Budge should leave at the end of the season

DB-14

Just now, Tasavallan said:

Because Colin, they love to hear the sound of their stomachs rumbling.   Ann has made mistakes both with the management and the stadium development but it is her investment and her money.  THANK YOU  The only solution is to bring forward the handover to FOH, Ann takes her money out of the pot and sails into the sunset.  But I expect the same voices of discontent, that probably invested bugger all in the club, will still bleat away regardless.      

So the discontent is coming from people who have invested nothing in the club ?

You very sure of that ?

Sticking in a wee “ probably “ doesn’t cut it either !

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• Beast Boy

• GinRummy

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, baron of ness said:

Who takes over?

We will need to pay her as CEO after this season so it might well be better to get a younger person who knows more about football. 

12 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Because Colin, they love to hear the sound of their stomachs rumbling.   Ann has made mistakes both with the management and the stadium development but it is her investment and her money.  THANK YOU  The only solution is to bring forward the handover to FOH, Ann takes her money out of the pot and sails into the sunset.  But I expect the same voices of discontent, that probably invested bugger all in the club, will still bleat away regardless.      

I just pray Stendel hasn't read Kickback.

I suspect there's more inbreeding on here than with the Hapsburgs.

Edited by colinmaroon

16 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

She has overseen a complete disaster since Neilson left and we should say thanks and goodbye. Utter shambles she has left us with from trusting her pal Levein.

TBH, I'll be gobsmacked if she still wants to be in charge after FoH take over. Got the club back on a reasonable financial footing, but she must know she's doing little but damage on a footballing front, and she surely doesn't need the hassle?

15 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So what you going to do about it, apart from call her names on a fans forum like an 8 year old child?

She is a great business woman why do you keep disputing this fact? You are aware she is trying to get us a manager who completely galvanised the support at his last club.

Where did you sit last night?

Section S.

You are only as good as your last business and her current one is failing spectacularly. Basing this on her current business being a football club and this fooball club is losing with every passing week.

7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I just pray Stendel hasn't read Kickback.

I suspect there's more inbreeding on here than with the Hapsburgs.

Didn't realise you and Tasavallan were related.

Seriously, talking about all the wasted money being hers? Thinking she does not deserve some criticism for her errors as well as praise for her earlier successes? Some of the posts here are ludicrous at either extreme. I believe her failures are significant enough to at least want her powers significantly reduced when the time comes. The board must have an influential football mind on it next year and not someone who is either beholding to the manager or even worse the same person.

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Section S.

You are only as good as your last business and her current one is failing spectacularly. Basing this on her current business being a football club and this fooball club is losing with every passing week.

How was it - nice aye?

The business side of Hearts has never been stronger, the club was a complete shitshow and as a result we nearly didn't have a club. I'm not sure which halcyon days you keep harking back to but a mid week game against Livingston when we are struggling is never likely to produce an atmosphere. Yes the football team is rank but that's Levein's fault not Ann Budge's in fact Ann Budge being such an astute business woman allowed the ego maniac to lead us to where we are by funding his pet projects like Craig Wighton and Ian Cathro etc.

You are utterly obsessed with Ann Budge and want some non-existent past to return to Tynecastle. We've had plenty shite teams and Tynecastle can be like a library at times, you'd honestly think it was Lazio or Roma or some such team you'd been watching all your days. The embarrassing thing is you don't even go to the games, you have no understanding of the financial situation and base all your opinions around how stupid a nickname you can make up for your latest victim. 

17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

How was it - nice aye?

The business side of Hearts has never been stronger, the club was a complete shitshow and as a result we nearly didn't have a club. I'm not sure which halcyon days you keep harking back to but a mid week game against Livingston when we are struggling is never likely to produce an atmosphere. Yes the football team is rank but that's Levein's fault not Ann Budge's in fact Ann Budge being such an astute business woman allowed the ego maniac to lead us to where we are by funding his pet projects like Craig Wighton and Ian Cathro etc.

You are utterly obsessed with Ann Budge and want some non-existent past to return to Tynecastle. We've had plenty shite teams and Tynecastle can be like a library at times, you'd honestly think it was Lazio or Roma or some such team you'd been watching all your days. The embarrassing thing is you don't even go to the games, you have no understanding of the financial situation and base all your opinions around how stupid a nickname you can make up for your latest victim. 

Football is our business!

Selkirkhmfc1874
40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Judging a football club on anything but their on field success

:vrface:

Mrs Budge has more than provided the finances for onfield success ! The problem is the previous head coach wasted it 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mrs Budge has more than provided the finances for onfield success ! The problem is the previous head coach wasted it 

Who was it appointed him and kept him beyond his sell by date? Sadly wasted opportunity.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

AB is ultimately accountable for everything that happens at the club, even is she isn’t responsible for everything that happens. 

