What did we learn from that?

tartofmidlothian

We have assembled a squad full of average to mediocre players, with no goalscorer, no width, no pace, no creativity, and no decent goalkeeper.

Today I didn’t think we lacked effort, and we certainly tried to play positively, but the harsh reality is most of our squad aren’t good enough.

Stendel needs to pull several rabbits out the hat in January if he’s going to rescue our season. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hectormasson

• innerjambo

• E6 Inc

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Our players are championship or division 1 players at best. Bin every single one of them, Levein has assembled one of the worst bunch of players in the club's history imo.

PhoenixHearts

Wasn't expecting a massive change overnight, but the team actually came out fairly lively to start the game and I was a wee bit impressed and more than hoepful of change in mentality.

It quickly petered out however, and it's clear we just dont have the players with the strength of character to stick to the gameplan. They seem to shrink into themselves if it doesn't pay immediate dividends.

It's one thing having a bunch of shit players, but even worse having a bunch of shit players with their confidence shot to bits. Too much long term damage. 

29 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

One thing I cannot understand is that CL an experience football manager signed up these players??? Were they really that bad when the arrived? Have we altered them irrevocably ? Is it possible that Stendel can change these players and get them playing the way he wants? If no is the answer then we are in more trouble than I first thought. I thought that the popular view was that these players were better than what is being seen and that with the right coaching they would revert to their former capabilities?

As I recall we went into the summer window looking to add two to three quality players. Ended up behaving like a drunk in a brothel, reality is someone sober should have taken away his credit card...

Just now, Jap Jambo said:

As I recall we went into the summer window looking to add two to three quality players. Ended up behaving like a drunk in a brothel, reality is someone sober should have taken away his credit card...

I bet that they all had stats that looked excellent on Austin's spreadsheet though.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The fans will have learnt nothing,  Stendel will have learnt loads.

This. 

We've known for a year that most of our players are shite. We've also known for a while that the players brought in over the summer are also largely shite. 

I'm clinging to the hope that our returning injured players will improve us and that we might improve the squad in January.

When I say clinging I mean clinging.  Feel like the man in the gallows hoping that the final appeal for clemency comes through.

That my worst fears when I saw a front two of Keena and McLean were not misplaced. 

Can anyone think of a more pathetic strike pair in the league? Did McLean make Stendal a welcome card or something as I can’t fathom how a) he started b) played the whole 90. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Strangely when both teams were without a manager the MSM were saying h1b5 would be  the toughest job out the two!

Hope someone points out at the AGM that thin line of loyalty & stupidity when it came to CL & just how far she is finding herself on the stupidly side.

Just now, oi oi said:

We have employed the German Craig Levein. 

That is shite on so many levels. Have a word with yourself, man.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The main thing was, it was good to see us play a high energy pressing game, especially early in the second half, and try to close the other team down and put them under pressure for a change.

Our confidence is shot, though, and three or four players out there just weren't good enough. New signings are the only thing that will freshen us up.

You definitely took more positives than me.

Horrendous. Not stendel fault.

Players right way through not good enough.

Levein and budge got club in complete shambles 

That St Johnstone are better at gegenpressen than us...

Bozanic is incapable of even being average without Naismith talking him through games.

Clare doesn’t like getting told off my coaches.

Halkett looks overweight and sluggish.

Any team willing to punt balls over Halkett and Berra’s heads will beat us.

Zlamal is half hero/half Zibby.

Walker and Hickey will be great players under Stendel.

Meshino will never play for Man City.

Whelan’s feet have been replaced with a three wood and a sand wedge.

Smith has forgotten how to play RB.

Keena has an imaginary friend who he always lays the ball off too.

MacLean hates us.

The decision to bench Uche today, knowing he wouldn’t be available for the Celtic game was madness. 

We may as well give Wighton another shot.  

Epstein didn’t kill himself.

46 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Dont worry, I’m sure they’ll be back on Monday/Tuesday with the usual insulting posts. “Don’t abuse Levein” while they continue their abuse of other posters

They can all feck off as far as I’m concerned. They’ve been defending that prehistoric chancer for too long now. 

Blind leading the blind in our boardroom unfortunately. 

