Rallying call from Stendel. Need the fans help.

Armadale Jambo

On today’s show, we could have had Klopp in the dugout and still lost.  You can’t eat soup with a fork.  Our squad is shit, plain and simple.  They’ve all been found out when the shit hit the fan, and all the coaching in the world won’t fix this.  

Huge, and I mean huge, squad overhaul required in Jan, starting with the following;

- White (I know he didn’t play today, but I fear how he’d have looked out there)

- Bozanic (unless he’s tied to Naismith, he’s a liability)

- Whelan (controversial, but he hasn’t kicked a ball since the Euro qualifiers ended, which says it all to me.  I think that last run of games for Ireland took it out of him physically and mentally, and he’s lost yards and concentration.  I’m sure he’d be more than happy to move back down south and get a low end championship/league one gig)
- Meshino (it hasn’t worked and it won’t work.  Hasn’t kicked a ball for months and his passing today was embarrassing.  Don’t care if it was a good marketing ploy, being bottom of the league at Xmas is a marketing disaster)

- MacLean (sorry, but I just really dislike the guy and he comes across as an arrogant prick.  Shame the arrogance doesn’t run off on his game)

Zlamal - (seriously worried about this guy’s wellbeing.  He’s all over the place.  His wandering out the box without a shout was ridiculous today)

Others on a shoogly peg

- Berra

- Clare (only so many times I can defend him.  He’s just so clumsy and immature in his play.  Doesn’t seem like he reacted well to getting a telling off from Stendel early in the game).

- Halkett (shadow of the player he was earlier in the season, and I didn’t even think he was that good back then)

- Damour (would like to see him start on Wed, but my expectations are low)

- Keena (I just don’t get him at all)

- Wighton (needs a chance, but again my expectations are low)

- Mulraney (far far too inconsistent)

There will be more, but that’s my starter for 10.  

Only players from today that give me any hope are Smith, Hickey, Walker and Uche.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leginten

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Rods

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's spot on, there were arseholes round about me moaning and shouting after 10 ****kng minutes . We need to give him time , Levein has ripped the sole out the club and left us with a bunch of spineless jokers . 

The only thing we learned today is that dumb and dumber Levein and McPhee should be nowhere near recruitment going forward , infact they should both be shown the door first thing on Monday morning. 

2 hours ago, Armadale Jambo said:

On BBC sportsound Stendel just asked for patience and support from the fans. Whilst today was rank rotten, I understand where he is coming from. 

He will get it from me, that's for sure. He can have plenty time, because he has inherited a group of amateur players with no bottle. 

Jamie Walker got a huge cheer for a crunching tackle. That’s how to get the fans onside,You can ask all you like but if they continue to serve up that drivel they will get the anger they got at full time. The very MINIMUM requirement when you put on that jersey is maximum effort. We’ve had players with nowhere near the natural ability of some of these players and three times the heart and fight. 

Edited by Jamhammer

Dont know if it's even  a crumb of comfort but we could have picked up a couple of proven strikers in the summer.  Maybe Stendel's eyeing up a different couple in January.

I'm a calm sort of person but my anger at levein intensifies by the minute.  Get him out the bloody door Mrs Budge.

2 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

The good news for Stendel is that most of us are just resigned to this pish now - the anger was games ago.

pretty much how I feel just now. Would love some exciting football to wake me from my slumbers but I'm not hopeful

I’d happily put more money in to get rid of the old regime. DS is a breath of fresh air and not even Jurgen Klopp could do anything with this shower of sh15te. I felt sorry for him today. 

Giving him 4 days to fix 3 years worth of sh15te that CL has given us. Get the cheque book out and give him what he needs 

1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

Aaron Hickey showed he wants to play offensively, he tried to play cross balls and push our game in front and he’s the youngest player on the pitch. This is a sign for everyone to take note, that the youngest player on the pitch played with the most bravery.”

Quote from his post match. Very telling.

That is a damning indictment of the utter dross and football incompetents that are in the squad. AB should mail that to Levein. Good luck to Stendel - he"s gonna need quite a few new faces.

