We could not have given any more

DB-14

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not suggesting he should get the managers job myself but things went against us when Whelan had to go off. Losing Smith too was a hammer blow. 
Starting Wighton was a surprise but at least he went with 2 up front when there is absolutely no way Levein would’ve. It wasn’t the usual scared set up that were used to in Glasgow. We didn’t get much foothold in the game either due to a chronic lack of talent in the middle of the park. 
But looking at it, apart from possibly starting Uche (and he was rumoured to not be 100%) I’m not sure what else he could’ve done tbh. Our squad, or what is available anyway, isn’t very good. We were never beating Rangers with what we had. 
The new guy has got a job on his hands. This team looks in a bit of trouble. A win saturday is absolutely essential. We lose that and a relation battle gets real. 

I agree. We have huge problems in the midfield. We are in a relegation battle with this squad.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darren

• Bazzas right boot

• jambopilms

• Jon Snow

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, CAI said:

What use was 2 up front when we never made it past the half-way line. The team froze at the centre circle and passed it all the way back to our keeper. That is all I saw us do on Sunday. 

That obviously wasn’t the plan.

Mate I’m not for arguing with anyone I just think we didn’t have the personnel to beat Rangers Sunday there, we rarely ever have done in all my years watching Hearts. JJ’s team when Rangers were running on fumes and early Vlad days and that’s about it. (Championship season I forgot we were too) They have better players in every position unless we are at full strength and even then its still debatable whether we have any better individuals than they have at their disposal. Add up the sum of our parts and only a madman would expect any other outcome than what we got. 
Were desperately poor and have some real deadwood in there.
McPhee wasn’t the problem imo. He is possibly one of them but we weren’t winning Sunday. Everything had to go for us. Rangers having a serious off day and us getting some incredible luck. 

Edited by jack D and coke

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

That obviously wasn’t the plan.

Mate I’m not for arguing with anyone I just think we didn’t have the personnel to beat Rangers Sunday there, we rarely ever have done in all my years watching Hearts. JJ’s team when Rangers were running on fumes and early Vlad days and that’s about it. They have better players in every position unless we are at full strength and even then its still debatable whether we have anyone better individuals than they have at their disposal. Add up the sum of our parts and only a madman would expect any other outcome than what we got. 
Were desperately poor and have some real deadwood in there.
McPhee wasn’t the problem imo. He is possibly one of them but we weren’t winning Sunday. Everything had to go for us. Rangers having a serious off day and us getting some incredible luck. 

Of course, we lack the quality across the whole team in pretty much every position on the park. What I would say though is this. Hearts fans are way more forgiving if the players on the park go out there and show some sort of drive and at least show up to the battle. If the team is going to lay down and accept defeat. No-one can accept that. 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You’re reverting to the we are bright and intelligent and understand what’s really going on. Do you have eyes? Did you watch that shit show? 

Just stop the rather tiresome I’m better than anyone nonsense. It’s just more excuses like the one’s that kept Craig in the job. Austin should be nowhere near our dugout after Sunday. 

Are you saying that you don't  understand that what needs to be said publicly is not always the same as what is said privately?...

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Some of what you say is true, but part of the "predicament" he was in was of his own making.

Starting with Maclean and Wighton up front.

No place on the bench for Dikamona, a player who can cover CH or RB

Pinning his hopes on keeping it at 0-0 until the last 20 minutes when he could put on 2 players that hadn't played since August.

I reckon he started MacLean and Wighton because he wanted to play with 2 up and Uche has failed to form a partnership with any of our strikers except Naismith who was not fit enough to start...

Is Dikamona fit? Not sure he is...

Really concerns me what some people think they are watching. @jack D and coke, we clearly did not go two up front. 

Meshino was wide left and Wighton wide right with MacLean through the middle.

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I reckon he started MacLean and Wighton because he wanted to play with 2 up and Uche has failed to form a partnership with any of our strikers except Naismith who was not fit enough to start...

Is Dikamona fit? Not sure he is...

Uche has failed to form a partnership? 

Are you being serious? 

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

He start Wighton in his first game back in who knows how long but doesn’t take that same risk with Naisy.

I would guess it was because Wighton had played 60 minutes and a full 90 minutes in 2 Reserve games while Naismith has not had any game time. 

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Really concerns me what some people think they are watching. @jack D and coke, we clearly did not go two up front. 

Aye ok. Tbh I seen the line up and was surprised Wighton was starting, I certainly wasn’t aware he played out wide and that honestly had my interest at almost zero before I got to hampden. I assumed 4-4-2 without paying it that much attention. 
I was half gassed and barely arsed watching. Left straight after 2nd went in and back to boozer where I didn’t watch another second of it. 

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Forums full of it, "fans" who haven't been to a game since the 20th century but still know exactly whats going on

4 hours ago, McCrae said:

Not sure what else he could do in the circumstances? The game plan was working until Whelan had to go off.  I blame CL for having a crap squad, it’s not AM fault.

Whilst I would prefer a more experienced manager I don’t blame AM for the result on Sunday.

AM has managed the first team 4 times and has won 3 of these games.

Start with Ikpeazu, let him rough up their defence a bit. If he's done, take him off.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

Start with Ikpeazu, let him rough up their defence a bit. If he's done, take him off.

That’s probably what I would have done, but I understand why he didn’t start.  I think the Whelan injury was critical. Until then we were containing Sevco.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

That’s probably what I would have done, but I understand why he didn’t start.  I think the Whelan injury was critical. Until then we were containing Sevco.

I didn't agree with the plan at all but I do realise Whelan was crucial to its implementation. Nevertheless, I think starting with Ikpeazu would have at least given their defence something to think about, particularly given how he had performed against them at Tynecastle.