Stendel press conference on SSN just after 2pm

Redhelen

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

We have a poster on JKB who despises poor people just because they are poor. 

Every support has its idiots. 

:thumbsup:

Aye, that was some comment by him!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Beast Boy

• IveSeenTheLight

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Funny he mentions Austin and Andy Kirk in the interview but none of the other coaches. Are they gone?

No they were on some pro licence course or something today !!

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Barack said:

It's only a play on words of Vengaboys. :lol:

I know that, but that play on words surely only works if it's geNgenpress. It's not.

2 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Funny he mentions Austin and Andy Kirk in the interview but none of the other coaches. Are they gone?

Mentions the others at the end. On pro license and will be back tomorrow and are excited to work with him. I think it fair enough he gives them a chance. Come January, if they aren’t his type of coaches they will be asked to leave. 

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nothing so juicy nor exciting. He just doesn’t strike me as the brightest sparkler in the box. :lol:

To be honest, the amount of head knocks he's had, you can't blame him. :lol: 

Thought Daniel came across well there. Once he got flowing, he came across as genuinely passionate and excited to be here.

And already he wants to stick it to those mutants across the city. :yas: 

41 minutes ago, jambotony said:

Watch the interview on hearts tv.. he mentioned Berra was one of the first people he met and discussed the team briefly.. this is potentially their second meeting hence Berra doing what he did.. 

Makes sense as it looked a token gesture by all in front of the cameras.

Berra is of the most professional players you could ever meet.

Great to hear from him. All sounds really promising.

His 2 assistants are not here - yet.  Seems he really wants them up so watch this space I suppose 

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Any link to the dressing room greeting, as I can't get it?

It's on hearts instagram story. Dont think it can be linked to

Thought Police
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Any link to the dressing room greeting, as I can't get it?

It's on instagram stories so can't embed it. Looks like Hearts are working on a behind the scenes video though.

49 minutes ago, Locky said:

Ohh, dish the dirt. If he's not shagged your mrs, I'll be disappointed.

I've got 2 coming over for the Aberdeen game. :jjyay: 

Hopefully it turns out to be a more enjoyable experience for them than we thought initially!. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The words of a captain:

“Every single one of us needs to take a long, hard look at ourselves. We have young guys in the team and this is a learning curve for them but this is professional football, it’s a man’s game.

"It’s tough but if they find themselves in the starting XI then they need to step up and perform.”

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I totally agree mate. Can we blame Levein for that? A complete lack of respect and hugely disappointed in Berra.

Michael Smith for Captain and an extension to contract please. The only one that has vaguely tried to motivate and tell it like it is the last couple of weeks.

Who is suggesting this? Are you Dominic Cummings in disguise.

portobellojambo1

That was an enjoyable piece to watch on Hearts TV.  One thing that does come across is some of the stupid questions that journalists ask. He speaks well about football, one of the main things that came across to me was the comments that he made about  getting the right attitude into the players on the park and getting them playing on the front foot. The last time I recall similar sort of comments was the first meeting I was at in George Burley's company, one/two days after his appointment, and what he did worked very well.. He has inherited a squad that isn't going to change overnight, it will need work but if you can take what may be deemed reasonably ordinary players, convince them they are better than they may have thought for the last couple of years and get them playing to their potential then with a little bit of patience from us there is no reason why the future might not be an awful lot brighter than what we have been watching in the recent past.

Edited by portobellojambo1

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The words of a captain:

“Every single one of us needs to take a long, hard look at ourselves. We have young guys in the team and this is a learning curve for them but this is professional football, it’s a man’s game.

"It’s tough but if they find themselves in the starting XI then they need to step up and perform.”

Our old heads need to perform also and show that they actually give a shit!!!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Our old heads need to perform also and show that they actually give a shit!!!

That’s Michael Smith who has probably had one or two bad games in 2 years.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That was an enjoyable piece to watch on Hearts TV.  One thing that does come across is some of the stupid questions that journalists ask. He speaks well about football, one of the main things that came across to me was the comments that he about  getting the right attitude into the players on the park and get them playing on the front foot. The last time I recall similar sort of comments was the first meeting I was at in George Burley's company, one/two days after his appointment, and what he did worked very well.. He has inherited a squad that isn't going to change overnight, it will need work but if you can take what may be deemed reasonably ordinary players, convince them they are better than they may have thought for the last couple of years and get them playing to their potential then with a little bit of patience from us there is no reason why the future might not be an awful lot brighter than what we have been watching in the recent past.

Release the shackles!

Really enjoyed the press conference. Ann spoke really well and the enthusiasm radiated from Daniel. He seems extremely likeable which is just what we need.

Delighted. 

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Really enjoyed the press conference. Ann spoke really well and the enthusiasm radiated from Daniel. He seems extremely likeable which is just what we need.

Delighted. 

Very much this. Seems confident in his system and what we can achieve. Not going to be a quick fix but appears we have the right man in charge. 

The pressing style he apparently favours is entertaining to watch which is obviously a good thing in the sense that football is supposed to be an entertainment industry.

It is though energy sapping and will require a high degree of fitness. I also feel that it's a strategy which will require rigorous training to efficiently implement

I don't expect an overnight change of fortune though it's not impossible. Patience may be required. The immediate objective has to be simply striving to create a comfortable space above the relegation zone.

millerjames398
47 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Probably embarrassed meeting the new boss after such dreadful personal and team performances that he’s captained.