I find it hard to accept that anyone isn’t giving Stendel time to turn around the disaster that that ****ing failure of a coach has left us in .
I’m only guessing but those wanting instant success will probably be those who couldn’t see fault in  the previous coaches term in charge . 

Stendel gets my backing and time to do the job . 

I was surprised at the negativity. 

I think now Levein and MacPhee are gone people have had enough of the players. And that there are very few players people actually get behind. Maybe Hickey, Michael Smith. Can't immediately think of anyone else. 

So it turned negative fairly quickly. The players need to start making the fans appreciate them. 

But I guarantee the Hearts fans helped St Johnstone today. 

John mcCartney

Dr Budge should be listening to mr Stendel very closely at this juncture,

that was one of the lowest Hearts performances I have ever saw today,a sad sorry mess with big games coming up n all.

Reminded me of my first games behind the School end 80-81

Truly grim stuff today,the stark unfolding cold during the game emphasised the realisation

Edited by John mcCartney

2 hours ago, Rods said:

He is right though he needs our backing.

He has to go with the players he has at the moment and thats unfortunate. In the short term lets get behind everyone that plays in maroon.

This. Times a squillion. We need to play our part.

The result was crap, but let's be honest, today was like a football trial rather than a match.  It was a chance for Stendel to see everyone in a competitive match, and fully understand the cluster**** that is the playing methods at Heart of Midlothian.  I doubt he will like what he seen, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, he will know what needs to be sorted after today. 

It is entirely unfair to suggest he isn't up to the task, or was to blame for the result today. He is playing poker with someone else's hand, and it will take time until he is dealt some cards of his own.   In my eyes, he gets a clear pass until the end of January, once he's had a chance to fully start to sort things out. 

On a positive note, I loved his enthusiasm during the match, constantly up on his feet talking/shouting to the players, giving instructions.  Giving it yeeha to the linesman and fourth official, and even to Tommy Wright at the end. Good to see that kind of passion, and I think he realises that he can make Tynecastle a very special place if he gets it right. The welcome he got was the loudest thing I've heard at the stadium in recent weeks/months. If he gets the players performing, it will be like that all the time. I think he seems to understand that Hearts is a special club, and that there will be passion here that he's not seen in his previous ventures. 

Onwards and upwards, Daniel! :cheers:

3 hours ago, kila said:

When there are spineless players and some utterly shite ones, then there is no quick fix. Thankfully January is almost here, but Budge will need to provide a lot of funds to fix this mess.

New captain needed also.

He (or Hearts) need 6 points at least before the break and then he can go to work during January with a view or gradually pulling us away from danger. 

He also admitted to making his team choice based on training performances. I would imagine MacLean won't be starting many more matches this season. 

I think Keena was doing quite well, had a lovely touch and go with Walker in the first half that should have resulted in a goal, and it was wrong to sub him at half time, should have been MacLean that got hooked! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The fans got what we wanted - we need now to get the **** behind everyone and stop with the booing and herring at players shit.

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The result was crap, but let's be honest, today was like a football trial rather than a match.  It was a chance for Stendel to see everyone in a competitive match, and fully understand the cluster**** that is the playing methods at Heart of Midlothian.  I doubt he will like what he seen, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, he will know what needs to be sorted after today. 

It is entirely unfair to suggest he isn't up to the task, or was to blame for the result today. He is playing poker with someone else's hand, and it will take time until he is dealt some cards of his own.   In my eyes, he gets a clear pass until the end of January, once he's had a chance to fully start to sort things out. 

On a positive note, I loved his enthusiasm during the match, constantly up on his feet talking/shouting to the players, giving instructions.  Giving it yeeha to the linesman and fourth official, and even to Tommy Wright at the end. Good to see that kind of passion, and I think he realises that he can make Tynecastle a very special place if he gets it right. The welcome he got was the loudest thing I've heard at the stadium in recent weeks/months. If he gets the players performing, it will be like that all the time. I think he seems to understand that Hearts is a special club, and that there will be passion here that he's not seen in his previous ventures. 

