What did we learn from that?

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

The main thing was, it was good to see us play a high energy pressing game, especially early in the second half, and try to close the other team down and put them under pressure for a change.

Our confidence is shot, though, and three or four players out there just weren't good enough. New signings are the only thing that will freshen us up.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hectormasson

• innerjambo

• E6 Inc

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously Stendel can't be blamed since he's just in the door, but "high pressing game" and any player being described as "good" or "promising" does not correspond at all with what I just watched. 

The players are not good enough, and we need there to be changes in January or we are in real trouble. 

Just now, steve123 said:

Could be a blessing in disguise if Stendel was in any doubt he certainly will not be now !!

Thats true. Today should have been the fresh start we've needed all season - new gaffer, worst team in the league at home... we still ****ed it. 

I'm actually loath to even refer to that team as 'we' they couldn't be further disconnected from the minimum expectations of the fan base. Cowards to a man.

I thought the higher lines left us exposed on quite a few occasions.

We didn’t look any more dangerous or threatening committing more players forward, but the space and time Saints found in behind was alarming.

If you’re going to play like that, you need to have the players to support it and we simply don’t.

Nothing about today was positive. No reaction from the players. The inability to do the basics still on show. No fight. No desire. Total lack of professionalism on show yet again. 

Levein has assembled a squad totally lacking character with the exception of Naismith.

A bunch of absolute pussies who'd rather hide than roll up their sleeves and get on with it.

Guys like Walker, Clare, Uche, Bozanic etc. have absolutely no balls whatsoever.

The majority of that team are not good enough for Hearts. Hopefully Stendel learned that.

There is no way on earth that Cochrane and McDonald are not better than Bozanic and Clare.  Chuck in Mclean, Keena, Berra, Walker, Zlamal and it is pretty grim. Unless we can get/keep Naismith and Washington fit we will be relegated. We have absolutely zero gaol threat without them

Stampy4England
10 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The main thing was, it was good to see us play a high energy pressing game, especially early in the second half, and try to close the other team down and put them under pressure for a change.

Our confidence is shot, though, and three or four players out there just weren't good enough. New signings are the only thing that will freshen us up.

Mate..... infact I better not. Just put the phone away for the night.

Levein has left us up shit creek. 

You could see early on that Stendel was raging at the lack of urgency so I at least have hope he will punt half this lot of utter charlatans.

What I learned is January will be the most important month in the last 5 years.

Top of the list is a striker who scores goals.

Life and death requirement.

We are in serious trouble.

A badly assembled and clearly poorly trained bloated squad.  Levein and his coaching team  has truly ****ed us.  

there are players there on good contracts who know this is good as it gets.  Good luck getting them moved on.

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats true. Today should have been the fresh start we've needed all season - new gaffer, worst team in the league at home... we still ****ed it. 

I'm actually loath to even refer to that team as 'we' they couldn't be further disconnected from the minimum expectations of the fan base. Cowards to a man.

Could not agree more, next 6 months needs to be allowing him to keep us up and mould his own team, disgusting we have been allowed to get into this situation !!

Edited by steve123

15 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Berra was good, Damour looked promising too.

Christ on a bike . What game were you actually watching... Incredible

That...

Levein has ****ed the club

Budge has to go 

Zonal marketing is shite

Having a spine of Berra, Whelan and Maclean is far too old 

Only 3 of the players today should be retained

We lack creativity and pace badly 

The squad needs a complete overhaul

Oh wait I knew all this stuff months ago 

Being shit is now a habit because it was left too long. Whelan and moshino are shadows of the player they were a couple of months ago. DS will have had his eyes opened and hopefully he learns quicker than our players.

Clare,Walker,moshino, are the last players you would want in a relegation battle.

The problem is that CL has left us a terrible legacy of long contracts... Naismith being probably the most idiotic signing of his tenure, he was brought in to be something for the future... and it looks now that this will all just fizzle out like he has.

I still remain confident that Stendel can get us up the table though but his hands are tied with so many really poor players to move on.

AlphonseCapone

We learnt that this squad, almost to a man but one or two exceptions, is ****ing gash and that we need to hope to whatever God there might be that Stendel keeps us up because it's not a given, we could be ****ed. After that, we clear out, yet again, and start again. 

