Rallying call from Stendel. Need the fans help.

Armadale Jambo

7 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I'm sure he would have been surprised by how hostile the atmosphere was - but every game the fans support the team from the start, right up until it becomes clear that we're going to be served up the same disgraceful kind of performance we've been seeing for over a year. The players need to give the fans something to be positive about. 

Perhaps the fans could help ?

Don't care how bad things are booing your own players does not help .

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leginten

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Rods

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Perhaps the fans could help ?

Don't care how bad things are booing your own players does not help .

Agreed, and I don't boo. But in terms of vocally supporting the team, what was there to cheer today? The crowd can't spontaneously make itself excited without anything to spark that reaction. 

Edited by AGoodLaugh

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I’ll 2nd that mate 👏

Cheers, bud. 

Disgraceful that he's done so much damage, wasted so much money, taken so much money, yet remains. 

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Cheers, bud. 

Disgraceful that he's done so much damage, wasted so much money, taken so much money, yet remains. 

Exactly how I feel as well mate. Any previous respect I had for him is long long gone. Sad really.

When his time did come to an end then you end up with a thank you Craig Levein thread for everything he has done.

You just couldn’t make this shit up at times. Folk genuinely pulling their hair out and then a load of wallopers posting And acting like they are some part of the Manson Cult defending him to the bitter end 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Exactly how I feel as well mate. Any previous respect I had for him is long long gone. Sad really.

When his time did come to an end then you end up with a thank you Craig Levein thread for everything he has done.

You just couldn’t make this shit up at times. Folk genuinely pulling their hair out and then a load of wallopers posting And acting like they are some part of the Manson Cult defending him to the bitter end 

Exactly mate. 

Lost the rag and incurred an infraction about an hour ago. I genuinely hate being at odds with a fellow Hearts supporter but...better leave it there. :)

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Exactly mate. 

Lost the rag and incurred an infraction about an hour ago. I genuinely hate being at odds with a fellow Hearts supporter but...better leave it there. :)

I had 3 in the space of 4 days previously and it happens at the best of times. You sometimes think your right at the time but emotion can get the better of every single one of us at times my friend. Shit happens 

We aren’t on this planet long enough as it is and 5 years is a long long time being a supporter having to put up with this debacle. No wonder people lose the rag with each other. That’s Leveins fault as well imo 😝

There is only one person to blame for today and that's levein.... and maybe budge for giving him so much control over the football side.

Weve brought in third rate players and it's no surprise we're bottom of the league. Every one can see that guys like wighton and sammon, to name but a few, are nowhere good enough for Hearts. And clare. One of the worst players I've ever seen play for us.

22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I had 3 in the space of 4 days previously and it happens at the best of times. You sometimes think your right at the time but emotion can get the better of every single one of us at times my friend. Shit happens 

We aren’t on this planet long enough as it is and 5 years is a long long time being a supporter having to put up with this debacle. No wonder people lose the rag with each other. That’s Leveins fault as well imo 😝

Brilliant post, bud. :)

We have been left in a absolute mess. Stendel has quite the job on his hands and will need a long time to get us sorted out.

Firstly, He will obviously need time with the fans actually understanding this fact and secondly it should not be forgotten, ever, who left us in this pickle.

DISGUSTAN

56 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

There is only one person to blame for today and that's levein.... and maybe budge for giving him so much control over the football side.

Weve brought in third rate players and it's no surprise we're bottom of the league. Every one can see that guys like wighton and sammon, to name but a few, are nowhere good enough for Hearts. And clare. One of the worst players I've ever seen play for us.

No, Levein is an employee.  Employees can be sacked and fully removed from the club.

Only one person to ultimately blame...and it is not him.

It is difficult to support the players when they are playing as poor as they did yesterday. Stendel is asking for help from fans he is not getting help from Coaching Staff. Encouraging the players might help build confidence in themself.

I actually thought the first half was ok, though nothing more than ok.  Keena hardly touched the ball so no surprise he didn’t reappear.  But whatever the tactical change was, the players obviously didn’t get it.  The second half reverts to our usual pish and players starting to hide.  

Haring, Naismith, Washington and Souttar would make a huge difference if 100% fit.

Maybe we as a fan base do need to get totally behind Stendel and make some noise for him.  Or get right behind the players who are trying.  God knows it’s difficult to work up any enthusiasm for the majority of the players.