Outplayed by shite who should have scored 3 or 4.  McLean, bozanic, Clare,  and on today’s form meshino, all should be shown where the door is.  After today I genuinely see no reason why relegation isn’t a possibility 

SomethingAboutObua

Idk about learned, more confirmed, Levein has left us with one of the worst squads for years. I’m talking pre-Levein’s first spell in charge worst squad. 

Also confirmed what many fans expected, we have had 1 injury since Levein left, to our injury prone 30 something who played international football the week before. Absolutely ****ing dreadful the injury crisis went on for so long and Levein never changed the methods to see if it helped. . 

Bozanic and Whelan’s performances today confirm our best midfielder is a guy we signed as our 3rd choice CB and he is, tragically, still out injured. 

Haring and Washington will hopefully make a significant difference when they come back. But in terms of bringing anyone new in, the big issue is the long contracts we've already handed out. I still can't get my head around the 4 year contract for Damour. 

31 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The fans will have learnt nothing,  Stendel will have learnt loads.

Great point Gambo.  That today confirmed for me we are relegation favourites unless Danny can work his magic and get this bunch of snowflakes to start doing what they are well paid for

We learned nothing that we didn't already know:

That we have the most expensively assembled, most mediocre squad in the history of the club.

That the squad reflects the mentality of the manager who built it; dour, dull and completely uninspiring.

That until Stendel can gut the squad during the transfer window, there's no reason to think we can significantly improve results.

That we took far too long to replace Levein. That we are in big trouble. That dinosaur Tommy was able to outfox our new style of play. Whether or not Stendel comes good I do not believe for an instant we would be in as bad a position and under so much pressure under Robinson or Ross who could have been in post for at least 6 weeks.

28 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

That my worst fears when I saw a front two of Keena and McLean were not misplaced. 

Can anyone think of a more pathetic strike pair in the league? Did McLean make Stendal a welcome card or something as I can’t fathom how a) he started b) played the whole 90. 

We have Maclean up front, now into the second year of a two year contract, we have Craig Wighton wearing our shirt, and some folk have the nerve to use finance as a reason not to sack Levein properly? 

41 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Our players are championship or division 1 players at best. Bin every single one of them, Levein has assembled one of the worst bunch of players in the club's history imo.

You can not be serious, we have been told by many for months that Levein has assembled the best squad of players to be seen at Tynecastle in years. :whistling:

2 minutes ago, suds66 said:

You can not be serious, we have been told by many for months that Levein has assembled the best squad of players to be seen at Tynecastle in years. :whistling:

Yep, you're right, I must remember to get my eyes tested. 

47 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

We have assembled a squad full of average to mediocre players, with no goalscorer, no width, no pace, no creativity, and no decent goalkeeper.

Today I didn’t think we lacked effort, and we certainly tried to play positively, but the harsh reality is most of our squad aren’t good enough.

Stendel needs to pull several rabbits out the hat in January if he’s going to rescue our season. 

There was a serious problem all game that neither full back had anyone to link with. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have Maclean up front, now into the second year of a two year contract, we have Craig Wighton wearing our shirt, and some folk have the nerve to use finance as a reason not to sack Levein properly? 

You couldn't make it up. Budge really has a lot to answer for, her continued close friendship with Levein has done this club serious damage!!

We need to lose MacLean, Bozanic, Berra and bring in as much pace as possible.  We never turn defences, have no ability to create chances.  All this chat about us having a good squad on paper is nonsense.  It is imbalanced and gutless!

If you were of  suspicious mind you might suspect Levein or McPhee has a vested interest in some of the signings we have made beyond the players ability to make Hearts a better team. Just saying

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

I recommend whisky in large doses. It's doing the trick for me right now!!

:sadrobbo:

Sounds a plan, got a nice bottle of malt to open!! 

Still no urgency, still to drive or passion.

Keena is to hold up play what rubber is to glue 

Bozanic slows us down even more 

Clare tried harder but still does not have the heart to be a professional footballer.

Meshino will never make it at Man City 

Halkett looks about 4 weeks away from being fit 

Zlamal is a liability, he made a couple of good blocks but it usually stemmed from his dithering and indecisiveness.

