Rallying call from Stendel. Need the fans help.

Armadale Jambo

13 hours ago, leginten said:

The “anti-Hearts” jibe was originally aimed at people who had expressed perfectly legitimate concerns about the direction in which the club was headed. It’s very interesting to see your reaction when it’s turned round and aimed at those who have given blind support to a failing set-up. Being in denial about an obvious crisis isn’t really what I call supporting the club, but to each his own.

Apology? Tell you what, you sift through your posting history for the past few years and issue an apology for each of the condescending or insulting comments you’ve aimed at people who had managed to identify the problems you couldn’t, and I’ll consider issuing an apology too.

Shouldn’t take you longer than a couple of days.

Cutting Post, but bang on the 💰

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leginten

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Rods

• Phil Dunphy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
On 14/12/2019 at 19:09, GorgieRules22 said:

Sick of people having a pop at the fans, these ****in imposters get paid good money to do the grand sum of ****all yet were to support that ???

Cant stand this current lot !!

Fine but the new manager has explicitly come out and said we didn’t help the situation on Saturday and he has asked for our help in sorting this out.

We all recognise the players aren’t good enough and that the previous regime was a shambles but we can either keep wallowing in that or park it, move on and get right behind the team as our new manager has explicitly asked us to.  

14 hours ago, leginten said:

The “anti-Hearts” jibe was originally aimed at people who had expressed perfectly legitimate concerns about the direction in which the club was headed. It’s very interesting to see your reaction when it’s turned round and aimed at those who have given blind support to a failing set-up. Being in denial about an obvious crisis isn’t really what I call supporting the club, but to each his own.

Apology? Tell you what, you sift through your posting history for the past few years and issue an apology for each of the condescending or insulting comments you’ve aimed at people who had managed to identify the problems you couldn’t, and I’ll consider issuing an apology too.

Shouldn’t take you longer than a couple of days.

👍🏻Spot on

The Treasurer

Not read the whole thread but I understand where Stendel is coming from.

However he must be aware that we have shown patience for the last 3 years of watching crap and, since administration, we have shown support for the club way above any other set of supporters.

Like every other fan I want to get behind the team but we need something in return.

I will give 100% backing to players who go flying into tackles, I will give 100% backing when I see players busting a gut to get on the end of crosses, I will give 100% backing to players who give every last ounce of energy, I will give 100% backing to players who look like they actually care if things go against us on the park.

I see none of the above which, as a professional football player, should be the very minimum we should expect to see.

Edited by The Treasurer

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not read the whole thread but I understand where Stendel is coming from.

However he must be aware that we have shown patience for the last 3 years of watching crap and, since administration, we have shown support for the club way above any other set of supporters.

Like every other fan I want to get behind the team but we need something in return.

I will give 100% backing to players who go flying into tackles, I will give 100% backing when I see players busting a gut to get on the end of crosses, I will give 100% backing to players who give every last ounce of energy, I will give 100% backing to players who look like they actually care if things go against us on the park.

I see none of the above which, as a professional football player, should be the very minimum we should expect to see.

Catch 22, but can’t argue with this post 👍 Reasoned and balanced. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I do get the sentiment that it’s difficult to be positive - but even if the booing and jeering could be cut out that would be a start.

This isn’t an anti-hearts fan thing in any way. I just genuinely want our new manager to have the best chance possible.

I know there are other elements to it all and I’ve said elsewhere it’s nonsense that he doesn’t have at least one of his own guys in yet.

But we have 12 points to play for before we can change any players so booing and jeering a situation we can’t change (under performing players) just seems counterproductive 

Thought Police

If we are accepting that we're in a relegation scrap, then I think we will have to change our attitude. Do you think St Mirren/Hamilton/St Johnstone fans will be booing and jeering every little mistake? No, they'll be right behind their players as they scrap for every point possible.

It goes without saying that we have far higher expectations, and have been greatly let down by the current players, but it'll be us who suffer going forward if we don't give the players every opportunity to succeed. The players should want to play at Tynecastle, but right now if I was them, I'd be utterly dreading playing in front of our support.

On 14/12/2019 at 19:05, boag1874 said:

Aaron Hickey showed he wants to play offensively, he tried to play cross balls and push our game in front and he’s the youngest player on the pitch. This is a sign for everyone to take note, that the youngest player on the pitch played with the most bravery.”

