*** Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***

rmreido

9 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Uche has been found out. He was an unknown quality last season and opposing defences didn't have a clue about how to deal with him. Now they've sussed out how to play against him and have virtually eliminated his effectiveness. He's got the heart of a lion but that's not enough. Ten goals in 46 games is way short of being good enough for HMFC. Unless DS can get a different tune out of him I doubt he'll feature much going forward.

If they played him in his best position and to his strengths I get the feeling that D S would get a lot more out of him. 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

If they played him in his best position and to his strengths I get the feeling that D S would get a lot more out of him. 

He's not a right winger that's for sure. 

If you can get him releasing the ball early and channelling his energy correctly he has been effective in the past. 

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If Hearts fans were singing them in the Hearts end then they were probably Hearts songs too.

You shouldn't deny little facts like that, regardless of how uncomfortable you may find them. 

OK then, not Rangers songs, sectarian songs. Is that better for you?

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Why? Was singing Rule Britannia, Green grassy slopes or GStQ? Doubt that very much.

Problem is that we are struggling for forward players so that in itself will be why Uche gets games for the forseeable. The options are Wighton, a striker who doesn't know where the goals are, Keena who never gets games (might change under Stendel), McLean who is too old for top league football now and Washington who's injured anyway. (anyone know what's happening with him by chance?) So not a lot to go with. I'm okay with Uche playing for the moment. Until Stendel can get a goalscorer in in January, we have to go with what we've got. Long term I don't see Uche with us but happy to have him around at this stage.

Washington has been working in the gym and running as well

Think he will be back pretty soon. 😊

2 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

Sorry mate, but if it was the same song I was hearing at certain points that day, I think that it is safe to say that "going for 55" is not a Hearts song.

Not that one, the sectarian one. You know what I mean.

1 minute ago, bistokid said:

If you can get him releasing the ball early and channelling his energy correctly he has been effective in the past. 

He has played out wide a couple of times and caused havoc for defences by running at them imo. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Washington has been working in the gym and running as well

Think he will be back pretty soon. 😊

Good. We could do with another option or two up there at the moment. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Maybe the new boss will play to his strengths hopefully 👍

Just now, Musemic said:

Uche has been found out. He was an unknown quality last season and opposing defences didn't have a clue about how to deal with him. Now they've sussed out how to play against him and have virtually eliminated his effectiveness. He's got the heart of a lion but that's not enough. Ten goals in 46 games is way short of being good enough for HMFC. Unless DS can get a different tune out of him I doubt he'll feature much going forward.

You have seen a list of goal scorers for Hearts the last few seasons, aye ?

Good enough for HMFC ?

What is ?

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He has played out wide a couple of times and caused havoc for defences by running at them imo. 

He can't run with the ball, cross the ball. Imbalances the team and doesn't play to his strengths. He was OK v ST Mirren and a compete passenger any other time. 

Will be interesting selection today one way or another. 👍

Edited by bistokid

1 minute ago, Des' Dad said:

Not that one, the sectarian one. You know what I mean.

Yeah, that sounds believable to be honest.

A lot more believable than my post which was completely made up! 😄

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

OK then, not Rangers songs, sectarian songs. Is that better for you?

Yep. That'll do. 👍

letsalldothebeattie

For the first time in a while im confident going into this game, excited to see how a Daniel Stendel Hearts team looks.

Prediction of 3-0 Hearts don't care scorers just want to see us go and play with style and a real threat going forward

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

A lot more believable than my post which was completely made up! 😄

I see you've got to grips with this Kickback thingy :D

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I see you've got to grips with this Kickback thingy :D

It's a proper hoot mate! Just getting warmed up tbh. Who knows what belters I'll be coming out with next! 😃

Interesting midfield and front pairing.

M.Smith and Bozanic centre mid. Clare and Walker either side of them.

Keena and Maclean up top.

🇱🇻 🇱🇻 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by Davie Deans

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

🇱🇻 🇱🇻 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

If true, the idea of Walker being a No 10 is dead. Which is good!

19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yep. That'll do. 👍

we could do with a lot more sec...  actually maybe not IMO

just watching the DS presser from yesterday on Hearts TV - really love his honesty.  There is none of the pandering or bs that usually accompanies incoming managers.  Well worth a watch.

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

🇱🇻 🇱🇻 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Two strikers! 

Keena to do the running for McLean. 

8 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

🇱🇻 🇱🇻 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

FFS surely not MacLean starting. 😣

16 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

🇱🇻 🇱🇻 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Levein would have been lambasted for that team ... Stendel will be heralded as a genius!

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein would have been lambasted for that team ... Stendel will be heralded as a genius!