Onwards and upwards, Daniel! :cheers:

Agree.  But he needs players on the same page as him who respond to his instruction. I fear we currently have too many players who don’t have the mental capacity to do so.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The fans got what we wanted - we need now to get the **** behind everyone and stop with the booing and herring at players shit.

He'll be happier at Hamilton. 

The fans that go away are generally more positive and get right behind the team. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No the fans need help from the players. 

They get paid,  whilst we pay absolutely top whack to watch utter shite. 

Worst I've seen yet. So much for a bounce. 

Absolute ****ing drivel that sucks the life out of the most fervent fan

5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  But he needs players on the same page as him who respond to his instruction. I fear we currently have too many players who don’t have the mental capacity to do so.

Fair comment, but I genuinely think a lot of it is down to the way these players have been coached by the previous management regime, where 0-0 was seen as a good result, and clearing the ball forward was more important than actually doing something with it. If thay wasn't an option, a safe backwards pass into our own half was Plan B.

Getting the players out of that mindset is going to be one hell of a task. 

We reverted to type in the second half, and look what happened...! 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Fair comment, but I genuinely think a lot of it is down to the way these players have been coached by the previous management regime, where 0-0 was seen as a good result, and clearing the ball forward was more important than actually doing something with it. If thay wasn't an option, a safe backwards pass into our own half was Plan B.

Getting the players out of that mindset is going to be one hell of a task. 

We reverted to type in the second half, and look what happened...! 

Can’t disagree 

jambogirlglasgow
2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The most horrible bunch of players I remember in 40 years supporting Hearts.

Completely agree with this.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

No the fans need help from the players. 

They get paid,  whilst we pay absolutely top whack to watch utter shite. 

Worst I've seen yet. So much for a bounce. 

Absolute ****ing drivel that sucks the life out of the most fervent fan

what are you going to do about it until we can change the players - boo and jeer every week to make sure that Stendel ****s off as well?

He wants the fans behind him and the team - give him a ****ing break

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

I'm backing Daniel all the way. He's done everything he can possibly do, out with a transfer window, in the last four days. 

It would've been great if he'd started with the win that often occurs with the bounce that a new manager often brings. That it couldn't is just another damming indictment of the actions of our owner and the lame duck she adores. 

Get Levein the f@#k away from Heart of Midlothian. 

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

On today’s show, we could have had Klopp in the dugout and still lost.  You can’t eat soup with a fork.  Our squad is shit, plain and simple.  They’ve all been found out when the shit hit the fan, and all the coaching in the world won’t fix this.  

Huge, and I mean huge, squad overhaul required in Jan, starting with the following;

- White (I know he didn’t play today, but I fear how he’d have looked out there)

- Bozanic (unless he’s tied to Naismith, he’s a liability)

- Whelan (controversial, but he hasn’t kicked a ball since the Euro qualifiers ended, which says it all to me.  I think that last run of games for Ireland took it out of him physically and mentally, and he’s lost yards and concentration.  I’m sure he’d be more than happy to move back down south and get a low end championship/league one gig)
- Meshino (it hasn’t worked and it won’t work.  Hasn’t kicked a ball for months and his passing today was embarrassing.  Don’t care if it was a good marketing ploy, being bottom of the league at Xmas is a marketing disaster)

- MacLean (sorry, but I just really dislike the guy and he comes across as an arrogant prick.  Shame the arrogance doesn’t run off on his game)

Zlamal - (seriously worried about this guy’s wellbeing.  He’s all over the place.  His wandering out the box without a shout was ridiculous today)

Others on a shoogly peg

- Berra

- Clare (only so many times I can defend him.  He’s just so clumsy and immature in his play.  Doesn’t seem like he reacted well to getting a telling off from Stendel early in the game).

- Halkett (shadow of the player he was earlier in the season, and I didn’t even think he was that good back then)

- Damour (would like to see him start on Wed, but my expectations are low)

- Keena (I just don’t get him at all)

- Wighton (needs a chance, but again my expectations are low)

- Mulraney (far far too inconsistent)

There will be more, but that’s my starter for 10.  

Only players from today that give me any hope are Smith, Hickey, Walker and Uche.

Well put and all true m8 👏👏👏

5 hours ago, WT Laurie said:

The fans aren’t giving enough, no support, no encouragement, it’s like a morgue 

agree with this 100 percent. 

the players are absolutely shit at the moment. No excuses whatsoever, but we should not be Giving them dogs abuse about how bad they have been every time they touch the ball. 

i had to bite my tongue on several occasions today. 

We are meant to support the team 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

what are you going to do about it until we can change the players - boo and jeer every week to make sure that Stendel ****s off as well?

He wants the fans behind him and the team - give him a ****ing break

Don't be stupid. 

The fans need lifted by the team. That sort of shit today is unacceptable. They have had enough chances. 

They need to get the fans back. Supported these fools for far too long 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't be stupid. 

The fans need lifted by the team. That sort of shit today is unacceptable. They have had enough chances. 

They need to get the fans back. Supported these fools for far too long 

no - at the moment we need to get behind them all because we can’t make any more changes until January and even then they will be limited.

do you want Stendel to fail because the atmosphere is so toxic at Tynecastle that the players don’t operate as well as they could?

dont be so petty and bloody short sighted.

why do you think teams generally have a better home record than away?

because their fans get behind them and they outnumber the away fans

yes it’s been a shit show but my view is it is no coincidence that our home form has plummeted the more the fans have railed against every single person at the club.

5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Sadly tho Doug if or when he does go , this plaque on the New Main Stand will always remind us he was here .

9B9480BA-25BA-4901-B503-5475A28C0560.jpeg

Interesting that the Prime Minister's chief adviser was on this project.

Establishment club...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

no - at the moment we need to get behind them all because we can’t make any more changes until January and even then they will be limited.

do you want Stendel to fail because the atmosphere is so toxic at Tynecastle that the players don’t operate as well as they could?

dont be so petty and bloody short sighted.

why do you think teams generally have a better home record than away?

because their fans get behind them and they outnumber the away fans

yes it’s been a shit show but my view is it is no coincidence that our home form has plummeted the more the fans have railed against every single person at the club.

You can't fake emotions. 

To support something you need something in return. Getting absolutely nothing from this team,  nothing. Out fought again,  feeling sorry for itself and unable to take responsibility. 

An absolute train wreck 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You can't fake emotions. 

To support something you need something in return. Getting absolutely nothing from this team,  nothing. Out fought again,  feeling sorry for itself and unable to take responsibility. 

An absolute train wreck 

so what? You gave the new manager what - 45 mins encouragement?

well done you 👏👏👏

Completely understand his plea as much as I fully understand the support getting on the players backs

I back Stendel fully, 100%, until he gets this malaise sorted that the previous regime has created and left in their wake.

still taking a wage from the club considering what they have somebody to us. Mercenaries, the feckin lot of them.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You can't fake emotions. 

An absolute train wreck 

We have the 3rd strongest squad in the league. Odd that they keep losing games. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

so what? You gave the new manager what - 45 mins encouragement?

well done you 👏👏👏

Its not about the manager. 

Get off your high horse superfan. 

Its about a team giving something to its fans support them. 

They lost the support,  they are the only ones that can get it back. 

Good luck drumming up support,  most of us are sick of being mugged off

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Completely understand his plea as much as I fully understand the support getting on the players backs

I back Stendel fully, 100%, until he gets this malaise sorted that the previous regime has created and left in their wake.

still taking a wage from the club considering what they have done to us. Mercenaries, the feckin lot of them.

Edit;

52 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'm backing Daniel all the way. He's done everything he can possibly do, out with a transfer window, in the last four days. 

It would've been great if he'd started with the win that often occurs with the bounce that a new manager often brings. That it couldn't is just another damming indictment of the actions of our owner and the lame duck she adores. 

Get Levein the f@#k away from Heart of Midlothian. 

I’ll 2nd that mate 👏

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not about the manager. 

Get off your high horse superfan. 

Its about a team giving something to its fans support them. 

They lost the support,  they are the only ones that can get it back. 

