved in the other direction and the fees cancelled each other out?

20 minutes ago, kila said:

Thought we got Wighton for free because Jack Hamilton moved in the other direction and the fees cancelled each other out?

Sadly no!

He cost around £200,000 or just over if I remember rightly.

1 minute ago, Jason Dufner said:

Sadly no!

He cost around £200,000 or just over if I remember rightly.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/jack-leaves-hearts

Hamilton sold for undisclosed to Dundee then couple days later Hearts sign Wighton from Dundee for undisclosed fee (£200k apparently). Hopefully the Hamilton fee is close enough to cancel Wighton's out.

12 hours ago, daftie said:

You are one of the posters who normally talke sense, but here sorry IMO you are talking crap.

Nothing to do with playing him properly, or confidence, he is just crap. No consistency, no bottle, no heart, consistently can’t cross a ball, and doesn’t score goals. He is fekking murder, and he has been here long enough to show he is mince. He is one of the reasons we are where we are, an atrocious footballer.

12 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I dont think he has been given enough of a chance. Levein is a defend 1st kind of gaffer and I'd just like to see Jake get a chance under a manager who tells him to run at his man every time he has the ball.

There's just something about him I like.

I wont cry or lose sleep if he leaves, actually the same goes for all our squad@!@

And a 2 year contract extension to boot get him binned ASAP please 

cardboardcutout

Doesn't strike me as though he has enough self confidence or  attitude to be an effective winger. Pace is great but with no direction it's useless and he seems to lack a killer instinct and makes the full back look just as quick as he is! My advice to Jake would be get angry with yourself and show some aggression.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
10 minutes ago, cardboardcutout said:

Doesn't strike me as though he has enough self confidence or  attitude to be an effective winger. Pace is great but with no direction it's useless and he seems to lack a killer instinct and makes the full back look just as quick as he is! My advice to Jake would be get angry with yourself and show some aggression.

He should post here for a couple of weeks, that'll do it.

1 hour ago, Musemic said:

There's no chance Milinkovic is going to come back here for the same wage that Mulraney is on which means that the £300K you mention would disappear in no time with agents fees, signing on fees and Skinny's (significantly higher) salary.

Who said it's permanent like? 😉

1 hour ago, Musemic said:

Make it happen Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Or use it to pay off some other waste of oxygen and free up a wage.. Time to throw the baby out with the bath water and get rid of as many as possible.

That's not even half a plan. 

You in charge of brexit by any chance? 

Bazzas right boot

Folk complaining about Mulrenys final ball and then championing Milinkovic to replace him. 

😭😭😭

Couldn't make it up. 

Looks like Frank de Boer is rebuilding his squad for next season after losing their 2018 title to Seattle but it seems as if he might have other priorities than Mulraney.

.https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/2019/12/23/21036039/rumor-atlanta-united-negotiating-for-paraguayan-midfielder-mathias-villasanti

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk complaining about Mulrenys final ball and then championing Milinkovic to replace him. 

😭😭😭

Couldn't make it up. 

Mikinkovic has far more end product than Mulraney, I'm sure a quick look at their stats whilst at Hearts will confirm. 

While I dont rate him that highly why the hell should we accept pennies for a player contracted to 2022? We should be at least looking for 500k. Saying that if it frees up a space for a decent body in january im all for it 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😭😭😭

Couldn't make it up. 

Eh? 

Jake couldn’t lace Skinny’s boots. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😭😭😭

Couldn't make it up. 

What a surprise to find you talking so positively about Milinkovic

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, stotty said:

Mikinkovic has far more end product than Mulraney, I'm sure a quick look at their stats whilst at Hearts will confirm. 

Agreed. 

But imo Milinkovic had 2 or 3 very good games that folk remember but forget the 10 shite games before that. 

I wouldn't say no to Milinkovic if he was value for money, but I don't think he would be. 

£200k is decent for jake tho. 

If we lose him and Hickey I'm not sure that in January we will get better in thier replace. 

SuperstarSteve

Keep him, improve him (he’s 23) and then sell him for more than 200k. 

Hickey will bring the funds in for stendel, albeit we still need to shift a few off the wage bill.

