• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Robbo-Jambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

2 hours ago, Jambo314 said:

No Damour, Cochrane or McDonald with main squad, believe they were with reserves on astro.

No sign of Smith.

Smith was there training today. Not invloved in tomorrows game however. 

18 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Welcome to Jambos Kickback, Frankfurter. 

Thanks!

15 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Bitteschön. Great username by the way, especially from the historical angle.

Sorry, no input re training.

12 hours ago, TheBigO said:

It's an interesting signing.  I'm all up for depth, but we now have Sibbick, Smith and Langer able to do that enforcer type role.

And if it's Langer, Sibbick and Smith can both play RB, but Clare has kinda nailed that down.

As I say, no complaint, quality depth has lack badly.  Wonder if Irving may even feature a wee bit less in away games or something where we want a really strong midfield and all the creativity comes from fullbacks and front 4?

You might be right. Think of another club where the creativity comes from the full backs and the front 4, with the midfield simply being strong and hard working.  That club?  Liverpool ! 

Arrived at training just after 11am to find both Smith and Hickey doing some light training - ball work and fitness. 

After half an hour Hickey went back inside (blowing a tad😊) leaving Smith doing more intense training on his own with Tonge up until around midday. They then  packed everything away and went inside.

My guess is Smith will possibly be at least on the bench tomorrow but not so sure about Hickey, maybe another week or so to get his fitness level back up to scratch?

I'm assuming the main squad were coming out after lunch for a session as DS had just arrived in his car late morning.

Edited by Jambo314

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Jambo314 said:

Arrived at training just after 11am to find both Smith and Hickey doing some light training - ball work and fitness. 

After half an hour Hickey went back inside (blowing a tad😊) leaving Smith doing more intense training on his own with Tonge up until around midday. They then  packed everything away and went inside.

My guess is Smith will possibly be at least on the bench tomorrow but not so sure about Hickey, maybe another week or so to get his fitness level back up to scratch?

I'm unassuming the main squad were coming out after lunch for a session as DS had just arrived in his car late morning.

A modest contribution indeed :lol:, but insightful and helpful - thanks

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

A modest contribution indeed :lol:, but insightful and helpful - thanks

I wasn't hanging about as not sure if/when they were coming out lol

On 31/01/2020 at 13:35, TheBigO said:

It's an interesting signing.  I'm all up for depth, but we now have Sibbick, Smith and Langer able to do that enforcer type role.

And if it's Langer, Sibbick and Smith can both play RB, but Clare has kinda nailed that down.

As I say, no complaint, quality depth has lack badly.  Wonder if Irving may even feature a wee bit less in away games or something where we want a really strong midfield and all the creativity comes from fullbacks and front 4?

DS did say that Langer can spot a pass and can also control the speed of a game so he may not be deployed as an out and out Defensive Midfielder.

Perhaps he will play Sibbick behind Langer and Irving. We will find out soon enough.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Without being a Colon Cameron type player we may find that Langer is a bit more box to box than we think

Stendel wants us high up the park

i keep referring to Halkett’s tackle that created our equaliser against the hun. I wouldn’t be surprised to find Langer surging forward quite a bit.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

10 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Without being a Colon Cameron type player we may find that Langer is a bit more box to box than we think

i keep referring to Halkett’s tackle that created our equaliser against the hun. I wouldn’t be surprised to find Langer surging forward quite a bit.

Hope you don't think I'm being anally retentive in drawing your attention to this.😉

Tennant's  6's
36 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

DS did say that Langer can spot a pass and can also control the speed of a game so he may not be deployed as an out and out Defensive Midfielder.

Perhaps he will play Sibbick behind Langer and Irving. We will find out soon enough.

Gives a bit more protection to the defence, but also allows the team to control the ball and have two runners from midfield supporting the front three. 

Guess we'll find out tomo evening 

34 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Need to get to the bottom of this post.

12 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Seems the reserves are in action at the moment. Currently 0-0 against Dundee United.

