Jump to content
Hood09

Naismith Scotland captain and injury.

Recommended Posts

GinRummy
17 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Because the “ up to their knees lot” are incapable of rational thought.

 

Anyone who thinks Hearts are more important than Scotland is a bigot? Is that it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious that the players who get picked from Hearts don’t take that view. 

 

Judging by the fact Naismith has played 90 minutes twice, plus a decent subs appearance, in the 3 games since Levein left tells me he didn;t think it was worth rushing back to play under that manager anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
46 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Because the “ up to their knees lot” are incapable of rational thought.

Are you trying to play the ‘Hearts bigots’ card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

 

Judging by the fact Naismith has played 90 minutes twice, plus a decent subs appearance, in the 3 games since Levein left tells me he didn;t think it was worth rushing back to play under that manager anymore.

90 mins twice in the last 3 games ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Anyone who thinks Hearts are more important than Scotland is a bigot? Is that it?

Of course it is not.

 

Got **** all to do with bigotry.

 

Totally agree, club comes before country 100 per cent.

 

We pay his wages on a 4 year deal he signed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Of course it is not.

 

Got **** all to do with bigotry.

 

Totally agree, club comes before country 100 per cent.

 

We pay his wages on a 4 year deal he signed.

 

Absolutely. Previous poster trying to put us in 'the up to our knees' lot is pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Of course it is not.

 

Got **** all to do with bigotry.

 

Totally agree, club comes before country 100 per cent.

 

We pay his wages on a 4 year deal he signed.

:clap: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
55 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Of course it is not.

 

Got **** all to do with bigotry.

 

Totally agree, club comes before country 100 per cent.

 

We pay his wages on a 4 year deal he signed.

You must be up to your knees.....

 

Couldn't agree more. Club is more important than country now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
38 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

You must be up to your knees.....

 

Couldn't agree more. Club is more important than country now.

You and the others are wrong. Even the players don’t say that. Read what the players and even the club say. As for those who think there isn’t an issue with “the up to their knees brigade” infesting Tynecastle and JKB with their bile, they either don’t go to games or are deaf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Absolute Scenes

Side note on Naismith: 

 

just realised he’s hit 20 goals in 48 games, the same number Lafferty had, yet has been injured for quite a bit of time

 

just shows how important he is and just how good he is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Of course it is not.

 

Got **** all to do with bigotry.

 

Totally agree, club comes before country 100 per cent.

 

We pay his wages on a 4 year deal he signed.

I reluctantly agree with your club v country standpoint but that is due to my utter contempt for the SFA and the Glasgow establishment.

 

Were it not for that, I would wish it was much more like rugby in NZ where no one disputes that the All Blacks are the pinnacle.

 

As things stand, club before country for me every day of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I reluctantly agree with your club v country standpoint but that is due to my utter contempt for the SFA and the Glasgow establishment.

 

Were it not for that, I would wish it was much more like rugby in NZ where no one disputes that the All Blacks are the pinnacle.

 

As things stand, club before country for me every day of the week.

That’s not what the players say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC 86
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

That’s not what the players say. 

 

Are you not auld leith to be correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Independence
8 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Because the “ up to their knees lot” are incapable of rational thought.

You are probably correct. So sad! Its 2019 for goodness sake!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Independence
7 hours ago, busby1985 said:

You must be up to your knees.....

 

Couldn't agree more. Club is more important than country now.

They are intertwined. In any sport from bowling to rugby etc etc you play for your club but the pinnacle will always be to show you are the best and play for your country. Yes everyone must play for their club first and if international recognition comes along its great for the reputation of club and player. What is so difficult to understand? Well done every Hearts player who has ever played for their country and I am very proud of Naismith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
23 minutes ago, Independence said:

They are intertwined. In any sport from bowling to rugby etc etc you play for your club but the pinnacle will always be to show you are the best and play for your country. Yes everyone must play for their club first and if international recognition comes along its great for the reputation of club and player. What is so difficult to understand? Well done every Hearts player who has ever played for their country and I am very proud of Naismith.

You’re ‘proud of Nausmith’?

 

C’mon, we are all absolutely delighted he’s at our club, but, you’re actually proud of him?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBigO
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’re ‘proud of Nausmith’?

 

C’mon, we are all absolutely delighted he’s at our club, but, you’re actually proud of him?

 

 

Morgs, I'm certainly proud every time a Hearts player pulls on the dark blue. And to see a jambo captain Scotland also.

 

I want all Hearts players to want to run through brick walls to play for Scotland. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's the "type" i want at Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
On 17/11/2019 at 21:22, Weakened Offender said:

 

Are you sure about that? 

