• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• ...a bit disco

• Unknown user

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’m going to make a guess that they want a triple conference tomorrow.  Stendel unveiled, but not in charge until Monday, AM confirmed as SD and the usual pre match stuff.

Probably stick Daly or fox up for the press conference so they can sit there and say they are only there to answer questions for Saturday's game and they know ****all.

Edited by Blackshades

32 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Probably stick Daly or fox up for the press conference so they can sit there and say they are only there to answer questions for Saturday's game and they know ****all.

Daly certainly knows **** all.

About anything connected with football actually. 😏

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

A bit surprised we’re nearly at 4pm the day before a game and there’s not even whiff of a press conference 

Maybe Austin's taken team away overnight again ? 

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Maybe Austin's taken team away overnight again ? 

There was still a press conference, when they went to St Andrews. I’m sure there’s an obligation to have a pre-match conference. 

Edit: just checked and it was posted around 3pm on the Friday. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

According to Jamie Borthwick it has taken place and he is editing footage just now for STV News. I guess it will appear on Hearts social media soon.

1 minute ago, lou said:

Bet Austin was loathed to do that after the way he was treated before the St Mirren game when everything the said he was mocked and belittled

Given that he has pretensions of securing one or other of the gigs one would imagine it's another opportunity to burnish his credentials and he'd be delighted at the opportunity...

Ford Prentice
2 minutes ago, lou said:

Bet Austin was loathed to do that after the way he was treated before the St Mirren game when everything the said he was mocked and belittled

We won 5:2. Pretty sure Austin relishing the opportunity to give it tight to the numpties who mocked.

5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

According to Jamie Borthwick it has taken place and he is editing footage just now for STV News. I guess it will appear on Hearts social media soon.

Still a strange one, normally snippets on twitter and STV sport normally have updates on website after them- nothing I can see.

Just now, Ford Prentice said:

We won 5:2. Pretty sure Austin relishing the opportunity to give it tight to the numpties who mocked.

Hopefully he grabbed that opportunity and does again post match tomorrow

Well that was worth the wait.  Some hard hitting words.  That could be the warm up on the McGregor v Farook card at Tynecastle.  Austin V Preston.

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Summary:

Giruy, Biscuits.

:pleasing:

Absolutely.....

Came across very well and finally cleared up the myth he was responsible for signing Martin.

I have swayed back and forth in my opinion on MacPhee but I like what he has to say.

Edited by DH1986

Just watched the whole thing on Hearts TV. Well worth the wait!

It might not work out for him but you can't help but admire the way he speaks: his desire to play attacking football, his comments on behalf of the club and the way he is able to calmly and assuredly take on the media.

Totally put Biscuits back in his box!

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Summary please?

bbc told lies about me and I was only the assistant in previous regimes so nothing to do with me and only helped him managers play in their style

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Allan Preston has made a real tit of himself.

Good to hear.

Brilliant.  Deservedly put Preston and the BBC slap bang in their place.

Mentioned Hearts playing attacking football time and again.

Loved it.

mainstandjambo

Preston firmly put in his place. Brilliant retort from Austin.

I might listen to Sportsound tomorrow to hear the reaction to his remarks.

Hope all those travelling tomorrow are treated to an attacking display of football.

Very impressed with Austin slowly warming to him .Don't know if he's the long term answer but I'm sure he is going to give it his best shot . So good luck to him

Edited by Blackshades

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just listened to that and got to say well done Austin Macphee for speaking well , defending himself , the players and the football club ! Very impressed with that press conference 

I rarely watch prematch press stuff as the same old gets trotted out. But that was a good watch.

Calm, composed and taking no prisoners.

If he wins a few more games then I'm happy for him to get the gig.

Only disappointment was that he didn't get stuck in to Willie Miller.  Maybe he felt Michael O'Neill had already done that for him.

For those who haven't heard it he said that Preston clearly had an agenda against him and had told four lies at the very start of Sportsound two weeks ago.  He then explained in detail which each of the four statements Preston had made were inaccurate.

Other notable comments - no one from Hearts has spoken to him about being SD.

He is clearly his own man and wants the top job.