***Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibs match thread***

Swanny17

18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes, pointless if we don’t expect anything at all from the new manager until January, yes. 

So you would be happy to let the Previous man let his poison set in even more ? 

In medical terms you cut out the cancer before it becomes a problem but we have let that cancer set in so it is a much bigger fix but it was 💯% to punt Craig if you can’t see that then you are part of the problem with just Excepting the piss we are giving 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• sadj

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RustyRightPeg

Feared the worst when I saw Boyle starting up top today, particularly now we've started leaving Berra isolated defensively. Him and Allan are the only players of there's I actually fear.

Game was done before we actually even made a meaningful pass.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Feared the worst when I saw Boyle starting up top today, particularly now we've started leaving Berra isolated defensively. Him and Allan are the only players of there's I actually fear.

Game was done before we actually even made a meaningful pass.

I’d take Boyle over the shite we have. 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I’d take Boyle over the shite we have. 

100%. I think he's a cracking player. Introduce a bit consistency into his game and I reckon he's got old firm quality. Has been unlucky with injuries.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

100%. I think he's a cracking player. Introduce a bit consistency into his game and I reckon he's got old firm quality. Has been unlucky with injuries.

Surprised Levein didn’t read up on his injuries.  He might have signed him. 

1 hour ago, ExPatTam said:

Pointed out the obvious areas for improvement and said he's looking forward to working on the training ground after he's back from his New Year break in Germany. 

You really don't do subtle do you?

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m just unsure of the level of blame we can attach to him. The game was well and truly up by the time Levein left. Teams realised we were shite at defending. The days of shitfesting a draw away or a 1-0 at Tynie were done. The worst team in the league knew a goal against us would probably win the match because we were so poor in attack. It was going south anyway. DS hasn’t stopped the rot but look at the absolute state of us. We need to be patient with him and the club needs to go the extra mile and give him the coaches and at least some of the replacement players he wants, regardless of who we can get rid of.

I’m not blaming a huge proposition of blame to his shoulders but he’s not on a free ride ticket.  I would question his commitment to the cause over the last week also.  They came with a plan that was obviously worked on and even with their best striker out they looked organised at least.  Basic tactics at the very least should be worked on or making us hard to beat.  

19 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

So you would be happy to let the Previous man let his poison set in even more ? 

In medical terms you cut out the cancer before it becomes a problem but we have let that cancer set in so it is a much bigger fix but it was 💯% to punt Craig if you can’t see that then you are part of the problem with just Excepting the piss we are giving 

No, I’m unhappy there’s been zero improvement since sacking the previous manager. 

Nothing has changed. Thought after the St johnstone match thst we would struggle to pick up any points before the break and that's what's happened. The Jan window is our only chance as the current lot won't keep us up. 

15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No, I’m unhappy there’s been zero improvement since sacking the previous manager. 

What do you expect to change giving the sheer number of crap he’s been left and as far as improvement we have created far more chances been far braver on the ball yes it’s not worked out that’s only cos there is not one player that is capable of putting chances away 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Give it some time is all I’m saying. He’s been here a fortnight. I absolutely believe we’ll see improvement once he gets even a couple of new faces in.

Positive thinking.

👍

23 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I get that.  We never sacked our previous manager, though.  We sacked nobody.  We just gave them different roles, that still impact the first team.   

Edited by Paolo

5 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

What do you expect to change giving the sheer number of crap he’s been left and as far as improvement we have created far more chances been far braver on the ball yes it’s not worked out that’s only cos there is not one player that is capable of putting chances away 

I don’t expect to be gutless in a derby, lose to the bottom two and sit three points bottom by Boxing Day, I certainly would have thought there would have been a little improvement since October but there’s been zip.  Even Macphee had one good win as manager. 

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I get that.  We never sacked our previous manager, though.  We sacked nobody.  We just gave them different roles, that still impact the first team.   

True.  Another farcical decision. 

Hibs had one tactic. Get Boyle exploiting our back line. 

He was offside numerous times but they got their breaks they played for because they had determination to do so.

Otherwise they were pish but that says more about us. 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He was offside numerous times but they got their breaks they played for because they had determination to do so.

Said to my m8 , someone should have went through Boyle early doors , he's been out for months , lets see if he fancied it . He replied what? Those shitebags , Berra , Halkett or Clare ? Behave . Said it all , were soft a shite alll over the park, even in a Derby. 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Levein was sacked in October which seems completely pointless now because it doesn’t matter about any results until the January window for some, even if it leaves the club rooted at the bottom of the table. 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Levein was sacked in October which seems completely pointless now because it doesn’t matter about any results until the January window for some, even if it leaves the club rooted at the bottom of the table. 

Levein was not sacked. To date nobody has been sacked for getting us into this mess.

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

Levein was not sacked. To date nobody has been sacked for getting us into this mess.

Relived of his duties then. 

Edited by Last Laff

34 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Said to my m8 , someone should have went through Boyle early doors , he's been out for months , lets see if he fancied it . He replied what? Those shitebags , Berra , Halkett or Clare ? Behave . Said it all , were soft a shite alll over the park, even in a Derby. 

Exactly!! How many bookings were for a foul(proper hard tackle foul) and not for kicking the ball away or something stupid.

42 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Totally agree. There’s absolutely no streetwise, nasty edge to Hearts anymore. We’ve been declawed. 

Even wee daft things like running to get the ball as Hibs try to hold it at our free kicks, or pointing out to the ref they are wasting time at every opportunity. 

We have nice wee shite players who don’t have one bit of aggression, anger or awareness about them. 

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Gifting more generous than Santa!   "Damour" f...k sake ?🙈

12 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Gifting more generous than Santa!   "Damour" f...k sake ?🙈

When you are facing yer own defence as a midfielder while being hemmed in, the alarm bells should be automatically ringing in yer ears.

Get the ball popped off or be more hasty in your use of the ball.

It doesn’t surprise me we lost a goal like that. It’s months of being honed on lack of urgency that still lingers.  

Edited by Debut 4

What was with the hibs fans singing about us being wee huns. Never heard them singing that before.... maybe they are showing how much they are indeed ‘mini celts’

thats Glasgow chat & not something is Edinburgh clubs should be singing about imo.

On 25/12/2019 at 22:05, Henrysmithstaxi said:

300 to flipping 1?!?!?!? Surely no player other than a keeper is that to score 2 or more? I’d have some of those odds

getting these odds every week almost from corals and ladbrokes i rather do that than a correct score because of the potential payout

Henrysmithstaxi
Just now, Masonic said:

getting these odds every week almost from corals and ladbrokes i rather do that than a correct score because of the potential payout

Checked and Sky Bet were giving those odds. However, I fear none of our players will score twice again before the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Henrysmithstaxi said:

Checked and Sky Bet were giving those odds. However, I fear none of our players will score twice again before the end of the season.

haha ur prob no wrong but still like i was saying better to do that and risk less than a bigger wager at smaller odds