Edited by Haken

13 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

It took 11 minutes for the fans to turn on the players again. The fans are as shite as the team just now. 

Yep - it's important we try and be more positive. Stendel has sussed things out pretty quickly (AM, LF and JD) and he will be doing his best to make things work. He is by himself (why he wasn't allowed to bring his own staff no one knows) and it is clear our personnel aren't good enough to play his style of football. He needs time, his own staff and the January window. If he can avoid us relegation this season then I'll be delighted!

Edited by Mr Kipling

John Gentleman
12 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Yep - it's important we try and be more positive. Stendel has sussed things out pretty quickly (AM, LF and JD) and he will be doing his best to make things work. He is by himself (why he wasn't allowed to bring his own staff no one knows) and it is clear our personnel aren't good enough to play his style of football. He needs time, his own staff and the January window. If he can avoid us relegation this season then I'll be delighted!

Someone knows, and we know who she is.

It is hard to back the team vocally, when they churn out shit like that.    

We are in a dire mess, and going to games is almost a chore now. 

That is not the fans’ fault.  Nor is it Stendel’s.   It is the players’ fault.  And Levein’s, and the rest of the dire, failure of a coaching team. 

I just hope Stendel is allowed to bring his own team in soon, and to get rid of the shit currently here.    

17 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Someone knows, and we know who she is.

I'd say a German guy, two English guys, an American ***** and a bunch of lawyers also know.

The players will get **** all backing from the stands because that’s not what Hearts supporters do. Hearts supporters are more interested in slaughtering every player they can whilst giving the opposition the easiest ride imaginable. 

Sorry Daniel, but there’s no point asking. No-one’s interested in actually supporting the team. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The players will get **** all backing from the stands because that’s not what Hearts supporters do. Hearts supporters are more interested in slaughtering every player they can whilst giving the opposition the easiest ride imaginable. 

Sorry Daniel, but there’s no point asking. No-one’s interested in actually supporting the team. 

Here we go it’s the fans fault. Nothing to do with the absolute dross we’ve endured for 3 years now. The mismanagement of the club has led us to this point. People are angry that Craig and Austin are still employed in any capacity. 

You keep blaming the fans though Phil. The same fans pumping in millions to the club. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Here we go it’s the fans fault. Nothing to do with the absolute dross we’ve endured for 3 years now. The mismanagement of the club has led us to this point. People are angry that Craig and Austin are still employed in any capacity. 

You keep blaming the fans though Phil. The same fans pumping in millions to the club. 

This is a thread talking about Stendel asking for support from the stands, not a pissing contest for the Foundation. Try and remember that. 

Does being angry about Levein mean it’s ok to sarcastically cheer Sean Clare off the park yesterday? No, it’s not. So pipe the **** down. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

This is a thread talking about Stendel asking for support from the stands, not a pissing contest for the Foundation. Try and remember that. 

Does being angry about Levein mean it’s ok to sarcastically cheer Sean Clare off the park yesterday? No, it’s not. So pipe the **** down. 

Booing him is not something I agree with but let’s not kid on that Sean Clare hasn’t been an awful signing. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Booing him is not something I agree with but let’s not kid on that Sean Clare hasn’t been an awful signing. 

I’m not getting dragged into another debate about how good/bad Sean Clare is. But the manager’s asking for backing from the stands. He’ll learn quickly that a large chunk of the fans have absolutely zero interest in giving the team any kind of backing. 

The worst team I’ve seen since following Hearts since 85/86.

Theyve managed to suck the life out of every one who goes.  Dreading Wednesday now.

DS maybe not aware of the depth of mess Levein left and not aware of what apathy and anger he installed in the stands.

Unless he can work a miracle we will be certa to go straight down a division 100%. I’m expecting to be relegated now. Total bonus if we stay up for me. Thanks Craig

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Well said Phil Dunphy.

If you don’t have the energy to vocally support the team can fans at least keep that lack of energy and refrain from booing and jeering the players? 

Surely that isn’t too much to ask?

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m not getting dragged into another debate about how good/bad Sean Clare is. But the manager’s asking for backing from the stands. He’ll learn quickly that a large chunk of the fans have absolutely zero interest in giving the team any kind of backing. 