Quote from his post match. Very telling.

He's also one of the few players that doesn't get regular abuse.

Even with a magic wand and a pot of gold there will be a limit to how much first team turnover we will see in January.  The reality is that a number of these players will continue to feature prominently for the rest of the season.  As a support we have two choices either we suck it up and get behind the manager request to lift the players or we continue to barrack them.

For those inclined towards the later I ask what you are hoping to achieve at this stage - we've already had managerial change and there are no obvious solutions on the player front until at least January, ergo warranted frustrations aside I don't see how it helps. 

Horatio Caine

Agree that I think booing is so pointless.  It doesn't improve anything, or change anything for the better.  Quite the opposite.

Somehow or other, the players need to start feeling good and enjoying their football.  Booing them at every mistake does nothing to help that process.

Some also need to try a bit harder.  It was said above that they'll be excused (mainly) if they bust a gut for the cause.  Problem is that quite a few are without footballing acumen, and aren't fit enough.  We're patently not good enough for a couple of the next few fixtures.  Target the derby and Accies away for extra effort and points.  Just sit in vs Celtic and hope for the best (**** that sounds grim, and I hate myself for typing it) but it's a practical self-preservation strategy, imo.

Nae xmas pies for Walker et al. Sign a few super fit 2nd Div Germans in January, and bob's yer uncle.  :thumbsup:

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 19:12, Gashauskis9 said:

On today’s show, we could have had Klopp in the dugout and still lost.  You can’t eat soup with a fork.  Our squad is shit, plain and simple.  They’ve all been found out when the shit hit the fan, and all the coaching in the world won’t fix this.  

Huge, and I mean huge, squad overhaul required in Jan, starting with the following;

- White (I know he didn’t play today, but I fear how he’d have looked out there)

- Bozanic (unless he’s tied to Naismith, he’s a liability)

- Whelan (controversial, but he hasn’t kicked a ball since the Euro qualifiers ended, which says it all to me.  I think that last run of games for Ireland took it out of him physically and mentally, and he’s lost yards and concentration.  I’m sure he’d be more than happy to move back down south and get a low end championship/league one gig)
- Meshino (it hasn’t worked and it won’t work.  Hasn’t kicked a ball for months and his passing today was embarrassing.  Don’t care if it was a good marketing ploy, being bottom of the league at Xmas is a marketing disaster)

- MacLean (sorry, but I just really dislike the guy and he comes across as an arrogant prick.  Shame the arrogance doesn’t run off on his game)

Zlamal - (seriously worried about this guy’s wellbeing.  He’s all over the place.  His wandering out the box without a shout was ridiculous today)

Others on a shoogly peg

- Berra

- Clare (only so many times I can defend him.  He’s just so clumsy and immature in his play.  Doesn’t seem like he reacted well to getting a telling off from Stendel early in the game).

- Halkett (shadow of the player he was earlier in the season, and I didn’t even think he was that good back then)

- Damour (would like to see him start on Wed, but my expectations are low)

- Keena (I just don’t get him at all)

- Wighton (needs a chance, but again my expectations are low)

- Mulraney (far far too inconsistent)

There will be more, but that’s my starter for 10.  

Only players from today that give me any hope are Smith, Hickey, Walker and Uche.

Fair assessment and agree with all of it apart from Halkett.

We will struggle to offload a number of the above as frankly they are garbage and no one will be looking to sign them.

Bozanic, Dikamona and MacLean's contracts all end at the end of the season. These surely wont be renewed.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
15 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Some also need to try a bit harder.  It was said above that they'll be excused (mainly) if they bust a gut for the cause.  Problem is that quite a few are without footballing acumen, and aren't fit enough.  We're patently not good enough for a couple of the next few fixtures.  Target the derby and Accies away for extra effort and points.  Just sit in vs Celtic and hope for the best (**** that sounds grim, and I hate myself for typing it) but it's a practical self-preservation strategy, imo.

Nae xmas pies for Walker et al. Sign a few super fit 2nd Div Germans in January, and bob's yer uncle.  :thumbsup:

That’s the debate I think - does booing a player make him try harder or make him play safe and easy and back off difficult play.

It seems without doubt that, no matter what we would want or like to think, with this squad the answer is the latter.

