Stendel press conference on SSN just after 2pm

Redhelen

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Take a close look at Berra. Eyes straight ahead. Face like a smacked arse. 

That’s our captain having been introduced to the new gaffer.

So you have said about 6 / 7 times.

Chokin

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Beast Boy

• IveSeenTheLight

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Berra knows his goose is cooked IMO.

Bit early. Night before isnt a bad idea with goose but it wont keep a fortnight

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He has a responsibility - he is the captain of a massive club for **** sake. 

I'm sure Stendel will sort out the dressing room.

You are a tiny bit hysterical over this.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, jake said:

So you have said about 6 / 7 times.

Chokin

Twice - I rewatched the clip And commented again because I was actually a bit shocked.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

Saying he struggles with the Scottish accent at his presser, just wait until he visits Diggers!

I will put on my phone voice for him, if those posh Edinburgh Uni twats understood me he will be fine. Hopefully nobody will ask “dae ye wan broon sauce wi yer steak pie pal” 😱😜.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He probably knows his days are numbered, and rightly so. We need to start getting tough with this squad, and the ones who don't shape up, need emptied imo

He has a responsibility - he is the captain of a massive club for **** sake. 

He should be standing waiting to greet Stendel the second he walks through the door. Possibly even introduce the players as he makes his way around the room.

Anyway, let's not focus on the negative. It's a huge day for our club.

Edited by bajthejambo

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Stendel needs a haircut apart from that sound.

Let's learn from our many mistakes past few seasons and finally move forward as a club united.

Mon the jts

Own hairs falling out type post imo.

Twice - I rewatched the clip And commented again because I was actually a bit shocked.

I count 7 different takes on Berras demeanour from you just saying.

maroonlegions

Wonder if their will be an increase in Germans in the Tynie Arms on match days.😃

Every time i have been in i hear German accents from a group  of men standing bevvying. 

Shite questions from a shite Scottish media, fishing for a story relating to Barnsley ,   Parasites ..

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Strange one, should he not have been taking him round introducing him to the players as you see them doing with dignitaries etc? Pressing high up and leaving space down the wings is not really how Berra likes to play. Could well be Smith and Halkett at CH until Souttar is back.

Watch the interview on hearts tv.. he mentioned Berra was one of the first people he met and discussed the team briefly.. this is potentially their second meeting hence Berra doing what he did.. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

He should be standing waiting to greet Stendel the second he walks through the door. Possibly even introduce the players as he makes his way around the room.

Anyway, let's not focus on the negative. It's a huge day for our club.

Definitely, this guy offers us a lot of hope and to get us playing the way the fans respond to.

Just now, jambotony said:

Watch the interview on hearts tv.. he mentioned Berra was one of the first people he met and discussed the team briefly.. this is potentially their second meeting hence Berra doing what he did.. 

Fair enough in that case.

If folk are going to rip in to Berra, have a look at MacLean and Bozanic. Sitting there, arms crossed, like moody teenagers.

19 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

The ones that didn't stand are injured. 

Ha.

I wouldn't be reading too much into the fact they didn't stand - it's not as if the players have been to finishing school.

Stendel will already know who these players are and will have already formed an opinion on many of them, i reckon. I doubt their lacklustre greeting will bother him too much.

I'm guessing the English press are only really interested in the Barnsley angle so cut once they realised they were getting hee haw. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Uncle Buck said:

If folk are going to rip in to Berra, have a look at MacLean and Bozanic. Sitting there, arms crossed, like moody teenagers.

also agree - they aren’t captain but poor show from them also.

26 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I really like the guy, but... I'm not massively surprised, is all I'm saying.  :lol:

Ohh, dish the dirt. If he's not shagged your mrs, I'll be disappointed.

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Wonder if their will be an increase in Germans in the Tynie Arms on match days.😃

Every time i have been in i hear German accents from a group  of men standing bevvying. 

Shite questions from a shite Scottish media, fishing for a story relating to Barnsley ,   Parasites ..

I've got 2 coming over for the Aberdeen game. :jjyay: 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Let's just see how things pan out.

Aye, perhaps he will be ok with a new boss giving him his instructions, surely it's all part of DS sorting it all out.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Because they know their time in the old folks home is over!!

You only get  one shot at first impressions and after watching that a few of them should be cringing with embarrassment . It's basic manners you get up to  meet your new boss .

Jambo, Goodbye
15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There's more emotion in that face mask above his head

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

"Wait, you want us to run?!"

Found the response really worrying....just seems to be apathy in the dressing room.   Maybe it is fear of the new guy and keeping their place,  but that is a very poor dressing room. Whelan really stood out for me in a positive way. Let's hope for a shift on attitude now!

