*** Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***

rmreido

20 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Lots of folk thinking DS brought a new squad with him.

Ha!  My thoughts exactly.... He still has the same squad and the same injuries.  Right now it's more about application and attitude, and showing they are listening to the new style....... Fingers crossed we see a good improvement... 🤞

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shanks said no
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's magnanimous of you.

:lol:

Couldn’t help myself, just hope everyone’s optimism that 4 days of a new coach can turn round months of dross, with the same players including Sean bloody Clare 

🤞

The fact he's promoted Kirk and is not looking for the advice of the three others is good. Took one look at the table probably and thought, what's the point ?

The intention is obvious. Berra, Whelan and McLean sticking to their positions. The other 7 mobile and being more dynamic and not as predictable to the opposition. 

Edited by GinRummy

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You've gone down in my estimation, Geoff. :(

Didn't think it could be any lower.

I'm sure that we'll pick up three points today.

However, we need to temper our expectations for the weeks ahead. A new manager, any new manager, can only do so much ... much of it still rests with the players, and there are many question marks there.

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hope you enjoy the game. I'm out drinking all day, so I'm probably best advised staying away from this thread later. Whatever the score.

Looking forward to your evening contributions.

:jj:

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Did the wankpiece doing the interview giggle along with that feckin sheep shagging feckin twat featured ringpiece toaly faced rimjob guttersnipe prick Gordon erse ? 

Don't hold back jonno, say what you feel.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Did the wankpiece doing the interview giggle along with that feckin sheep shagging feckin twat featured ringpiece toaly faced rimjob guttersnipe prick Gordon erse ? 

lol, can throw in Mikey S who reckoned we were fecked if we didn't start well...

MacLean gets picked by different managers . Maybe brings more to the team than most of us think ?

Listening to the 'professionals' on radio scrabbling about for negatives . You'd think our own fans would be more positive ?

Hey ho

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm sure that we'll pick up three points today.

However, we need to temper our expectations for the weeks ahead. A new manager, any new manager, can only do so much ... much of it still rests with the players, and there are many question marks there.

yep

21 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Don’t know if you’ve picked me up wrong but I wasn’t criticising Stendel, just pointing out that having watched the last three games he will already have formed an opinion on some players.

Quoted you for the reply and wasn't specifically aimed at you so apologies for you thinking that.

It was aimed at at the same posters my first post referred to.

Some need to give him a chance and get behind the team.

Just now, johnthomas said:

MacLean gets picked by different managers . Maybe brings more to the team than most of us think ?

Listening to the 'professionals' on radio scrabbling about for negatives . You'd think our own fans would be more positive ?

Hey ho

As I said a few posts ago. It’s Berra. Whelan and Mclean holding there positions. The rest of the team hard pressing and running.

No drastic changes to the 11 so will be interesting to see how they get on under the new manager. 

I reckon we'll be a lot better and the signs of change will be apparent. That said, I still think a 2-2 draw

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Far too kind a description for that galloot.

Jambo, Goodbye

I'm predicting 2-2 

Higher passion and workrate but the usual comical defending.

Please win Hearts! 

Everyone I know that’s trained or played with MacLean raves about him. Says he’s a great player and has a great attitude. Does loads of things on the park we don’t notice. Am not his biggest fan but willing to give him a go today. 

Just watching the Hearts TV video, interesting to see Stendel taking the warm up, looks like he's treating it as a training session.

Edited by jam80s

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Everyone I know that’s trained or played with MacLean raves about him. Says he’s a great player and has a great attitude. Does loads of things on the park we don’t notice. Am not his biggest fan but willing to give him a go today. 

I mean you do get guys like that. I just don't see it with MacLean. Like not at all!!

Start of last season you could see he looked clever, moved defenders around to make space for others and was quite cute on the ball

But for probably 14 months he's basically been a waste of a jersey. Tries to be clever, tries to wind folk up, tries to be tough, tries to be a CF. Problem is his flicks never come off, he's not clever enough to wind up others, his finishing instincts are non existent and he spends more time trying to be smart instead of doing simple things well.

He's like a Sunday league Naismith. Maybe he tried to take over SNs role and just doesn't have that skillset. Forgot to stick to what he's good at.

Thats about as negative as you'll see me re a Hearts player btw!!! Not a booer!

Hope he manages to find some form under Danny. I guess just because he's a veteran, doesn't mean he wouldn't struggle with confidence and lack of direction any more than say Clare or Uche, who I've always cut slack.

He can’t change the personnel. 

Naismith, Washington, Haring and Souttar would all play today if available. As would Mulraney. 

McDonald and Cochrane have been mentioned as having a chance but are loaned out until year end.  

It is more about seeing what kind of shape and tactics he employs. 

57 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Not a very inspirational team selection, but will give him 45 minutes at least

How generous. 

Just now, TheBigO said:

I mean you do get guys like that. I just don't see it with MacLean. Like not at all!!

Start of last season you could see he looked clever, moved defenders around to make space for others and was quite cute on the ball

But for probably 14 months he's basically been a waste of a jersey. Tries to be clever, tries to wind folk up, tries to be tough, tries to be a CF. Problem is his flicks never come off, he's not clever enough to wind up others, his finishing instincts are non existent and he spends more time trying to be smart instead of doing simple things well.

He's like a Sunday league Naismith. Maybe he tried to take over SNs role and just doesn't have that skillset. Forgot to stick to what he's good at.

Thats about as negative as you'll see me re a Hearts player btw!!! Not a booer!

Hope he manages to find some form under Danny. I guess just because he's a veteran, doesn't mean he wouldn't struggle with confidence and lack of direction any more than say Clare or Uche, who I've always cut slack.

I get all those frustrations mate, I see the same. I am willing to give him a new start tho. Sometimes those flicks and moves, runs etc need other players to be on the same wave length. Sometimes players play a great pass to no one, the players playing the pass gets the grief but in reality it was a good ball that someone should’ve read. That’s football tho. Happy to see how we get on today with a proper tempo. 

Probably already mentioned but no Daly, Fox or MacPhee in sight on pitch, or even Tom Taylor, just seems to be Mikey Williams (if I've got that right) and Kirk. Kirk very vocal in the drills, noticeable change from the usual pre match routine

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I get all those frustrations mate, I see the same. I am willing to give him a new start tho. Sometimes those flicks and moves, runs etc need other players to be on the same wave length. Sometimes players play a great pass to no one, the players playing the pass gets the grief but in reality it was a good ball that someone should’ve read. That’s football tho. Happy to see how we get on today with a proper tempo. 

I remember that happening to Gary MacKay. He'd get loads of flak for giving the ball away but it was so often the right pass, not anticipated by players worse than him!!

Aye, clean slate from me too. As i say, I'm supportive to a fault with our players generally, always think they'll click. SM has done my nut in though!!! Something about the guy gets to me. Probably quite unfairly!

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

99 red balloons now

Hope Nicole 'A Little Peace' from Eurovision is in there somewhere

😁

:D I was just thinking that Nena's tune would be a good choice. Did he play the English or German version?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

99 red balloons. 

😂😂😂😂

We have an anthem. 

You’ll need to explain to the thickoes like me who don’t get it. 🤷‍♂️

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

99 red balloons now

Hope Nicole 'A Little Peace' from Eurovision is in there somewhere

😁

knowing Scott I'd wager he'll play Duel by Propganda