*** Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone Official Match Thread ***

rmreido

Going to go for something stupid like say 4-3 Hearts. Hope we see a good attacking performance with the players coming out of their shells a bit. We're still poor defensively though and theres sod all we can do about it till we get Soapy back in defence and maybe get another CB in (Whats Jimmy Dunne up to at the minute?)

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• sadj

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0-0 all over it. Players trying to adopt a new style. Players not suited to a new style. St Johnstone well drilled and stuffy. No obvious goal scorer in either team.

0-0 all over it. 

I just hope we (fans) stay with the team throughout the game and try not to get negative if things aren't fully going our way.

Let's get fully behind Stendel and the team. Encouragement is key!

2 hours ago, maggieb said:

You Sir Busby can cancel your Christmas ,you are the unknown to sit alongside oor management team 👍

you cannot be serious!! 

Halkett on the left side of defence, Irving on the right hand side of the midfield instead of in the middle, Clare on the left, Damour in the middle instead of Glen Whelan (or Irving) and Stephen MacLean anywhere close to the starting line up? 

Don’t give up your day job.  

57 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I just hope we (fans) stay with the team throughout the game and try not to get negative if things aren't fully going our way.

Let's get fully behind Stendel and the team. Encouragement is key!

I disagree, ignore the support, listen to the manager and play your game.

Experience tells me the support in parts will not conform and will be desperate for some form of negativity. 

"Get behind your favourites" needs binned.

"Get behind the team" needs belted out.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, TheTrumpet said:

She's fitter than she looks for her age. How did she get on?

3rd place on debut,  not a bad run at all

3 hours ago, TheTrumpet said:

0-0 all over it. Players trying to adopt a new style. Players not suited to a new style. St Johnstone well drilled and stuffy. No obvious goal scorer in either team.

0-0 all over it. 

Are you a positive trumpet?

4 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hopefully some Kraftwerk on the tannoy tomorrow - The Model will do.

Decent, catchy music.....   The Model is that....

AlphonseCapone

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow's game which isn't something I've felt much recently. 

Reckon we'll win 2-0, Meshino and Uche. Fancy a good performance, and a bit of excitement.

Not had Hearts on my coupon much this season and they've let me down when I have. 

Not tomorrow. The Hearts are on it and feel confident we'll win.

3-1.

15 hours ago, iantjambo said:

It’s not a remake of the Dennis Wyness song by any chance? 

:D

Wighton’s on fire, Christophe Berra’s terrified

BRAVEHEART1874

Although they scored the last game and our defense has been kack, I thought st johnstone were equally guff.

I dont know if we can be more creative over night, but if we can cut out half the passes played behind players and the needless back passes then we can certainly win :)

I would have walker and meshino on the wings and swapping over. If walker hasnt the speed anymore then he can still cut inside and cause problems. Even if mulraney wasnt suspended he just doesnt do it enough just like clare and morrison we need better 1-0 da jambos 

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Anticlimactic 2-0 loss

Too early for improvement imo 

Well, the part I agree with is anticlimactic.  That result at home against the side bottom of the league would certainly be a trifle disappointing.  Personally I think there is more chance of Boris changing his mind on Brexit.

The EEN have predicted 

Pereira

Smith Halkett Berra Brandon

Whelan Damour

Clare Meshino Walker

Ikpeazu

I think we’ll see a narrow victory by 1 or 2 goals.

On 13/12/2019 at 02:13, Mr Elwood P said:

Heard that he’s surplus to requirements.

Really hoping the support can help a result along, Today.

Feel we must win this and Hamilton next week. With 3 other tough battles ahead.

I believe a genuine excitement and belief for today.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

The EEN have predicted 

Pereira

Smith Halkett Berra Brandon

Whelan Damour

Clare Meshino Walker

Ikpeazu

I think we’ll see a narrow victory by 1 or 2 goals.

Thats the team I'd like. Maybe Irrving for Damour.

We obv don't see training so it'll very much be who has shone for Danny in the last few days.

