• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• jambogirlglasgow

• pettigrewsstylist

• Jambof3tornado

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Can’t believe we’ve received a 200k bid for him!!! 

If this goes through Hearts should be well chuffed! 

Big Craigy boy working his magic! 

😂😂😂

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If I woke up and saw his contract had been terminated I'd be chuffed. I didn't think we'd be able to move any of these carthorses on. Any money would be a huge bonus. 

It's like someone has headed to a house party and when the owner of the house isn't aware, they've loaded their football manager save and spunked the budget on pish

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
25 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You’d accept a first offer? 

So if their first offer is 200k, you’re just going to say, thanks very much?

You’re not going to say, we think 400k

And then they come back halfway at 300k.

Thats when you accept an offer. You don’t take the first one surely. 🙄

I don’t understand why Hearts fans are arguing for a little amount rather than a bigger amount.

Seems self defeatist to me. 

You take the money and run.  Nothing defeatist about selling Mulraney for 200k. 

What if they told us to bolt? Then we're stuck with a player that's not worth a transfer fee.

Normally I’d want us to hold out for more but £200k for a player who beats the first man once every 500 crosses would be great business. 

If we got shot of him for nothing I would say we got a good deal. If anyone is daft enough to offer some real, hard currency for him we should try hard to keep a straight face as they hand over the cheque - and then run. 

32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don’t understand why Hearts fans are arguing for a little amount rather than a bigger amount.

That would be fair enough, although we currently rate Mulraney at £1 so 200000% = accepting and running into the distance and setting fire to the receipt in the process

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

If we got shot of him for nothing I would say we got a good deal. If anyone is daft enough to offer some real, hard currency for him we should try hard to keep a straight face as they hand over the cheque - and then run. 

This 

I wish all you guys would shhh about how bad Mulraney is, if this other team read this then the £200,000 might dwindle to £2,000 so, lets big him up from now on, what a player he is, the new Ronaldo, the new Beckham, so shhh, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Remember watching Les Ferdinand when he first started playing for QPR, he couldn't hit a cow's erse with a banjo but was lightning quick. Someone ironed out the wrinkles and made a player of him, maybe somebody in Atlanta sees our one quick player and also feels they can work some alchemy.  A project if you will, which is presumably why Craggie boy added him to his collection.

57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Big Craigy boy working his magic! 

😂😂😂

You're not allowed to say that on here - even in jest.:profit:

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

What champions league defenders did he come up against in a terrible performance last week at Hamilton? 

Didn’t make it through. Was he on right or left?  

Absolute Scenes

If he does go, I’m concerned how he’s going to be able to cross the road at he airport, as he doesn’t seem to be able to cross anything...😎👏👏👏

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk complaining about Mulrenys final ball and then championing Milinkovic to replace him. 

😭😭😭

Couldn't make it up. 

Cmon Smith your better than that, tell me when has Jake Mulraney ever had an outstanding game while being in a Hearts shirt? I think Jake Mulraney is a player that can improve but we need players that can turn up and personally I think milinkovic is a big game player. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cmon Smith your better than that, tell me when has Jake Mulraney ever had an outstanding game while being in a Hearts shirt? I think Jake Mulraney is a player that can improve but we need players that can turn up and personally I think milinkovic is a big game player. 

He's OK, a small upgrade on Mulraney but given the likely financial difference between the two players demands I'm not 100% sure Milinkovic is value for money. 

He's not that good that we should be going all out for him tho and folk on here are making out to be far better than he actually was. 

He had some very poor games and imo some of his play was bizarre. 

His decision making at times was truelly awful. 

He always gave100% tho and would add to us. 

I'd actually like Milinkovic to come and for us to keep jake, both offer something. 

We need 1 more wide attacking player than we have currently imo. 

That aside £200k is not bad for Mulraney. 

I actually like Mulraney, often gets by his man and commits players, uses both feet as well. 

I think Mulraney will jump at the chance tho. 

Bottom of the league, new manager, fans apathetic towards him, Likley pay rise. 

I'd be off like a shot. 

55 minutes ago, Sid said:

Didn’t make it through. Was he on right or left?  

Both I think. Neither of Hamiltons left or right backs play champions league football and never will.

I don't think it's too much to expect a player to trouble one if the worst defence in the league. 

He's just nowhere near good enough. Quick but doesnt know how to use it effectively. 

Heart the size of a pea also. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

You take the money and run.  Nothing defeatist about selling Mulraney for 200k. 

What if they told us to bolt? Then we're stuck with a player that's not worth a transfer fee.

Or he stays and improves as the squad improves under stendel and attracts twice as much in the summer?