Maclean would have been a good player for us ten years ago but his last decent run of games came in a st johnstone shirt

Today's result once again confirmed our squad is in a relegation scrap, worryingly they have no fight. Stendhal must be backed to get his staff in and to overhaul the squad in January. Staff responsible for assembling this squad should be sacked.

Arthur Morgan

Not even Klopp could work with this 'squad'. Levein has truly ripped the heart out of the club and left Stendel with a pile of shite. I actually feel sorry for Stendel taking on this car crash. 

felt a bit more positive and on the front foot as opposed to the passive nonsense of late. Number of players confidence is shot with no responsibility to drive forward / shoot whatever, all happy to offload sideways. Some players just aren't good enough, confident that sputter, Washington , haring, Mulraney and Naismith will make a huge difference. when it got difficult they reverted to how they've been recently. levies left DS a bag of shit and I learned that Kennedy for St.J is an arse. 

Captain Canada

I didn't learn anything new. We have two good players in Hickey and Smith. 

Bobby is an absolute joke, Bozanic is woeful in possession, Keena was an embarrassment and we have zero goal threat. 

I'd expect a Cathro quantity of signings in January or else we're completely screwed.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The main thing was, it was good to see us play a high energy pressing game, especially early in the second half, and try to close the other team down and put them under pressure for a change.

Our confidence is shot, though, and three or four players out there just weren't good enough. New signings are the only thing that will freshen us up.

As I left the ground the only words that were going through my head were "Craig Levein, hang your head in shame". He brought those players to our club, he couldn't manage them and today I went along just hoping that maybe it was down to the ultra defensive style of play he insisted on playing constantly and that with an attacking outlook those players that were failing to impress would come out of their shells and express themselves to the new manager. While it will be up the new manager, who I left feeling so sorry for, what a way to find out what you have inherited, I would think that he would be looking to retain Michael Smith, Craig Halkett, Aaron Hickey and at a push Jamie Walker. And along with the players presently out of the side such as Souttar, Haring and Naismith use these as the basis for the squad going forward, get rid of the rest and set about building an HMFC team and first team squad again. And his hunt needs to start from day one in January, because following the conclusion of the game next week at Hamilton I now expect to see us rooted to the bottom of the league and it will be a mammoth struggle to get off the bottom once there.i

Edited by portobellojambo1

10 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

That out best player is 17

It just beggars belief, it really does. Today was the first time I had been in few months, because I absolutely detest Levein, and everything he stands for. I was truly shocked mate, we are honking, really really honking!!

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

As I left the ground the only wrods that were going through my head were "Craig Levein, hang your head in shame". He brought those players to our club, he couldn't manage them and today I went along just hoping that maybe it was down to the ultra defensive style of play he insisted on playing constantly and that with an attacking outlook those players that were failing to impress would come out of their shells and express themselves to the new manager. While it will be up the new manager, who I left feeling so sorry for, what a way to find out what you have inherited, I would think that he would be looking to retain Michael Smith, Craig Halkett, Aaron Hickey and at a push Jamie Walker. And along with the players presently out of the side such as Souttar, Haring and Naismith use these as the basis for the squad going forward, get rid of the rest and set about building an HMFC team and first team squad again. And his hunt needs to start from day one in January, because following the conclusion of the game next week at Hamilton I now expect see us rooted to the bottom of the league and it will be a mammoth struggle to get off the bottom once there.i

Fair post PJ

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Exactly what I said to my mate. Couldn’t fault the effort today but quality is seriously lacking and unless it’s addressed in January we will go down 

What did we learn from that ?

That the abuse handed out to Austin MacPhee was unwarranted.

The players either aren’t good enough or don’t care enough to perform.

We learned this. Call it punishment or retribution but Levein/ McPhee should be kicked out of HMFC, ASAP as their legacy has been almost criminal.  
These are players bereft of confidence who are programmed to pass back / side and the least goal savvy team I have ever seen at Tynecastle in 30 years. 
The audacity of Levein offering advice to the new man is like Corbyn telling us how to win an election. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Berra was good, Damour looked promising too.

Berra was what????

Nah, it wasnt his worst game but the bar is set so low with him nowadays!!