Rallying call from Stendel. Need the fans help.

Armadale Jambo

41 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Bang on. The FoH has increased the entitlement of our fans which used to belong to the two across the M8. Some fans are deluded because they pay £10 a month they think they’re a board member that demands something in return of the money.

We should always demand more as a support of a Hearts team. Anything less than 3rd/4th is a disappointment. So I’m not saying fans should lessen standards, far from it. What I am saying is supporters should support - and that means fans should recognise effort and encourage - supporters should support after all. It’s possible to show your displeasure and unhappiness with the performance and also show support for the team. It’s not rocket science, most other supports do it.

Spot on. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leginten

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Rods

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

It's hard not to boo when players have no desire or fight in them. 

That surely is the least we as fans deserve but these players couldn't give a sh*t about HMFC and the fans can see that quite easily. 

I dont see players who are not bothered about the team I see players who are not good enough. Its not their fault or Stendel's for that matter its one man's. 

Why dont we have a wee experiment and try and back the men in maroon and see what happens. I go back to my initial point booing has not helped lets have a change and see what happens.

3 hours ago, leginten said:

I don’t agree with this at all. The level of support still being shown after 14 months of absolute dross is incredible. Give the Tynecastle crowd something - anything - to cheer and they’re right behind their team. A throw-in, a corner, anything. People are just about on their feet.

Yesterday the sum total of things for the crowd to get excited about in 93 minutes were, I think, two weak shots straight at the keeper in the first half and a couple of vague scrambles in the box from corners in the second. That’s a starvation diet. It’s no wonder the place goes pretty quiet after more than a year of this.

Anyone pretending that the Tynecastle crowd should be able to offer more in the current climate just doesn’t understand the basic dynamics of football crowds. I’d love to see the state of Pittodrie or Easter Road after what we’ve endured in the last few seasons. I’ll guarantee there’d be fewer than 10,000 people in either ground and the level of abuse would make us look exactly what we are - patient and tolerant to a fault.

I think the number of folk still turning up is incredible. The amount of support, particularly vocal support, given to the team is minimal these days. 

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Has booing them worked has it gave them that extra yard the answer is no.

Yesterday the St Johnstone fans were behind their team from the start inspite of not winning a game away from home for a year. You could see the players got a lift from their support. 

I am glad we are away from home next week.

I never heard a peep out of the St Johnstone fans until they scored. Which sort of proves the point about the relationship between giving your fans something to cheer and them providing some noise. 

To be frank, the performances of players like Bozanic, Clare and MacLean are predictably dreadful. The pretence that a little bit of booing is preventing them from showing us what they can really do is embarrassing. When you see their names on the team-sheet, you know what you’re going to get - nothing.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So what do you expect to be the end result of booing and getting on the players backs? 

"Oh, one of our supporters called me a lazy *******. I better try harder."

Behave.

How many times the fans have booed and called the players lazy and it has worked in our favour. Let me answer that for you its never.

Perhaps a bit of encouragement a bit if geeing up would make the difference. 

Also the booing serves to enhance the away team( this has been said by opposition managers) 

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

I never heard a peep out of the St Johnstone fans until they scored. Which sort of proves the point about the relationship between giving your fans something to cheer and them providing some noise. 

To be frank, the performances of players like Bozanic, Clare and MacLean are predictably dreadful. The pretence that a little bit of booing is preventing them from showing us what they can really do is embarrassing. When you see their names on the team-sheet, you know what you’re going to get - nothing.

I feel like I am repeating myself

Has the booing/Sarcasm worked? 

Lets change it up and get behind whoever wears that maroon strip.

1 hour ago, leginten said:

A lot of people, but certainly not the majority you claim, were dissatisfied with the way things were going under Neilson. If you were at Tynecastle the day the plane flew over, you’d know that. Personally I was pleased when he jumped ship.

There has been nothing even resembling concerted or mass protest from the Hearts support during the recent shambles. Apathetic and accepting, much like the team and the hierarchy. A good fit.

Feel free to carry on with your “Robbie was driven oot” drivel, though.

Regardless of whether you think he was hounded out or he walked out it’s impossible to argue that it’s not been a downward spiral since he left. Some jumped on the bandwagon re the style of his teams but they won games and points.  To be honest I think we missed an opportunity this time round to get him back. After his experience down south and the job he is doing at United  he would be a much better manager second time round. The cup exit to Hibs did a ridiculous amount of damage to his standing amonger Hearts supporters. 

Just now, Rods said:

I feel like I am repeating myself

Has the booing/Sarcasm worked? 

