Stendel press conference on SSN just after 2pm

Redhelen

Listening to radio Scotland. Jeezo cannae say anything positive about us.

Negatives every time on there.

Lot of Scottish managers available blah blah blah.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Beast Boy

• IveSeenTheLight

• Morgan

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, dundeehearts said:

Well they can go manage in Germany. 

Is that an actual example of what they are saying??

Gives a **** if Scottish managers are available? :lol:

Absolute weirdos.

Jambo in Bathgate

What a pair of arses McCall and McFadden are!!! Job shouldn’t have gone to a non Scot. Taking jobs from the boys. Total crap. 

4 minutes ago, dundeehearts said:

I the last time I looked the managers of Celtic, rangers , Motherwell.st mirren and kilmarnock are all good Scottish laddies  right enough 

1 hour ago, ZanderMIM said:

I really think Stendel gets us already. I liked the part where he mentioned that he wants to implement his style that will make the hearts fans want to come back week after week 👍🏽

tbf Cathro said the same :lol: 

5 minutes ago, dundeehearts said:

And, do none of these so-called ‘journalists’ realise that 4 of the top 5 teams in the Scottish Premiership are not guid Scottish laddies ????

Never heard them bleating about this criteria when the erse cheeks were recruiting Lennon and Gerrard.

Toxteth O'Grady

I wasn’t as wowed by his press conference as much as I was by McPhee when he slaughtered Preston so I think these things  are irrelevant.

I’ll judge him by the teams performance and any recruitment he does in January 

Just now, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I wasn’t as wowed by his press conference as much as I was by McPhee when he slaughtered Preston so I think these things  are irrelevant.

Correct. He told the interviewer he couldnt understand the Scottish accent... Need to sign more foreigners then! How many players speak broad scots.. i guess they have to listen rather than talk. He is the boss. Welcome Daniel. Wish you every success but not getting carried away

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Ye we're not used to normal press conferences eh he did fine. Early impressions are he'll put it plenty of digs at the Hibs 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, pwphillips said:

What a pair of arses McCall and McFadden are!!! Job shouldn’t have gone to a non Scot. Taking jobs from the boys. Total crap. 

Ironic considering McFadden got his big international break under a German manager.

No crying about Gerrard not being Scottish or Lennon? This has Cathro written all over it again in terms of how the media treat him. The BBC upset because McCann never got it and BT Sport annoyed cause we never went with Ross. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Just caught up with the interview on Hearts TV. What a negative downbeat press conference - "journalists" fishing for the most negative angles possible. You could see Stendel getting frustrated. You'd never get that tone of questioning at an OF manager announcement, or the recent Hibs one for that matter.

Big Slim Stylee

Scottish journalists must be the most predictable, dour lot I've ever encountered. It's a bold, brave appointment and I hope he makes the greetin-faced press and pundits choke on their fecking words. mon Stendy.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

No crying about Gerrard not being Scottish or Lennon? This has Cathro written all over it again in terms of how the media treat him. The BBC upset because McCann never got it and BT Sport annoyed cause we never went with Ross. 

They might try but Stendel can easily extinguish that with results, something the PE teacher wasn't capable of.

I really liked his attitude, enough with the barnsley questions ,he definitely has a plan, would love his true opinion of the three games he watched, i think he's going to put a rocket under this squad, you go Mr Stendel !!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Me too but I took ABs specific reference to "recruitment" to mean he is taking up a new/different role.

Sounded like he is going to be doing most of the Sporting Director duties until she finished interviewing. If she doesn’t find a better candidate then he gets the job I’d think. Also sounds like he will be bringing his own team in, it’s just a matter of when. Strange that he said that McPhee and Kirk helped him at training today. Fox and Daly doing coaching course but where was Park? 

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They might try but Stendel can easily extinguish that with results, something the PE teacher wasn't capable of.

Cathro was half an hour away from something decent with us. 2 nil up at Dundee and totally smashing them playing unbelievable football. Lose one goal and games a bogey. I hope Stendel gets the breaks. 

1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

1. Before moving to Barnsley he had heard of Hearts but had never heard of Hibs. Its already inbuilt we are the big team. He already gets the derby by the grin on his face too.

2. Hes likeable. I dont think hes going to be a slick media darling but you can sense the passion and excitement. Stuff will get lost in translation but hes going to lose his **** when we bang a few in against the wee team.

3. Ann has done well.

4. Stand up when you meet your new boss lads, goodness sake.

Your first point was actually the other way round, he even turned to Ann and apologised for it. He still knows we are the big team though, :) 

17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just caught up with the interview on Hearts TV. What a negative downbeat press conference - "journalists" fishing for the most negative angles possible. You could see Stendel getting frustrated. You'd never get that tone of questioning at an OF manager announcement, or the recent Hibs one for that matter.

Correct.  The so called pundits spout some embarrassing small-time garbage.

Making progress and getting results on the park is the way to respond.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Sounded like he is going to be doing most of the Sporting Director duties until she finished interviewing. If she doesn’t find a better candidate then he gets the job I’d think. Also sounds like he will be bringing his own team in, it’s just a matter of when. Strange that he said that McPhee and Kirk helped him at training today. Fox and Daly doing coaching course but where was Park? 