The footballing side, has been a disaster by in large as a result of her decision making. The reliance on CL was more than just loyalty, it was stubbornness and poor decision making at its worst. She repeatedly chose to ignore the weight of evidence and others advice. The result of that is the mess we find ourselves in today. 

I don’t see all that much evidence that lessons have been learned but time will tell. 

On the business side she has done a lot of good, however, she’s not been perfect. The stand overrun was far from ideal, nepotism is a bit of issue imo and she is learning that all the infrastructure on the business side is next to pointless without a decent product on the park.

She has undoubtably worked very hard and has only the best of intentions, however, that does not make her decisions correct or exempt her from criticism. She has got a number of significant things wrong lately. 

That said I would actually want her to remain as overall the good outweighs the bad. However, we should be preparing for a transition/succession as natural break points is rapidly approaching due to finances, her age etc.

I hope for everyone’s sake she starts making the right decisions, in respect to the 1st team as if she doesn’t, I’m not convinced she will be remembered as fondly as we would like.

Totally agree with your sentiments. Wonder how many of the kneejerkers will turn up for the AGM and/or the FOH AGM and put forward their arguments

Ricardo Shillyshally

I've been watching Hearts since 1984 and since then every "owner" has pretty much  left under some sort of cloud.

Dr Budge despite her failings has been a massive force of good at Heart of Midlothian. Her tenure will come to an end next year (May I think). She can can still turn it around to some degree if the new manager and whatever new staff come along are a relative success.

Either way her involvement has been more good than bad, but it's (almost) time to move on.

57 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Correct 

Selkirkhmfc1874
54 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Who was it appointed him and kept him beyond his sell by date? Sadly wasted opportunity.

Absolutely and loyalty towards levein definitely something she's guilty of

The rat catcher
18 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Absolutely and loyalty towards levein definitely something she's guilty of

Agreed.

And if it as it appears she has gone out to find the best manager available rather than take one of the usual failures (see recent interviewees if you are unsure who I am talking about) and it works out then we should be fine again.

We still have some quality players in Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Whelan, Haring, Naismith, Washington, Hickey.

And there is no doubt Meshino, Walker and Uche among others have something to offer.

Edited by The rat catcher

1 minute ago, The rat catcher said:

Agreed.

And if it as it appears she has gone out to find the best manager available rather than take one of the usual failures (see recent interviewees if you are unsure who I am talking about) and it works out then we should be fine again.

We still have some quality players in Souttar, Halkett, Smith, Whelan, Haring, Naismith, Washington, Hickey.

And there is no doubt Meshino, Walker and Uche among others have something to offer.

The delays previously and currently(some out of the club's hands) put a load of pressure on the new manager. We just have to hope he copes. Also hope the Sporting Director is someone with the required knowledge.

19 hours ago, jock _turd said:

She has not done a bad job could have been better but... CL did a terrible job. You have to cut her some slack when one considers that although she was the CEO she was relying on the DOF to make the football decisions which was not unreasonable in my opinion.  She could have got rid of CL earlier BUT it  is difficult to blame our present position directly on her. Even now all is not lost we have time with a good man manager who is  given resources to get us out of this position and up the table.

Took her a long time to see the problem,when others could clearly see it.

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I went to her stadium last night and was uncomfortable the entire time.  It was so quiet I had to whisper my conversation with my pal the entire game.  This then transfers onto the pitch and the players looked as uncomfortable as the fans feel.  Fans scared to shout obscenities, too much apathy to even "boo", and the goal created nothing more than a 1 second 'yeah!'

This whole ‘she is a great businesswoman’ is such a myth.  Take us.  We are a football team and as a football team we are failing – where is the success here?  You can have all the spicy hot dogs, non-alcoholic beers and empty fans bars you want – we are failing quite spectacularly, we are a shambles from top to bottom and our results are getting worse week in week out.

To many we are creating more laughs than the Edinburgh fringe, the customers are dwindling and the overall feeling and enthusiasm for her product is at an all-time low.  I genuinely don’t think I will ever be a proud Jambo again until she is on her yacht sailing into the sunset.  When 71 Livingston fans outsing you on your own patch and make fun of your home calling it a library you know enough is enough.

You have outdone yourself with this utter garbage.

You went to her stadium?

Daily you post abuse against Budge.

And you are so full of shite about it all.

Fair enough its pish to be a Hearts supporter just now.

But it still doesnt excuse your shite post.

Central Belt 1874
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

AB is ultimately accountable for everything that happens at the club, even is she isn’t responsible for everything that happens. 