It's how the team performs that matters 

Austin MacGlee

Can't wait for the Daniel Stendel era to begin. I expect Tynecastle will be rocking today and it'll spur the players on to victory. HHGH FTH 

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Davie Deans said:

🇱🇻 🇱🇻 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

You’re either a slavering, deluded fantasist...pretending to be ITK, to boost your confidence (which is pathetic in the extreme).

Or...a risk for HMFC, disclosing the team lineup a couple of hours before we officially release it. I’m sure DS would be happy that someone was publishing his first ever lineup on JKB before he announces it...so if you’re correct then you’re a complete and utter fecking disgrace.

cardboardcutout

First thing Stendel would've done is reassure the players that he's not coming in with prejudice! Clean slate starting today show me you're good enough.

Would be beneficial if the fans set aside their opinions for a while and observe the change!

I would like to see, 

El gato

Brandon, Smith, Halkett, hickey

Whelan

Irving, walker

Clare, keena, mashino

That's assuming naismith injured then he would replace Keena

Clare given a shot to actually play football, otherwise I would want a proper winger like Morrison to play out wide. 

That team has pace, some skill and energy

7 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You’re either a slavering, deluded fantasist...pretending to be ITK, to boost your confidence (which is pathetic in the extreme).

Or...a risk for HMFC, disclosing the team lineup a couple of hours before we officially release it. I’m sure DS would be happy that someone was publishing his first ever lineup on JKB before he announces it...so if you’re correct then you’re a complete and utter fecking disgrace.

Agree. 

Think it's probably your first paragraph that's right. 

1 hour ago, Fifejambo 51 said:

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Subs 

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Mulraney

Wighton

Mulraney suspended, but apart from that I’d go with this team. 

1 hour ago, bistokid said:

He can't run with the ball, cross the ball. Imbalances the team and doesn't play to his strengths. He was OK v ST Mirren and a compete passenger any other time. 

Will be interesting selection today one way or another. 👍

Take it you missed the rangers game then

2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Grab folks baws at corners, get booked, smile at the ref...sarcastically.

Cannot believe he wiil start. 

He is exactly the opposite player that the manager would want, surely. 

Lazy and arrogant as well. 

4 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Stendel tends to prefer younger players. May be forced to play him for the moment until the transfer window, especially with the injury situation with Naismith and Washington but if he's not away in the January window he won't get a re-newed contract in the summer.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

he wouldn’t be starting if Naismith and Washington were options though would he.. we literally don’t have anyone else.. 

I suspect hoofing it at Uche is not part of Stendels plan, so let’s breathe and give it a chance..

ill be satisfied if we start to play the right way, and move the right way - and show the correct effort and application.. 

57 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I guess it’s how the manger implements it. 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

he wouldn’t be starting if Naismith and Washington were options though would he.. we literally don’t have anyone else.. 

I suspect hoofing it at Uche is not part of Stendels plan, so let’s breathe and give it a chance..

ill be satisfied if we start to play the right way, and move the right way - and show the correct effort and application.. 

and to be fair, MacLean was significant in our attacking style when we started the season well last year.

32 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Grab folks baws at corners, get booked, smile at the ref...sarcastically.

And give the fans a GIRFUY if he scores

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

and to be fair, MacLean was significant in our attacking style when we started the season well last year.

he was .. 

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Are you a positive trumpet?

I don't think 0-0 would be the worst result to start with. Anything but a defeat would be fine. New managers need time and the best way to buy time is with momentum. As long as he avoids defeat in his first game he'll be doing okay. 

He's had the players for a week or so, it's going to take longer than that to turn the H.M.S Levein around.

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

I'm sure I'm not the first to say to you, FTH. Joined less than a month ago and every single post having a go at our club, especially our best player

Haha, you are the first, and I have absolutely not been having a go at Hearts. Total heehaw. I live in the real world, you should try it some time.

50 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

To be fair to Davie Deans, he gets more right than he gets wrong.

Although, I totally agree with you about not giving the line-up on here before the manager has released it publically.

I doubt Tommy Wright will have folk trawling messageboards looking for potential team line ups ffs. It’s announced 75mins before kick off regardless.

9 times out of 10 it’s incorrect anyway.

Edited by Whatever

7 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

I don't think 0-0 would be the worst result to start with. Anything but a defeat would be fine. New managers need time and the best way to buy time is with momentum. As long as he avoids defeat in his first game he'll be doing okay. 

He's had the players for a week or so, it's going to take longer than that to turn the H.M.S Levein around.

He’s had the players for 4 days. Not hoping for miracles but signs of positivity will do for me today 

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I doubt Tommy Wright will have folk trawling messageboards looking for potential team line ups ffs. It’s announced 75mins before kick off regardless.

9 times out of 10 it’s incorrect anyway.

There is actually one poster on here (can’t name him as he hasn’t posted on this thread) who regularly gets the line-ups bang on.