2 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

Both I think. Neither of Hamiltons left or right backs play champions league football and never will.

I don't think it's too much to expect a player to trouble one if the worst defence in the league. 

He's just nowhere near good enough. Quick but doesnt know how to use it effectively. 

Heart the size of a pea also. 

Sorry. I’m not saying he’s brilliant but I think he’s a young guy who has improved since arriving. 
when he does beat a player and lifts his head, what does he normally have to aim for?  
I think he’s a symptom of Levein’s inability to set up a team with players in the box to score goals. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's OK, a small upgrade on Mulraney but given the likely financial difference between the two players demands I'm not 100% sure Milinkovic is value for money. 

He's not that good that we should be going all out for him tho and folk on here are making out to be far better than he actually was. 

I'd actually like Milinkovic to come and for us to keep jake, both offer something. 

I actually like Mulraney, often gets by his man and commits players, uses both feet as well. 

I'd be off like a shot. 

Agree

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Or he stays and improves as the squad improves under stendel and attracts twice as much in the summer?

I just think he’s going to be one of these guys that looks like he’s going to turn into something really good but never quite will.

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I just think he’s going to be one of these guys that looks like he’s going to turn into something really good but never quite will.

We've plenty of those. Just think that if somebody wants him when he's been poor a few good games ups the interest. Its not like he's on a big wage.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

We've plenty of those. Just think that if somebody wants him when he's been poor a few good games ups the interest. Its not like he's on a big wage.

Aye, true enough.

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Do you remember the Andy Driver saga when Vlad tried to play hardball and we lost out on a sizeable transfer 

We can’t afford to be pissing about and if that money will help us strengthen, we take it. Very few believe that Mulraney is even worth that. In my opinion 200k is more than he is worth for A player who can’t beat a man and can’t deliver a cross. 

MR INCREDIBLE
16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Is 200k going to stretch very far in the January market?

Just think its relative peanuts.

It is also freeing up a wage. 

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Another £200k towards the new stand though!

Fozzyonthefence
48 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Who cares?  He’s pish, get rid. If we get £200k for him Budge should get locked up for theft!  Great bit of business.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Pays for two real quality loan deals for second half of this season so yes it would. 

17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'd be off like a shot. 

Milinkovic is clearly a better footballer than Mulraney, imo, respectfully of course. 

I don't think he’s a world beater but who is at our level? I agree he had poor matches but Levein also seemed to take ages to introduce him to regular games....The thing for me and is crucial in our predicament, is getting players who can make a difference. When he hit a bit form you could see Milinkovic had a good brain, quick feet and worked hard. 

He could see a pass and got into the box to nick goals. Players with the knack for actual skills on the ball is what we desperately need. I’ve never clamoured for pace over intelligence unless you can strike a happy medium. Mulraney has no end product whatsoever, certainly not on a reg basis. 

Mulraney wasn't sitting on the Inverness subs bench for no reason. Even Robbo didn't rate him highly enough to be a first pick....in the Championship! 

Yes, he has pace but not much else. Whether he is good enough or not we'll never really know like so many others in the squad. Said for a long time now they seem poorly coached and aren't/weren't allowed the freedom to express themselves. If they're not used in their natural position in a team you'll get inconsistency. If Levein didn't know that after all his years in football then he'll never know. What was it he said about Anthony MacDonald before he got the boot? "He needs to learn to defend" Why? Did his old team-mate John Colquhoun do that?

Like so many other players we've signed, I didn't rate him so if we get any sort of money for Mulraney then we should bite hands off. Hopefully he'll be the first of many to find his way out of the Tynecastle revolving door.

Quick point on Milinkovic...just another player who wasn't given (or wasn't allowed) to express himself on the pitch. When he did, he got a disapproving reception from the bench because he wasn't sticking to the position he was told to in the team. He was creative and tried to instigate moves for goals. In otherwords...he was shackled by the coaching team. I was surprised he was even offered a new contract by Levein seeing as he never fancied him playing games away from home. More Levein lunacy for me.

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

Remember watching Les Ferdinand when he first started playing for QPR, he couldn't hit a cow's erse with a banjo but was lightning quick. Someone ironed out the wrinkles and made a player of him, maybe somebody in Atlanta sees our one quick player and also feels they can work some alchemy.  A project if you will, which is presumably why Craggie boy added him to his collection.

Strange comparison and unlikely to happen as they’re slightly different in physique. If that charlatan signed him with the idea of bringing him on why did Mulraney have to go and ask the coaches what he had to do better to get in the team 12 months ago?