BerraBelieveit

I think our players act so fragile and don't realise how lucky they've got it. Every one of them should come off the pitch at the end knowing they've gave everything & played to their best possible ability. Fans can accept the odd bad performance now and then but when it becomes a weekly occurrence then folk are entitled to get on the players backs. From my point of view I think too many of the players don't understand the club and have no passion about the club & therefore don't really care overly about fans getting on their backs. It infuriates us because we'd give anything to pull on the jersey and give our all for Heart of Midlothian. There is not a hope in hell the players watch that game back from the weekend and can blame any fan for getting on their back. 

Stendel was a brilliant appointment due to his philosophy - high pressing - at Tynecastle that is the perfect game plan to get the fans onside from the first whistle. Tynecastle must be one of the best stadiums out there for that game plan. I have every faith it'll come good when the players on the pitch which, particularly the midfield, stand up and be accounted for. 

15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That’s the debate I think - does booing a player make him try harder or make him play safe and easy and back off difficult play.

It seems without doubt that, no matter what we would want or like to think, with this squad the answer is the latter.

Arrrggh ... wrote out what I thought was a well reasoned response (but lost it with this jumpy site!!!) along the lines of DS needing to instill in them that they can make the occasional mistake with a vertical pass as long as teammates make the runs for them but unfortunately we've a shit midfield that can't beat a man to help.  essentially a right cluster-**** that won't be solved easily, unfortunately.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

Arrrggh ... wrote out what I thought was a well reasoned response (but lost it with this jumpy site!!!) along the lines of DS needing to instill in them that they can make the occasional mistake with a vertical pass as long as teammates make the runs for them but unfortunately we've a shit midfield that can't beat a man to help.  essentially a right cluster-**** that won't be solved easily, unfortunately.

The jumpy site thing is happening to me a lot also - I’ve lost a couple of masterpieces...☺️

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The jumpy site thing is happening to me a lot also - I’ve lost a couple of masterpieces...☺️

They're loss, Tam!  Until the next time, anyway!

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Fine but the new manager has explicitly come out and said we didn’t help the situation on Saturday and he has asked for our help in sorting this out.

We all recognise the players aren’t good enough and that the previous regime was a shambles but we can either keep wallowing in that or park it, move on and get right behind the team as our new manager has explicitly asked us to.  

Fans are frustrated as f....k,  how can you get behind a team that at times cant string three decent passes together,and cant move forward ?   This has been going on for over a year ? And some  of the players are going backwards !  Hope stendel gets as much money as he can to recruit,,and budge fully co operates with him,,   as it's a lot to do with her this mess were in.!

ToadKiller Dog

The new manager has asked us to lay off the players ,all players while he has the chance to try to improve the confidence and see if they can adapt to his style .

I think he deserves that chance ,doesn't mean when cant criticise errors and poor performances but to me ,its dont go over board be that at the stadium or on social media .

We are in danger if talking ourselves into thinking that relegation is the only outcome. 

I'm prepared to give the squad a chance not because of them but because the manager is asking us .

So I will calm down my anger as much as able .

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Fans are frustrated as f....k,  how can you get behind a team that at times cant string three decent passes together,and cant move forward ?   This has been going on for over a year ? And some  of the players are going backwards !  Hope stendel gets as much money as he can to recruit,,and budge fully co operates with him,,   as it's a lot to do with her this mess were in.!

If the manager is asking us and explicitly saying that this gives us a better chance of success then I suggest we collectively suck it up and find a way.  It’s a whole new start we need to park what went before.  

Thought Police
41 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If the manager is asking us and explicitly saying that this gives us a better chance of success then I suggest we collectively suck it up and find a way.  It’s a whole new start we need to park what went before.  

This

Don't get behind the players for their benefit, get behind them for the sake of helping us escape the reality of having to play Alloa next season in the Championship.

A no-brainer for me whether they're deserving of it or not.

VagabondJambo
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Spot on!  Succinct post!

3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The new manager has asked us to lay off the players ,all players while he has the chance to try to improve the confidence and see if they can adapt to his style .

I think he deserves that chance ,doesn't mean when cant criticise errors and poor performances but to me ,its dont go over board be that at the stadium or on social media .

We are in danger if talking ourselves into thinking that relegation is the only outcome. 

I'm prepared to give the squad a chance not because of them but because the manager is asking us .