Wheres FF when you need him? Or Twitter or something.

38 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

As long as he doesn't play him when he's not fully fit. We done that with haring and it rect um.

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wheres FF when you need him? Or Twitter or something.

Reserve cup match, away in Dundee (or near there!) No coverage on Hearts twitter for some reason.

All I can say is Doyle is in goals and Adam King starts for Utd. 

Slowly putting together a starting team:

Doyle starts

Connor Smith playing too

EDIT: Add Makovora to that list. He’s just scored. 1-0 Hearts. 

Edited by RDSK

1 minute ago, RDSK said:

No. Just relaying updates from DUFC twitter.

Ah, thanks. If you were their I was going to ask what sort of formation they playing in. I wondered if it was the same as the  1st team?

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I sphinc you might be right about that. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

As long as he doesn't play him when he's not fully fit. We done that with haring and it rect um.

😁

what we need is a good pro-strate into the team 

26 minutes ago, RDSK said:

2-0. Callumn Morrison from the spot.

Hearts got a penalty? Wow that's taking me back. I was sure a new law had been passed making it against the rules for Hearts to get a penalty. 

1 hour ago, RDSK said:

Slowly putting together a starting team:

Doyle starts

Connor Smith playing too

EDIT: Add Makovora to that list. He’s just scored. 1-0 Hearts. 

Interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a shot in the first team soon.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I actually like Morrison was surprised that we sent him out on loan.

I thought he did quite well initially but towards the end was very poor. Don’t know if it was a confidence thing but latterly would not take on a man and on the occasions he got the ball in space his crossing was terrible.

Hopefully spell with East Fife builds confidence however I think he might leave at the end of the year.

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Only partially like him, more of a Semi-Colon Cameron......

been here before
12 minutes ago, geomac said:

Only partially like him, more of a Semi-Colon Cameron......

If you want to know what a Colon Cameron is then look no further...

nintchdbpict000003923774.thumb.jpg.b6cc0f42ffba41a057a7535fea4053ec.jpg

44 minutes ago, been here before said:

Post of the day 😂😂

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Bravo sir!!!

17 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I thought he did quite well initially but towards the end was very poor. Don’t know if it was a confidence thing but latterly would not take on a man and on the occasions he got the ball in space his crossing was terrible.

Hopefully spell with East Fife builds confidence however I think he might leave at the end of the year.

Distribution mostly lets him down and defensively very poor when he has played in the first team.

He can be quite an exciting player to watch going forward on his game and maybe a loan spell will do him good.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Distribution mostly lets him down and defensively very poor when he has played in the first team.

He can be quite an exciting player to watch going forward on his game and maybe a loan spell will do him good.

Runs past players but very poor crossing the ball. Has had plenty of opportunities to impress and hasn't. 

32 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Runs past players but very poor crossing the ball. Has had plenty of opportunities to impress and hasn't. 

Mostly correct . But at the start of last season he combined well with Smith and had a lot to do with our good form .

I always like to get the opinion of non jambos and 2 I know (DU and Liverpool) were impressed with him at that time .

Old cliché but there is a player in there

37 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Mostly correct . But at the start of last season he combined well with Smith and had a lot to do with our good form .

I always like to get the opinion of non jambos and 2 I know (DU and Liverpool) were impressed with him at that time .

That old chestnut. 

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

That's the hope.  Again, time on his side - a run of games in lower league and hopefully shows well in preseason.  If not, he moves on - hopefully finds another pro club.  He's done very well in other loan spells.

One thing I always noticed was how he just couldn't judge a high ball!!  Anyone else notice this?  Any time the ball was switched to him, he was invariably get under it and then not really react until it had sailed over his head??  Two or three steps back and he's controlling no bother or running on to it... Was a weird one!

End of the day, he was unlucky to make his breakthrough when he did in a team which lost confidence, players and any direction from the top.  He's also had injuries.  Let's not write the kid off.