BBC Scotland TV Series - Inside Tynecastle

August Landmesser

I quite enjoyed it to be honest.  Obviously not to everyone's taste, but what is ?  My takeaways:

- Felt sorry for Stendel.
- Nice to see the club providing food for the homeless.
- How good must it be to be an U18 player - especially for the ones signing pro contracts !
- Amazing how angry I felt all over again at getting shafted by the 'independent' arbitration.
- Always good to see JJ at Tynecastle.
- I had forgotten about Andrew McKinlay.  Not sure if that is a good or bad thing ?
- I want Gary Locke's job !  It is just a shame that I am massively under-qualified for it !

I would watch another series.  Principally on the basis that the more Hearts-related stuff there is on the telly, the better.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Pasquale for King

• ToqueJambo

• kila

Austin MacGlee
41 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Honestly not in the mood for reading posts like this anymore after Friday.  I am mixed on the documentary, I am not sure many parts of it reflect well on us.  As for Gary Locke, I never realised what an absolute clown he is, come's across really bad.  Things like "Scerf above the Heid" and getting onto the sponsors telling them Hearts were different class at HT in the Dundee game.  Sake Gary, were were playing Dundee in the 2nd tier.  I agree with the general thoughts that we are moving forward but for me there is a lot behind the scenes that needs improved on.  I will say one thing though, you can see we are making huge strides with the SM content, that side of thing looked really on the ball.  I also really liked the way the foundation kept themselves to themselves throughout this, you can tell they are the real MEN of power at the club, there on hand waiting to back the club where it needs it.  Proud to contribute to them.

Don't read them then you oddball.

Calling Locke a clown shows you up man. PHM to the core is Gary and I'm proud to have him represent us.

You like powerful MEN do you?

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
3 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Don't read them then you oddball.

Calling Locke a clown shows you up man. PHM to the core is Gary and I'm proud to have him represent us.

You like powerful MEN do you?

You like Budge dottering about talking about flowers and her consvervatory do you aye?  Dont make out I am a women hater either Austin, I thought the way Gary degraded that wee lassie in episode one was a disgrace, calling her an air stewardess.  Embarrassing stuff.

29 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Not think this is part of the Hearts problem though.  Guys acting as normal punters when they should be acting professional.   A few folk on here seem to agree with my concerns that we seem amateurish, I am surprised there are others willing to say this but fair play.  Listen we all have the club at heart I get that, not having a dig Pasquale.

Disagree completely.  I think we came across as a very professional, modern club.  Glad to see we are not a boardroom full of stuffy suits with little sense of reality, what we have is people who are switched on and appear to be part of the fabric.  As for Lockie, he's a fan, first and foremost, who has had the privelege of playing and managing the club.   He's the sort of people we want at the club.  All in all people that care deeply and are fighting for our great club, and of course I include FOH in that.    

1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Appreciate your experience but we weren't in control of the news leaking out. There were two (three if you add Robbie as an individual) parties to the negotiations and If you remember the speed between the first rumours and the announcement on that Sunday it was all pretty dang quick. I'll take Ann's word that she tried to contact Daniel in advance. And given the level of salary Daniel was likely on he's big enough and ugly enough to deal with it (which I think he did okay and he was justified in having a bit of a moan).

As I understand it he was not taking any salary at the time, so for that alone he deserves a bit better treatment than he received.

Whatever you think of Stendel is another issue, but you could see from the programme that he was disappointed and it mattered to him.

All in all don't think he was treated at all well by the club, after making such a big thing about choosing him, and the delay in getting him in place, which also did not do us any favours.

All in all Mrs Budge's judgement in the whole episode has been suspect to say the least.  

Pretty soft and unspectacular for me.

Felt sorry for Stendel watching that.

Nice the show ended on the Dundee game.

Oh, one final thing. Where's the social distancing in the office? 😯 Few of them sat in meeting rooms barely a metre apart and others sat at desks next to each other.

They not work at home?

Kidd’s Boots
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It’s a question of how much is Ann stepping back to just being chairperson now we have a CEO. It’s not clear. 

True, and  I assumed that the process begun when he was appointed, but does his appointment not have to be ratified at the AGM first?

12 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

True, and  I assumed that the process begun when he was appointed, but does his appointment not have to be ratified at the AGM first?

That’s just a formality. 

Kidd’s Boots
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s just a formality. 

Agreed, and possibly once the formality is taken care of, all will become clear

Goldstone Wonder
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Pretty soft and unspectacular for me.

Felt sorry for Stendel watching that.

Nice the show ended on the Dundee game.

Oh, one final thing. Where's the social distancing in the office? 😯 Few of them sat in meeting rooms barely a metre apart and others sat at desks next to each other.

They not work at home?

I noticed this as well! No barriers or anything! 

Agree it was pretty meh for me also 

Do the Rudi Skacel

Been back through the last few pages and can’t find a link for overseas Jambos which was kindly provided before - anybody got a link? Much appreciated 

Edited by Do the Rudi Skacel
davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Think the groundsman seemed to prefer when there was no football on the pitch.

I think all groundsmen are like that.  