His tactics should be working but we have too many pish and spineless players.

The goalkeeping situation is beyond a joke and that just unsettles the entire team. Bobby's kicks could barely make the half way line, absolutely hopeless.

Big window coming up. Goalkeeper, centre back, winger, midfielder and striker at a minimum to fix this.

Edited by kila

The only positive today, Hmmm? Daniel at least gets no false impression on some of these imposters calling themselves players, mass clear out is coming...

17 minutes ago, Armadale Jambo said:

Middle to front we lack pace. Walker, Bozanic, Whelan, McLean all slow. 

Clare done nothing again. 

Pace is what we need all over the pitch we are slow 

Levein has left me ragin what we are left with, total lack of quality and guts, in a relegation dogfight with hamilton and i fancy them to be more up for it, cant pick out many pass marks from that lot today at all, dont see anything in Keena at all, Moshino looks done already, whole team lacks confidence, dont even get me going on the goalkeeping situation, get gordon back in january, berra looks finished, 3 and 4 year deals for some of these boys ffs :facepalm:

ToadKiller Dog

What I learned, likely already knew ,that squad are mentally ****ed .

No confidence no heart and little fight. 

Even the better players confidence vanishes quick as .

They will take us down unless major surgery is carried after new year .

Jambo diehard

The cold was bad enough today but watching the match chilled me more, we are a distance away from being a team that can compete, another worry is what cash is there for changes? 

Not a fan of panic Jan buys but something needs to change and the majority of that squad are simply not good enough, the lack of pace is demoralising, it's like some of them are wearing wellies? 

One thing I cannot understand is that CL an experience football manager signed up these players??? Were they really that bad when the arrived? Have we altered them irrevocably ? Is it possible that Stendel can change these players and get them playing the way he wants? If no is the answer then we are in more trouble than I first thought. I thought that the popular view was that these players were better than what is being seen and that with the right coaching they would revert to their former capabilities?

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That we're going down.

January is the saving grace. 

Praying to christ Stendel can bring in some balls and pace in. 

Otherwise we're doomed. 

25 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hopefully more of you happy clapping morons have learnt just how far Craig “Still Has Something to Offer” Levein has ruined us. 

Dont worry, I’m sure they’ll be back on Monday/Tuesday with the usual insulting posts. “Don’t abuse Levein” while they continue their abuse of other posters

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

January is the saving grace. 

Praying to christ Stendel can bring in some balls and pace in. 

Otherwise we're doomed. 

Correct.

I think the board know that they will have to back him in January.

Anne is undoing her early good stuff, why bring in a manager but not get his assistant in as well? 
Why are the two men, Levein and McPhee, who are responsible for recruiting this dross still here

and, incredibly, being allowed to be joint Sporting Directors? 

Not sure we necessarily learnt this today, but if I were in charge I'd be doing everything I can to get Daniel's backroom team in place. It's a big job, and he needs to have the right support around him. 

4 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Anne is undoing her early good stuff, why bring in a manager but not get his assistant in as well? 
Why are the two men, Levein and McPhee, who are responsible for recruiting this dross still here

Spot on, DS.

6 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Stendel needs his team. These clowns aren't and turfing out Daly and Fox would hopefully mean we could bring in one other. Punting Levein at the end of the season will free up a hell of a lot of money too. 

TBH if Levein is still drawing a wage the man should never be seen down Gorgie way again. 

I’ve learnt that just because you’ve played professional football doesn’t mean you know a player that’s worth signing , levein thanks for all that shite you’ve left us , go and get to **** as far away from this club as is possible , 

We started really strong first half. Put them under lots of pressure. Got a few corners and had the odd shot at goal. It was clear to see how unfit our team are. Most of them looked completely ****ed half way through the 2nd half. Clare just needs to gtf. Never in my life have I seen an attacking midfield player, so scared to try and beat a man with the ball at his feet. I'm not sure we can play that high pressing game on a larger pitch due to the players at hand. We are going to concede a lot of goals to better teams. That is ok, if you have a strong attack but we don't. 

36 minutes ago, Bauld said:

What I learned is January will be the most important month in the last 5 years.

Top of the list is a striker who scores goals.

Life and death requirement.

Perhaps Scotland could organise a friendly so that we can get Naismith back?