Ok. I get your point. Lots of prople from different parts of the world. I should have qualified that statement as people born here. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Morgs, I'm certainly proud every time a Hearts player pulls on the dark blue. And to see a jambo captain Scotland also.

 

I want all Hearts players to want to run through brick walls to play for Scotland. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's the "type" i want at Hearts.

Och, maybe just me.  :sad: 

 

I think being ‘proud’ of an individual you probably haven’t ,or never will, meet, seems odd to me.

 

I’ve drank with wee Robbo scores of times, love him to bits, but am not ‘proud’ of him.

 

I just love him!  ❤️

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBigO
Just now, Morgan said:

Och, maybe just me.  :sad: 

 

I think being ‘proud’ of an individual you probably haven’t ,or never will, meet, seems odd to me.

 

I’ve drank with wee Robbo scores of times, love him to bits, but am not ‘proud’ of him.

 

I just love him!  ❤️

 

 

 

Yeah i suppose you're right. I'm proud as a jambo rather than of SN i guess. Still proud. Love seeing Hearts players play for Scotland.

 

Get off Robbo. He's mine. I'll scratch your ****ing eyes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

 

Yeah i suppose you're right. I'm proud as a jambo rather than of SN i guess. Still proud. Love seeing Hearts players play for Scotland.

 

Get off Robbo. He's mine. I'll scratch your ****ing eyes out.

Too late, BO.

 

He has already scratched more than my eyes.

 

:oohmatron:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weakened Offender
19 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Ok. I get your point. Lots of prople from different parts of the world. I should have qualified that statement as people born here. 👍

You'd still be wrong of course, just a bit less wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CJGJ

Captain tomorrow night as well it seems

 

Steven Naismith is poised to lead the line for Scotland again tonight with manager Steve Clarke revealing he has reached an agreement with Hearts interim head coach Austin MacPhee over the 33-year-old striker’s involvement. Naismith has been bedevilled by knee and thigh injuries over the past 18 months and only recently returned to action for this club.

Edited by CJGJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

:clap: 

When selling a player. Do you think Hearts should receive more if a player is a regular for their country? 

Edited by ri Alban

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackie the Cat

It will be 51 at Hampden again tonight.......for Naismith anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beast Boy

Playing regularly for Scotland is a big part of the reason Aberdeen are asking for £10m plus for McKenna. European and international games brings players on a lot. Guys like Souttar, Halkett and Hickey would improve massively the more international and European games they play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
9 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I want all Hearts players to want to run through brick walls to play for Scotland. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that's the "type" i want at Hearts.

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

 

I'd hate to have such closed off views as you. First you were implying people were bigots now little englanders. To come on a message board and reduce yourself to a trolling, wumming mess is embarassing to read. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

I'd hate to have such closed off views as you. First you were implying people were bigots now little englanders. To come on a message board and reduce yourself to a trolling, wumming mess is embarassing to read. 

If the cap fits wear it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
Just now, OldGorgie said:

If the cap fits wear it

 

Primary school banter now. Makes a change from snidey name calling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

 

Primary school banter now. Makes a change from snidey name calling. 

🥱🥱🥱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

 

Primary school banter now. Makes a change from snidey name calling. 

He's 100% shit stirring vermin. Best ignored or you'll get a ban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Captain tomorrow night as well it seems

 

Steven Naismith is poised to lead the line for Scotland again tonight with manager Steve Clarke revealing he has reached an agreement with Hearts interim head coach Austin MacPhee over the 33-year-old striker’s involvement. Naismith has been bedevilled by knee and thigh injuries over the past 18 months and only recently returned to action for this club.

This is the type of game he could get clogged imo.

 

At best he should be on the bench with possibly an appearance late on.

 

These games mean absolutely nothing.

 

Got a bad feeling about it with our horrendous luck.

 

Maybe it's paranoia 😣

 

We cannot afford to lose this guy through an injury in a meaningless game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
15 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

That’s not what the players say. 

🤔🤔

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcjambo
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

 

I'd hate to have such closed off views as you. First you were implying people were bigots now little englanders. To come on a message board and reduce yourself to a trolling, wumming mess is embarassing to read. 

He's a clown and a thick one at that. Ignore him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBigO
3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

Not sure about that. Yeah theres a Hearts element who are rw&b and dont support Scotland for "political" reasons. Bunch of them def on here.

 

But moreso, i think the culture of football has simply changed. The romance has gone. Sky and all that glitzy stuff has pushed the club game through its finance to be the be all and end all. That feeling drips to our league.

