Nicola Sturgeon

jake

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Education needs to do better. NHS the best performing NHS in the UK. Crime at all time low with 1000 more police as promised

Crime at an all time low figures are a lot of nonsense. They are only low because they are not attending calls and not arresting folk who should be, as jails are full and most are who are, just get punted straight back on to the street to reoffend.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• manaliveits105

• ri Alban

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

55% hen 55% - do one 

It was an election not a referendum! She's more popular than that English nationalist, Johnson. SNP the most popular party in Western Europe. 

crichiejambos
9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Given the mess that education, the NHS in Scotland, the Police force, inward investment etc etc she is clearly not doing her main job of running the country either. 

Ach no matter about that, as long as she gets to play at being the queen of Scotland and o her minions get to worship her that's the main thing stuff what it does to the country in the process then she can walk into the sunset satisfied in the knowledge she's in the annals of Scottish history forever,happy days.

12 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's entirely possible to be critical of the SNP's performance on education, health, and the police without being a unionist.

Lashing out at anyone with the audacity to question is the mark of the paranoid fundamentalist.

And it is entirely possible to support scottish independence, without being a SNP supporter. 

Governor Tarkin
21 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

And it is entirely possible to support scottish independence, without being a SNP supporter. 

Correct.

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Santa Tarkin. I like it.

'What did I get? Oh, its a dvd of Alderaan blowing up again...'

Blu-ray.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Now I'm thinking about Willhuff Tarkin ordering it, but it doesn't work. So he ends up kicking it, Fonz style. 

Get yourself over to the cannabis thread, buddy. :D 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

(Grand Moff Tarkin is a strong character, sorry about this)

Is it wrong that when all the other kids wanted to be Luke Skywalker or Han Solo I wanted to be Grand Moff Tarkin? 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I'd say no, its fine. 

I wanted to be R2-D2 and Chewbacca.

So you're either really short or really tall.

(or really hairy)

AlphonseCapone
13 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's entirely possible to be critical of the SNP's performance on education, health, and the police without being a unionist.

Lashing out at anyone with the audacity to question is the mark of the paranoid fundamentalist.

We need more paranoid fundamentalists imo.

19 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They're not paranoid, tho, are they? :D

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

55% didn't vote snp, and that was with her collecting plenty remainer votes. Boris says no anyway, shame dat. 

57% didn't vote Tory. The UK government is illegitimate.

Edited by ri Alban

manaliveits105

Her celebrations at Swinsons departure is the most classless thing Ive witnessed in politics - absolute spangle

Scotland did not vote as to whether to have an indyref2 or not - so please stop lying - the snp default behaviour 

We had our once in a lifetime vote in 2014 - lets get on with our lifes 

ITS NO HAPPENING - as Boris says

I fully expect Sturgone to have resigned by February with loomimg events 

Perth to Paisley

I despair 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Her celebrations at Swinsons departure is the most classless thing Ive witnessed in politics - absolute spangle

Scotland did not vote as to whether to have an indyref2 or not - so please stop lying - the snp default behaviour 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Her celebrations at Swinsons departure (1) is the most classless thing (2) Ive witnessed in politics - absolute spangle

Scotland did not vote as to whether to have an indyref2 or not (3) - so please stop lying - the snp default behaviour 

We had our once in a lifetime (4) vote in 2014 - lets get on with our lifes 

(1) You refer to her celebration at Amy Callaghan winning a marginal seat.

(2) I'll suggest you haven't witnessed very much, in that case.

(3) Funny - that's what the Tories seemed to be telling us

(4) Once in a lifetime is it now? That's some inflation from once in a generation - given that it was never actually official policy. Still, it gives the dribbling unionists some sort of weird comfort blanket to cling to.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 13:25, Dunks said:

Just on the 'support' for independence, there have been many swings over the years as circumstances and opinion change. 

Historical Polling for Independence

1998    52%

2000    47%

2007    40%

2013    29%

2014    49%

2016    45%

2018    43%

2019    46%

I've taken a very rough polling result from the very many polls held throughout the year. Of note is that you need to go back to the last century to see consistent polling in favour of independence. In terms of the impact of a campaign on polls, we seen a dramatic rise from pre-2014 up to the actual vote, albeit the starting point appears low in comparative terms. Whether a new campaign combined with anti-tory feeling pushes opinion beyond 50% for a new vote, who knows.

My personal view is that a new vote now would see the same outcome as 2014. The Yes movement would require a strong campaign to turn it round and would need to go some way to separating the constitutional question from the political one. They failed to do that in 2014. Conversely, the No movement really needs to come up with a compelling argument as to why we should remain under Westminster control. Something better than 'because'. And we shouldn't discount the chance of further devolution being offered as a sweetener. This happened late in the 2014 campaign.

Interesting times ahead :smiliz34:

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 14:18, coconut doug said:

This is not how i recall the change in support for Indy. This is much more how i remember things especially the social attitudes survey.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_Scottish_independence   

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 14:47, Dunks said:

Every figure in my post is in that link :thumbsup:

The Scottish attitudes survey has support for indy averaged from 1999 to 2016. Support fluctuated around high twenties to low thirties between 1999 and 2012 before doubling to what it is today i.e. around 46%

It may be that there were isolated polls showing higher support but the average support was not as you portray. We do not know which polls you chose to include in your "Very rough polling result" from the "many polls held throughout the year" and i actually can't find any to support your figures though i can find one poll which was a multi option poll reinterpreted to show similar figures to those you claim. Maybe you could link the polls you used.