I just hope people (and I include myself in this) try and curb the enthusiasm a tad because he won’t be able to work miracles in four days. He had two months prep at Barnsley to get his system ingrained, it will take time for things to click so we’ll need to be patient, although Tynecastle can be a massive force for good and I believe the positivity right now will transform into cheering on the team rather than booing every bad pass.

As a side issue, why are so many convinced Ikpeazu won’t fit under Stendel’s system? From what I’ve seen he’s more than capable (1-1 v Rangers, ran Celtic ragged in the 1-0 last season as two examples that immediately spring to mind). Not only that Stendel played most often with Kieffer Moore, who himself is a big lump. Moore played up top with Cauley Woodrow, who scored the most goals. So if anything I’d see Ikpeazu as more likely to start and it’s just who plays up top with him.

He did seem to prefer one up top with two wingers and an AM/SS behind when at Hannover and seemed to start the Championship games at Barnsley in similar fashion but last season he had two up top with Moore and Woodrow. And if anyone has seen Moore play (for Barnsley, Wigan or Wales) I don’t understand how you could say Ikpeazu doesn’t have the qualities to play in a Stendel setup.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Joel

Brandon  Smith halkett. Hickey

Bozanic. Whelan

Meshino.  Clare.    Walker

Uche

5 minutes ago, StSow said:

Joel

Brandon  Smith halkett. Hickey

Bozanic. Whelan

Meshino.  Clare.    Walker

Uche

Irving for Bozanic and i like it 

28 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Morning Jambos.

Have a great day.

Feel like its a cup final day, excited about this, cmom the Jambos!!!! 

VagabondJambo
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Feel like its a cup final day, excited about this, cmom the Jambos!!!! 

Yes!  Feeling the buzz!

On my way (mentally flying, but physically bus, train, feet 😕), and making it an extra special day by treating myself to Strongbow Lounge hospitality 🍷.

No matter what today’s result is, this IS the start of a positive and exciting new era.  A win, and an uptempo team performance will

be the icing on the cake!

Let’s go, Hearts!

scott herbertson

Toast and tea then on the 9.05 Happyclappers special from Birnam

Few scoops in Stratties  a pulsating 3-2 win (Meschino, Halkett and Walker) and the happyclappers 5.50 back to Birnam

Job's a good un

13 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Hopefully some Kraftwerk on the tannoy tomorrow - The Model will do.

i want Wunderbar by Tenpole Tudor after every goal. No excuses Scott Wilson. 

On 13/12/2019 at 13:13, Mr Elwood P said:

Heard that he’s surplus to requirements.

Your life is a Mistake pal.

Not even played a game yet under DS and you’re spinning it 

Really gutted won't be there today. First missed home game of season.

Works night oot in Glesga. Signed up for it way before this game looked exciting!!!

I think he’s going to ring the changes today, reason being Stendel will be looking for runners all over the pitch. He also likes 2 deep lying midfielders, but I don’t think we have enough legs in any of the players we have in that position. Clare and Damour are probably the fittest guys who could play there, but quite frankly I would not trust them in CM atm! So I’d like to see Irving and hopefully Whelan who can talk him through the game.

Shoot me down for this but I think he may be able to get a tune out of Clare in CM. He played well there against Aberdeen 1st game and then away at Motherwell in the cup. I know it’s only a couple of games, but to be fair to the laddie he keeps getting moved position every week. This week will probably be too early to throw him in there though as he will need a bit of work on his positioning.

I also think Whyte will play as Stendel is all about getting crosses into the box, so we need to have a balance (left footer at left back), Brandon and Hickey do a job there but it slow the attacks down when players are constantly cutting inside. Hickey is 2 footed but his crosses are usually pretty poor.

I really do think Berra needs dropped, for the sake of the team and for his career at Hearts. He seems to be at rock bottom just now, he was absolutely woeful first half against Livingston, so it’s time for Smith to step up for the captaincy.

We should play 2 wide men so that we can get on the front foot as quickly as possible, we only have 2 players in the squad that are capable of giving the running which are Morrison and Mulrane. Both have bags of potential but the end product often lets them down, but I think the new system will really suit them as it’s all about playing it quicker.

