Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is the bit i find really odd. For someone who is perceived as being so arrogant, i cannot believe he is happy with such a diminshed role, even reduced to showing his potential successor where the executive toilets are.

Unless of course he has been promised a new role further dowen the line. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as the new Sporting Director tbh

Or if he pulled the trigger on himself and Budge really wanted him to stay on.

Who knows, but something doesn’t add up to me.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ohh my bad. 

Though seems pretty poor to attack the likes of Eric based on his appearance and little else? Maybe you should contact AB raising your concerns about peoples ability,  based on their  appearance. 

Anyway as a wise man once said ‘Beware that, when fighting monster, you yourself do not become a monster, for when you gaze into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you’

Something worth bearing in mind 👍

"the likes of Eric... " :lol:

I've really left that exposed nerve rather raw, haven't I mate. If I have accidentally described you with my lampoonery, then please accept my apologies.

****All characterisations in my posts --even those that are eerily accurate-- are entirely fictional****

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂

No I just think it’s poor making sweeping judgements based on peoples appearance. Something you did and do pretty regularly, 

Do you think people should make judgements based on appearance alone? 

It’s  the same logic prejudice people use; like gammons and racists! Invent stereotypes to throw stones in an attempt to hide their own  prejudice. Even down to it was just a bit of joke banter. You excel at it!

Ohh and just to stop you making anymore incorrect assumptions. I’m not even middle aged, don’t drink or smoke, fit as **** (I would seriously fancy my chances of doing better in a fitness test than some our squad), buy tailor made suits and rarely get angry as I get sit back a bit and enjoy the fruits on my labour. Albeit I do have brown shoes, not so much brogues as I don’t like the style all that much but the right pair I would go in on brogues. 

I’m just calling out shan prejudice. That’s all. 

Anyway I’m out now as this is going round in circles and your attempts to justify yourself are boring me. 

Thanks for clearing that up... There was me thinking I'd touched a nerve. :)

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think he’s reorganising the first team side of things as that will be the Manager’s role. Similarly I reckon any new SD will want to have a say in that side. I think Craig will come up with some proposals/ideas for consideration. 

The only thing he should be considering is how to clear his desk on the way out.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

😂

No I just think it’s poor making sweeping judgements based on peoples appearance. Something you did and do pretty regularly, 

Do you think people should make judgements based on appearance alone? 

It’s  the same logic prejudice people use; like gammons and racists! Invent stereotypes to throw stones in an attempt to hide their own  prejudice. Even down to it was just a bit of joke banter. You excel at it!

Ohh and just to stop you making anymore incorrect assumptions. I’m not even middle aged, don’t drink or smoke, fit as **** (I would seriously fancy my chances of doing better in a fitness test than some our squad), buy tailor made suits and rarely get angry as I get sit back a bit and enjoy the fruits on my labour. Albeit I do have brown shoes, not so much brogues as I don’t like the style all that much but the right pair I would go in on brogues. 

I’m just calling out shan prejudice. That’s all. 

Anyway I’m out now as this is going round in circles and your attempts to justify yourself are boring me. 

nice to hear from one of life’s winners. 

4 minutes ago, jambali said:

The only thing he should be considering is how to clear his desk on the way out.

It’s mental. Why are some people so scared to contemplate a life without Levein? 

People just accepting he still has an influence in the club and don’t have an issue with it?

If this was Romanov it would be Mad Vlad stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s mental. Why are some people so scared to contemplate a life without Levein? 

People just accepting he still has an influence in the club and don’t have an issue with it?

If this was Romanov it would be Mad Vlad stuff. 

I take a pragmatic view of it. If your are paying someone anyway and you think you can still get some value out of them then you would be mad not to. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

nice to hear from one of life’s winners. 

He sounds quite hot. Makes me want to watch him working out.

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I take a pragmatic view of it. If your are paying someone anyway and you think you can still get some value out of them then you would be mad not to. 

Just don’t understand this view. Looking at CL’s entire record in the round he has proven to be very poor at his job. Hired Cathro = fail. Signed dozens and dozens of players the majority of which were substandard = fail. 2 x 6th place finishes = fail. Had to be “sacked” because of atrocious form this season = fail. Why is anybody listening to him on anything football related???

Forever Hearts
39 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Just don’t understand this view. Looking at CL’s entire record in the round he has proven to be very poor at his job. Hired Cathro = fail. Signed dozens and dozens of players the majority of which were substandard = fail. 2 x 6th place finishes = fail. Had to be “sacked” because of atrocious form this season = fail. Why is anybody listening to him on anything football related???

