*** Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***

rmreido

3 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

This is what we all said would be the problem, you would need to be exceptional in high pressing to make it work week in week out, otherwise the opposition get time to go for the berra hoof right over you. 

Tommy Wright "I watched how Stendel got Barnsley to play and knew we'd get a lot of space in behind. We worked on trying to deal with that if they are going to press you as high up the pitch."

Their goal came from a set play and their only other real chance’s came from errors from us. They done literally nothing to nullify a press and we only played a press half heartedly (and that’s being generous). Let’s not pretend Stendel has been sussed out. 🙈🙈

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LarrysRightFoot

Tell you what with the players we have (when all fit), a more positive style of play allied to a little bit of confidence or even luck and we will be fine.

Yesterday was awful but Stendel and our better players need a little bit of time. 

It still hurts though as that is the worst St Johnstone team I have ever seen. 

15 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If we cant pull 2 players, from anywhere within club, to immediately replace Clare and Macleans performance levels, then its probably best if we start to consider ending the academy project. 

Stendel seemed to think Maclean understood what he wanted but lacked support. I have to say I agreed with him, I thought he did not too bad considering the lack of support he got.

I did notive that players such as Clare and Bozanic wanted the ball much more than they have doen previously however what they did with it was just the same old.

There is still a distinct lack of movement from  players to create space to take a pass and we just don't have anyone who can score a goal other than Naismith who hardly ever plays.

You just pray that we not going see an embarrassingly short tenure.

We sack or he walks.

"Oh, good job we kept the existing coaching staff. You fans need to be careful in what you wish for"

I am so ****ing down after yesterday.

I really have no belief in our squad, whatsoever.

Naismith, Haring & Soutar would most definitely improve. How long would they last? How close are they?

Washington? Bit unknown.

I was looking for a reaction yesterday, what we got was ****ing appalling.

24 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Want to see the highlights for walker challenge. Possibly a straight red

happened right in front of me in section D,   Mate,  It was a an assault, he knew what he was intending to do and carried it out, forearm smash right into the back of Walkers neck/head,  that thug Aalston was instructed to nail him Imo.

when I heard the team any confidence I had evaporated quickly especially with Bobby, Bozanic & Keena playing.

Was Brandon injured or suspended