I honestly think the fans would be more onside if Levein and McPhee had been removed completely and Stendel to bring in his own staff. To some it doesn’t feel like a fresh start. To expect the mood to change so quickly after the nonsense we’ve endured is lunacy. 

Nelly Terraces

Always get a good grin reading utter spoons & their "It's aw thu fanz falt cos they booo players!!!!!" style posts.

Yeah cos it's the supporters who scouted & coached a pile of utterly feckless useless shite right enough.:laugh2:

The home atmosphere is at tynecastle is probably the worst in comparison to other teams (outside of the category A games )  fans need to step up too ! yes we are entitled to moan like F**** when we want but fans also need to get behind the team , for example there are a bunch that sit near me that always moan and scream abuse at the top of their lungs but will Never get behind the team , they seem reluctant or embarrassed to sing , cheer or do anything remotely postive .

When there is  defient support  from  the stands there is always a response from players .

St Johnstone fans called it right yesterday ' This is a Library'

So to quote Delia Smith ; Tynecastle where have you been recently?  'lets be having you'

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Always get a good grin reading utter spoons & their "It's aw thu fanz falt cos they booo players!!!!!" style posts.

Yeah cos it's the supporters who scouted & coached a pile of utterly feckless useless shite right enough.:laugh2:

Thanks for proving my point mate :)

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I honestly think the fans would be more onside if Levein and McPhee had been removed completely and Stendel to bring in his own staff. To some it doesn’t feel like a fresh start. To expect the mood to change so quickly after the nonsense we’ve endured is lunacy. 

DS said the other day that he wasn’t taking any advice from Levein and that McPhee, Fox and Daly would be nowhere near the dugout yesterday. Any Hearts supporter who lets their dislike of the previous management setup affect their mood for the start of the new one should seriously not bother for a while. 

Don't think the fans have a problem with Stendel , the team not so much.

Playing staff is honking has been for several seasons massive overhaul required again let's hope he has an eye for a player.

How some on here still cling to the belief that the squad isn't that bad in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary frankly beggars belief

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

that’s not the point at the moment

we are in the shit - we have changed the manager but we can’t do much about changing the players for a few weeks

we have 4 important games before we can even start trying to get new players in

so we are stuck with the players we have got yet we have to get as many points as possible

put it and look at it however you like booing and jeering the players isn’t going to help

and if you disagree with this then you are already at odds with and disrespecting our new manager.

After one game.....

Thats pretty pathetic 

Nelly Terraces
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

that’s not the point at the moment

we are in the shit - we have changed the manager but we can’t do much about changing the players for a few weeks

we have 4 important games before we can even start trying to get new players in

so we are stuck with the players we have got yet we have to get as many points as possible

put it and look at it however you like booing and jeering the players isn’t going to help

and if you disagree with this then you are already at odds with and disrespecting our new manager.

After one game.....

Thats pretty pathetic 

Yeah cos I'm having a go at the new manager after 1 game right enough.:laugh:

Good attempt mate, but the usual drama queen style hyperbole spouted by people like you on this site. 

10 hours ago, ford donald said:

He is inherating the crap players that Levein signed,it will take time and transfers for him to change it,he has my sympathy.

If he achieves instant success with that lot  he will be managing Barcelona or Real Madrid in no time. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Come on mate - it’s a game

Homeless folk are trodden into the dirt.

Your language is more dramatic and OTT than mine.

We’ve had a rough view months, and even though we’ve got a new manager that wants the supporters to get behind the team we’ll stay in the huff  because we’ve had such a rough time for months.

I think you need to face reality. Adrenalin can't be faked. 

Fans need something. 

There was anticipation and a better vibe until the bomb scare Bob n Berra  combined to remind us of what a pathetic outfit we have become. 

Then we all have the life sucked from us again. 

I don't operate on a switch. 

Francis Albert

I'd hope Stendel knows enough about football to look at our results over the last 14 months and what he saw on the pitch yesterday and fully understand the anger of some of the fans. Fans weren't booing after 10 minutes but after 14 months.

There were boos at Pittodrie at HT yesterday. Aberdeen are 20 points above us.

The "best squad in years" "Craig will turn it round" "it's all down to injuries" "Craig has done a great job in rebuilding the football side of the business" :Ann will act when she needs to act" happy clappers did their bit in getting us to where we are.

I am right behind Stendel who certainly needs all the help he can get. But with this team all the encouragement from the stands won't help much.