Lets change it up and get behind whoever wears that maroon strip.

How would you measure it?

I have no scientific way of doing it. All I can do is evaluate the performances of someone like Sean Clare over what has been quite a long time now, and conclude that he offered next to nothing when he was the next big thing and has continued to offer next to nothing regardless of crowd reaction to him. And I would suggest if you’re expecting a big performance from him at Hamilton, you may well come away disappointed.

49 minutes ago, leginten said:

I think Bozanic failed to clear the first defender three times within a couple of minutes. At this point, doubtless everyone in the stadium is thinking WTF/I’ve been watching this for 18 months/what do they actually do all week? It’s the least surprising thing in the world that people who find themselves in the same bad dream for the umpteenth time get frustrated and boo.

Levein and Budge both used to say that when things weren’t right, they expected criticism. The only way of expressing that criticism on match days is to be vocal. It happens at grounds all over the world. But not really all that much at ours, I think.

As I’ve said above, I think the amount of criticism has been very limited given how long matters have now been unacceptably bad. Maybe it’s because I sit in a part of the Gorgie where I don’t really hear much other than support for the team.

You obviously don’t go to games at tynie or you sit in the away end. Players usually start getting criticised 10 minutes in to the games and it just gets worse. Players get cheered when they are subbed. There’s virtually no vocal support for home players game after game. 

11 minutes ago, Rods said:

I dont see players who are not bothered about the team I see players who are not good enough. Its not their fault or Stendel's for that matter its one man's. 

Why dont we have a wee experiment and try and back the men in maroon and see what happens. I go back to my initial point booing has not helped lets have a change and see what happens.

Good points. It’s like watching a cup upset. Did the lower league team beat the top league team because they have better players? No. Did they beat them because their management team is tactically superior? No. These upsets happen often because 1. The lower league team is often on high on morale as is winning in lower division whereas top league team is usually faltering (not every time, but mostly, which makes me fear for Airdrie) and 2. The support get right behind their team - even though they think they have 0% chance of winning.

Our support can be the 12th man and increase performance levels, but damn it we can shoot ourselves in the foot and be like a man down too.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Regardless of whether you think he was hounded out or he walked out it’s impossible to argue that it’s not been a downward spiral since he left. Some jumped on the bandwagon re the style of his teams but they won games and points.  To be honest I think we missed an opportunity this time round to get him back. After his experience down south and the job he is doing at United  he would be a much better manager second time round. The cup exit to Hibs did a ridiculous amount of damage to his standing amonger Hearts supporters. 

For me the damage was done long before the Hibs cup-tie, which merely seemed to confirm certain trends. I’ve bored people with this countless times now so won’t go over it again.

Would he be a good manager for us a second time round? Maybe. He had a fairly disastrous time in England and certainly ought to be winning promotion this year with the resources at his disposal. Will be interesting to see what he can do with United next season if/when they come up.

Absolute Scenes

Feel sorry for you Daniel, this is a crap squad. But you’ll have as much time is needed and support from me. Thanks for being with us Danny Boy

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You obviously don’t go to games at tynie or you sit in the away end. Players usually start getting criticised 10 minutes in to the games and it just gets worse. Players get cheered when they are subbed. There’s virtually no vocal support for home players game after game. 

As I said above, I sit in the Gorgie among what appear to me to be patient, encouraging fans in the main.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Folk can say what they want but the whole set up fell to pieces after we surrendered a 2 goal lead to Hibs in the Scottish cup and then they won it.Fried us as a club.

I read the same thing almost word for word on hibs.net.

4 minutes ago, leginten said:

For me the damage was done long before the Hibs cup-tie, which merely seemed to confirm certain trends. I’ve bored people with this countless times now so won’t go over it again.

Would he be a good manager for us a second time round? Maybe. He had a fairly disastrous time in England and certainly ought to be winning promotion this year with the resources at his disposal. Will be interesting to see what he can do with United next season if/when they come up.

Yes but the experience he has picked up will be invaluable and if we had him a second time it wouldn’t be with a DoF. 

5 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Stendel has already decided to bin McPhee etc and we're giving it the "Yes! Man knows what he's doing!" 

He's came out and said there's a lot of hard work ahead with these players as they're not really good enough, and we're giving it the "Yes! Man knows what he's doing!" 

He wants to play attacking football, getting stuck in to the opposition, and we're giving it the "Yes! Man knows what he's doing!" 

He says the fans need to get more behind the team, and we're giving it the "Eh, nah, it's no our fault, nothing to do with us, players are shite and that. Or Budge. It's that Budge's fault we're no really supporting the team." 

