Budge update on Sporting Director role

Juanjo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To hear you, you would think we would be bankrupt!

Based on the accounts, it would cost circa £100k to pay off Levein. That is easily recouped back in 6 months, especially if some fans are still given "pause" by his presence.

Nah, I'd rather that 100 grand was given to Stendel to do something with than to Levein for nothing in return personally. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

• Thomaso

• Adam_the_legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Apart from the fact she dispensed with him (eventually). All people seem to be arguing about here is whether he should be paid off now - money for nothing - or at the end of his contract (most likely earlier when an SD comes in as Budge said recently). She very clearly said she didn't want a new SD and Levein and McPhee all on the payroll. She wants an SD and a manager. McPhee if he stays will most likely either be SD or an analyst/coach of some sort. Who knows maybe Stendel's assistant won't want to or can't come and he likes McPhee as an assistant.

I’m hoping you are right regarding CL. We’ll find out at the end of the season.

Edited by GinRummy

23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Still involves paying someone off. Still not more cost-effective than them continuing with their duties.

He’s getting paid regardless whether it be monthly till end of the season or by lump sum.

If it’s a cash flow issue I’d run down his contract and keep him as far away from the club as possible. He has created an utter shambles, his ongoing presence is damaging the morale of the supporters and is dampening the Stendel excitement.

Its an utter disgrace that he’s allowed any say after the mess he created and the fact that Budge is open about the fact she’ll consult him on a possible replacement.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nah, I'd rather that 100 grand was given to Stendel to do something with than to Levein for nothing in return personally. 

You what? It’s getting spent either way. It’s all coming out of the same budget.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Rino Gattuso.

He was sacked halfway through his contract with Milan. The club were obliged to pay him his remaining money which amounted to £4.8M. He ordered the club to use the money to pay the remaining two years wages of the back room staff that were going as a result of his sacking.

The club is close to his heart so it was an easy decision for him and he wasn’t short of a bob or two.

Would that happen here ?

🤣🤣

Gattuso isn’t a normal type of guy though is he? Very generous though. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Levein and the chief scout make the decision and they can’t see the wood for the trees.

Does Gallagher travel Europe looking at keepers I DON’T THINK SO.

Neither do Murray or Levein. Surely a clubs goalkeeping coach would take a look at prospective signings at the request of the manager?  Common sense ? 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Probably no point in me explaining to you, to be fair.

Well that’s not very demeaning right enough...

Isn't it funny how the folk who complain loudest about such things, are often those most guilty of it themselves. 🤔

Why pay one man to do a job when you can pay two men to do the job?This is all about the Budge/Levein relationship.It has been for a long time.Its as plain as the nose on your face.Levein should be paid off or sent on gardening leave.Let others be free to do the jobs in which Levein failed.

48 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I really hope she doesn’t appoint a sporting director. Once she has transferred the shares FOH can make that decision. 

Not FoH’s decision to make, ever, if current constitution remains. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You what? It’s getting spent either way. It’s all coming out of the same budget.

That's my point. If we're going to write a cheque for 100 grand I'd rather Stendel got it for working than Levein got it for not working.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

That's my point. If we're going to write a cheque for 100 grand I'd rather Stendel got it for working than Levein got it for not working.

Levein is getting it regardless. What part of that don’t you understand?

43 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Cost effective ? That’s worked so far eh ?

£200,000 on Craig Wighton ffs. Just think about that for a minute. Budge will spend money if it’s needed, and I’d suggest it’s needed to be spent 

£50k for Wighton. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Levein is getting it regardless. What part of that don’t you understand?

Exactly. I want a return for this 100 grand.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Nelly Terraces

Are total spoons STILL trying to justify these 2 losers being in any way involved with the club?

They really are the very epitome of 'moonhowlers' these folk.:laugh:

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Gattuso isn’t a normal type of guy though is he? Very generous though. 

He didn’t need to endear himself to the fans but that made him even more of a favourite. Very unusual of course.

Toxteth O'Grady
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not FoH’s decision to make, ever, if current constitution remains. 

Majority share holders have the power

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Majority share holders have the power

Not quite in terms of making the decision you referred to. People appointed by the Board appointed in part by FoH will have that power. 

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

you sure ? Looks like I was optimistic with £200,000
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4872366/hearts-craig-wighton-reserves-injury/amp/

£250,000 according to this. 
If you can link different then fair enough

It was a swap deal involving Jack Hamilton going the other way. We gave them Jack plus  £50k for Wighton. So really you can value Wighton at any amount from£50,001 up. If you thought Hamilton was worth £0.5m then we paid £550k for Wighton. We paid £50k cash. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It was a swap deal involving Jack Hamilton going the other way. We gave them Jack plus  £50k for Wighton. So really you can value Wighton at any amount from£50,001 up. If you thought Hamilton was worth £0.5m then we paid £550k for Wighton. We paid £50k cash. 

