What did we learn from that?

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, Coco said:

The final one is that I brought in Malaury Martin. That again is not true, It is a complete fabrication. If you are going to associate any players with me surely it would be the ones from Northern Ireland which include the top goalscorer since John Robertson and also the biggest return on investment we have had at the club have been Esmael Goncalves and Kyle Lafferty, two strikers that I recommended be brought in." 

If this is what you are on about, recommended isn't the same as signed 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hectormasson

• innerjambo

• E6 Inc

• suds66

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GorgieFifeLife said:

Walker, Washington, Damour and Mulraney are not good enough either.  4 year deal for Naismith is also a joke, I think he is finished.  There are questions over the long term fitness of Souttar and Haring has been out for a while and had setbacks. Hickey will likely be sold.  That doesnt leave us a lot to go with and unless we have some youngsters ready to step up we need virtually a whole new squad.

In all honesty I don't think any player leaving us would give me a negative feeling and I include Hickey in that if he goes for decent cash.

10 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

We knew, but I think Stendel had to see it for himself. 

Here’s a scary stat.  Last goal we scored in any competition outside of Edinburgh was 25th August v Celtic (Conor Washington penalty).  Almost 4 months ago!

Jesus wept. Is it really that long? At least I witnessed this first hand. Goals and 3 points for us are becoming as rare as rocking horse sh1t these days 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

In all honesty I don't think any player leaving us would give me a negative feeling and I include Hickey in that if he goes for decent cash.

Correct. I dont 'care' about any of them. No heroes amongst them, none at all

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

I would agree with that but I do like Michael Smith. He is fairly consistent and you always get full commitment from him. He does have the odd off day but who doesnt.  It is going to take Stendel a bit of time to sort this mess out.  Keep us up then go from there.

8 hours ago, Jarhead said:

I think we, the fans, learnt nothing new today.

I hope Stendel learnt that without major changes we will probably be relegated.

How Budge thinks the idiots that assembled this ‘team’ should be in charge of youth and recruitment is beyond belief.

Actually it’s not beyond belief considering the amount of bampots who have spent this week desperately justifying her piss poor management.

This hits the nail clearly on the head for me. Get them all into the cleaning department to scrub the place clean as that’s about all the skills they possess. Would help pay their wages till their contracts run down. I’d rather this than put them on gardening leave. AB will be  feeling mugged off like the rest of us

I’m a bit reluctant to go down the “clear out” route tbh. Some fresh blood to reinvigorate the team - definitely.

As we saw with Cathro, even bringing in top class players doesn’t guarantee results if you replace a whole team. Some of the players that left went on to do really well for themselves too.

Cool heads, and good management required ahead of January.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

One of the things I've learned is that Levein should have left the club 14 months ago. No idea why he's still here, maybe one of his bum chums can explain?

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

What I learned from yesterday is that by the end of the month we may well be anchored at the bottom of the league having picked up zero points under the new manager. That's not a dig at DS but I really thought that the players would have picked themselves up a bit yesterday but DS has clearly got a much bigger job to sort them out. What happened to the new manager bounce that we hear about? Before yesterday I was optimist that we would beat St J and Accies at least, get something from Hibs and Aberdeen and be clear of the bottom ready to kick on after the break but I can now see the opposite happening. As for the Celtic game, can we please just give them the points and save everybody from a load of grief.

If we play high pressing with defenders pushing forward, we need to score goals because otherwise we'll get beat every week. I don't see 0-0 draws as being a likely outcome.

No point in talking about high pressing when we can’t use the ball when we win it back.

Also, the talk of the high line being a DS tactical problem is nonsense. We have been getting caught out with balls over our defence from the first game of the season.

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Hopefully not ruined us as far as getting relegated !      " it's a big possibility" weve lost twice to killie ,,,well ,,and st johnstone,among 3 other defeats,,and it's only mid December???let's hope we get a bit of luck,and players back,,,forgetting wednesday,, saturday and the hibs and aberdeen games are massive " 

We still have a chance and to avoid relegation. It really depends what Stendel can do with the current lot. In January he makes a few signings, players start getting used to his style of play, start picking up some victories next year etc etc. still a lot of games to come 

that said, I  fully agree with Nookies previous post 

I am certain, if we give him time, Stendel will change our fortunes as much as I am In no doubt what he has inherited in terms of a squad and culture of losing.

True what you say, Wednesday is a game where Stendel hopefully can take the pressure of the players and send them out to have a go. Not withstanding any points for the septic game the next 3 games are massive for us for sure 

I do think it’s last chance saloon for certain players as I don’t get the feeling Stendel is a guy who will mess around trying to fix players who are already broken 

36 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

One of the things I've learned is that Levein should have left the club 14 months ago. No idea why he's still here, maybe one of his bum chums can explain?

This has been explained many times on more than one thread.

Things are even worse than I thought.  I missed the last few home games, so I turned up yesterday excited,  and looking forward to a new era. Even dispirited, limited squads tend too respond well to a new manager,  no?

Apparently not! Yesterday was as bad as anything that I'd seen before. Some clearly not good enough,  others  completely lacking confidence and belief.  Pathetic. 

I'm actually more concerned now than I was before DS arrived. It's going to be a massive task to get us out of this mess. I hope he's ready to make some big decisions about that bloated squad of underachievers.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

This has been explained many times on more than one thread.

I know, it's still nonsense.

Don’t think the fans learned anything new , we know they’re bereft of confidence and more worryingly have a lack of bottle for a fight . 

What D Stendel will have learned is that if the previous coach offers advice on signings or tactics he should tell him to **** off 

Edited by 3fingersreid

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

We still have a chance and to avoid relegation. It really depends what Stendel can do with the current lot. In January he makes a few signings, players start getting used to his style of play, start picking up some victories next year etc etc. still a lot of games to come 

that said, I  fully agree with Nookies previous post 

I am certain, if we give him time, Stendel will change our fortunes as much as I am In no doubt what he has inherited in terms of a squad and culture of losing.

True what you say, Wednesday is a game where Stendel hopefully can take the pressure of the players and send them out to have a go. Not withstanding any points for the septic game the next 3 games are massive for us for sure 

I do think it’s last chance saloon for certain players as I don’t get the feeling Stendel is a guy who will mess around trying to fix players who are already broken 

He dont look the type that will be told by anyone ,,, ruthless is my opinion ,,,which is good,,,,

3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I would agree with that but I do like Michael Smith. He is fairly consistent and you always get full commitment from him. He does have the odd off day but who doesnt.  It is going to take Stendel a bit of time to sort this mess out.  Keep us up then go from there.

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct. I dont 'care' about any of them. No heroes amongst them, none at all

Our 31 year old right back being the only player we would even slightly miss its pretty telling in itself.

rudi must stay

Have to say watching Hamburg on BT now I have to say Geggenpressen (as I believe it is) is an exciting and effective style played well, within a few seconds they're up the pitch and as Stendel says they are calm in the final third, very calm in fact bringing all the team into play until one of them can get a shot on goal. But I have to say Stendel has a lot of work on his hands for us to play like this 

On 15/12/2019 at 09:25, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

If we were to go down ,it would be down to levein" but it's just as much mrs budge fault   if not more "   he should have went after 0 5 at livi !    He didnt and this is what's happened!!     Mrs budge should have sufficient funds ready for daniel stendel in jan ,and after that,     if shes not going to fund him sufficiently,, why hire him ??? Shes partly responsible for this absolute shambles ,,,so hope she digs deep enough to get us out of it ,,,,,,,,,