Maybe, just maybe, the guy has a point and we need to become supporters again, as opposed to fans or club owners. In a way, the whole FoH thing is a double edged sword. Some folk seem to treat going to the game as some kind of appraisal. "I pay my money, not good enough, the players all need emptied along with the board." 

Yes, the players are letting us down and not doing their job very well. But if all we're doing is sitting on our hands, booing players and the team, then as supporters, maybe we're not doing our job very well either. Supporters. The clue is in the name. There's no point trying to support the club by throwing your money at the FoH, while also spending Saturday abusing the team. 

It's like a Doctor saving your life, but then calling you every week to say that he's not sure you were worth his effort, you're a despicable person and booing you because you had steak over salad. 

this is probably the best summing up and sensible post I have read on JKB in many a long year. Well said Sir

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, Rods said:

How many times the fans have booed and called the players lazy and it has worked in our favour. Let me answer that for you its never.

Perhaps a bit of encouragement a bit if geeing up would make the difference. 

Also the booing serves to enhance the away team( this has been said by opposition managers) 

Willie Bauld was called lazy And slow. Seemed to work. But then he wasn't a vastly overpaid spoilt egotistical ... modern footballer.

When the alternative to playing professional football was a life down  the pits I guess the odd boo was an incentive not an excuse. But of course times have changed and the rich wee souls sensitivity must me pandered to.

Edited by Francis Albert

6 hours ago, leginten said:

There’s an unpleasant element on Kickback whose main activity over the last few years has been to have a go at Hearts fans who have expressed concern over the appalling direction the team has gone in while continuing to support the club with remarkable patience and understanding - not to mention the massive financial backing. Their excuses for the rank incompetence we have witnessed have been excruciating. I’d call them anti-Hearts in every respect. Complicit in fostering a culture where chronic underachievement is the norm.

So people who support the club are an unpleasant element and anti Hearts just because they did not toe the line as far as your opinions are or were concerned

You should apologise 

I get the different views and most because people care but I'd never think of calling people anti Hearts or part of an unpleasant element.

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So people who support the club are an unpleasant element and anti Hearts just because they did not toe the line as far as your opinions are or were concerned

You should apologise 

I get the different views and most because people care but I'd never think of calling people anti Hearts or part of an unpleasant element.

The “anti-Hearts” jibe was originally aimed at people who had expressed perfectly legitimate concerns about the direction in which the club was headed. It’s very interesting to see your reaction when it’s turned round and aimed at those who have given blind support to a failing set-up. Being in denial about an obvious crisis isn’t really what I call supporting the club, but to each his own.

Apology? Tell you what, you sift through your posting history for the past few years and issue an apology for each of the condescending or insulting comments you’ve aimed at people who had managed to identify the problems you couldn’t, and I’ll consider issuing an apology too.

Shouldn’t take you longer than a couple of days.

58 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So what do you expect to be the end result of booing and getting on the players backs? 

"Oh, one of our supporters called me a lazy *******. I better try harder."

Behave.

That's the point though they shouldn't need to to be told to show desire and fight. 

Even if you are playing **** these 2 attributes should be a given and they are certainly not with some of these players out there. 

FFS everytime we go behind in a game they just give up and accept it. 

Most people can see that a mile off. 

They have no grit, determination or desire to fight back. 

If you think that's fine then that's up to you. 

The fans would get behind them even if they were playing crap and behind if they fought tooth and nail for every ball and ran themselves into the ground. 

The simple fact is they don't and that is what sickens people. 

fabienleclerq

I think Bozanic failed to clear the first defender three times within a couple of minutes. At this point, doubtless everyone in the stadium is thinking WTF/I’ve been watching this for 18 months/what do they actually do all week? It’s the least surprising thing in the world that people who find themselves in the same bad dream for the umpteenth time get frustrated and boo.

Levein and Budge both used to say that when things weren’t right, they expected criticism. The only way of expressing that criticism on match days is to be vocal. It happens at grounds all over the world. But not really all that much at ours, I think.

As I’ve said above, I think the amount of criticism has been very limited given how long matters have now been unacceptably bad. Maybe it’s because I sit in a part of the Gorgie where I don’t really hear much other than support for the team.

I sit in N and it's just constant, it's like we have a generation of fans who think their role is to have a pop at our players. 

I get that it's shite, I don't understand turning up trying to say the most offensive thing to our own players possible. Tbh it's putting me off more than the shite football. 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

I sit in N and it's just constant, it's like we have a generation of fans who think their role is to have a pop at our players. 