So I will calm down my anger as much as able .

While I think we need to do more to back the players at the game, I think JKB should be fair game for giving pelters. We need to release steam somewhere! 

Pretty grim that the new manager after his first game has to ask the support to get behind the team. A sad state of affairs. Being a supporter means exactly that. It doesn’t mean being a stupid arsehole and booing the team.

22 hours ago, leginten said:

Still no answer on how you would measure or quantify the impact?

Has booing helped? There is actually no point in answering as you know the answer already.

You mention Clare etc I was willing to give them another chance under the new manager( clearly you are not) I trust Stendel's opinion over yours or anybody else right now and if he deems Clare good enough to be in the team then we should support the team. Craig Levein is no longer in charge and he wont pick players who are deemed to be his favourites. Its time to stand down on personal opinions and back the team.

Why dont you give it a try and get back to me?

He's right. For the love of ****, please refrain from booing the second something goes wrong. A misplaced pass? Don't sit and groan and start shouting "FFS YOU'RE SHITE" let's get behind the team and they'll pick up on the positivity rather than the constant negativity. Stendel is asking for our help to make his job easier to give these players confidence that's been sucked right out by Levein. 

48 minutes ago, Rods said:

Has booing helped? There is actually no point in answering as you know the answer already.

You mention Clare etc I was willing to give them another chance under the new manager( clearly you are not) I trust Stendel's opinion over yours or anybody else right now and if he deems Clare good enough to be in the team then we should support the team. Craig Levein is no longer in charge and he wont pick players who are deemed to be his favourites. Its time to stand down on personal opinions and back the team.

Why dont you give it a try and get back to me?

Give what a try?

50 minutes ago, leginten said:

Give what a try?

Getting behind the team not booing or getting on players backs after one misplaced pass.

Give it a try you may actually feel better yourself aswell. 

We can discuss after the Hamilton game as Celtic game deals with itself for atmosphere.

If we end up relegated or in a play off this season, The lions share of the blame lies with the board, previous management structure and players. But if people can’t see how unhelpful the atmosphere around Tyncastle is at the moment and how the fans will hold some of that responsibility, I fear we may have one foot in the championship already. Surely we can contain our disappointment for a couple of months so as to allow the new manager time to steady the ship. His job is hard enough as it is without us making it harder.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Getting behind the team not booing or getting on players backs after one misplaced pass.

Give it a try you may actually feel better yourself aswell. 

We can discuss after the Hamilton game as Celtic game deals with itself for atmosphere.

So, having finished your trolling for an answer to a question about an issue you know can’t be measured or quantified, you’ve now decided you didn’t want an answer after all. Cool.

Instead you’ve decided to accuse someone who has already stated that he doesn’t boo the team of doing just that. Even cooler. I’m willing to bet I offer a lot more positive support to the team than some of the people on this thread who are idiotically pontificating, Canute-like, about how a football crowd should behave.

I must admit to being amused by their hopeless naivety. They’ve either only been going to the football for a couple of weeks or have been going for longer and have completely failed to understand how football crowds - everywhere - work. If you expect a Hearts crowd which has put up with utter shit for 14 months now not to vent its frustrations at some point, you understand nothing. You may not do it, I may not do it, but thousands will. It’s the nature of the beast. Take that anger and passion away and you’re left with something that doesn’t begin to resemble a football crowd. The Hearts fans have been unbelievably patient and supportive for a long time now. No doubt they will continue to be. But don’t be surprised at people in a football crowd getting angry - or away and watch the snooker.

Leveins Battalion

1st things 1st,Stendel has been in the door 5 days.He unlike us has not had to endure years of utter pish,years of players not giving a feck.Years of Leveins garbage signings and even worse football.

I think Hearts fans have earned the right to be pissed off and boo these imposters at the club.

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

1st things 1st,Stendel has been in the door 5 days.He unlike us has not had to endure years of utter pish,years of players not giving a feck.Years of Leveins garbage signings and even worse football.

I think Hearts fans have earned the right to be pissed off and boo these imposters at the club.

They have, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

57 minutes ago, leginten said:

So, having finished your trolling for an answer to a question about an issue you know can’t be measured or quantified, you’ve now decided you didn’t want an answer after all. Cool.

