• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• Justin Z

• manaliveits105

• ri Alban

Nicola and the SNP have done more for Scotland in the past 10 years than Westminster has done in over 250.

It is only now that our 5th largest city is getting connected with a dual carriageway. 

The Borders have been reconnected  by railway. Granted it's not perfect and needs improving an upgrading but at least it's there and hopefully will be reconnected to Carlisle in the future.

Yes the new hospitals have problems but at least they have been built and hopefully  will soon be a credit to our country.

I get so annoyed when I hear that we Scots can't look after ourselves and that we have to depend on the hand me downs from South of the border. I have many friends down there but I know for a fact if the shoe was the other way round there  would be one big shindig going on.

As for the argument if we were to win our independence and remain in Europe it wouldn't be us putting up a border between us it would be our friends across the wall.

jack D and coke
10 hours ago, Greenbank2 said:

No charge for prescriptions.

No charge for university fees

No charge for social care.......etc

.......What have the Romans ever done for us?

Schools are not failing. They are "average" in Science and maths and above average in reading per the international research published earlier this week. Can do better but not failing.

The problems with education include;

1. The expectation of shit parents who drop their charges at the school gates and expect the school to turn their brats into Einstein. Said  parents' role models are Cheryl Cole or Conor McGregor and spend much more time on social media than parenting their children.

2. The financial burden placed upon schools required to deal with such stupid expectations and unruly brats

3. The tertiary education industry that gives out degrees in lucky bags because they are paid millions in tuition fees to do so.

The problems with the NHS include

1. Not admitting enough medical students to university and elitism in the admissions procedures.

2. Primary care is antiquated - GP's do not have a magic wand - they are generally brilliant but cannot solve everything.

3. Millions of elderly people with complex medical needs including social care.

I have teachers and doctors in my immediate family and these professions do a fantastic job.

Your point may be that another political party could do better at running the devolved services in Scotland - if so I respect your opinion. However, if it is that we are better off being run from Westminster, you're having a laugh. Every unionist party pledging to renew trident! That's a good use of £200BN with the problems above right? Tax cuts for the rich, gravy for the Bullingdon Boys etc etc. That's what you get. Now, then, always. That's what middle england wants. YOUR Scottish life will only become significantly better once WE take back control. Then you might ask not "what can I get" but "what can I do about it"?

👏🏼👏🏼
A lot of sense here. 

9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Your whole post screams “TORY”. 

The “Billionaires” I refer to are the ones who squirrel millions away in offshore accounts to avoid paying their share. You know it goes on. The same Billionaires who contribute to the tory party. Strange set of coincidences.

Meanwhile its austerity and slave wages for the masses and Tax cuts for the rich.

Earn more = pay your share IMO but you think if their loaded they should be allowed to get away with it! Typical tory viewpoint. 

I bet you believe in “Trickle down economics” is actually a thing? “Wealth creators” actually exist and “the tories” actually give a feck about anyone earning less than £100k/year!

Have you ever paid or been paid  'cash in hand?'   I was hoping my post was more 'SNP . . .Not for me!'   DO not assume I vote Conservative by the way.

8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Shoosh you! Dontcha know an Indy Scotland will be a 1 party state...apparently.

In an independent Scotland, would there be any more need for the snp?

38 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

In an independent Scotland, would there be any more need for the snp?

Thats my point.

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats my point.

As long as we don't UDI, the SNP are not required. An Indyref win, stops any unionist alliance, recapturing us for their overlords without referenda.

Just think how much money we could save if we're independent no House of Lords to pay for we could have the Veterans residence opposite  our Parliment  as our second house. 😂🤣

Even when I was anti-independence and wouldn't have thought about voting SNP (i.e. before this Brexit fiasco), I have to say that I was impressed with Nicola Sturgeon as FM and SNP representative.

16 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Typical 'chip on the shoulder' reaction.   What has stopped you from working hard and becoming a Billionaire?  I for one do not grudge anyone who has done well for themselves.  Billionaires tend to create jobs and wealth for others.

The UK Government speaks for the whole of the UK.  Scotland has simply a devolved parliament and has responsibility for devolved powers.  Our basic income tax in Scotland is higher than in the rest of the UK.  You can thank the snp for that.

Can I just remind you of your post a few minutes ago??

Actually, if you count the votes of the opposition parties and add them together, you will find that more people did not vote for them than did.  Ergo they do not actually speak for the majority of people of Scotland, only themselves and their supporters.  

Make your mind up

manaliveits105

Eamon and Ruth getting the Tories bad patter noo on This Morning - not doing herself any favours re the possible Corbyn alliance 

by this time next week she will hopefully have been put out her misery and return to the day job 

aw nice though she has given Eamon and Ruth a purple kilted Santa (looks like your typical snp activist) for their tree - that will swing the votes hen ye ken - will ye stoap yer ticklin jock

Noticed she always puts Glasgow before Edinburgh when talking about Scottish cities - does she not know the Capital ?

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Eamon and Ruth getting the Tories bad patter noo on This Morning - not doing herself any favours re the possible Corbyn alliance 

by this time next week she will hopefully have been put out her misery and return to the day job 

aw nice though she has given Eamon and Ruth a purple kilted Santa (looks like your typical snp activist) for their tree - that will swing the votes hen ye ken - will ye stoap yer ticklin jock

Noticed she always puts Glasgow before Edinburgh when talking about Scottish cities - does she not know the Capital ?

I read ‘Scottish Cringe’.

Cure: Cricket, Morris dancing and Steak n’ Kidney pudding. 

Good Luck!

41 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I read ‘Scottish Cringe’.

Cure: Cricket, Morris dancing and Steak n’ Kidney pudding. 

Good Luck!

Cricket booorrrriiinnnggg

Prefer tiddly winks, highland changing and haggis 

6 hours ago, XB52 said:

Can I just remind you of your post a few minutes ago??

Actually, if you count the votes of the opposition parties and add them together, you will find that more people did not vote for them than did.  Ergo they do not actually speak for the majority of people of Scotland, only themselves and their supporters.  

Make your mind up

Make my mind up about what exactly?

58 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Make my mind up about what exactly?

you said the tories, although very much a minority in the UK, speak for the UK as they are the government. You then said the SNP, although they are in government, don't speak for  Scotland. So which is it???? The government speak for the country or they don't???? 

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

She smashed it on This Morning. Was like a friendly chat though.

aye she will be a shoe in for Loose Women when her political career goes tits up next year

Please read my post again.   I have not mentioned 'Tories' at all.   

I am stating that the snp are always saying that they 'speak for the people of Scotland.'  On votes cast, the snp had less votes when you added the votes of the opposition parties in Scotland together, so more people in Scotland did NOT vote for the snp than did.  For the snp to say that they 'speak for the people of Scotland' is inaccurate.  The snp speaks for the snp and their supporters.   

Whether you like it or not, Westminster is the seat of the UK (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) government.  Holyrood is an assembly with devolved powers affecting only Scotland.

She Is a really good politician and She is Trying to return Scotland to being a proper country again, as it has been for the majority of its history.

What’s not to like?

Folk can disagree with her politics all they want but they cannot deny she comes across very well compared to the other parties leaders. Easily the most impressive politician on show in this election campaign. 

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

:cornette:

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Folk can disagree with her politics all they want but they cannot deny she comes across very well compared to the other parties leaders. Easily the most impressive politician on show in this election campaign. 

Actually I find I can disagree with that very easily. 

5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

She Is a really good politician and She is Trying to return Scotland to being a proper country again, as it has been for the majority of its history.

What’s not to like?

When exactly is this that you are talking about?  Do you know much about Scotland's history before the act of union?

I think you've been watching Braveheart a few too many times.

Just now, frankblack said:

When exactly is this that you are talking about?  Do you know much about Scotland's history before the act of union?

I think you've been watching Braveheart a few too many times.

I have done a fair bit of reading on Scotland’s history. My family ties go back centuries, and it interests me.

You do yourself no favours with your “Braveheart” pish. Makes you appear thick. 👍

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I have done a fair bit of reading on Scotland’s history. My family ties go back centuries, and it interests me.

You do yourself no favours with your “Braveheart” pish. Makes you appear thick. 👍

Your post was sentamentalist nonsense, lacking knowledge of history, and I've pulled you up on doing that before.

The reality is that Scotland hasn't been an independant country for much of its history at all, and when it was it bankrupted itself.

Now, who exactly appears to be thick?

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Your post was sentamentalist nonsense, lacking knowledge of history, and I've pulled you up on doing that before.

The reality is that Scotland hasn't been an independant country for much of its history at all, and when it was it bankrupted itself.

You. You also appear to be angry. The fact you are wrong comes in third. 

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

You. You also appear to be angry. The fact you are wrong comes in third. 

:rofl:

Go on then, give examples of this great independant Scotland that you yearn to take us back to?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

Go on then, give examples of this great independant Scotland that you yearn to take us back to?

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It may help your argument fb if you could spell independent. You may come across as thick. We are independent, we are Scotland, we just don't govern ourselves at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It may help your argument fb if you could spell independent. You may come across as thick. We are independent, we are Scotland, we just don't govern ourselves at the moment. 

Coming from you that yesterday thought the IFS were the establishment that is pots and kettles.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Coming from you that yesterday thought the IFS were the establishment that is pots and kettles.

Come on fb you're not thick and I expected you not to believe people like IFS. I don't trust any speculators. We are not told what Scotland's finances are and why not? My belief is that WM wish to keep us because we have worth. What else, we are forever told we're scroungers etc, etc. I know you'll vote for that idiot Jardine in EWest and me and most of my family will vote SNP, wife not a fan though! 

14 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What leader comes across better than her then? 

58 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nicola Sturgeon is the definition of Volkish. Her politics are set out to stir up hatred and decision.

Like Johnson? He hates Scottish people. She doesn't stir anything other than your anger and that's wonderful. 

21 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sounds like a personal problem.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

And if you think Nicola Sturgeon is the best politician that has ever existed, what do you make of Ian Blackford?

Hows Ruth doing now she has shit the bed? 

15 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Ian Blackford is a horrible wee pompous nobody. 

Hopefully he gets unseated this coming week with a useful bit of tactical voting. 👍

39 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hopefully he gets unseated this coming week with a useful bit of tactical voting. 👍

I've never heard or listened to this man. Has he condemned people or created wars? He must be doing something right if it winds up the establishment and their subservient mob. 

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Ian Blackford is a horrible wee pompous nobody. 

All politicians are. Can u define Boris? Or Gove, or Rees Mogg, or Chukka or Swinson, or IDS or 75% of WM or HR. But I'd say James Kelly is the biggest arsehole in the Scottish Parliament by a distance.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

The cult of Sturgeon makes as much sense as the cult of Salmond did. None. 

Says the cult of Scottish Unionism, The Orange order, The Masons, Boris and Thatcher. But hey!

manaliveits105
5 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The cult of Sturgeon makes as much sense as the cult of Salmond did. None. 

He who can’t be mentioned 

manaliveits105

Usual pish and wind on Andrew Marr - no policies - except stop the Tories

noticed she likes saying I and my a lot except when attacked on poor snp performance when she reverts to we and our - sign of a political coward

I love a JKB political themed thread.

Despite the majority of JKB supporting Scottish Independence and the majority supporting the SNP in the upcoming election, it's the same old blow hards gnashing their teeth and howling at the moon time and time again about SNPBAD!!11!!1 

Must be exhausting to be so full of negative thinking. 

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Despite the majority of JKB supporting Scottish Independence and the majority supporting the SNP in the upcoming election, it's the same old blow hards gnashing their teeth and howling at the moon time and time again about SNPBAD!!11!!1 

Everyone is allowed their own views, end off, its called democracy.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

😂

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Everyone is allowed their own views, end off, its called democracy.

Correct.

Not the point I was making though. Not the point I was making. That's not the point I was making. The point I was making isn't that. 

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Correct.

Not the point I was making though. Not the point I was making. That's not the point I was making. The point I was making isn't that. 

:)