We should take any offer for him, he doesn’t seem to take on board anything that’s says to him and has the heart of a mouse, probably because any sort of challenge sees him hobbling about wanting to be subbed. Like many others he has no long term future at the club and should be moved on if possible, and use the money elsewhere.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Mulraney wasn't sitting on the Inverness subs bench for no reason. Even Robbo didn't rate him highly enough to be a first pick....in the Championship! 

Yes, he has pace but not much else. Whether he is good enough or not we'll never really know like so many others in the squad. Said for a long time now they seem poorly coached and aren't/weren't allowed the freedom to express themselves. If they're not used in their natural position in a team you'll get inconsistency. If Levein didn't know that after all his years in football then he'll never know. What was it he said about Anthony MacDonald before he got the boot? "He needs to learn to defend" Why? Did his old team-mate John Colquhoun do that?

Like so many other players we've signed, I didn't rate him so if we get any sort of money for Mulraney then we should bite hands off. Hopefully he'll be the first of many to find his way out of the Tynecastle revolving door.

Quick point on Milinkovic...just another player who wasn't given (or wasn't allowed) to express himself on the pitch. When he did, he got a disapproving reception from the bench because he wasn't sticking to the position he was told to in the team. He was creative and tried to instigate moves for goals. In otherwords...he was shackled by the coaching team. I was surprised he was even offered a new contract by Levein seeing as he never fancied him playing games away from home. More Levein lunacy for me.

We exchanged him for an injury prone player who no longer plays.  That could easily be construed as a plus even if he did only have 2 or 3 good games.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Milinkovic is clearly a better footballer than Mulraney, imo, respectfully of course. 

I don't think he’s a world beater but who is at our level? I agree he had poor matches but Levein also seemed to take ages to introduce him to regular games....The thing for me and is crucial in our predicament, is getting players who can make a difference. When he hit a bit form you could see Milinkovic had a good brain, quick feet and worked hard. 

He could see a pass and got into the box to nick goals. Players with the knack for actual skills on the ball is what we desperately need. I’ve never clamoured for pace over intelligence unless you can strike a happy medium. Mulraney has no end product whatsoever, certainly not on a reg basis. 

I agree in general, but Mulraney is on say on £1.5k a week  and Milinkovic is on about £10k.

Finance's is important in this, Milinkovic is an upgrade but is he 2/3/4.... 6 times better than Mulraney? 

If Milinkovic is sensible in his demands, I'd take him, if he wants £4/5k a week etc then for me no. 

He's just no good enough for us, even at our level to be a high earner. 

He's a slight upgrade. 

He's not as good as some make out on here. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

pettigrewsstylist

The current squad dont have desire to get us out if this. We need fresh heart and attitude, not to mention a goalscorer.

Jakes wage could be useful to get rid of in this respect. Had high hopes for his pace and finishing. He hasnt taken the many chances offered him and we should get rid if we can.

Im sure he would be happy to go aswell.

Another masterstroke by Craig 'trust me Ann, i'll fix it' Levein.

I hate my feelings toward Levein as I idolised him growing up but I ****ing hate the *****.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sooo we want to get rid of our only fast player in the team okay then. We have the slowest team in the league as it is.

Aye. Crazy.

kingantti1874
16 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree in general, but Mulraney is on say on £1.5k a week  and Milinkovic is on about £10k.

Finance's is important in this, Milinkovic is an upgrade but is he 2/3/4.... 6 times better than Mulraney? 

If Milinkovic is sensible in his demands, I'd take him, if he wants £4/5k a week etc then for me no. 

He's just no good enough for us, even at our level to be a high earner. 

He's a slight upgrade. 

He's not as good as some make out on here. 

If he helps avoid relegation which cost millions and set us back 6 years he’s worth it.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sooo we want to get rid of our only fast player in the team okay then. We have the slowest team in the league as it is.

would agree if the lad had any end product at all, but he doesn’t.  He’s a poor mans ivan sproule 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If he helps avoid relegation which cost millions and set us back 6 years he’s worth it.

As I said, Milinkovic is over rated. 

He alone won't save us from relegation, he's just not that good, influencial or consistent enough. 

To be blunt he also couldn't really care if we went down, I'd bet my house he'd have a relegation clause and be one of the first out the door if that happened. 

Us getting relegated would mean very little to him, personally or financially. 

It would be an inconvenience to him. 

To paint Milinkovic as some kind of saviour is way OTT. 

He's a decent player, one who left us at the first opportunity and one would imo would slightly improve us, but also a player that would likely want a lot of money. 

As I said, if we can get him on fairly sensible financial terms I'd take him. 

But imo we need another wide player(1 extra) , a gk and a centre mid at the very least. 

In regards to Mulreny, £200k is decent.