I get that it's shite, I don't understand turning up trying to say the most offensive thing to our own players possible. Tbh it's putting me off more than the shite football. 

Yes, I imagine that can happen in N. It’s the liveliest part of the ground, I suppose. It’s genuinely not like that where I sit, though.

41 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Because it's true.

Hibs winning the cup fried us as a club  ? 😂

biggest lot of shite I've read on here for a good while and it's been up against some pretty stiff opposition of late 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hibs winning the cup fried us as a club  ? 😂

biggest lot of shite I've read on here for a good while and it's been up against some pretty stiff opposition of late 

100% it did,look at the nick of us since.

27 minutes ago, leginten said:

The “anti-Hearts” jibe was originally aimed at people who had expressed perfectly legitimate concerns about the direction in which the club was headed. It’s very interesting to see your reaction when it’s turned round and aimed at those who have given blind support to a failing set-up. Being in denial about an obvious crisis isn’t really what I call supporting the club, but to each his own.

Apology? Tell you what, you sift through your posting history for the past few years and issue an apology for each of the condescending or insulting comments you’ve aimed at people who had managed to identify the problems you couldn’t, and I’ll consider issuing an apology too.

Spot on my man.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Just now, davemclaren said:

Can you explain why you think that?

His m8's on .net told him......

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

His m8's on .net told him......

Zzzzzz grow up.You do realise there are actual Hearts fans who live in the real world?

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Zzzzzz grow up.You do realise there are actual Hearts fans who live in the real world?

Listen , if you post utter shite you're going to get called out for it , best not posting utter shite and you'll be fine . 

38 minutes ago, leginten said:

Totally agree.

Booing the team is a sure sign of being intellectually challenged. It serves no useful purpose and makes the whole situation even worse. 

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Listen , if you post utter shite you're going to get called out for it , best not posting utter shite and you'll be fine . 

Nope,you just can accept the hard facts."Listen"

We are all hurting just now and the last 5 years is being scrutinised as to where it all went wrong,that game in particular sapped the life out of the Neilson era and he never recovered.Now if you look at the team that day only Walker *left and returned* is still at the club.

This began a period of panic amongst Budge and Levein,signings en masse,bewildering decisions like letting Nicholson and Ozturk leave,replacing Sow with Dauda!!!,signing fecking Don Cowie to go toe to toe with John McGinn!!!

Now if we had held on for just one minute longer in that game,all would be different.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, leginten said:

One of the principal problems in getting the message across to Budge has been the section of the Hearts support which has, until very, very recently, been in complete denial that there was any kind of crisis at all. You know, such as the little group of posters on here who have spent most of the last few years lobbing offensive and sarcastic comments at anyone who dared to suggest we were underachieving. That kind of myopia can only have strengthened her desire to carry on regardless.

You might recognise that group of posters.

Given the amount of booing the games second half last season and beginning I dont think the happy clappers prevented Budge getting the message. Also it doesnt seem she ever did as she was always going to give him the first round of games it seems.

So the fans have done nothing so far to sway Budge’s mind  by booing and I doubt we will improve the situation by continuing to do so

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Booing the team is a sure sign of being intellectually challenged. It serves no useful purpose and makes the whole situation even worse. 

Meekly nodding along to every shite decision and performance this club makes has at least been equally damaging.

If we were more active at showing our displeasure maybe it would have forced change sooner and we wouldn’t be looking at the new guy coming in before our most congested part of the season and minimal time to work with the players?

I do agree when it gets to some of the personal abuse I have heard that is too far but what do you expect after the last 12 months? People have had enough.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

That’s like saying Hibs winning the cup led to Boris winning a landslide majority. That happened since they won the cup as well.

The worrying thing for me like many I thought a large part of our poor performance of late was down to poor organisation and coaching. 

Although the guy has only been in the job  a few days I feel he has a gargantuan task . The dressing room has zero characters in it and I can't  see any permutations that has the balls to dig in and get us out this situation except Naismith. 

I remember Jack Ross saying after his first couple of games that he was happy because the dressing room was fairly vocal and had plenty of characters in it . He added that he would be worried if he didn't see a bounce when the new manager came in and there would be something seriously wrong if this wasn't the case. 

Given that garbage yesterday with Celtic then Hamilton away to come  I can't see Stendel getting a bounce and we're back to square one . If we're being honest that performance yesterday was as bad as we've seen at Tynecastle all season apart from the first 10 mins . Maybe that was our bounce.

3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

I do agree when it gets to some of the personal abuse I have heard that is too far but what do you expect after the last 12 months? People have had enough.

And how does that help the players confidence? It doesn’t of course but booing merely serves as an outlet for some of the morons in our support.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

The worrying thing for me like many I thought a large part of our poor performance of late was down to poor organisation and coaching. 

Although the guy has only been in the job  a few days I feel he has a gargantuan task . The dressing room has zero characters in it and I can't  see any permutations that has the balls to dig in and get us out this situation except Naismith. 

I remember Jack Ross saying after his first couple of games that he was happy because the dressing room was fairly vocal and had plenty of characters in it . He added that he would be worried if he didn't see a bounce when the new manager came in and there would be something seriously wrong if this wasn't the case. 

Given that garbage yesterday with Celtic then Hamilton away to come  I can't see Stendel getting a bounce and we're back to square one . If we're being honest that performance yesterday was as bad as we've seen at Tynecastle all season apart from the first 10 mins . Maybe that was our bounce.

Dead cat bounce?

Its possible - nothing is impossible these days it seems.

I do think Budge has been too careful here - it’s becoming increasingly obvious we shouldn’t have let Barnsley delay his appointment and equally obvious we shouldn’t be letting them slow down Stendel getting his own guys in.

Its quite farcical

It looks like after Saturdays efforts our Daniel will be asking for more than a couple of players if the players play like that until the end of the year.

I'll start with you...no chance of an apology

You tar fellow fans making spurious claims and expect them to take it

Opinions are one thing and clearly my superior opinion is one you should listen to ..how's that for condescension

I however will not make claims about your loyalty to our club for it is a broad church with all types

For you an apology may take a couple of days but for those able to articulate (had it been necessary) a few minutes would be all it would take

I'll check in on Tuesday...just to help you that's a couple of days

Edited by CJGJ

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's the point though they shouldn't need to to be told to show desire and fight. 

Even if you are playing **** these 2 attributes should be a given and they are certainly not with some of these players out there. 

FFS everytime we go behind in a game they just give up and accept it. 

Most people can see that a mile off. 

They have no grit, determination or desire to fight back. 

If you think that's fine then that's up to you. 

The fans would get behind them even if they were playing crap and behind if they fought tooth and nail for every ball and ran themselves into the ground. 

The simple fact is they don't and that is what sickens people. 

That doesn't answer my question. What does booing them and giving them dogs abuse do to help them be better?

Still no answers on has booing and getting on players backs helped at all?

I think we all know the answer but are people willing to try something different perhaps at Hamilton.

9 minutes ago, Rods said:

Still no answers on has booing and getting on players backs helped at all?

I think we all know the answer but are people willing to try something different perhaps at Hamilton.

Still no answer on how you would measure or quantify the impact?

On 14/12/2019 at 17:28, red said:

I really want to support this guy but I’m no sure I can stomach that again! Last week and this week has really taken its toll on me! £29 to watch Sean f****** Clare and Bozanic and Zlamal is not even close to value for Money!! I’ll go back after the year when he’s had a chance to get rid of the absolute charlatans signed by that f***** idiot Levein! I’ve never known such an uninspiring Hearts team! We have nothing!!.....Nothing! 

Apologies if already pointed out mate, but you've got a bit of spittle in the corner of your mouth....

no, not that side, the other one.....that's it.

5 hours ago, leginten said:

Correct. Some posters have spent the past year talking down to / patronising / or outright insulting those who could see the direction of travel under Levein and Budge.

Those posters who blindly supported Levein and Budge have shown to be wildly wrong, as we now sit joint bottom of the league in December with a horribly unbalanced squad. All these posters have left is to insinuate that their blind faith (lack of football understanding) makes them a more superior fan. It’s actually quite sad TBH. 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Correct. Some posters have spent the past year talking down to / patronising / or outright insulting those who could see the direction of travel under Levein and Budge.

Those posters who blindly supported Levein and Budge have shown to be wildly wrong, as we now sit joint bottom of the league in December with a horribly unbalanced squad. All these posters have left is to insinuate that their blind faith (lack of football understanding) makes them a more superior fan. It’s actually quite sad TBH. 

Correct on all points.

Edited by Hot since 86

7 hours ago, Rods said:

Yesterday the St Johnstone fans were behind their team from the start inspite of not winning a game away from home for a year. You could see the players got a lift from their support. 

Poor players working hard will generally get support. 
Poor players (or worse, decent players) playing shit won’t.

That’s just the way it is unfortunately.

There’s far too many people on the board who accept mediocracy! It’s unacceptable and they should be told so after the final whistle (not before)