The footballing side, has been a disaster by in large as a result of her decision making. The reliance on CL was more than just loyalty, it was stubbornness and poor decision making at its worst. She repeatedly chose to ignore the weight of evidence and others advice. The result of that is the mess we find ourselves in today. 

I don’t see all that much evidence that lessons have been learned but time will tell. 

On the business side she has done a lot of good, however, she’s not been perfect. The stand overrun was far from ideal, nepotism is a bit of issue imo and she is learning that all the infrastructure on the business side is next to pointless without a decent product on the park.

She has undoubtably worked very hard and has only the best of intentions, however, that does not make her decisions correct or exempt her from criticism. She has got a number of significant things wrong lately. 

That said I would actually want her to remain as overall the good outweighs the bad. However, we should be preparing for a transition/succession as natural break points is rapidly approaching due to finances, her age etc.

I hope for everyone’s sake she starts making the right decisions, in respect to the 1st team as if she doesn’t, I’m not convinced she will be remembered as fondly as we would like.

Great post. 

4 minutes ago, jambali said:

No - just reorganising the football side...

I don’t think he’s reorganising the first team side of things as that will be the Manager’s role. Similarly I reckon any new SD will want to have a say in that side. I think Craig will come up with some proposals/ideas for consideration. 

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think he’s reorganising the first team side of things as that will be the Manager’s role. Similarly I reckon any new SD will want to have a say in that side. I think Craig will come up with some proposals/ideas for consideration. 

Hopefully Levein will have no further input into the club - he has done enough damage 

Just now, jamtartally said:

Hopefully Levein will have no further input into the club - he has done enough damage 

Exactly. He should hang his head in shame! He’s a legend alright now for all the wrong reasons. And he’s still claiming a wage he’s got a brass neck the money hungry snake!

The rat catcher

If there is any good news then its the fact that AB has taken the approach to get what it appears to be the best person available in. Its not often you hear of a new Manager that has come so highly recommended by so many. I cant remember this happening in recent times.

This is at least refreshing over picking one of the usual SPFL current or recent failures.

I get why some fans are disappointed, we all are. Before we jump to the "get rid of Budge" mantra, can anyone suggest a better option? Let's assume we have to pay a Chairman £250k+, perhaps the funding from benefactors will cease. The new manager will need some kind of funding to buy players that suit his style of play. Stendel (if he arrives) is suggested to be 12k a week, that's £600k a year, plus Barnsley want a pay off. This could be financial suicide, and who would be the first to complain if the standard of player fell (ok, hard to believe on last nights display) ? I bet it would be the get rid of Robbie, Cathro , Levien and Budge brigade. 

portobellojambo1
22 hours ago, amadjambo said:

If she punted him but couldn’t afford to pay him off then why wasn’t he put on gardening leave?

And if he was sacked, why is he happy to stay and work in another role with vastly inferior responsibilities rather than seek a payout?

Good question, I had heard one or two stories that although now having vastly reduced responsibilities he is still being paid the same money he was previously. But again, I say just something I'd heard no idea if there is any truth in it, we don't know and never will know what he was originally earning and what arrangement was put in place once he was relieved of his duties as were.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Dusk_Till_Dawn

At least the Stendel pursuit shows a return to sanity. But there’s a lot to repair and I’m not convinced that results matter enough to Budge

26 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Good question, I had heard one or two stories that although now having vastly reduced responsibilities he is still being paid the same money he was previously. But again, I say just something I'd heard no idea if there is any truth in it, we don't know and never will know what he was originally earning and what arrangement was put in place once he was relieved of his duties as were.

That’s standard on organisations. Money as per your contract but doing lesser duties. Did it myself previously when I was terminated  😎

3 hours ago, The rat catcher said:

If there is any good news then its the fact that AB has taken the approach to get what it appears to be the best person available in. Its not often you hear of a new Manager that has come so highly recommended by so many. I cant remember this happening in recent times.

This is at least refreshing over picking one of the usual SPFL current or recent failures.

Cathro?

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

That’s standard on organisations. Money as per your contract but doing lesser duties. Did it myself previously when I was terminated  😎

Unusual to have him in a position where he is showing potential new managers around if he’d just been sacked/relieved of his duties though.

Makes me wonder if Budge made the decision to relieve him of his duties or if he made the decision himself to step down. Given that he seems happy to hang about in a lesser role it strikes me as a bit odd.

36 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Unusual to have him in a position where he is showing potential new managers around if he’d just been sacked/relieved of his duties though.

Makes me wonder if Budge made the decision to relieve him of his duties or if he made the decision himself to step down. Given that he seems happy to hang about in a lesser role it strikes me as a bit odd.

Nah. I doubt he made the decision. Isn’t he the most arrogant person ever?

I hope Budge stays, but I doubt it. The longer we can keep the local self-important gammon types out of the boardroom the better. 

Piggies in suits with their brandies and cigars. Brogues and I’ll-fitting suits. Ruddy round faces and neck wattles at the top, and shiny brown brogues at the bottom.

Hopefully those days are gone, and we bring in dynamic forward thinking people with fresh modern ideas.

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I hope Budge stays, but I doubt it. The longer we can keep the local self-important gammon types out of the boardroom the better. 

Piggies in suits with their brandies and cigars. Brogues and I’ll-fitting suits. Ruddy round faces and neck wattles at the top, and shiny brown brogues at the bottom.

Hopefully those days are gone, and we bring in dynamic forward thinking people with fresh modern ideas.

What?!?!

No way, I8 is a member of the board?!

Mind...blown.

19 hours ago, rick witter said:

It’s quite easy to forget the off field achievements when we are absolutely horse-shit at the one thing everyone actually bothers about. I would happily sacrifice everything she has done (lots of it excellent) off the field for a better football team. I’m not even talking winning trophies here just back to being a consistent top 4 club with a few good players and bringing young players through. 

If you sacrificed (happily or otherwise) everything she's done off the field, we wouldn't have a football team!

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

not-sure-if-serious-memegenerator-net-not-sure-if-serious-51398421.png

34 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Deadly serious. Don't want these types anywhere near the boardroom.

robinson.jpg

piggy.jpg

Bottom pic is I8? 

Forever Hearts
On 04/12/2019 at 22:09, Cruyff Turn said:

It’s Leveins mess.

If/when Stendel happens, i’ll see how he does before coming to that conclusion.

She can change it. Hopefully that Craig fella isn’t within earshot. 

The turn in your username is kind of ironic given that you backed Levein to the hilt despite most of us realising a long time ago that he wasn't the man for the job and we were going nowhere under his stewardship. You argued that we were all wrong and you were right, so it's a bit strange to see you doing a Cruyff Turn where you now lambast him for the mess he has left. 

Ex member of the SaS

Ann has made mistakes that's true, her reliance on CL I suspect was not solely down to her though. The whole board ( or most of it ) must have backed him too as she would have gotten advice from someone on the board. ( I know that rambles a but but brain not working well today due to medication ). I would like her to stay but think she will go due to the animosity ( most of it on here TBF ). Her priorities was the business side and she has done wonders there thinking CL knew what he was doing she left him Cart Blanche and believed he could turn things around. Wish she had asked him to step down after the cup but perhaps she had other things to contend with.

Get Stendel in and hopefully the team get us up the league and with a fresh start next season all this will be behind us.

12 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂😂😂

Well AB the boomer, hasn’t changed anything around the board room. As your description is pretty much her partner Eric, down to the shoes. Whilst not a million miles from CL

Pretty sure AB will be disappointed fans are characteuring her partner and her good friend.

Then again I suppose neither were appointed for their looks since it has no bearing on their ability,  Though In CL’s case I might be wrong, would explain a lot 🤷🏻‍♂️

Touch a wee nerve your honour? :(

36 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The turn in your username is kind of ironic given that you backed Levein to the hilt despite most of us realising a long time ago that he wasn't the man for the job and we were going nowhere under his stewardship. You argued that we were all wrong and you were right, so it's a bit strange to see you doing a Cruyff Turn where you now lambast him for the mess he has left. 

Pretty much this. :rofl:

Cruyff Turn was always a big Levein guy even when things were turning to shit.

Got there in the end I guess.

10 hours ago, amadjambo said:

This is the bit i find really odd. For someone who is perceived as being so arrogant, i cannot believe he is happy with such a diminshed role, even reduced to showing his potential successor where the executive toilets are.

Unless of course he has been promised a new role further dowen the line. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as the new Sporting Director tbh

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

😂

No just pointing out that your stereotyping applies to Eric AB partner.  That is all. 

I get it was an attempt at a shite troll of I8,

Absolutely not atroll of I8. He does not fit the description believe it or not. Committee men.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Just as well there not black or coloured or you'd be in serious trouble.

Your insults say more about you than them .  Symmetry is a misnomer  as you sit admiring your visage in your reflective screen.

What the hell has someone's appearance got to do with anything? 

You should be ashamed but you wont be.  Narcissists seldom are.

1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Just as well there not black or coloured or you'd be in serious trouble.

Your insults say more about you than them .  Symmetry is a misnomer  as you sit admiring your visage in your reflective screen.

What the hell has someone's appearance got to do with anything? 

You should be ashamed but you wont be.  Narcissists seldom are.

Hi Colin. Hope you are well.