Instead you’ve decided to accuse someone who has already stated that he doesn’t boo the team of doing just that. Even cooler. I’m willing to bet I offer a lot more positive support to the team than some of the people on this thread who are idiotically pontificating, Canute-like, about how a football crowd should behave.

I must admit to being amused by their hopeless naivety. They’ve either only been going to the football for a couple of weeks or have been going for longer and have completely failed to understand how football crowds - everywhere - work. If you expect a Hearts crowd which has put up with utter shit for 14 months now not to vent its frustrations at some point, you understand nothing. You may not do it, I may not do it, but thousands will. It’s the nature of the beast. Take that anger and passion away and you’re left with something that doesn’t begin to resemble a football crowd. The Hearts fans have been unbelievably patient and supportive for a long time now. No doubt they will continue to be. But don’t be surprised at people in a football crowd getting angry - or away and watch the snooker.

14 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I agree but, based on Saturday only get behind what? Misplaced passes, terrible set pieces, poor challenges?

The atmosphere was okay at the start but the above led to a couple of boos in the Wheatfield at half time and loads more at full time. Jamie W had a crunching challenge cheered to the rafters. Very little else to cheer throughout

Give us something to get behind Daniel and we’ll get behind it

Edited by Jamhammer

16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No point booing the players that we want to save us from relegation

If we start the 11 players that started on Saturday, for the remainder of the season we will get relegated. No doubt about that.  To be honest I kind of admire those of us that go along and still find the will and energy to boo. 

I gave up on booing shite like Bozanic and Clare weeks ago. 

14 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

However he must be aware that we have shown patience for the last 3 years of watching crap

That's a lie.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Are you able to explain how booing the players and getting on their backs is meant to improve their performances?

We do have the right to be pissed off at the performances for the last year. 

However DS has only been here a few days. He will just see a bunch of greeting faced miserable ****ers who are actively hindering the team with their constant negativety. 

Cheering a player being substituted is a disgrace as happened on Saturday to Sean Clare . 

9 hours ago, jambopilms said:

No point booing the players that we want to save us from relegation

Should we cheer them off at half time at Rugby Park 3-0 down? Fireworks? 

Theres every point in letting these clowns  realise that after travelling 160 mile round trip I want more out of them for there 3-5 grand a week. The dust may have settled on Saturdays shambles for some but not me!

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

We do have the right to be pissed off at the performances for the last year. 

However DS has only been here a few days. He will just see a bunch of greeting faced miserable ****ers who are actively hindering the team with their constant negativety. 

Cheering a player being substituted is a disgrace as happened on Saturday to Sean Clare . 

Not booing that clown should be a season long ban! 

21 minutes ago, red said:

Should we cheer them off at half time at Rugby Park 3-0 down? Fireworks? 

Theres every point in letting these clowns  realise that after travelling 160 mile round trip I want more out of them for there 3-5 grand a week. The dust may have settled on Saturdays shambles for some but not me!

You are a clown if you can't tell the difference between not booing and cheering.

If the players can't motivate themselves and find the belief and confidence in themselves along with the support of the management staff then they aren't cut out for elite sport. Can fans give teams and individuals that bit extra? Yes absolutely. But if a professional needs external applause to do their job I'd doubt whether they'd be up for the fight when the chips were down either way.

Fans at each other’s throat because they’ve been badly let down by the club. The only thing the fans have done wrong is not to organise themselves by forcing levein out by protests LAST season. 

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If the players can't motivate themselves and find the belief and confidence in themselves along with the support of the management staff then they aren't cut out for elite sport. Can fans give teams and individuals that bit extra? Yes absolutely. But if a professional needs external applause to do their job I'd doubt whether they'd be up for the fight when the chips were down either way.

Good post.

We can "do our bit" by giving the team encouragement, but we need to see something worth getting behind.

By that I don't expect a team of superstars but the least we can expect is a team giving 100%.

Most fans will give their full backing to any player if we see commitment and effort, regardless of their ability.

Dikamona is a perfect example, not a great player but he gives 100% every week and shows a bit of emotion when things go wrong and as a result fans tend not to get on his back as much as others

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, Prof said:

Pretty grim that the new manager after his first game has to ask the support to get behind the team. A sad state of affairs. Being a supporter means exactly that. It doesn’t mean being a stupid arsehole and booing the team.

He has just turned up. He is fresh. Best he adjusts to reality and quickly.