Up top is the problem, as nobody really looks convincing lately, I don’t think Walker is fit enough atm and MacLean well he is an old man. So this is gonna be a big test for Uche, I’d hope that we stop lumping the ball up to the guy cos all he is interested in doing is having a wrestling match with the centre halves, and it seems like everyone has him sussed out. When he’s running through on the shoulder and has the ball played into feet he can be unplayable, this could be a real asset if we have runners up with him who can play off.

We don’t have another striker that is good enough to play off him at the moment so I think it will be Meshino in behind him as he should have intelligence to play there if the ball is played to him quick enough. I do also think Whighton will get a chance in the next few weeks, he played in behind the striker in the reserve derby and looked really sharp that day, bringing a lot of ppl into play with decent touches and switching it out wide. Once he gets a goal I think he will be a really decent player for us, if played in the right position.

Anyway line up i’d like to see as follows,

Joel

Brandon Halkett Smith Whyte

Whelan Irving

Morrison                      Mulraney 

Meshino 

Uche

17 minutes ago, moby said:

Joel

Whelan Irving

Meshino 

Uche

Mulraney is suspended

14 minutes ago, moby said:

I think he’s going to ring the changes today, reason being Stendel will be looking for runners all over the pitch. He also likes 2 deep lying midfielders, but I don’t think we have enough legs in any of the players we have in that position. Clare and Damour are probably the fittest guys who could play there, but quite frankly I would not trust them in CM atm! So I’d like to see Irving and hopefully Whelan who can talk him through the game.

Shoot me down for this but I think he may be able to get a tune out of Clare in CM. He played well there against Aberdeen 1st game and then away at Motherwell in the cup. I know it’s only a couple of games, but to be fair to the laddie he keeps getting moved position every week. This week will probably be too early to throw him in there though as he will need a bit of work on his positioning.

I also think Whyte will play as Stendel is all about getting crosses into the box, so we need to have a balance (left footer at left back), Brandon and Hickey do a job there but it slow the attacks down when players are constantly cutting inside. Hickey is 2 footed but his crosses are usually pretty poor.

I really do think Berra needs dropped, for the sake of the team and for his career at Hearts. He seems to be at rock bottom just now, he was absolutely woeful first half against Livingston, so it’s time for Smith to step up for the captaincy.

We should play 2 wide men so that we can get on the front foot as quickly as possible, we only have 2 players in the squad that are capable of giving the running which are Morrison and Mulrane. Both have bags of potential but the end product often lets them down, but I think the new system will really suit them as it’s all about playing it quicker.

Up top is the problem, as nobody really looks convincing lately, I don’t think Walker is fit enough atm and MacLean well he is an old man. So this is gonna be a big test for Uche, I’d hope that we stop lumping the ball up to the guy cos all he is interested in doing is having a wrestling match with the centre halves, and it seems like everyone has him sussed out. When he’s running through on the shoulder and has the ball played into feet he can be unplayable, this could be a real asset if we have runners up with him who can play off.

We don’t have another striker that is good enough to play off him at the moment so I think it will be Meshino in behind him as he should have intelligence to play there if the ball is played to him quick enough. I do also think Whighton will get a chance in the next few weeks, he played in behind the striker in the reserve derby and looked really sharp that day, bringing a lot of ppl into play with decent touches and switching it out wide. Once he gets a goal I think he will be a really decent player for us, if played in the right position.

Joel

Whelan Irving

Meshino 

Uche

totally agree about your Uche comments , but for me if fit Hickey will play , I’d put my house on it. I also can’t see him dropping our captain (right or wrong) and I’m sure Damour and Claire have been heavily involved in his training sessions (sure I read that somewhere) which may well mean they start too. 
must admit Whyte has not convinced me in any game I’ve seen him play so will be interesting to see if Stendel can get him  / these players improving.

Having a proper manager could well see a complete turnaround in  some players fortunes

22 minutes ago, moby said:

Joel

Whelan Irving

Meshino 

Uche

Mulraney suspended mate

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Folk writing off Uche very prematurely! 

Yup, but he does need to become more clinical. Hopefully just by creating more shooting opportunities uche will start scoring more goals.