Just watched the last episode. Great stuff with the food banks. Daniel should have been told first no question but at least Ann apologised. To me it sounded as though Naismith enjoyed working with him. Anyway onwards and upwards, off to watch Barnsley on ifollow- here's to 3 points apiece for both our teams tonight.

davemclaren
4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Just watched the last episode. Great stuff with the food banks. Daniel should have been told first no question but at least Ann apologised. To me it sounded as though Naismith enjoyed working with him. Anyway onwards and upwards, off to watch Barnsley on ifollow- here's to 3 points apiece for both our teams tonight.

Not so good for you guys tonight. Survival is probably the name of the game I imagine. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Disagree completely.  I think we came across as a very professional, modern club.  Glad to see we are not a boardroom full of stuffy suits with little sense of reality, what we have is people who are switched on and appear to be part of the fabric.  As for Lockie, he's a fan, first and foremost, who has had the privelege of playing and managing the club.   He's the sort of people we want at the club.  All in all people that care deeply and are fighting for our great club, and of course I include FOH in that.    

Modern yes, professional not at all. There’s a number of instances in every episode where we look amateurish at best I’m afraid. The treatment of Stendel being the worst. 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Not think this is part of the Hearts problem though.  Guys acting as normal punters when they should be acting professional.   A few folk on here seem to agree with my concerns that we seem amateurish, I am surprised there are others willing to say this but fair play.  Listen we all have the club at heart I get that, not having a dig Pasquale.

Yeah I suppose he wasn’t that professional, you could say he’s not really used to an office environment. There were a few cringey moments that shouldn’t happen in a modern workplace, the girl saying Neilson looked smart has been deemed to be sexual harassment for over 20 years. I agree that we appeared amateurish on a few fronts, but our owner has said she is clueless about football, I don’t think that’s changed. 

Ethan Hunt
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I suppose he wasn’t that professional, you could say he’s not really used to an office environment. There were a few cringey moments that shouldn’t happen in a modern workplace, the girl saying Neilson looked smart has been deemed to be sexual harassment for over 20 years. I agree that we appeared amateurish on a few fronts, but our owner has said she is clueless about football, I don’t think that’s changed. 

Telling someone they look smart has been sexual harassment for over 20 years? Have you got a link to that as I must have missed it.

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not so good for you guys tonight. Survival is probably the name of the game I imagine. 

Actually I think this season can actually be one where we needn't worry about relegation.  We ve some good young players, with a seasons championship football under their belt and a manager more in the Stendel mode of attacking football.  Well done on your win, you're in the promotion spots!

I thought Gary Locke , Graeme Pacitti and the grounds men  came across well . 
If I’m being honest I expected a bit more cutting edge , in depth and warts and all . 
This was portrayed as zero warts . 

Heres Rixxy
On 23/11/2020 at 11:20, sim said:

Does anyone know where I can watch the current BBC series besides iPlayer?
Not living in the UK, so dont have access to it through the beeb.

Should be up here shortly. The quality isn't as good as the first two but I didn't have time to capture well.

Heres Rixxy
47 minutes ago, gogsfaesydney said:

Any chance somebody can post a link tae watch in Oz

Should be up here shortly. The quality isn't as good as the first two but I didn't have time to capture well.

Peakybunnet

I have always been a fan of Mrs Budge since she saved the club.

But the documentary gave me a nagging feeling of a control freak who doesn't know what she is doing when it comes to the football side of things.

The lets have chat meetings with Daniel and Robbie appeared contrived for the cameras. Daniel especially looked bemused when he was sitting opposite her. 

Really not a fan of the documentary. They somehow managed to miss all the goings on in any depth and focused on catering and the womens team.

Main takeaway was that I felt sorry for Stendel, he was treated appallingly.

davemclaren
4 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Actually I think this season can actually be one where we needn't worry about relegation.  We ve some good young players, with a seasons championship football under their belt and a manager more in the Stendel mode of attacking football.  Well done on your win, you're in the promotion spots!

Fair enough. Good luck. 😄

3 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

I have always been a fan of Mrs Budge since she saved the club.

But the documentary gave me a nagging feeling of a control freak who doesn't know what she is doing when it comes to the football side of things.

The lets have chat meetings with Daniel and Robbie appeared contrived for the cameras. Daniel especially looked bemused when he was sitting opposite her. 

Stendel looked bemused having a meeting sitting opposite his boss ? He also looked bemused trying to win football matches. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Stendel looked bemused having a meeting sitting opposite his boss ? He also looked bemused trying to win football matches. 

Because it was obviously staged and it was awkward to watch... Do you side with Budge over Stendel?

Armageddon

I'd swipe the correct way on Tinder with the PR girl... just something about her, but then I also like nails down a blackboard! "Good to see you Hun, how you been Hun?"  Just wheesht and get that dress aff :)

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'd swipe the correct way on Tinder with the PR girl... just something about her, but then I also like nails down a blackboard! "Good to see you Hun, how you been Hun?"  Just wheesht and get that dress aff :)

:berra:

47 minutes ago, kila said:

Because it was obviously staged and it was awkward to watch... Do you side with Budge over Stendel?

In what respect ? Stendel made a shit team worse. Very little time for a guy who couldn’t improve us. 

38 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Is it just me or was the Hearts doc woeful?

Nah Tiger King was miles better