Good luck drumming up support,  most of us are sick of being mugged off

we are all supposed to be in this together - nothing about super fans, it’s to do with doing our part to help the new manager

fans shouldn’t need a kick start to vocally get behind the team

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, Deevers said:

Two guys just up from me were on Clares back from the second minute.

Quite frankly though there are at least five players out there today who have no business wearing maroon shirts.

It's getting embarrassing and I do wonder why they bother coming. It must be hard to perform in front of fans like us. Bozanic was ****ing terrible today but the stick he got for a corner not beating a defender after 11 minutes was uncalled for, especially when it was clear he's been told where to put them. 

Sean Clare gets it regardless of how he plays and today I thought he was alright. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

we are all supposed to be in this together - nothing about super fans, it’s to do with doing our part to help the new manager

fans shouldn’t need a kick start to vocally get behind the team

After 14 months of torture I think we are due something. 

14 months of ineptitude,  dereliction of responsibility and falling standards. 

New manager or not,  people are sick of them. 

Why we continue to turn up in numbers is a mystery 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Sir Gio said:

After 14 months of torture I think we are due something. 

14 months of ineptitude,  dereliction of responsibility and falling standards. 

New manager or not,  people are sick of them. 

Why we continue to turn up in numbers is a mystery 

I get it and don’t want to argue with you too long as I think you are a good sensible poster

i just want the team and Stendel to have the best chance - and collectively that includes us

3 parts to success - management, players, fans

no excuse for us not to do our bit

4 hours ago, ramrod said:

He's spot on, there were arseholes round about me moaning and shouting after 10 ****kng minutes . We need to give him time , Levein has ripped the sole out the club and left us with a bunch of spineless jokers . 

The only thing we learned today is that dumb and dumber Levein and McPhee should be nowhere near recruitment going forward , infact they should both be shown the door first thing on Monday morning. 

He is inherating the crap players that Levein signed,it will take time and transfers for him to change it,he has my sympathy.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I get it and don’t want to argue with you too long as I think you are a good sensible poster

i just want the team and Stendel to have the best chance - and collectively that includes us

3 parts to success - management, players, fans

no excuse for us not to do our bit

Its not going to happen until they spark the crowd. 

Sat there freezing never looking like scoring. No support can rouse itself under such uninspiring circumstances 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not going to happen until they spark the crowd. 

Sat there freezing never looking like scoring. No support can rouse itself under such uninspiring circumstances 

so your view basically is - Stendel, go **** yourself if you want backing from the fans for the team?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

so your view basically is - Stendel, go **** yourself if you want backing from the fans for the team?

Dramatic language. 

Reality of the situation the Hearts support has been trodden into the dirt by this team. 

Its not going to find getting behind it very easy until it produces some relief from the abuse 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Dramatic language. 

Reality of the situation the Hearts support has been trodden into the dirt by this team. 

Its not going to find getting behind it very easy until it produces some relief from the abuse 

Come on mate - it’s a game

Homeless folk are trodden into the dirt.

Your language is more dramatic and OTT than mine.

We’ve had a rough view months, and even though we’ve got a new manager that wants the supporters to get behind the team we’ll stay in the huff  because we’ve had such a rough time for months.

I echo the need for change and a clear out......a big one at that

Too many have had a chance and failed to deliver

Most of the time it's not about a lack of effort but more about a lack of ability

There are so many that need to go and will never make it with us or who are fading away it's frightening

3 goalkeeper's..yes all 3 should be shown the door in January and a replacement number one obtained (though we might need to keep one for back up)

Brandon, Dikamona, White

Bozanic Whelan

Maclean, Keena

Those are just the obvious players..there should be doubts about those below

Berra, Damour, Clare, Wighton...though we may need to keep them this season because realistically we can't replace everyone

I've left out the younger players (in the main) who might still have a chance like Morrison, Irving as well as those on loan

Edited by CJGJ

Tom Hardy’s Dug

"I was also not satisfied with the game but we can only change things when we work together. We need the support from the stands and we need the fans. In this situation, we need a little bit more patience from the stands. This is the one and only thing the people in the stands can give the players at the moment.”

Give the guy a chance FFS.