Not Mulraney, uche, Clare, wighton Naismith for me though, more so the likes of Maclean, dikamona, ZZ, Doyle, Berra (pains me to say he needs to go) Stendel made it clear he prefers to work with younger talent rather than older pros. Unless they have a worth ethic like naisy which is rare. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

But imo Milinkovic had 2 or 3 very good games that folk remember but forget the 10 shite games before that. 

I wouldn't say no to Milinkovic if he was value for money, but I don't think he would be. 

If we lose him and Hickey I'm not sure that in January we will get better in thier replace. 

If we could sell Jake and bring in Mikinkovic, that's a significant upgrade IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This was nonsense when you said it at the time and it’s no more true now.

6 hours ago, Deviskan said:

I’ve made my opinion about I8 fairly clear in the past...

But can you please point out where I8 showed you disrespect in his post...for you to respond in the way you have?

You only ridicule people on here if they ridicule you don’t you?

Shown up to be a snivelling, lying hypocrite again it seems...

Did you back Levein to the hilt and ridicule anyone that posted the opposite opinion on here for months?

He is likely drunk mate. 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😭😭😭

Couldn't make it up. 

Milinkovic was better than Mulraney. No doubt over that one. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agreed. 

His 10 shite games pretty much happened when he first joined. Once he had settled he influenced every game he played in

29 minutes ago, farin said:

Think he’s burned his bridges tbh. 

Could be right with that one but in the current situation we are in can we afford to pass up the chance of a player that wants to be at us, and in my opinion would improve us? 

Milinkovic never even got a proper run in the team, was constantly benched and rotated.

Mulraney can be dangerous when he has the confidence to go at people but not much of a goalscorer or provider of chances unfortunately. 

If a genuine offer is on the table for him I would sell. He’s not going to be good enough for Hearts I’m afraid. 

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, stotty said:

If we could sell Jake and bring in Mikinkovic, that's a significant upgrade IMO. 

I'd take Milinkovic if the finances were OK. 

But imo we need another wide option, so if Jake leaves we'd need to bring two in. 

Milinkovic was generally more involved in games and did have a couple of good games, but he also had horrendous games and some of his passing and decision making was awful. Really poor. 

I remember a pass v Motherwell where it actually ended up costing us the game. 

You'll probably correct, he is an upgrade but not by that much imo. 

Some folk imo, have far too high an opinion of his football ability. 

Not to mention he went back on a verbal agreement and dropped us at the drop of a hat when Hull came calling. 

He'd Likley want to be one of our higher earners and tbh he's not good enough to justify that. 

2 hours ago, Sid said:

He’s left footed. We play him on the right and expect him to beat Champions League level defenders and put in an accurate cross with his wrong foot.  This sums up one of the big issues with Levein’s rein and bizarrely, Stendel has picked it up. 
I don’t think we can expect to see the best from our limited players by 1. Playing them in the wrong position 2.  Chopping and changing their position.  
everyone says he’s had his chance but been played left, right, defence attack. Why can’t we sign a young player and develop them in one position only. 
surely see the best of them then? 

What champions league defenders did he come up against in a terrible performance last week at Hamilton? 

jambogirlglasgow
55 minutes ago, Bainy said:

While I dont rate him that highly why the hell should we accept pennies for a player contracted to 2022? We should be at least looking for 500k. Saying that if it frees up a space for a decent body in january im all for it 

Because he’s crap and anything close to the sum allegedly offered would be daylight robbery as it is. 

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, Ari Gold said:

What champions league defenders did he come up against in a terrible performance last week at Hamilton? 

He was woeful. Laughably bad. 

Ideally we'll have milinkovic and nicholson either side of zeefuik for the first january game. As many ex players as possible. 

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

You’d accept a first offer? 

So if their first offer is 200k, you’re just going to say, thanks very much?

You’re not going to say, we think 400k

And then they come back halfway at 300k.

Thats when you accept an offer. You don’t take the first one surely. 🙄

I don’t understand why Hearts fans are arguing for a little amount rather than a bigger amount.

Seems self defeatist to me. 

Edited by Cruyff