Hamilton signed for Dundee several weeks before we signed Wighton.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Hamilton signed for Dundee several weeks before we signed Wighton.

Deals were connected. Wighton was still in recovery from major op so no hurry with his transfer. They needed a keeper. 

Edited by soonbe110

49 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Why pay one man to do a job when you can pay two men to do the job?This is all about the Budge/Levein relationship.It has been for a long time.Its as plain as the nose on your face.Levein should be paid off or sent on gardening leave.Let others be free to do the jobs in which Levein failed.

eh? 

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Let's assume Levein and MacPhee were covering these functions when Levein was in charge. They were doing these as well as their football roles. So we now have 3 people doing these jobs when there previously was 2.

So, not cost effective.

Lets not just assume.

Assumption is the mother of all (insert).

On 11/12/2019 at 11:16, mitch41 said:

There is no good reason to keep anyone who has harmed our club where we are a shambles of a team facing relegation. Levein is Ann’s golden boy and if it wasn’t for fan and sponsors pressure he would still be manager.

You've honestly lost the plot have a word ffs ....

9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Lets not just assume.

Assumption is the mother of all (insert).

what about if we assume what is fact. 

fact. They all have contracts to the end of the season. 
fact. We would have to pay their salaries up to sack them. 
fact. That means same cost either way. 

what would be cost effective in paying their wages early. 

or does Geoff think the anonymous benefactors, who he said should do one if they are going to leave when Ann does, should put their hands in their pockets again.  

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Neither do Murray or Levein. Surely a clubs goalkeeping coach would take a look at prospective signings at the request of the manager?  Common sense ? 

And Levein has common sense.

Have you seen some of his signings.

6 minutes ago, GingaNinja said:

You've honestly lost the plot have a word ffs ....

I've got it spot on. Are you a levein and budge can do nothing wrong person. A person who can't or doesn't want to face the truth.

The appointment of a new manager should excite but this has been dulled for me by Budge refusing to sack Levein, Macphee, Daly, Fox etc, the 4 men culpable for where we are today. It beggars belief they are still on the payroll and is typical of Budge's snowflake attitude to the management of the football side. Good luck to Stendel as by God he's going to need it.

11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Not when they use the words"absolute" and "nap"

I disagree.   I am not sure if you are a betting man, but when you read the sports pages, or tips, and you see a horse a football team referred to a a nap to win, do you really think it is a fact?

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

I disagree.   I am not sure if you are a betting man, but when you read the sports pages, or tips, and you see a horse a football team referred to a a nap to win, do you really think it is a fact?

If they say it's an absolute nap, Yes.

On 10/12/2019 at 23:01, Taffin said:

There would be a lot less vitriol aimed at her/the club if when she said something publicly she followed through with it.

Initially it was SD in and then the manager. Now, there's no urgent need for the SD? I'm lost.

Agreed like we'll be promoting youth and then signings  including 38 ,37 and 35 year olds.

So Stendel has emptied Levien's men and folk are somehow believing Levein is still in charge am I getting this right? 

Sounds like to many are believing what they here over the road and turning it into gospel. My suggestion is turn it in and support the team.

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Then why would you take it as fact, when the event has not happened. 

It has happened.  Absolutely.

PS - Your interventions are getting a bit eerie.  You seem more interested in me than you do on the topic.  Very very strange but I am not that way inclined.

NOW

what's your view on the SD?

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

A few red faces in our support this morning.

Delighted with today’s developments. Over the moon that Stendel is making his mark so early.  Hopefully things continue in the same way. 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

A few red faces in our support this morning.

Red faced with joy that our new manager agrees the previous coaching staff can't be trusted to be near the bench on match day? 

If so, yes.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Rods said:

So Stendel has emptied Levien's men and folk are somehow believing Levein is still in charge am I getting this right? 

Sounds like to many are believing what they here over the road and turning it into gospel. My suggestion is turn it in and support the team.

Sorry what is this about? Can't see anything on the thread about Stendel emptying Levein's men.

Sorry. Just seen the other thread. Not quite "emptied" but encouraging.

Edited by Francis Albert

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry what is this about? Can't see anything on the thread about Stendel emptying Levein's men.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50778706

Stendel revealed that he will work with reserve coach Andy Kirk and goalkeeping coach Paul Gallacher but that Austin MacPhee, Jon Daly and Liam Fox will not be part of his first-team backroom staff.

MacPhee had been standing in as interim manager for the past six matches but he, as well as Daly and Fox, will "have different tasks in the future".

Suck it up Franny.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It has happened.  Absolutely.

PS - Your interventions are getting a bit eerie.  You seem more interested in me than you do on the topic.  Very very strange but I am not that way inclined.

NOW

what's your view on the SD?

I like what I hear, and see, so far.   Particularly now he has removed the failures from the dugout.