Mulraney

jamle1874

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I dont think he has been given enough of a chance. Levein is a defend 1st kind of gaffer and I'd just like to see Jake get a chance under a manager who tells him to run at his man every time he has the ball.

There's just something about him I like.

I wont cry or lose sleep if he leaves, actually the same goes for all our squad@!@

Come on , he’s been given a chance. I mean seriously ?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• jambogirlglasgow

• pettigrewsstylist

• Jambof3tornado

Jamboscanbevicius

If true take it. Wish the lad all the best but he’s not great. And I’d get anyone we can off the wage bill to create funds for DS (with exception of Smith)

14 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

If true take it. Wish the lad all the best but he’s not great. And I’d get anyone we can off the wage bill to create funds for DS (with exception of Smith)

Good call, Smith is the only player I'd like to stay, the rest can bolt, including our speedy winger, another player with the heart of a mouse and nothing to add to the team, he's had his pace since he got here and he's did F-all while he's been here, he can fukcaff as soon as can find the courage.

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

With respect, what ****in planet are you on?

:rofl:

400k for a player who wasn’t a regular for ICT and has achieved the square root of **** all with us.

200k would be incredible business.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

your having a laugh mate £400k ?? Absolutely zero chance of that.

2.5 years wages off the books would be enough. Any fee would be a bonus. He’s bang average at best. Not even ICT standard yet here he is. One good performance in about 12. (Like most granted), but file under The likes of Davie Kirkwood / Kevin Thomas.

and yep, we are a car boot sale by the way. 

He’d probably be decent in the MLS, Perry Kitchen, Tam McManus and Sam Nicholson looked decent in that league........ and they’ve got loads of money. 

They don’t know he’s shit. They just see a guy that’s fast and can do loads of stepovers.

This is business chaps. iPhones only cost about 6 quid to bang together, you probably paid a grand for the new one 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Its the same thing. It’s not what he’s worth, it’s what we can sell him for. If they are prepared to offer 200k as a starting bid, they’ll pay 400k nae bother. 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Barack said:

His missus is bananas. Plus, he's got a newborn baby. Whatever she says...that's where he'll be going next...

He does seem the type of laddie who’d be under the thumb, quiet wee guy. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I’d be wanting a bit more than £200k. He’s got 2 and a half years left on his contract.

Yes we want rid off a few but we’re not a car boot sale either.

£400,000 minimum

Dream on!!!!

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But Mulraney actually has pace 😂

His pace has always been there for everyone to see 

Unfortunately  there is no consistency in his performances 

With his pace he should be able to do the basics of knocking the ball past the full back and deliver a ball into dangerous areas of the box  regularly 

Edited by jambocub

Not good enough, and should never have been signed. However. like Uche he has some ability. The fact that 2 years later both players have regressed shows what a poor job our coaches have done in improving them.

If we can get 200k for Mulraney then we need to put on a mask and change the club name to Dick Turpin FC. 

He’s one of these players who everyone goes in about his talent yet at 24 or however old he is, not one of his coaches seems to have got ‘the best’ out of him. What makes people think that DS would be any different.

Hes got pace but fails to deliver any sort of decent ball. He’s never put together a string of games where fans can see what he’s potentially got. He’s a poor mans Jermaine Pennant. 

Take last week against Celtic. 3 or 4 times got into a decent position on the right and failed to deliver every time. Clare put in better balls in 2nd half than Mulraney did all game 

Edited by merseyjambo

Henrysmithstaxi

Atlanta - home of Equifax and rap music. 

Great comedy show too with Donald Glover (Childish Gambino).

Is Mulraney going to be in that show?

When we signed him I wondered why we were going for a guy who could not get a regular game for ICT, I’m still looking for the answer now.

Not an SPL standard player by any stretch of the imagination. The fact we then gave him a new and improved deal pretty much sums up Levein’s tenure. Baffling and beggars belief. Signing guys like Mulraney, White and Wighton is the reason we are bottom of the league.

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I’d be wanting a bit more than £200k. He’s got 2 and a half years left on his contract.

Yes we want rid off a few but we’re not a car boot sale either.

£400,000 minimum. 

Funny.

If this is true, I'd take the £200K, use it to pay off some others and give Lewis Moore a chance.

Moore has pace and knows where the goal is.  He deserves his shot and can't do any worse than Mulraney has.

Italian Lambretta
4 hours ago, saxondale said:

Insert:

*he's rubbish get rid*

*bite your hand off*

*I'd take 50*

*I'll drive him there*

Blah blah.

This

Without the Blah Blah 

I would sell if we get the chance.    Mulraney could leave and go to the mls and be a revelation, that does not matter as no matter how much talent he may have he will never make it at Tynie as he does not have the mentality to succeed here.   As soon as we go behind he hides and will not get us back into games.     He is the same as clare and wighton, talent gets you only so far.

A league like mls where fans arent as passionate as ours would likly suit some of our players

Watch out the SPL we have Mulraney, Mclean and Wighton!