My take - it's clear AM is staying but not as coach.  I don't see anything strange in others assisting in training, it's a chance to assess players from afar and assess the coaches too. I wouldn't read too much into todays events. 

Francis Albert
42 minutes ago, pwphillips said:

Do they say the same about Gerrard. Or Lennon?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Cathro was half an hour away from something decent with us. 2 nil up at Dundee and totally smashing them playing unbelievable football. Lose one goal and games a bogey. I hope Stendel gets the breaks. 

It's fine lines. I don't think Cathro had it in him to command a dressing room, but I do wonder if we hadn't lost Paterson in particular that things might have gone differently for him and his team, just as if we hadn't lost Naismith when we did it might have gone differently for Levein. In both cases it was like losing 2 or 3 players, and seriously reducing our ability to attack.

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I hope if he fails so badly and for so long as the boy wonder I hope he doesn't last that long. 

5 minutes ago, lou said:

Just heard JJ on the radio, he wasn't overly positive either, Stendel's record in league one is superior to Ross's but no negativity towards him 🙄

I think he is in McCann’s corner so disappointed he didn’t get the job. 

10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My take - it's clear AM is staying but not as coach.  I don't see anything strange in others assisting in training, it's a chance to assess players from afar and assess the coaches too. I wouldn't read too much into todays events. 

I thought that was a possibility and as soon as she mentioned "recruitment" I started to wonder if he'll maybe take over from John Murray as chief scout working with the Sports Director.

54 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

I the last time I looked the managers of Celtic, rangers , Motherwell.st mirren and kilmarnock are all good Scottish laddies  right enough 

More than half the managers in top league are non-Scottish. Did any of them in the studio mention that? 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think there has been any problem of them not 'getting stuck in'. Hearts have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. A result of 'getting stuck in'

Giving away stupid fouls is not what getting stuck in is about.

I think Donald Ford got stuck in every game he played. He was booked once. An extreme example but makes the point.

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think he is in McCann’s corner so disappointed he didn’t get the job. 

Very much so because if McCann had got the job JJ would have been SD and a coaching role for Locke as well. They were gutted when she terminated the interview. 

Francis Albert

I think the stuff about  lack of manners is beside the point. If you meet your new manager anywhere you welcome him or her, look enthusiastic and try to create a good initial impression. 

The issue is one that has been obvious on the pitch for over a year ... lack of intelligence or common sense.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I thought that was a possibility and as soon as she mentioned "recruitment" I started to wonder if he'll maybe take over from John Murray as chief scout working with the Sports Director.

More likely the chief scout role disappears and the SD takes scouting system on as one of his responsibilities. John is about to retire in any case. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Very much so because if McCann had got the job JJ would have been SD and a coaching role for Locke as well. They were gutted when she terminated the interview. 

Stendel is obviously a better candidate than McCann, but I would still take JJ as SD and Locke as one of the coaches.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Stendel is obviously a better candidate than McCann, but I would still take JJ as SD and Locke as one of the coaches.

I wouldn’t but all opinions are valid. Don’t think Mrs Budge agrees with you though. 

Edited by soonbe110

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think there has been any problem of them not 'getting stuck in'. Hearts have one of the worst disciplinary records in the league. A result of 'getting stuck in'

I’d say it’s more from giving away lazy fouls after losing the ball. We need to be smarter with our fouls 

Guest ToqueJambo

I wouldn’t but all opinions are valid. Don’t think Mrs Budge agrees with you though. 

I think Locke would be great for the dressing room and training. He played quite an unheralded part in our 2012 cup win I think. Sergio loved him. He also showed very good man management and motivational skills as first team coach in the relegation season considering what he had to work with. Again, quite unheralded. Stendel could do a lot worse than to get him into his team.

JJ is maybe too old fashioned for the type of SD we probably want tbh but again as a short-term thing to help bed Stendel in, it might not be the worst shout.

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

To the words of 'last Christmas'

'This year, to save me from tears, I'll spend it with David Stendel' 

Daniel even.

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why take them as sd or coach...the time has come and gone for them and those advocating them include some who tell us all it's time for change...contradiction or what

Can some on here just give him time to make his own mind up about staff..fed up with do this do that already

Change has come at least give him time to assess the club

Edited by CJGJ

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, CJGJ said:

Why take them as sd or coach...the time has come and gone for them and those advocating them include some who tell us all it's time for change...contradiction or what

I gave some reasons above. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
37 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I'm not convinced by that at all. Cathro was hopelessly out of his depth.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

To the words of 'last Christmas'

'This year, to save me from tears, I'll spend it with David Stendel' 

:vrface:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Berra’s afraid stendel might introduce something called a football to training sessions.

Seriously though he’s a good guy and been a good servant but it’s time to move on and he knows it. Wish him all the best but a club captain shouldn’t ever be sitting on his arse when meeting a new manager. Completely disrespectful.

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:vrface:

I try Geoff. I try mate :lol:

edit, not David, Daniel 

Edited by chester copperpot