Stendel signs two and a half year contract

Sooperstar

Portable Badger

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Daniel Stendel as its new First Team Manager.

The 45-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal and will take up his new post on Tuesday, December 10th.

German-born Daniel made a name for himself in his playing days as a striker in his homeland, featuring for clubs such as Hamburger SV, Hannover 96 and FC St Pauli.

It was at Hannover where he would cut his managerial teeth in April 2016 after a spell coaching the U19 side.

A little over two years later he arrived on British soil to take over at then League One side Barnsley.

Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish ahead of Jack Ross’ Sunderland, and securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. He left them in October of this year.

While it has taken some time for this process to reach its conclusion we firmly believe that Daniel is the right man to take the club forward.

With our number one target now on board and his future pledged to Hearts, everyone at Tynecastle Park welcomes Daniel and hopes his appointment heralds an exciting new era for the Club as, together, we look to climb back up the Ladbrokes Premiership table.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coburg Hearts

• mitch41

• GinRummy

• Armageddon

I doubt he would come without his backroom team so expect an announcement about McPhee etc soon too. 

Very exciting appointment, well done Budge.

Welcome Daniel. Hope you know what you've let yourself in for because it's an absolute cluster**** of a mess you've got to sort out!

16 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Confirming we’re shit ? 

No idea why my post is on this thread 🙈🙈

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The man who took Scotland the closest we have been to a major tournament in 21 years. Yes please.

No, fair enough I8. It was just a joke...and I  happen to agree with you, he gave a lot of youngsters, including one Craig Gordon , their debut . Persevering  with him would probably have garnered success ....but the parochial Scoooaaatish press had  other ideas.

Brilliant.  Couldn't be happier.

Very best of luck Daniel.  You probably don't know it, but you've just joined the best club in the world with just about the worst 1st team.  I'm sure you'll fix that pronto.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wasted that on him mate

shame he didn’t get the big charity tie in he was after. Just a new manager, he’ll be gutted.

I hope he realises how big a job this really is. 
Saving us from relegation should be his only objective this season. 
Welvome to the club Daniel. 

Hope it’s a complete clear out but, knowing us, there will be some chicanery.

Need a completely different approach from manager and his team.

jamboinglasgow

Finally, its done.

Welcome to Hearts Daniel, lets hope you become as loved up here as you were at Barnsley. Get us back up the table and no longer the butt of the jokes from pundits and fans of other teams.

Willkommen Daniel.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Great stuff, we’ve persevered and got the man we wanted. Yes it’s taken time but we’ve shown ambition and not just settled for a soft option like Mcann or Mcall. 

last few games have shown he has a tough tough job on his hands but new managers can bring a breath of fresh air to clubs and hopefully that’s what will happen here and he’ll lift the players 

Jack Torrance

Well done Ann. Thanks for all your hard work the past few weeks getting this done Any appointment is a risk but hopefully the fans will get behind him.

I'll miss the old thread though 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Welcome Daniel. Now let those so called players of ours know we expect a whole lot better than the dross they have been producing.

Just a pity this couldn't have happened quicker and the four points we have given away in two matches might have been ours. Anyway let's all get behind the manager and I am sure we will see a significant improvement in the coming weeks.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Now how about a full house for the St Johnstone game on the 14th. Tell everyone you know the Hearts are coming back to where they belong at the top of Scottish football. Get you family, friends, workmates, neighbours, and boyfriends/girlfriends to Tynecastle to welcome a new beginning. Let’s make some noise.