Because he was a good player for Hearts 30 years ago. 

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Because he was a sublime player and captain for Hearts over 30 years ago, a very good manager for Hearts 20 years ago, and because he has an affection for the club and wanted to do his best to make it successful.

FTFY

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

... and when that is NEGATIVE value - GET RID!

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

FTFY

Which he failed miserably to do whilst leaving us in an absolute mess and bottom of the league. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Which he failed miserably to do whilst leaving us in an absolute mess and bottom of the league. 

He failed at managing the first team this time around. Agreed.

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Embarrassing thread.  I'm pretty sure AB is doing everything she can to move things forward.

So if someone tries really hard at something but does it poorly they should continue because their intentions are good??

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Does signing players fall under managing the first team? Cos he failed at that too.

7 minutes ago, jambali said:

... and when that is NEGATIVE value - GET RID!

I’m sure if the board thought it was negative value they would. 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

And hiring Cathro, and playing eye bleeding football and signing utter donkeys on long term expensive contracts. 

Borders Jambo
Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

So if someone tries really hard at something but does it poorly they should continue because their intentions are good??

Have you been involved in high level recruitment before within a small recruitment market or have a substantial amount of money to pump into the club?.

I have in the past and believe me if you are trying to recruit someone perceived to be previously good at their job, its not easy with all sorts of conflicting aspects.  Add in the football aspects and unfriendly media scrutiny, and I can imagine it is even more difficult. 

I'm pretty sure AB is trying her utmost to get this sorted.  Plus how do you know it has been done poorly?

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

And hiring Cathro, and playing eye bleeding football and signing utter donkeys on long term expensive contracts. 

Now you are just being bitter and churlish because you are aggrieved at him not being successful as our manager second time around. :( 

Adam_the_legend
7 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Have you been involved in high level recruitment before within a small recruitment market or have a substantial amount of money to pump into the club?.

I have in the past and believe me if you are trying to recruit someone perceived to be previously good at their job, its not easy with all sorts of conflicting aspects.  Add in the football aspects and unfriendly media scrutiny, and I can imagine it is even more difficult. 

I'm pretty sure AB is trying her utmost to get this sorted.  Plus how do you know it has been done poorly?

Actually, yes, I have been involved in a number of high level hires. I have understand all the challenges that come with recruitment.

not saying it’s easy but if you’re going to be a football owner it comes with the territory. How do I know? We don’t have a manager in place yet. It’s a complete dereliction of duty not to have an idea of who you’d go after IF you had to fire CL. There is absolutely no valid reason to be managerless 5 weeks after sacking the previous manager, in the middle of the season, when we’re in free fall. 

Adam_the_legend
10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Now you are just being bitter and churlish because you are aggrieved at him not being successful as our manager second time around. :( 

If by churlish you mean accurately reflecting the situation...

7 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

If by churlish you mean accurately reflecting the situation...

Yeah, I was using an ancient definition of the word...

:cornette:

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Your churlish is my truth. 

Borders Jambo
13 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Actually, yes, I have been involved in a number of high level hires. I have understand all the challenges that come with recruitment.

not saying it’s easy but if you’re going to be a football owner it comes with the territory. How do I know? We don’t have a manager in place yet. It’s a complete dereliction of duty not to have an idea of who you’d go after IF you had to fire CL. There is absolutely no valid reason to be managerless 5 weeks after sacking the previous manager, in the middle of the season, when we’re in free fall. 

I think its best to agree to disagree.

My views are that we could have had someone quickly if we had wanted to go for someone like McCall or McCann.

If we have to wait until next week to get someone in who supposedly is a higher calibre candidate, then I can wait for that.

I suspect we both want a winning team hopefully playing decent football and challenging at the right end of the table with a Manager who is not afraid to tell players straight and isn't in anyway intimidated by travelling through to Glasgow and cowtowing to the OF. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

To be fair to Budge she said a 4-6 week timeline. Your time to be angry was when she said that.

Like anything if we get the right man it doesn’t matter how long it took. I don’t think good, fairly experienced managers who meet our criteria are just waiting by the phone for a call from Hearts.

Budge interviewed initial applicants and decided to go for someone else. It’s what we wanted isn’t it?

Guest ToqueJambo
On 05/12/2019 at 05:42, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes the fans who booed Neilson were wrong - and they have been well and truly punished by the appointment of Cathro and Levein!

let’s hope they learned their lesson like Budge seems to have. 

