Training today

Tom Hardy’s Dug

On 24/01/2020 at 19:02, maroon66 said:

Screenshot_20200124_190004.jpg

I'm slightly embarrassed to ask this, but for those of use who are not great on faces (I can recognise several in the photo, but certainly not all), could someone more in the know than I am do a left-to-right, naming those in the photo?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• jambocub

30 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm slightly embarrassed to ask this, but for those of use who are not great on faces (I can recognise several in the photo, but certainly not all), could someone more in the know than I am do a left-to-right, naming those in the photo?

Have a wee game of match the face............. ya lazy git🤣

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/squads/first-team/playing-squad

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

names.gif

Apologies, that is the Kitman and his name is Gordon Paterson. I drew a blank.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

names.gif

That is going over and beyond the call of duty. You are a star, Phoenix - thanks for the work you put into this.

Albino Messi. :D

Also, what's Gregor Townsend doing on the end? (I told you I wasn't very good with faces).

38 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

names.gif

Could the ??? be Bongo, Notts and Daz?

On 24/01/2020 at 19:02, maroon66 said:

Screenshot_20200124_190004.jpg

Im a sentimental old sod sometimes but I would love to believe that when I’m an older man I will be reminiscing over a beer with one or 2 on here. The subject will be discussed about that “Stendel side” of 2020.

This photo will appear and we all get blootered discussing what a ****ing side that was!!!!

All these training vids are class. Dont know why but they really get me excited for our next fixture. It's a feeling I havent been too familiar with in recent times but it's good to have it back.

50 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That is going over and beyond the call of duty. You are a star, Phoenix - thanks for the work you put into this.

Albino Messi. :D

Also, what's Gregor Townsend doing on the end? (I told you I wasn't very good with faces).

The ? In the go karting outfit is annoying me.

PhoenixHearts
13 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Could the ??? be Bongo, Notts and Daz?

Oh you may be on to something there haha.

I know the guy in the racing suit between Seivers and Karen Gibson is involved with the reserve team as he's in thir team picture on the website, but couldn't find a name.

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I must admit I thought Sibbick was truly immense at the weekend and looks a great prospect - a great debut.

But in the two training vids from this week he looks as if he trains with prosthetic legs.

Is it just me? 

I've been surprised at the amount of praise Sibbick has received after Sunday, don't think he looked great on the ball at all. Main memory of him from the game was him passing the ball out sideways in to the main stand about 15 feet in the air under no pressure. That being said, he hasn't played football for a while and is still very young, nerves will have been a factor. Plus, I dont think hes been brought in for his ability on the ball, it will be his work off it where he should hopefully shine.  Just didnt see what everyone else seems to have. 

Edited by Waterboy

PhoenixHearts
7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The ? In the go karting outfit is annoying me.

Looks like Peter Schrager from NFL tv 

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Looks like Peter Schrager from NFL tv 

Off topic Phoenix, but I must say your new avatar pic is tremendous. Sehr gut, einfach klasse!

1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

names.gif

Its unbelievable that we have to take the medical staff to a day out at the go-karts just in case someone pulls a hamstring celebrating fastest lap!! 😂

PhoenixHearts
10 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Off topic Phoenix, but I must say your new avatar pic is tremendous. Sehr gut, einfach klasse!

Thinking of making a few shirts. Will see how feasible it is. 

Made a Levi's style Levein design last season that everyone wanted on a shirt, but by the time I got myself in a position to get shirts made up, the rot had started to set in.

I won't be so lazy this time.

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Its unbelievable that we have to take the medical staff to a day out at the go-karts just in case someone pulls a hamstring celebrating fastest lap!! 😂

Karen on standby in the safety car ready for a yellow flag

3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Made a Levi's style Levein design last season that everyone wanted on a shirt, but by the time I got myself in a position to get shirts made up, the rot had started to set in.

I can see the club cashing in on the "this is our Castle" quote

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

anyone with injuries should not have been allowed to go go-karting anyway tbh

PhoenixHearts
Just now, Rudy T said:

I can see the club cashing in on the "this is our Castle" quote

Already had a guy come in to my work wanting that printed on a big maroon flag.

Says he's going to take it to the next derby.... I suppose Easter Road is kind of Our Castle too, given who's won most derbies there.

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Great idea - maybe one with an image of Tynie and 'Das ist unser Schloss' on it too!

