***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibs match thread***

Swanny17

F8ck knows how we line up for this one, I can't even begin to think of a team that is capable of putting in a performance in this game.

We're still winning it though. :thumbs_up:

Edited by Swanny17

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• sadj

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

William H. Bonney

Hard game to call. Despite their poor display against rangers, hibs have been not too bad. Confidence that usually comes with a new manager. 
We obviously, are struggling big time, but you know, it’s hibs. 
My prediction would be a score draw. 

Theres a thread on twitter some hibs lunatic saying relegation party on boxing day n a pile of hibs fans saying wise up look what happened last time. My favourite is one who replied “you realise we are hibs?” 

FTH

8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I’m still in the market for a couple of tickets if anyone knows of spares, for my boy and his mate, pms welcome 

spend your secret santa winnings on hospo and if they say theres none left just point out you are the king of jkb they should bow down....

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

If we score in the first 15 minutes we'll win 3-1 or 4-1. If it's 0-0 at half time we'll lose 0-1.

Edited by Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Bazzas right boot

If we can somehow start to score and by a miracle score first we can start winning games. 

If not, I fear the usual pattern. 

We play OK, other team scores. We then huff and puff, the fans turn, the arse falls out the team. 

3-1 us. 

Beat Aberdeen as well. 

Back in business. 🙄

We will definitely concede with the shower of shite defenders and goalie we have so I can’t see us winning as we can’t score much either. Will take a draw 1-1 I think and that would be a good result. That’s how bad we have become!! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hibs are only team I have any confidence in beating right now. 2-1 with goals coming from a Michael Smith long range shot and a Halkett header from a corner. 

Probably not but we need to win this anyhow!

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I’m still in the market for a couple of tickets if anyone knows of spares, for my boy and his mate, pms welcome 

I will release my season ticket back to the club at around 5pm. can't make it because of Christmas responsibilities. Section C

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

If we score in the first 15 minutes we'll win 3-1 or 4-1. If it's 0-0 at half time we'll lose 0-1.

Exactly what I think.

I also think we are due a bit of luck.  Overdue in fact.

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

It's hibs.

Never afraid. Beaten them in worse nick than this.

Correct, we could be sitting bottom of League 2 on zero points with them being reigning European Cup winners, fielding the worlds best eleven and I'd still not be scared off of the tramps. 

They are bottle merchant, scum of the earth that will never own our city, it's our city, always has been and always will be, this is their best decade against us in living memory and still we have the upper hand.

Some stats for the weak willed out there

2nd Derby of the season

All time - Unbeaten 70.18% of the time

This Decade - Unbeaten 85.71% of the time

At home - Unbeaten 68.33% of the time

December Derbies

Unbeaten 75% of the time

Never lost on boxing day

Unbeaten at home 87.5% of the time

Unbeaten 68.5% of home games on a thursday

I am thinking:-

Bad against St Johnstone

Better against Celtic

Scored against Hamilton

Pump Hibs

More sherry please

There have been some encouraging signs that there's a performance in there. There just seems to be no one who can convert a suitable number of the host of chances being created.

Hamilton game, 19 shots at goal and just 1 in the net. Hamilton got in just 6 shots and netted 2 of them. Even when Hamilton were away at the sheep pen prior to this game Aberdeen at home got in 17 shots, 2 less than Hearts managed on Hamiltons own turf, or should I say plastic.

Yes goals are being leaked as well but scoring first with all those chances available changes the dynamic of a game. The side needs a goal scorer and doesn't appear to have one. Or at least not one who is available long enough to even be match fit.

Same effort and workrate as v Celtic and we’ve a chance.  

Stevenson and Hanlon are bottle merchants. Right on top of them every time and there’s a flap waiting for us.  

Shanks said no
54 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I will release my season ticket back to the club at around 5pm. can't make it because of Christmas responsibilities. Section C

Cheers will call again and see if successful, have one probably lined up already 

21 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I am thinking:-

Bad against St Johnstone

Better against Celtic

Scored against Hamilton

Pump Hibs

More sherry please

Next step in the slow progress. 

Just bad timing for the vermin. ::troll::

Seems they're currently mad at that bigot Kris Commons.

Hibs thugs think they’re a law unto themselves after Rangers Scottish Cup Final carnage, says Kris Commons

KRIS COMMONS insists the SFA set out the wrong message by failing to hammer Hibs for the Scottish Cup Final carnage against Rangers in 2016.

Gers star Borna Barisic was lucky to avoid serious injury after a glass bottle was hurled dangerously close to the crocked Croatian during Friday night's clash in Edinburgh.

It's the latest moment of shame at Easter Road after Ibrox captain James Tavernier and Celtic's Scott Sinclair were targeted last season.

And ex-Hoops ace Commons believes the trouble all stems back to THAT Scottish Cup Final win at Hampden, where a fan brawl broke out on the pitch, but the SFA failed to take any action.

Writing in his Daily Mail column, he said: "There's an element of the Hibs fanbase who seem to think that it's still May 21, 2016 - and I'm not talking purely in terms of nostalgia.

"They seem to think they are a law unto themselves and you have to wonder how much of it stems from the carnage which followed their Scottish Cup final win over Rangers.

"Or, more pertinently, how much of their antics over the past year or so have come from the authorities letting them off the hook that day at Hampden?

"In choosing not to throw the book at Hibs three years ago or hand them any sort of fine, the SFA set a terrible precedent.

"It's no wonder, then, that some fans of the Easter Road club seem to think they can do whatever they want without any repercussions.

"They'll get away with it because the country's governing body invariably turn a blind eye and don't want to know.

"Hibs are trying to tackle it with a new state-of-the-art CCTV system and they say they are doing all they can to identify the idiot who threw the glass bottle at Borna Barisic on Friday night.

"But what if they're unsuccessful? Where do they go from there? Leeann Dempster says the club have invested a six-figure sum in this technology.

"If it fails to serve its purpose, then it won't be long before politicians are making moves to try and hammer clubs with strict liability again."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5097278/hibs-rangers-scottish-cup-kris-commons/

I look at our squad and I don’t see a Millar or a Locke or a Stevenson.  Players who, in any other game, would look average, but against the wee team look like warriors on a mission. 

Not confident at all.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No doing a score prediction for this one. Hope everybody gives maximum effort for 90 minutes. That’s all I want. 

Plus 3 points 

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Let’s ****ing get in to these horrible smelly *****.

100% 

Its only h1b5. we're winning this, an early goal & I can see us winning

3-0 Uche2 Hickey

HHGH 

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

I was up toon today and spat in the Heart of Midlothian.

We’re winning this

Could've curled one out for a 5 goal pumping.

Chance missed I reckon. Shame.

pettigrewsstylist

They have just played both uglies so turning up against us is gonna feel like a breeze i suspect.

No Naismith!. Levein might have scraped a 0-0 /1-0.

With DS high press and no goal threat..........could sting a bit this one.

Would take a point to stop the rot!

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Same effort and workrate as v Celtic and we’ve a chance.  

Stevenson and Hanlon are bottle merchants. Right on top of them every time and there’s a flap waiting for us.  

Agreed but some **** has to actually put it in the net.........

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No home winner in the last 5 derbies,  more than likely 6.

We won't cope with their pace movement and ability to score goals. 

Prepared for the lowest of all lows