Could have a point there, none of them should feel like bouncin up with spring in their step after some of the dross thats been served up, and Berra captained, shame faced😂

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

The pressing style he apparently favours is entertaining to watch which is obviously a good thing in the sense that football is supposed to be an entertainment industry.

It is though energy sapping and will require a high degree of fitness. I also feel that it's a strategy which will require rigorous training to efficiently implement

I don't expect an overnight change of fortune though it's not impossible. Patience may be required. The immediate objective has to be simply striving to create a comfortable space above the relegation zone.

I'm not sure what League One football is like, but here his main problem will be that all teams (apart form Celtic and Rangers) love coming to Tynie, sitting back and trying to exploit spaces we leave on the break - usually with long balls. We'll need a much more mobile defence for a start.

My agent tells tells me there is going to be an extensive discussion between Stendel ans Lockie tomorrow which will be available on the website.

I really think Stendel gets us already. I liked the part where he mentioned that he wants to implement his style that will make the hearts fans want to come back week after week 👍🏽

maroonlegions
26 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Use the clean version please. That one was a naive and ignorant mistake.

stendel flag.jpg

STENDEL BADGE.jpg

uber alles (correctly written in German "ueber alles") has nothing to do with the Nazis, but was a line of a poem written in 1841 which was used for the German National Anthem. It does not translate as "above all" (that would be "ueber allen") but rather "more than anything else", as in "ich liebe Dich ueber alles in der Welt" (I love you more than anything else in the world). A misleading translation was purposely chosen by the Allies during the second world war for propaganda purposes.

Or am i missing something here.

1. Before moving to Barnsley he had heard of Hearts but had never heard of Hibs. Its already inbuilt we are the big team. He already gets the derby by the grin on his face too.

2. Hes likeable. I dont think hes going to be a slick media darling but you can sense the passion and excitement. Stuff will get lost in translation but hes going to lose his **** when we bang a few in against the wee team.

3. Ann has done well.

4. Stand up when you meet your new boss lads, goodness sake.

14 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Could have a point there, none of them should feel like bouncin up with spring in their step after some of the dross thats been served up, and Berra captained, shame faced😂

Like others have said, it’s basic manners. If you get a new boss in your job, you would stand up and shake hands. 

looking forward to the upcoming clear out of these losers.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

They all shook his hand and looked him in the eye. I found it an interesting clip and actually a positive clip, as for them standing up I don't mind that some didn't, everyone's different some people are more reserved. But it does looks to me from it like he believe Uche will be a key man for him with their interaction 

Where is this clip guys?

cheers in advance

PhoenixHearts
5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

uber alles (correctly written in German "ueber alles") has nothing to do with the Nazis, but was a line of a poem written in 1841 which was used for the German National Anthem. It does not translate as "above all" (that would be "ueber allen") but rather "more than anything else", as in "ich liebe Dich ueber alles in der Welt" (I love you more than anything else in the world). A misleading translation was purposely chosen by the Allies during the second world war for propaganda purposes.

Or am i missing something here.

Well yeah, that was my understanding of it too and I had thought it was just a part of the national anthem (was sure I'd heard that line sung before germany games, but it's probably just hearing the words in your head as they fit with the melody),

HOWEVER

I've been advised that it's not really used anymore and they prefer to sing the third verse. It's still somewhat contentious, so I thought best to err on the side of caution and ditch anything that could be taken the wrong way.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Couldn’t agree more. There’s clearly a hell of a lot of work to do. I’m just hoping our fellow Jambos will be patient and allow the guy time and I also hope there’s room for manoeuvre in the transfer market come January, even if it’s just a couple of loan signings.

46 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That’s Michael Smith who has probably had one or two bad games in 2 years.

I picked it up as Berra saying it.

same applies though, old heads need to stand up and be counted also.

SectionDJambo

I think, from what Daniel said today, that he doesn’t expect to change the style of play immediately, but he does expect the team to be show courage.

In other words, he probably expects them to get stuck in and play at a higher tempo.

And not be a bunch of feardies.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I picked it up as Berra saying it.

same applies though, old heads need to stand up and be counted also.

I don’t think Berra has said anything like that for months.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think, from what Daniel said today, that he doesn’t expect to change the style of play immediately, but he does expect the team to be show courage.

In other words, he probably expects them to get stuck in and play at a higher tempo.

Clearly referencing and having said he had watched our last 3 games

9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I don't think there has been any problem of them not 'getting stuck in'. Hearts have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. A result of 'getting stuck in'

millerjames398
30 minutes ago, Mort said:

Like others have said, it’s basic manners. If you get a new boss in your job, you would stand up and shake hands. 

looking forward to the upcoming clear out of these losers.

I wasnt disagreeing over them sitting on their hoop when they met stendel, that was poor form, but maybe a bit of embarrassment from Berra and some others the reason he stayed seated,,someone else said stendel and Berra had already met, and that was maybe the reason he stayed seated,,,who knows🤷🏼‍♂️ but as you say changes are coming👍🏼

SectionDJambo
30 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think there has been any problem of them not 'getting stuck in'. Hearts have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. A result of 'getting stuck in'

Sorry. I respectfully disagree.

We have been giving teams the run of the pitch for a while now. Bookings tend to be for stupid things rather than crunching tackles.