42 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

All these training vids are class. Dont know why but they really get me excited for our next fixture. It's a feeling I havent been too familiar with in recent times but it's good to have it back.

Those and the match day recaps under Stendel were guaranteed to put you in a good mood at Barnsley. 

2 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Those and the match day recaps under Stendel were guaranteed to put you in a good mood at Barnsley. 

👍👍am feeling that!

44 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Hope you and NIGHTMARE stick around herRH. Good to get an truly neutral outsiders perspective on Oor Daniel and how he goes about business. 

I will do. I know a lot of football fans sing there's only one " insert managers name"  but there really is only one Stendel. He just loves football, the players, the fans, the competition . I went to his leaving do and he was gutted with what had gone off and it's so great to see him back to his old self after a bit of a torrid start. He never got criticised in the press for his appearance here that's for sure! Will look forward to seeing the ocumenrary too.

2 hours ago, Redhelen said:

I will do. I know a lot of football fans sing there's only one " insert managers name"  but there really is only one Stendel. He just loves football, the players, the fans, the competition . I went to his leaving do and he was gutted with what had gone off and it's so great to see him back to his old self after a bit of a torrid start. He never got criticised in the press for his appearance here that's for sure! Will look forward to seeing the ocumenrary too.

Sorry if already answered, but is this something DS did at Barnsley too?  The regular training updates?  I'm liking this and it's reconnecting the supporters with the players/staff.  We have been badly damaged as a club/support and this is a great strategy, hopefully it is going to help mend the wounds I think.

2 hours ago, Redhelen said:

The 'unkempt' comment, the media circus of Stendel dumping players and coaches, the media silence after us going unbeaten since Stendels decision to cut the dead weight. 

Just a few things that sums up the media within Scottish football. In it to please the unwashed in the west and push their minging agendas. 

He's already under their skin and I can't wait for it to continue. 

John mcCartney
9 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Sorry if already answered, but is this something DS did at Barnsley too?  The regular training updates?  I'm liking this and it's reconnecting the supporters with the players/staff.  We have been badly damaged as a club/support and this is a great strategy, hopefully it is going to help mend the wounds I think.

well said chief,great to see all them training ground tings

12 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

well said chief,great to see all them training ground tings

29 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Yes we had regular videos of training and he did all the team building stuff too. He also did the community stuff like visiting schools, being at charity events etc.

4 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Great idea - maybe one with an image of Tynie and 'Das ist unser Schloss' on it too!

"Das ist unsere Festung."

"Schloss" is more of a palace. Nothing wrong with calling Tynie a palace of course, but presumably Stendel means it in the sense of fortress.

Coburg Hearts
5 hours ago, Frankfurter said:

"Schloss" is more of a palace. Nothing wrong with calling Tynie a palace of course, but presumably Stendel means it in the sense of fortress.

Welcome to Jambos Kickback, Frankfurter. 

August Landmesser
9 hours ago, Frankfurter said:

2 hours ago, Tyniestemper said:

Marcel Langer meant to be training with the Team today - anyone at the Oriam and care to update us? 🤨

Yes, can confirm he was training with main squad.

3 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Yes, can confirm he was training with main squad.

Excellent, thanks.  Don't suppose you were able to tell much from 1 session....... any initial thoughts on him or the rest ?

4 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

Excellent, thanks.  Don't suppose you were able to tell much from 1 session....... any initial thoughts on him or the rest ?

Looks strong and fearsome just what need💪😎

5 minutes ago, Tyniestemper said:

Unfortunately lived up to his hard man reputation and has put 4 players on the treatment table!!!

4 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Looks strong and fearsome just what need💪😎

It's an interesting signing.  I'm all up for depth, but we now have Sibbick, Smith and Langer able to do that enforcer type role.

And if it's Langer, Sibbick and Smith can both play RB, but Clare has kinda nailed that down.

As I say, no complaint, quality depth has lack badly.  Wonder if Irving may even feature a wee bit less in away games or something where we want a really strong midfield and all the creativity comes from fullbacks and front 4?

1 minute ago, Jambo314 said:

No Damour, Cochrane or McDonald with main squad, believe they were with reserves on astro.

No sign of Smith.

Hm Damour is a funny one eh.  I think he looks like he should be good, but on evidence just isn't!!  Hope he's easy to shift.  4 years!!!!