16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Deary ****ing me. Thought I had seen it all. 

89BA1128-BE94-4C94-91E5-740C4EA68842.jpeg

What about that appalls you? 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Another headmistress type warning. 

Hope you ain’t got kids mate... 😳

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hope you ain’t got kids mate... 😳

Prior to Ann Budge, Hearts had the family enclosure for many years in the main stand.

So if this is the Nanny state maybe they would like to look at Wallace Mercer - I have no idea if it was in practice before that.

The rat catcher
18 hours ago, deejtee said:

Cathro?

Not sure Cathro was ever a Manager before us and definitely wasn't recommended by many people...

Guest ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Not sure Cathro was ever a Manager before us and definitely wasn't recommended by many people...

He was and is very highly thought of by one of the EPL’s current best managers.

12 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Indeed but he was talked about in glowing terms by many people who thought he was the new big thing and was an appointment that excited many. It was also widely seen as innovative and a break from the usual circuit of failed managers.

We all hope that Stendel is appointed and lives up to expectations but best not to assume that his previous record is any guarantee for a young manager.

52 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Family stand, aye. We all come from different backgrounds and some jambos don't like swearing and abuse. Provided this stays in the family stand no issue with it. If it makes its way into other parts of the ground I think its then an issue. 

Adam_the_legend
39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair to Budge she said a 4-6 week timeline. Your time to be angry was when she said that.

Like anything if we get the right man it doesn’t matter how long it took. I don’t think good, fairly experienced managers who meet our criteria are just waiting by the phone for a call from Hearts.

Budge interviewed initial applicants and decided to go for someone else. It’s what we wanted isn’t it?

I said at the time 4-6 weeks was a ridiculous timeframe for a new manager mid season. I wasn’t alone in saying that. Obviously the whole “it doesn’t matter how long it takes” chat is nonsense. Would you be ok with 6 months??

My core point is very simple, most of the groundwork should have been done before moving CL on. That’s how most clubs operate and that’s how this should have been handled. she couldn’t face the prospect her golden boy wouldn’t turn it round despite the evidence to the contrary. She should have started looking for a new manager instead of drafting her genuine hearts supporters statement. We would  have had someone ready come the time she actually pulled the plug on him. Simples. 

The rat catcher
2 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Indeed but he was talked about in glowing terms by many people who thought he was the new big thing and was an appointment that excited many. It was also widely seen as innovative and a break from the usual circuit of failed managers.

We all hope that Stendel is appointed and lives up to expectations but best not to assume that his previous record is any guarantee for a young manager.

I never had a opinion on IC as I knew nothing about him and he had never managed nor did I hear from anyone saying if he was good or not.

On paper at least Stendel is better - Has managed, has had success, is well respected etc.

Seems far lower risk of failing and high chance of being a success as a result.

6 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

I never had a opinion on IC as I knew nothing about him and he had never managed nor did I hear from anyone saying if he was good or not.

On paper at least Stendel is better - Has managed, has had success, is well respected etc.

Seems far lower risk of failing and high chance of being a success as a result.

Fingers crossed🙂

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I said at the time 4-6 weeks was a ridiculous timeframe for a new manager mid season. I wasn’t alone in saying that. Obviously the whole “it doesn’t matter how long it takes” chat is nonsense. Would you be ok with 6 months??

My core point is very simple, most of the groundwork should have been done before moving CL on. That’s how most clubs operate and that’s how this should have been handled. she couldn’t face the prospect her golden boy wouldn’t turn it round despite the evidence to the contrary. She should have started looking for a new manager instead of drafting her genuine hearts supporters statement. We would  have had someone ready come the time she actually pulled the plug on him. Simples. 

Easy to say but the fact is we’re going after a manager who would normally be considered out of our budget.

If it was a simple as you seem to think it is we would have done what you say. It would have been easy to offer Ross or McCann or Cockrill the job. What other out if work managers could we have approached before there was even a vacant position?

I suspect we also wanted to give McPhee a shot, as Spurs did with Sherwood and Arsenal are doing with Llundberg,  and as Leicester did with Shakespeare.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

What on Earth!!! 

Not enough facepalms for that!!! 
It’s like going to the school going to Home matches. 

Adam_the_legend
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Easy to say but the fact is we’re going after a manager who would normally be considered out of our budget.

What’s budget got to do with timing?? And how do you know if he’s in or out of our budget? ITK?