I know defamatory comments are an accepted norm in today's society so I will stress vehemently that what I am about to say is based on no fact but assumption and opinion and it is purely an assumption and opinion of me and me alone. 

The only way we have recruited all this countless dross over the past 4 years is if a certain man was not gettin a greased up palm and a golden handshake.

PaulHartley10

I would take it. I'm sure Stendel will be looking at runners for his system who can probably play a bit.

But you can guarantee he'll be at Aberdeen within a year pinging them in like Cosgrove.

He got the a year on his contract for every decent match he played last season. To be fair, we probably all bought into it after the Aberdeen match he helped turn round in March. 
Been utter guff since and definitely would not be missed. 
Don’t think he’d have endeared himself to DS by stupidly getting himself ruled out of his first game in charge by telling a ref to f—k off right in his face. 
I find myself hoping there’s some truth in the story.

Edited by Shaggy2

Would want more than 200k really.

Either way, if he goes I look forward to posts like 'think we could do with a player like Mulraney right now, would take him back in a heartbeat' in a years time. 

8 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Then what? Just throw the proceeds at anyone we can find? 

No that’s how we ended up with shite  like Mulraney in the first place. 
Get shot of him and let the new manager bring in someone he wants. 
Mulraney couldn’t even get a regular start for Inverness FFS he is garbage. 

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Would want more than 200k really.

Either way, if he goes I look forward to posts like 'think we could do with a player like Mulraney right now, would take him back in a heartbeat' in a years time. 

I would let him go for half that!!

8 hours ago, Whatever said:

400k for a player who wasn’t a regular for ICT and has achieved the square root of **** all with us.

Agreed. I’d let him go on a free just to get him out. 

8 hours ago, Whatever said:

This. 

Take it and run. Very quickly. 

Mulraney is fast, that is literally his only attribute, he cant cross very well, he cant beat a man with the ball, hell he can hardly get past a man without the ball at his feet.if you thought he was giving 100% then you would probably have more patience with him but he has absolutely  no heart, no desire,no fight and no belief.

He is one of the "projects" that haven't really worked, nothing against him but if we can get 200k for him then snap their hands off 

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

If this is true, I'd take the £200K, use it to pay off some others and give Lewis Moore a chance.

Moore has pace and knows where the goal is.  He deserves his shot and can't do any worse than Mulraney has.

Moore will never be good enough. 

He's had good games as well as bad, people seem to forget that. He's about the only player outside of Naismith who looks as if he might do something.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Agreed. Moore is more worthy then Mulraney but for some reason Levein didn’t rate him. Kirk does so he should be recalled in Jan 

26 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Moore will never be good enough. 

I don't think Moore will ever set the Heather alight but he's an honest trier who will work hard and for now, that's an upgrade on Mulraney and most of the squad.

18Jambo_dave74

Hopefully this is true, he is awful. Getting money for him would be a fantastic bit of business. 

The biggest coward we have on the pitch - pulls out of tackles and closes his eyes when going for challenges/headers. 

His only asset is pace which unfortunately due to our abysmal recruitment is enough to get him in our team more often than not. 

9 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:cornette:

So... do what you said, and then what? How do we improve our squad after that?

yea, let’s just struggle by with the rubbish we have.

If this is true (big if!) then I'd take it. With the best will in the world, Jake ain't turning our fortunes round.

We'd get as much or more out of McDonald and no less out of Morisson or Moore. We also have Clare, Meshino and Wighton who can play wide. Not one of these options are less productive than Jake.

Even taking end product out of it, if he at least used his pace to take us up the park and win us territory, but he doesn't really. The speed of the boy, but he never uses it. I always say i want his first touch to be 15 yards in front of him but he brings it in and tries to think. He shouldn't be thinking!

Quite like Jake and really will him to do well every week but as time goes by you just don't see him putting all his attributes together.

Bite their hand off, flattered to deceive over two years, plenty pace but nothing else, nowhere near the standard that we should have at hearts. No offence to the lad, just not good enough.

9 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:cornette:

So... do what you said, and then what? How do we improve our squad after that?

We ask Austin to set the filters on his Champ Manager search to  "Winger", "<£200k".

Get Mr Ben E. Factor on the phone and sit back.

Edited by Nookie Bear

It's going to cost us money to rejuvinate this squad and to give Stendel the quality of player he needs to reach the targets Ann appears to be aiming for.

If we want to point the finger at 'why' we are in this position, well the answer is just along the corridor (after lunch).

Borders Jambo

Poor man's Wayne Foster is spot on although Wayne always tried hard and at least got stuck in.

If there is any truth in this, bite their hands off.  In fact ask if they are interested in a buy 1 get 1 free and throw in any combination of Bozanic, Whelan, any of the supposed Goalies etc

9 hours ago, Juanjo said:

Who just beat AC Milan 5-0? And sitting 5th in Serie A? Bizarre if true.

🙈

I hope he reads this thread. These players are so unpopular. Complete disconnection between team and fans. I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire. It is not a vendetta it is because they have got us into this position.

**** em.