I would be surprised if the support for Indy was as you claim because i believe the only reason we were ever given a poll was because the UKgov never imagined we would ever gewt anywhere near a majority and the reason we are not getting one now is because they know there is a good chance Yes would win. Support for Indy grew and more or less doubled after the announcement of the referendum and as the NO case floundered. I don't think there has been any substantial movement in support since but the last thing Unionists want is a reopening of the campaign and further consideration of the merits of Scottish independence. IMO they lost almost all the arguments last time and they would lose them even more so now so much so that Labour now seem to be changing their position on Indyref2.

The Real Maroonblood
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

:cornette_dog:

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1206243312363098115

:greggy:

Maroon Sailor

She won the Christmas tree vote against her husband.

Finally she gets her own way.

Bet he has to take it down 

manaliveits105

If it wasn’t for the austerity placed upon us by the snps mismanagement of devolved powers Scots could afford huge trees like hers

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

If it wasn’t for the austerity placed upon us by the snps mismanagement of devolved powers Scots could afford huge trees like hers

:cornette_dog:

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Love it how she winds you up and others on here. Pure comedy. Have a good Christmas and don't let her bother you. Good will to all. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Love it how she winds you up and others on here. Pure comedy. Have a good Christmas and don't let her bother you. Good will to all. 

:laugh2:

5 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Remember, all those hard working thrifty Scots that we were tarred for for years have their begging bowls out over Christmas

015307E8-1192-4792-B3C2-DB2AE577F058.jpeg

How is that calc'd? Please explain

6 hours ago, Super T said:

How is that calc'd? Please explain

It's just the Scottish budget at Holyrood taken from Supposed tax take from Scotland. The WM government spends the rest on UK projects(London,EU, Trident,War,Bail outs, more war, Defence, tax cuts, even more war, political propaganda, WM, The Queen and her family, and more war, embassies, Summits, more WMD, ports, ferries,  etc...) and then tells everyone that Scotland spends £12b more than it brings in. £inred + whatever our % of overspending is, whether we get it or not, you decide???

Edited by ri Alban

Weakened Offender
12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I hope you've not got kids. 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It's just the Scottish budget at Holyrood taken from Supposed tax take from Scotland. The WM government spends the rest on UK projects(London,EU, Trident,War,Bail outs, more war, Defence, tax cuts, even more war, political propaganda, WM, The Queen and her family, and more war, embassies, Summits, more WMD, ports, ferries,  etc...) and then tells everyone that Scotland spends £12b more than it brings in. £inred + whatever our % of overspending is, whether we get it or not, you decide???

Another SNP lie for the Brigadoon Brigade 

She has been telt NAW 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You are letting your guard down fish boy

kirlley-veloso-space-fish-redes-02.thumb.jpg.2f096e731ff75f113ea18b56c07a7a13.jpg

7 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You are letting your guard down fish boy

kirlley-veloso-space-fish-redes-02.thumb.jpg.2f096e731ff75f113ea18b56c07a7a13.jpg

I don't get it. Unless you think I'm space mackerel? Which is a bit stupid, are you stupid?

:stupid_post:

Maroon Sailor
Just now, ri Alban said:

I don't get it. Unless you think I'm space mackerel? Which is a bit stupid, are you stupid?

Careful who you log on as Aus eh ?

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Another SNP lie for the Brigadoon Brigade 

She has been telt NAW 

She's the cat's mother.

Oh and Tick Tock til the Nawbags :yadayada:

:pleasing:

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Always wondered why you and Spacefish don't prattle your pish between yourselves on a thread. 

Nice of you to bring the fish in from the cold a couple of weeks back though.

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Always wondered why you and Spacefish don't prattle your pish between yourselves on a thread. 

Nice of you to bring the fish in from the cold a couple of weeks back though.

How did this work out for ya? :lol:

On 15/12/2019 at 20:01, Space Mackerel said:

Remember, all those hard working thrifty Scots that we were tarred for for years have their begging bowls out over Christmas

015307E8-1192-4792-B3C2-DB2AE577F058.jpeg

Impressive but very misleading. The revenue raised side looks about right. Costs are where it’s misleading. Benefits and Pensions Costs aren’t included as they’re mostly reserved. Around £16bn for non devolved stuff. https://www.gov.scot/publications/2019-annual-report-welfare-reform/pages/3/. Scotland would have its own armed forces of some sort and other machinery of government such as border force, customs, foreign office etc etc. I’m sure it could cope okay but would have to cut its cloth very carefully, especially in the early years when provIng its financial fitness for being admitted to the EU. It would probably have to drop or reduce a lot of the free stuff like tuition fees, prescriptions and care for the elderly.  It also has a demographic time bomb to address with a low birth rate and rapidly growing pensioner population, placing increasing pressure on those working. Immigration would help.

Where did you get your figures and how are they calculated? Genuine, non confrontational question.