 

I personally work to retain the romance in football for myself. Part of that is the honour of playing for your country. Perhaps it helps that I'm passionately Scottish. But i also love seeing Hearts players playing for other countries. I want Smith to be N Irelands best player and people to say "who does he play for?"

 

People simply don't feel like that. Same down south and perhaps wider, international football is a distant second to club for most supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985
3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

How have you lasted so long on here. Every post or person who disagrees with your view you have flung insults at. “Unionists” “up to their knees in crew” “little englanders”. How have you not been slung. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Independence
13 hours ago, Morgan said:

You’re ‘proud of Nausmith’?

 

C’mon, we are all absolutely delighted he’s at our club, but, you’re actually proud of him?

 

 

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

Just ignore them.

Steven Naismith captaining Scotland is an honour for Hearts as well as him.

It's surely a massive plus on a players CV if he is a regular for his national

team . As a previous poster has said once a player starts to rack up International caps it adds value to them in the transfer market. It's a win win situation for all concerned.

If Scotland were doing well and qualifying for tournaments people would be much more positive about players playing for Scotland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gnasher75

Playing for Scotland of course there is the risk of injury but it also gives him game time at international level which means he should come back sharper. I guess he will play another 60-75 minutes tonight as agrees with Austin MacPhee. Will be delighted to see him leading the line tonight, in the playoffs and hopefully in the Euros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XB52
4 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Very much how I feel but not apparently how the loud mouthed little englanders on JKB think.

Your trolling is getting desperate now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
35 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Your trolling is getting desperate now

I don’t care what you say. For me it’s great to see a Hearts player leading out his country with pride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alwaysthereinspirit
20 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I reluctantly agree with your club v country standpoint but that is due to my utter contempt for the SFA and the Glasgow establishment.

 

Were it not for that, I would wish it was much more like rugby in NZ where no one disputes that the All Blacks are the pinnacle.

 

As things stand, club before country for me every day of the week.

This for me too. Give me a sports individual or team wearing a Thistle or Lion Rampant on their shirt and I’m all over it. Except the Scottish football team.

Late 70’s early 80’s I was at every Hampden game. Now I don’t even care unless a Hearts player is involved. Absolute $%!te from top to bottom.

The third rate association has made some serious errors over the past 30 years.

Where are the top Scottish players that captained and played for the top English teams year in and out? How many do we have now in the top British league? 

McBurnie doesn’t count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beast Boy

A Hearts player captaining Scotland makes me feel proud too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot

Hearts player for Scotland captain. 

 

Can't have happened much in the past. 

 

Great stuff. 

 

How it's a negative is beyond me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beast Boy
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts player for Scotland captain. 

 

Can't have happened much in the past. 

 

Great stuff. 

 

How it's a negative is beyond me. 

 


Pressley Scotland Captain whilst at Hearts? Only possible candidate I can think of. Maybe Webster or Berra? After that you are going back to the 1900s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
7 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Playing regularly for Scotland is a big part of the reason Aberdeen are asking for £10m plus for McKenna. European and international games brings players on a lot. Guys like Souttar, Halkett and Hickey would improve massively the more international and European games they play.

Don't know why that works with McKenna though.

 

That big huddy makes a complete erse of himself every time he plays for Scotland.

 

10 million for him :cornette:

 

The world has gone completely mad. :cornette_dog:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldGorgie
6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He's 100% shit stirring vermin. Best ignored or you'll get a ban.

Wrong on all counts. Me I’ll be delighted to see Naismith of Hearts with his chest puffed out with pride, leading the Scotland team out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beast Boy
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't know why that works with McKenna though.

 

That big huddy makes a complete erse of himself every time he plays for Scotland.

 

10 million for him :cornette:

 

The world has gone completely mad. :cornette_dog:


I don’t rate him particularly highly either, but it’s something that adds ££s on to a player’s value. He will have improved a lot from playing for Scotland and in Europe with Aberdeen, and is still young enough to improve further. Just don’t think he’s anything like as good as others do though. There’s football people involved in the game at a decent level who do rate him though, so they will know a lot more about these things than I do. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
44 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:


I don’t rate him particularly highly either, but it’s something that adds ££s on to a player’s value. He will have improved a lot from playing for Scotland and in Europe with Aberdeen, and is still young enough to improve further. Just don’t think he’s anything like as good as others do though. There’s football people involved in the game at a decent level who do rate him though, so they will know a lot more about these things than I do. 🤷‍♂️

And me I suppose 😞😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...