Edited by Francis Albert

Tom Hardy’s Dug
19 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Yeah cos I'm having a go at the new manager after 1 game right enough.:laugh:

Good attempt mate, but the usual drama queen style hyperbole spouted by people like you on this site. 

well you are disrespecting his request - that isn’t hyperbole

Maybe we should set up a fan cuddle zone? 

You know on the corner flag. Any of our players feeling a bit down or have strewn a few passes or missed a sitter can come to the cuddle zone and get a wee cuddle and a tap on the back to reassure them it will be ok and we really love them. Maybe we could also get them some pink cuddly slippers for the subs to keep them warm during the game? 

Brauhauser2012

The positive thing for Stendel is that we are all behind him in his fight against the weakling losers and those who thought they were Hearts material.  The bar has dropped too low and now we need a night of the long knives to get rid of the folk responsible for our demise on and off the field. This wasn't just a few weeks in the making. Its going to be a long slog back. At least we know Stendel is not going to sit passively on the sidelines and accept these performances. 

Nelly Terraces

Christophe Berra just walked past my house (he lives across the road) out walking his dog.

It's OK kids, I didn't boo the fella!:)

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Christophe Berra just walked past my house (he lives across the road) out walking his dog.

It's OK kids, I didn't boo the fella!:)

What about your Chinese? 

16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Please Please stand by this guy give him time 👍🇱🇻

As for the players they deserve to be called out, Levein Macphee Daly I hope your happy with the mess you have left us in, if you had any care for hearts at all you would walk right now and waive the rest of your contracts away. 

In a nutshell

Biggest thing for me today is the lack of new manager bounce!

Then those on here starting with the excuses and reasons! 

It's actually solutions which are needed.

New man in charge wanting the fans help after 1 game.

Booing is actually good it's merely a matter of perspective and learning how to respond!

Think everything is a bit upside down at Tynecastle, on it'll be okay when he gets his own men in and January signings,

Don't think so!

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I'd hope Stendel knows enough about football to look at our results over the last 14 months and what he saw on the pitch yesterday and fully understand the anger of some of the fans. Fans weren't booing after 10 minutes but after 14 months.

There were boos at Pittodrie at HT yesterday. Aberdeen are 20 points above us.

The "best squad in years" "Craig will turn it round" "it's all down to injuries" "Craig has done a great job in rebuilding the football side of the business" :Ann will act when she needs to act" happy clappers did their bit in getting us to where we are.

I am right behind Stendel who certainly needs all the help he can get. But with this team all the encouragement from the stands won't help much.

There’s an unpleasant element on Kickback whose main activity over the last few years has been to have a go at Hearts fans who have expressed concern over the appalling direction the team has gone in while continuing to support the club with remarkable patience and understanding - not to mention the massive financial backing. Their excuses for the rank incompetence we have witnessed have been excruciating. I’d call them anti-Hearts in every respect. Complicit in fostering a culture where chronic underachievement is the norm.

Weakened Offender
17 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I take it no one has informed him that Ann Budge has killed the atmosphere. 

What a moronic post. 

55 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you need to face reality. Adrenalin can't be faked. 

Fans need something. 

There was anticipation and a better vibe until the bomb scare Bob n Berra  combined to remind us of what a pathetic outfit we have become. 

Then we all have the life sucked from us again. 

I don't operate on a switch. 

Great post. 

Seymour M Hersh

I'm against booing our own players but I get why it happens. As someone said earlier I am also not unhappy there has been no new manager bounce as it might have papered over the cracks. For me it's best that DS sees us for what we are, utter pants, with wastrels all over the pitch. Slates are definitely not clean now. 

24 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We need to back Stendel to the hilt. This situation is pretty desperate.

Theres so much work to be done, we really need to get Stern in to help out pronto. I do believe Stendel can turn us around but it will take some time. The lack of coaching done the past 3 years has had a profound effect.

As I fan and supporter near all my energy and enthusiasm has been steadily eroded by the previous regime. It will return but I guess I need a spark to reignite the flame. Ironic cheers of subbed playing certainly doesnt help anyone.

MarkDevriesScores4

I get that Stendel wants the fans to get behind the team but after 2 years of abject failure and performances that would see us bottom of the Scottish championship never mind prem, I think asking for fans to cheer underperforming losers is a step too far. The team will get support when they start putting in effort.