12 minutes ago, jambotony said:

I’ve not seen the one on hearts tv but was going to say this. He’s probably met berra on a previous visit, and would have definitely met him before this changing room video was taken. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if a few of the players had met him, be it by accident in the hallway or due to the fact they are senior players and had been intentionally introduced and chatted to prior to his formal introduction. 

1 hour ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Wish someone could have asked him about the use of players over 30 as the season that he got promotion I'm pretty sure the oldest player was about 27 .

I think Barnsley policy was signing nobody over 25 and they got promoted with the youngest team in the league. Played some decent stuff in a league most teams hack and hoof their way out of.

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

So he walks round the dressing room shaking hands with the squad, gets by half the team and then Michael Smith stands up to shake his hand and the rest then follow suit, Glenn Whelan another to be standing ready to meet him, the first 12-15 players sat on their hoop including our 'Captain'.  Hmmmmmm not impressed with that to be honest.  Hope he beasts them.

Not impressed either.

This shows that there are attitude problems with a lot of players.

They have demonstrated a lack of commitment and effort for quite some time now.

They are probably sulking now an outsider has come in and will actually force them to work harder and improve fitness.

If they cant be bothered to get off their erse’s to meet and greet the new manager, then they better be prepared to get off their else’s on the park. If not, then they will be the individuals that will end up greeting.

18 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Own hairs falling out type post imo.

Like a Shetland pony mate though grey as **** and getting worse I'll give you that

2 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Not impressed either.

This shows that there are attitude problems with a lot of players.

They have demonstrated a lack of commitment and effort for quite some time now.

They are probably sulking now an outsider has come in and will actually force them to work harder and improve fitness.

If they cant be bothered to get off their erse’s to meet and greet the new manager, then they better be prepared to get off their else’s on the park. If not, then they will be the individuals that will end up greeting.

They should be excited to work with him. He could really accelerate their careers. But if they're not interested they'll be out the door sooner rather than later.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Found the response really worrying....just seems to be apathy in the dressing room.   Maybe it is fear of the new guy and keeping their place,  but that is a very poor dressing room. Whelan really stood out for me in a positive way. Let's hope for a shift on attitude now!

They all shook his hand and looked him in the eye. I found it an interesting clip and actually a positive clip, as for them standing up I don't mind that some didn't, everyone's different some people are more reserved. But it does looks to me from it like he believe Uche will be a key man for him with their interaction 

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

So he walks round the dressing room shaking hands with the squad, gets by half the team and then Michael Smith stands up to shake his hand and the rest then follow suit, Glenn Whelan another to be standing ready to meet him, the first 12-15 players sat on their hoop including our 'Captain'.  Hmmmmmm not impressed with that to be honest.  Hope he beasts them.

where’s the video of this? Want to see it. 

Just now, Gershwin said:

They should be excited to work with him. He could really accelerate their careers. But if they're not interested they'll be out the door sooner rather than later.

I’m wondering if there’s a grim realism among a lot of the squad that hearts is the best they’ll do from now till the end of their careers.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I’m wondering if there’s a grim realism among a lot of the squad that hearts is the best they’ll do from now till the end of their careers.

That's probably been the problem with a lot of our signings in the last few years. A collection of diddies, complete punts, journeymen and veterans seeing on their careers on a tidy wage.

Did Levein not say in his first spell that he didn't want to sign a player if his ambition was only to play for Hearts? He wanted players aiming for the very top. 

19 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Because they know their time in the old folks home is over!!

Knackers yard for more than a couple we'd think?

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

That's probably been the problem with a lot of our signings in the last few years. A collection of diddies, complete punts, journeymen and veterans seeing on their careers on a tidy wage.

Did Levein not say in his first spell that he didn't want to sign a player if his ambition was only to play for Hearts? He wanted players aiming for the very top. 

I agree.

Can’t say I remember that but it’s certainly the philosophy we need,

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

You only get  one shot at first impressions and after watching that a few of them should be cringing with embarrassment . It's basic manners you get up to  meet your new boss .

Anyone really, not least the guy who will decide your future I suppose.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Definitely, sitting is what they will most likely be doing for the foreseeable future.

42 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Also - look at Berra’s puss. Looks as if he doesn’t want to be there.

Probably embarrassed meeting the new boss after such dreadful personal and team performances that he’s captained.

28 minutes ago, Locky said:

Ohh, dish the dirt. If he's not shagged your mrs, I'll be disappointed.

I've got 2 coming over for the Aberdeen game. :jjyay: 

Nothing so juicy nor exciting. He just doesn’t strike me as the brightest sparkler in the box. :lol: