Pre-match Press Conference?

Swanny17

12 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Biscuits is fuming. Well done AM

AM is clearly fuming - he turned every question from about the 5th minute back to lies being told by the media against the club and basically saying part of his job is to call those low out. He has clearly been wanting to get that off his chest for 2 weeks.

Takes a set of balls to take on the media. Cathro didn’t have them and even a guy with the temper Levein had only really mouthed off about Stewart when there was a load of shit flying around about the club from other people 

32 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Austin appears to be his own man. He is also savvy enough to only make statements that he can back up with facts. Unfortunately, I fear he isn't going be given a chance because too many can't see past Levein. Would be a shame if we lose out on a good manager because of such a stupid reason.

The ‘too many that can’t see past Levein’ are not making the decision to appoint. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• ...a bit disco

• Unknown user

• Coburg Hearts

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

AM is clearly fuming - he turned every question from about the 5th minute back to lies being told by the media against the club and basically saying part of his job is to call those low out. He has clearly been wanting to get that off his chest for 2 weeks.

Takes a set of balls to take on the media. Cathro didn’t have them and even a guy with the temper Levein had only really mouthed off about Stewart when there was a load of shit flying around about the club from other people 

The ‘too many that can’t see past Levein’ are not making the decision to appoint. 

No, but fan opinion plays a part.

Has Preston’s WIFI been cut off or something? He’s usually all over Twitter and Facebook, but not a peep since Austin’s press conference. Maybe he’s just lost his phone...🤔

11 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

A 17 minute interview has changed my perception of Austin. 

I’ve not seen it and I’m chuffed he is firing shots but surely we have had a number of bold statements in the past, even public presentations, that are usually never translated onto the pitch. 

As a club we talk a great game  

SectionDJambo

This was different from the Levein comments to the press, which were usually just designed to wind up his critics.

Austin MacPhee gave a measured and factual response to claims made by an ill informed pundit, who tried to state them as fact.

He has shown up the goons, who tried to belittle him, as being blowhards. 

south morocco
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

This was different from the Levein comments to the press, which were usually just designed to wind up his critics.

Austin MacPhee gave a measured and factual response to claims made by an ill informed pundit, who tried to state them as fact.

He has shown up the goons, who tried to belittle him, as being blowhards. 

Very much this. Well said Austin. Maybe they’ll actually do some research before spouting their nonsense. In fact the BBC should be embarrassed having pundits of poor knowledge and quality of debating skills on their show. Amateurs.

Really good press conference and I have to say I have a lot of time for Austin.  I’d much rather he be given the first team managers role than folk like McCall etc and I genuinely believe he has the respect of the club and the players. 

Really wish him and the team the best of luck today, it would be excellent to see McPhee continue on a positive note. 

Edited by Swanny17

wonderful interview, fight, pride for the club,  confidence in his abilities, calls Smsm out for what it is, sticks up for his staff and players, absobloodylutely loved every moment of that interview and I hope our Team has watched it and takes heart from it, as, indeed I have.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

wonderful interview, fight, pride for the club,  confidence in his abilities, calls Smsm out for what it is, sticks up for his staff and players, absobloodylutely loved every moment of that interview and I hope our Team has watched it and takes heart from it, as, indeed I have.

The same fight Tom English slammed as doing Levein's bidding by Jon Daly by the way, this has been going on for some time

I think Austin really knows what he is doing. He is a very intelligent man. I imagine his relationship with the players is very good as long as you don't **** about. Anyone not pulling their weight in training or on the pitch you get the feeling he will let them know.

Everybody Loves Baz!

Listening to Off the Ball and Dick Gordon comes in on the hour to plug Sports Sound, mentions every match taking part today......except ours.

They're no happy.

Edited by Everybody Loves Baz!

Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

Listening to Off the Ball and Dick Gordon comes in on the hour to plug Sports Sound, mentions every match taking part today......except ours.

They're no happy.

I've scanned the first page of the BBC Scotland Football web page and not a mention of Hearts, apart from highlights of the women's team. Nothing, zilch. Pathetic.

Everybody Loves Baz!
Just now, Coburg Hearts said:

I've scanned the first page of the BBC Scotland Football web page and not a mention of Hearts, apart from highlights of the women's team. Nothing, zilch. Pathetic.

I think the SS show may have a few extra listeners for the first 15mins today.

I never listen to it personally, but will today......just to here 'Biscuits' implode lol.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

I will be extremely disappointed if Austin does not remain at the club in some capacity. 

I think if we don't find a position for Austin it will come back and haunt us.

coatbridgejambo
21 hours ago, Smithee said:

Borthwick's into Slayer?

I had no idea he was a gentleman of class and distinction. 

more of a surprise is the bbc playing the mighty slayer.shocked by this

1 minute ago, coatbridgejambo said:

more of a surprise is the bbc playing the mighty slayer.shocked by this

Not closely related but I literally just got the hang of angel of death on the acoustic

:verysmug:

23 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

They're no happy.

I hope this escalates into a massive bust up. BBC bans from Tynie, songs about Miller and Preston etc. etc.

Edited by GinRummy

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I think if we don't find a position for Austin it will come back and haunt us.

We'll be doomed. 

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We'll be doomed. 

At least you didn't post your usual stupid smiley.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd rather have no coverage from the *****,  considerable mark up on current form 

They'll be more interested in talking about Scotland, then Smeltic and Rankgers and Jack Ross's first Hibs game.

'moan the Well! Show Ross up for what he is.

Edited by jambonian

...a bit disco

40 odd minutes in, we've had 20+ on Hibs, a few minutes on Aberdeens boardroom shenanigans and the rest on the national team so far.

...a bit disco

Now at 50 minutes in, we still don't exist.

Sportsound obviously going with the ploy, 'ignore it and it might go away'.

8 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

40 odd minutes in, we've had 20+ on Hibs, a few minutes on Aberdeens boardroom shenanigans and the rest on the national team so far.

boardroom shenanigans and inability to pay for their new stadium in the rural hebrides

Everybody Loves Baz!

They've had a rocket up their arse, but are returning later apparently to discuss us. lol

Edited by Everybody Loves Baz!

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Not closely related but I literally just got the hang of angel of death on the acoustic

:verysmug:

Your right right to be smug 🤘

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

boardroom shenanigans and inability to pay for their new stadium in the rural hebrides

Yup.

Knocked back for a Crisis Loan from the DWP apparently.

Finally mentioned. Craigan doing a quick teamsheet and that's it.

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Yup.

Knocked back for a Crisis Loan from the DWP apparently.

Finally mentioned. Craigan doing a quick teamsheet and that's it.

😂

Craigan 😂 been sent incase anyone from Hearts chins the normal bawbags

Think they want to put it to bed after the apology and move on. Probably don’t want to humiliate Alan Preston any further. 

To be honest if it was Michael Stewart they would have because he is bright enough and of the disposition to handle it. Preston...well!

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

😂

Craigan 😂 been sent incase anyone from Hearts chins the normal bawbags

As if he's Mr Popular with our lot!

:lol:

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

As if he's Mr Popular with our lot!

:lol:

Maybe sent him incase one of the Hearts lot chin him as they think hes a bawbag

LarrysRightFoot

Thought he spoke well to Jonathan Sutherland there.

Said he is trying to implement the style of football the board and supporters want - so even if he doesn’t get the job it’ll be easier for the new manager to take up the reigns.

He seems a real student of the game, he thinks before he speaks - no wonder he has rubbed up some of the Sportsound crew the wrong way.

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Thought he spoke well to Jonathan Sutherland there.

Said he is trying to implement the style of football the board and supporters want - so even if he doesn’t get the job it’ll be easier for the new manager to take up the reigns.

He seems a real student of the game, he thinks before he speaks - no wonder he has rubbed up some of the Sportsound crew the wrong way.

Scratch that positivity laced post. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

LOL at the utter drivel on here. Some of you never learn

Great press conference so give him the job.

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Bauld said:

I think Austin really knows what he is doing. He is a very intelligent man.

Really? Based on what?

5 hours ago, jamboozy said:

As always, as a club we are ******* magnificent...right up until the ref blows the whistle to start the game. 

13 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah this has turned out pretty embarrassing. 

Yes for the people that wanted to give him a chance because of 1 result and fantastic interview.

theres a whole thread full of them.

Just now, Coco said:

Any new FACTS from MacPhee?

Lots and lots of inane drivel.  Something about a gameplan and implementing it....4 or 5 free headers where we could have scored,....blah blah blah...speaks to Budge daily.....

Just get this guy of the airwaves please.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 22/11/2019 at 21:35, Mr Sifter said:

Aye, you’re right. Only if he wins more games is he entitled to call out Preston for talking shite 🙄 Jesus Christ mate dinnae let yer annoyance of McPhee still being at Hearts cloud yer judgement here. Preston spoke shite the other week, and even if McPhee lost every game for the foreseeable, the fact would remain. Win lose or draw games, Austin was still perfectly entitled to defend himself. 

Prestons come out of this looking a right tit, do yersel a favour and try not to do the same 👍🏼

:rofl: