Pre-match Press Conference?

Swanny17

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I like him more each time I listen to him. 

Not too many say such a thing after listening to Alan Preston, so he'll be thrilled.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Real Maroonblood

• ...a bit disco

• Unknown user

• Coburg Hearts

Talking the talk but far from convinced he is the right man for us at this time 

For Biscuits v Austin read Mikey Stewart v Levein

Same as it ever was

Edited by Jamhammer

I like Austin but didn't want him as manager before but he makes you buy into what he wants and the way he wants to play. A win tomorrow and a good performance v rangers he should get the job. 

south morocco

Week said Austin. Preston called out for spouting lies was pleasing. Maybe he’ll do a bit more research before commenting in the future but I’d doubt it. 

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

McTeflon should probably win more games before shouting the odds.

Preston deserved All he got in that media conference.

Edited by John Findlay

How can Preston be fuming? He's been shown up to be the cretin he is. If the BBC had any sense they would be withdrawing him from the program for a while.

Will be interesting tomorrow, no doubt Dick Gordon and Willie Miller will be jabbing themselves at Preston to raise a reaction from him, I'm sure the blood will be rushing to his head and he'll be spurting out more nonsense all over the place. Could get messy. 

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Preston deserved All he got in that media conference.

👍 This. All day long.

Impressive stuff from AM.

Preston and the BBC needed telling.

Delighted in how he defended the club. Not the man to take us forward I believe but fair play and respect, Austin.

4 hours ago, bn jambo said:

I’m still not sure on whether he would be the best manager we are capable of getting in

That said he speaks with a sincerity and honesty and most importantly confidence in terms of his own abilities

I like the fact he put Miller and Preston back in their box but the most important piece of the whole conference was hearing him say that he assisted Cathro/Levein in how they wanted to play and not how he necessarily wanted them to play 

I thought he may have been part of the problem but if this is the case and my inkling is to believe him maybe he just had to fit in with what both levein and Cathro wanted to do philosophy wise 

also interesting to hear him say that he has good players and good staff - not so much the players side but the staff side 

Food for thought indeed. Well done Austin, good to feel the confidence coming through from you and well done for putting these “nuggets” back in their box from the bbc 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Aye, you’re right. Only if he wins more games is he entitled to call out Preston for talking shite 🙄 Jesus Christ mate dinnae let yer annoyance of McPhee still being at Hearts cloud yer judgement here. Preston spoke shite the other week, and even if McPhee lost every game for the foreseeable, the fact would remain. Win lose or draw games, Austin was still perfectly entitled to defend himself. 

Prestons come out of this looking a right tit, do yersel a favour and try not to do the same 👍🏼

Borders Jambo

Preston shown up for the prat he is. Well done AM.

Why can't the BBC get someone in that doesn't talk bollocks and actually does some research before talking.

Preston is the epitome of an empty vessel. Hearts supporter my backside. Crap player, equally crap so called pundit.

4 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

I like the cut of his jib, wonder if the BBC will give preston airtime tomorrow.....

Course they will. Richard Gordon will be stirring the shit big time, no doubt Willie Miller will be guffawing in the background as Gordon suggests to Preston that Austin put him in his place. Then Preston will retort with probably another barrowload of shite, everyone will laugh without actually addressing and dealing with the points Austin raised, and then Sportsound will continue as the jolly wee clique it is. 

The end. 

See when you watch younger guys on Talk Of The Terrace talking knowledgeably of the game in this country, and compare it to the auld farts that run the show on a Saturday on Sportsound? It’s like night and day.

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Course they will. Richard Gordon will be stirring the shit big time, no doubt Willie Miller will be guffawing in the background as Gordon suggests to Preston that Austin put him in his place. Then Preston will retort with probably another barrowload of shite, everyone will laugh without actually addressing and dealing with the points Austin raised, and then Sportsound will continue as the jolly wee clique it is. 

The end. 

Maybe English will be on hand to break up the wee party, Preston has made himself out to be right t*t here and if he doubles down then he will ook even worse, 2 t*ts.

Cathro and Levein were massive mistakes but whoever gets the gig I’m positive every supporter will get behind the new manager and the team. The fans will give their all and remember 2 or 3 new players could be joining us in January.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Preston noun - an abstract object that hurts deeply in a public manner due to the ongoing disaster at his favourite club on the radio for money every week in order to fulfill a contract but has never apologised for replacing Scott Crabbe nor appears to hold any deep remorse for his utterly terrible performances at the club he loves.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

New show for Preston and Kuenssberg...

LIES AT THE BBC

Why is there always one who has to bring politics into a positive thread?

Preston is a gammon pussed cretin. An utter no mark more famous for talking pish than anything he ever did in football. Well done McPhee. 

Austin's credibility just took a massive upward hike. Articulate and Intelligent - that puts him head and shoulders above most candidates about at the moment. 👏Austin a day to enjoy 👍

Heart of Darkness

Well done Austin. 

His defense of Hearts was very commendable. Something that has been missing from the players for some time now, let's hope that they continue to show a bit courage too!!

Hope your players reward you for that tomorrow Austin with a blockbuster performance.  I rather think they will.

I'll be doing my pre-match build-up a bit later with a couple of beers at the club while watching the cricket.  Looking forward to that and a great Hearts win.

Coburg Hearts

Well said, Austin. I wonder how often Preston will use his catch-phrase tomorrow? I really do........as in..... "I really believe that, I really do" A bit like Mark McGhee and his "you know"

I’m loving the talk of attacking football . He mentions it a few times! I agree We should mostly be playing on the front foot home and away 

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some logic here. He destroyed a nomark like Allan Preston so he deserves longer in the job.

Ok....

Unfortunately that is the mentality with some.

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some logic here. He destroyed a nomark like Allan Preston so he deserves longer in the job.

Ok....

Folk entitled to opinion. If cabt deal with that a forum not for you.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Unfortunately that is the mentality with some.

Mentality aka an opinion that differs from yours haha🤷‍♂️ your mentality more worrying than folk that have different opinions i would suggest 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

Mentality aka an opinion that differs from yours haha🤷‍♂️ your mentality more worrying than folk that have different opinions i would suggest 

That was my opinion.

:P

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Folk entitled to opinion. If cabt deal with that a forum not for you.

Oh I can deal with it. If you can't deal with my ridiculing of that opinion, perhaps a forum isn't for you.

Austin appears to be his own man. He is also savvy enough to only make statements that he can back up with facts. Unfortunately, I fear he isn't going be given a chance because too many can't see past Levein. Would be a shame if we lose out on a good manager because of such a stupid reason.

12 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

🤣🤣 marginally less negative. I’m impressed